Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softail View Post
They are talking about all of the evidence that the defense wanted to keep out. It is all coming in. The prosecution has the upper hand at this point.

Casey Jordan talking about the circumstantial case - that this will be putting all of the puzzle pieces together. She is saying there is a gap, on how Caylee was put in the woods.

typical "if there isn't a picture" you must acquit mentality.

welcome to the gates of hell JVDS.

Jose Baez: “I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, ‘Now, I understand. That explains it.’”

Jose Baez to da judge :

".....that type of testing is unique. we requested that they be allowed to test items and that of course was objected to by the state and and uh the state uh granted or sustained their objection, denied our opportunity to have him test these items due to a very specialized field, subfield, of dna that he is one of the pioneers of uh in the alternative of we were granted the ability to test certain items by an outside lab...."
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to costalpilot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:26 AM

I think that them blaming innocent people for this crime is going to make the jury mad. Roy Kronk called in three times in August to report something suspicious and LE dropped the ball on that. Their best bet is going to say that yes, Caylee died in Casey's care and call it an accident... good luck trying to convince a jury that, but blaming innocent people is not the way to go.
WS Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amster View Post
Beth and Jean love to bring up Roy K. They do it constantly. JB needs to change their talking points.
Why is it RK's fault she was not found sooner? Good grief, Charlie Brown, he certainly tried to get help to investigate. Does not sound reasonable that someone else put Caylee there after KC was in jail when RK found the exact spot where she was eventually found. What person can conceive that what they are seeing is the skull of a child? All he asked is that LE investigate because he knew something was not right. He certainly tried a lot harder to get help than the baby's own mother. DT should be ashamed of themselves if they try this route. It amounts to the "hallway" at Universal. A dead end. jmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amster View Post
Did CA or GA ever explain why they ignored the calls from ICA?
NO but if I recall I think Lee stated they were trying to teach KC to be responsible and were ignoring her. Remember that was the day after the "fight" which CA claims never happened.

I believe she was super angry and wanted to see TONE - I have always believed - the searches on the computer about neck breaking etc. were not meant for Caylee, but for one of her parents.

I think she was planning something huge that would have left her witht he house and AMy would have been able to move in.

But Caylee ended up being the victim after some thought by KC>

MOO
Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
They are now talking about the build-up to the trial. How the prosecution will start. It started as a missing child.

Beth - Saying the defense can chose to wait and do their opening when they present their case.

Beth saying the defense can say that Roy Kronk raises reasonable doubt. Why did it take so long for him to get someone to come out there. Why did he know for so long that she was in the woods?
i would call that "unreasonable doubt."

welcome to the gates of hell JVDS.

Jose Baez: “I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, ‘Now, I understand. That explains it.’”

Jose Baez to da judge :

".....that type of testing is unique. we requested that they be allowed to test items and that of course was objected to by the state and and uh the state uh granted or sustained their objection, denied our opportunity to have him test these items due to a very specialized field, subfield, of dna that he is one of the pioneers of uh in the alternative of we were granted the ability to test certain items by an outside lab...."
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to costalpilot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:31 AM

Repeating the clip of JB saying when the case starts don't watch the tv . . . that is what tivo is for . . . it's unreliable . . . .I have seen some of the coverage in this case, but I am shocked @ kc smiling, what she is wearing. KC saw how hard JB's student worked for free and was sworn in during one of their hearings. She smiled @ that moment, media ate it up, JB felt it was misleading.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:33 AM

I am kinda tired of the media being blamed for 'the circus' - yes I am the media, but I am pretty quick to call 'sensationalism' when it is due.

The day that the media DOESN'T jump on the KCs of the world, the day they stop caring about the Zahras and Caylees and Haleighs and Kyrons should be the day that they hand in their pad and pen.
The media has to represent these babies that no longer have a voice.... someone has too.

I Still Call Australia Home
Old 05-23-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
BBM:

There is no way they could tie RK to this ... besides, how would RK get the body in the trunk of ICA' car? how could RK get the baby blanket that was found at the site where Caylee's remains were ? what in the world would RK be doing with chloroform ? Oh ... and the duct tape ?

Geez ... I would be an extra-terrestial did it before RK ...
Me too.

There was also the laundry bag from Caylee's room that USED to be full of balls. RK got into Caylee's room and took the bag and tossed the balls loosely in the Anthony shed????

I don't think so.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Seriously! Ancient Aliens!

I sure wish after JB toots his own horn about his Military service that he`would explain why he went so long without paying child support! IMO, they both go to show ones character. moo

It Was Ancient Aliens!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:38 AM

IS interview with JB

I had not seen this interview either and just tuned into IS as JB was talking about how unfairly ICA has been treated in the Media, by LE, everyone. He also states that it is a shame that this case has turned into 'entertainment for many people' and talks about how the media manipulated CA/GA. He also states that the media presented CA unfairly and in a way that distorted what was actually going on.

Entertainment = 48 Hours? Interviews with MULTIPLE MSM, press conferences at every turn with and without his client..............and he says the media drove the interest in this case..............geesh
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to GennyMac For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 AM

The RK thing was a monumental <bleep bleep bleep> errr mess up. THREE calls in August? and no response ... don't ask for the public's help if you are going to ignore it. This case may have had a COD IF someone had listened to him. His original calls were made before the rain and flooding in the area.

I am impressed he kept at it until December - so many would have thought "I made the call, they probably came out and checked and found nothing" and let it be at that.

OCSO have no doubt kicked some LE butt.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferTx View Post
A gap? What does that mean?

Huge gap how could tiny little ICA possibly carry a garbage bag weighing ~30 lbs all by herself without help. She must have had outside assistance with that impossible feat.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kaRN For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GennyMac View Post
Entertainment = 48 Hours? Interviews with MULTIPLE MSM, press conferences at every turn with and without his client..............and he says the media drove the interest in this case..............geesh
I hate to give the man anything .... BUT the media would have hounded him non-stop. A press conference is an easier way to get information out, give a chance for questions, a time to 'prepare' without taking 100s of phone calls.

Sometimes I am blown away by the stupid questions that are asked. eg "Did KC do it?" .... SERIOUSLY, YOU expect this man to say "Yes, yes indeed she did" .... I feel like walking up behind them and giving them a little slap up the head with my Journalism 101 textbook.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GutFeeling! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:47 AM
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't

Oh, now JB is saying he had a similar case he defended. He said originally it was a felony murder charge of a 2 yr old. The jury lowered it to manslaughter and child abuse because someone had to pay for the death of a child. He felt the jury was an injustice because his client was a dark Hispanic and the jury was all white.

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?

"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Coley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
They are covering the case this morning.

Christy Paul seems to finally get it. She is asking how they can say there was an accident when there was duct tape wrapped around Caylee's mouth.

Casey Jordan has a theory, that after opening statements, they (CA&GA) will have a glimpse of what direction the defense is going. If they find that the defense is going after them, they just may "turn" on Casey.

respectfully snipped and BBM :

Thank You to you, and the other posters here, who have the "stomach" to watch IS ... I just cannot watch them any more ... not good for "my health"

BBM:

As to Christy Paul asking how they can say there was an accident when there was duct tape wrapped around Caylee's mouth --

I believe the duct tape was done by ICA "intentionally" because Caylee said something to CA ... I know there was this alleged "fight" and ICA stealing money from the grandparents was an issue ... but I still believe that the duct tape was to shut Caylee up.

Casey Jordan's theory that after opening statements, CA&GA will have a glimpse of what direction the defense is going, and if the defense is going after them, they may "turn" on Casey.

The A's will "never" turn on Casey ... I just don't see it ... but of course ... I could be wrong.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutFeeling! View Post
I am kinda tired of the media being blamed for 'the circus' - yes I am the media, but I am pretty quick to call 'sensationalism' when it is due.

The day that the media DOESN'T jump on the KCs of the world, the day they stop caring about the Zahras and Caylees and Haleighs and Kyrons should be the day that they hand in their pad and pen.
The media has to represent these babies that no longer have a voice.... someone has too.
Well said! You can blame society for the media but you can't blame the media for society. Keep fighting to expose truth GutFeeling!!

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to kaRN For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Mike Brooks is talking about the public protesting area. There are boxes taped off where people will be allowed. They want to make sure that nobody is in any danger, at the same time allow free speech.
What is it that people will be protesting?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grammieto5 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:52 AM

I agree with Jean C. and the other talking head that say the lady that could not judge does not have a strong enough personality to hang a jury. I also think the non-judging lady is a follower that was easily rehabilitated by JP into a 180 degree turn around about judging.

She caved for JP. I think the stronger jurors will also get her to cave.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jolynna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:53 AM
WS Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutFeeling! View Post
I hate to give the man anything .... BUT the media would have hounded him non-stop. A press conference is an easier way to get information out, give a chance for questions, a time to 'prepare' without taking 100s of phone calls.

Sometimes I am blown away by the stupid questions that are asked. eg "Did KC do it?" .... SERIOUSLY, YOU expect this man to say "Yes, yes indeed she did" .... I feel like walking up behind them and giving them a little slap up the head with my Journalism 101 textbook.
"No comment at this time. Thank you." Telling the judge to put a gag order in place. It worked for the woman in California who worked for the church and killed her neighbor's little girl. Responsible reporting is very important in a case but it is sad how most of the jurors don't trust the information they received from the media. jmo
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:53 AM

I never knew that JB only finished the 9th grade (per his interview on IS right now).

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
They are now talking about the build-up to the trial. How the prosecution will start. It started as a missing child.

Beth - Saying the defense can chose to wait and do their opening when they present their case.

Beth saying the defense can say that Roy Kronk raises reasonable doubt. Why did it take so long for him to get someone to come out there. Why did he know for so long that she was in the woods?
Did he know it was Caylee????
Old 05-23-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammieto5 View Post
I get the impression that the county is anticipating protestors like the ones that were at the Anthony home way back when this all began.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Softail For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammieto5 View Post
If I lived in Orlando, Florida I would protest to my tax dollars paying for this darn defendant (the nicest way I could put it).

If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I get the impression that the County is anticipating protestors like the ones that were at the Anthony home way back when this all began.
I also think there will be a contingent of death penalty protestors. They seem to follow the death penalty cases around the state. JMHO
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
I never knew that JB only finished the 9th grade (per his interview on IS right now).
Me either. Did you see where he thought it was funny that Mason is also a drop out and he called them the "Drop out defense". Not to knock on drop outs, since I am one, but it explains alot of his ignorance in this case so far. I'm sure there is much more to come.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Coley For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread