Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1176  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
nssherlock's Avatar
nssherlock nssherlock is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
I did not know they even had to voice a reason to use one of the p. strikes. Any lawyers here???
Any reason except Race, Religion, Sex
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nssherlock For This Useful Post:
  #1177  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
PAXIMUS's Avatar
PAXIMUS PAXIMUS is offline
Registered user
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
You can, but we are not there yet. The strikes happen in the final round.
The defense just used a peremptory strike against the potential juror who lied about his DUI, Baez didnt want to waste one of them (they only get 10) and wanted the Judge to excuse him for cause, the judge refused and Baez opted to use one of his peremptory strikes because it looked pretty obvious that the guy had a lot of interest in crime and killers and wasnt fit to be on a jury.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PAXIMUS For This Useful Post:
  #1178  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
21merc7 21merc7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jackets fan View Post
She seems like she is holding herself up pretty well. I f it were me, I would be in a panic mode.
Ditto!
__________________

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.
  #1179  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Zoe Bogart's Avatar
Zoe Bogart Zoe Bogart is offline
Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Who Dat Nation
Posts: 4,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowens1975 View Post
The State should have asked her if she knew what a Mass Spectrometer was. I think HHJP would have changed his mind. I think he's getting desperate to seat a jury, too desperate.
Is it something that measures how many people are attending a Mass? Or how many people are attending a rally? A mass of spectators meter?
__________________
My brain is copyright-protected.
Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.


Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoe Bogart For This Useful Post:
  #1180  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
dog.gone.cute's Avatar
dog.gone.cute dog.gone.cute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 7,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
I wonder what RB has her computer page on that ICA is reading?
Yes ... she is sneaking peaks ! I thought ICA could NOT use a computer ? ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:
  #1181  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
grandmaj grandmaj is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 43,448
I'm sorry I guess I was wrong it is apparently about the next juror.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grandmaj For This Useful Post:
  #1182  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
crucibelle's Avatar
crucibelle crucibelle is offline
Pisces
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hellaware
Posts: 905
Oh man, this is messed up... will the state have another chance to strike this woman (the religious one who doesn't like to judge) or is she pretty much gonna be on the jury, now? This is bad for the state, IMO. She is not going to want to level the DP, IMO.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crucibelle For This Useful Post:
  #1183  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Patty G's Avatar
Patty G Patty G is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,568
I believe they are discussing the juror that was JUST on the stand.
__________________
Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:
  #1184  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
logicalgirl's Avatar
logicalgirl logicalgirl is offline
Peace Hawk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragco View Post
I disagree. The State tried to use their strike. The strike request has been denied.
Thank you - I was unaware the Judge could deny an actual strike. I now know something new.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:
  #1185  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
nursebeeme's Avatar
nursebeeme nursebeeme is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
Posts: 52,141
strike that... I was wrong.. you guys were right.. they are talking about next one up... juror1135...SORRY....
__________________
This bee my opinion
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:
  #1186  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Tiki's Avatar
Tiki Tiki is offline
"Juan more time"
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,497
I'd have to answer "I don't know" to some of the questions. I have not spent anytime pondering what I would think or do if I was a juror in a death penalty case. Not to mention I'd be a bit nervous getting the 3rd degree from the DT.
.
__________________
---------


Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[i]Please help BestFriends help us.

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiki For This Useful Post:
  #1187  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
sassy_texasbelle2's Avatar
sassy_texasbelle2 sassy_texasbelle2 is offline
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
Watching on WESH ... camera on a "very chatty" ICA and her new DT mitigation specialist ...

ANY LIP READERS ???
Maybe she just remembered how many more times she had been abused and catching her up on it.
__________________
Save the Earth! It is the only planet with chocolate.

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.
~ Unknown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sassy_texasbelle2 For This Useful Post:
  #1188  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
whiteangora's Avatar
whiteangora whiteangora is offline
I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowens1975 View Post
The State should have asked her if she knew what a Mass Spectrometer was. I think HHJP would have changed his mind. I think he's getting desperate to seat a jury, too desperate.
I don't know, if someone had asked me that question 3 years ago I wouldn't have known what it was either.
__________________
Neighborhood Watch is...
NOT the Vigilante Police
http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf




The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whiteangora For This Useful Post:
  #1189  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
gitana1's Avatar
gitana1 gitana1 is offline
Verified Attorney
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 9,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
Clearly the state was not prepared to elaborate as to why they wanted her gone, so I believe they were using a p. strike, and did not think they would need to explain. So my question is, can a judge disallow a p. strike and if so, can the state try again with this juror, as long as they have a better prepared reason? Or is judge sold on this one?
I think that's it. This is the one we know for certain is on the panel. I have never seen a peremptory objection sustained.
__________________
For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:
  #1190  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
JSR's Avatar
JSR JSR is offline
Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 5,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosby View Post
I couldn't help but notice the the DT did not go through their lengthy list of questions. Got her off quickly before she said something wrong.
Yup Mosby. You noticed that too. This is bad. This process is SO damn important folks. The DT is searching and hoping for that one person who isn't into details, has no children, and who isn't comfortable judging others. They just need one to sit on that jury and they're home free. The DT is looking to keep her from death or get a hung jury. That's their plan.
__________________
Indeed the Irony IS Rich

Jodi Arias- "Quick on the slime, Slow on the facts"- From Juan's Closing Argument

"The difference between a stumbling block and stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path."- Travis Victor Alexander
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JSR For This Useful Post:
  #1191  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
RR0004's Avatar
RR0004 RR0004 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosby View Post
I couldn't help but notice the the DT did not go through their lengthy list of questions. Got her off quickly before she said something wrong.
I assume this woman was already questioned once before...but not twice?
  #1192  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
PAXIMUS's Avatar
PAXIMUS PAXIMUS is offline
Registered user
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by nssherlock View Post
Any reason except Race, Religion, Sex
This is correct, with cause means a reason was given, peremptory doesnt require a reason (or cause) but it cannot be based on race, religion or gender.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PAXIMUS For This Useful Post:
  #1193  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
mydailyopinions's Avatar
mydailyopinions mydailyopinions is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In the Woods In Georgia
Posts: 5,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Anyone notice the juror (young 32 year old woman) said she never heard about the case, not one word; then when asked if she would like to be in the jury, she said "yes". Baez said why and she said "it has always interested me".

She was not challenged.
I understood her to mean that now she has heard of it, her interest has sparked, after being there this week.

I didn't interpret her meaning she knew anything of it and wanted to be there because of prior interest....

JMHO
__________________
Justice For Caylee Marie
  #1194  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Blue Jackets fan's Avatar
Blue Jackets fan Blue Jackets fan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMouse View Post
ICA can get death row groupie letters in prison from her new friend when this is all over.
I wonder how women in prison treat those who murder children? I know in a mens prison child molestors/killers do not fare well there.
__________________
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue Jackets fan For This Useful Post:
  #1195  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM
TiaM's Avatar
TiaM TiaM is offline
Calm and Watchful Now
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
Watching on WESH ... camera on a "very chatty" ICA and her new DT mitigation specialist ...

ANY LIP READERS ???
I used to work with a dead ringer of Rosalie B. She smelled overpoweringly of White Shoulders perfume and an underlying smell of sweat. You could always tell if she had been in the elevator or break room before you. Ugh!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TiaM For This Useful Post:
  #1196  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Disguiseduser0308's Avatar
Disguiseduser0308 Disguiseduser0308 is offline
Irony is asking a pathological liar who can and cannot be trusted.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantPickle View Post
I get what he is getting at but what a sucky question. Police officers are "normal" people !
Common question asked in voir dire. They need to know that you won't give more credence to a PO testimony simply because they are a PO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Disguiseduser0308 For This Useful Post:
  #1197  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM
USARDOG's Avatar
USARDOG USARDOG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere between Texas, KY and FL.
Posts: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by watergirl View Post
Personally, I would like to see a diverse jury, which would include a broad range of educational and ethnic background. There is so much evidence, I think anyone can form a pretty fair assessment of the case whether they can understand the more technical forensic issues or not. I don't think you have to be a middle-aged college-educated white male to grasp with certainty that Casey murdered Caylee.

You make a point, it is worthy to note, in the OJ case, only one juror had ever even heard of DNA before the case began. They did not have the educational back ground to grasp the significance and relevance of DNA and the verdict I believe reflected it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to USARDOG For This Useful Post:
  #1198  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM
JSR's Avatar
JSR JSR is offline
Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 5,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
I think that's it. This is the one we know for certain is on the panel. I have never seen a peremptory objection sustained.
Me either Gitana. Me either. That's scary. And for the first time since this case started I'm worried the DT will get their hung jury.
__________________
Indeed the Irony IS Rich

Jodi Arias- "Quick on the slime, Slow on the facts"- From Juan's Closing Argument

"The difference between a stumbling block and stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path."- Travis Victor Alexander
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JSR For This Useful Post:
  #1199  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Patty G's Avatar
Patty G Patty G is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,568
Well, we will find out in a minute which juror they are talking about.
__________________
Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:
  #1200  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM
21merc7 21merc7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
Whoa ... they are way behind on their news coverage.

I first read the "news" about Rosalie Bolin being on the DT right here at WS 3 days ago !

By the way ... did Fox News mention that RB is married to a "serial killer" ?
BBM

Thread all about it here

Rosalie Bolin - What is her role? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

__________________

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE MORNING SESSION ynotdivein Caylee Anthony 2 years old 1114 05-13-2011 11:51 AM
2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session) Patty G Caylee Anthony 2 years old 2227 05-12-2011 07:52 PM
2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session) Harmony2 Caylee Anthony 2 years old 1619 05-12-2011 12:07 PM
2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three #2 Harmony2 Caylee Anthony 2 years old 167 05-11-2011 07:14 PM
2011.05.09 - Jury Selection Day One ynotdivein Caylee Anthony 2 years old 2028 05-09-2011 05:53 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!