IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...r-missing-iu-student-20110608,0,1261306.story

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Thread #1
Thread #2

Please continue here...

A friend who knows LS and her bf told me. It could be a rumor, I guess, but it seemed factual when I was told.

Thanks-

I found what you said interesting because I kind of thought that JW would be at the PC's. Not on camera, but standing nearby with LS's sister maybe. Just there in support of the family.

But maybe JW is not close with the Spierer family or he just hasn't been caught on tape.

Thanks-

I found what you said interesting because I kind of thought that JW would be at the PC's. Not on camera, but standing nearby with LS's sister maybe. Just there in support of the family.

But maybe JW is not close with the Spierer family or he just hasn't been caught on tape.

At first Lauren's parents spoke about how loving a relationship the two have...but I don't think he has been mentioned by them at all of late.

A "known fact"; a fact know by LE but not the rest of us is the identity of the male LS was with between 3:10 and 3:30 in the alley. If it is CR, something is wrong since we know he was in the altercation at Smallwood at 2:40 and supposedly headed straight to his apt. It would mean that they went somewhere else first. CR has apparently lost his memory. I can find no clarification from MB as to the time LS and CR arrived and when LS left. If LS was with someone else, who and why the mystery? why is that information withheld ? There is still the big mystery about JW and why he wasn’t with LS that night. The roommate’s explanation doesn't hold water because the basketball game JW was watching (Miami vs. Dallas) should have ended around 11:00- 11:30 but LS didn't leave for Milroy’s until 12:30. JW's account of that night’s activities has not been disclosed. I suspect one of the Smallwood "boys" contacted him about the "encounter" with LS and CR in the lobby.

When information like this is withheld, it usually means that they are not so clear about the "facts" and they don't want to reveal what they know and what witnesses have told them.

So did Lauren know her phone was missing while in the bar, but they did not look for it or at least, did not find it? And I guess no one else had boyfriend's number as her roommate says she had no way to reach him...

All this talk about CR this, that and the other. So, roomie now reveals that she and by proxy they (the roommates) knew JR prior to this incident. Even spent plenty of time at JR's place last year: "We always used to be at his place last year." And all I've been hearing about is CR? Humph. Mom's plea may yet work.

CR has been talking, and his lawyer has been talking. While JR and his lawyer have been very quiet. I presume that's why we haven't heard much about JR.
JR appears to be more important to the case than CR at this point, since it appears JR was the last known person to see LS before she went missing.

Also, roomie points out the Captain's error at this morning's presser on who exactly reported LS missing. Which is it?:

Police today said Wolff went to the police station to report Spierer missing. However, Tamir said two friends — Sara and Amanda Roude, a student from Chappaqua — went there to fill out a missing person's report.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...appearance?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

I am pretty sure male on the video tape going to CR's apartment with LS has to be CR. Who else could it possibly be? It might be that they took a long time to walk if both were allegedly intoxicated, and CR had that punch to the head (stumbling, etc).

At first Lauren's parents spoke about how loving a relationship the two have...but I don't think he has been mentioned by them at all of late.

Well, I think it would be awkward since Lauren was out with CR all evening and was allegedly having "inappropriate" physical contact with him in front of their friends.
All the while, JW is allegedly at home waiting for Lauren's call.

Well, I think it would be awkward since Lauren was out with CR all evening and was allegedly having "inappropriate" physical contact with him in front of their friends.

Pretty awkward.

I feel so sorry for her parents...a nightmare anyway and then to hear about the wild night that went down...

Tamir said that's when Wolff contacted her and one of her girlfriends, "asking us if we heard from her."

"We both said we didn't," she said, "and I was in class so he asked me if he could come get my key from me just to check if she was still sleeping in the apartment because it was around 2 p.m. then, and we all sleep late."

After fetching the key, Wolff went to Smallwood and "got into my apartment," Tamir said.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...appearance?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

Why would LS be still sleeping in the apartment if she wasn't there when the roomies left? 2 PM...we all sleep late: too much info for me.

Tamir said that's when Wolff contacted her and one of her girlfriends, "asking us if we heard from her."

"We both said we didn't," she said, "and I was in class so he asked me if he could come get my key from me just to check if she was still sleeping in the apartment because it was around 2 p.m. then, and we all sleep late."

After fetching the key, Wolff went to Smallwood and "got into my apartment," Tamir said.

Why would LS be still sleeping in the apartment if she wasn't there when the roomies left? 2 PM...we all sleep late: too much info for me.

I'm assuming maybe the roommates hadn't realized that she wasn't home. I'm guessing JW asked, "hey have you heard from Lauren this morning? i've texted her and got no response." They likely said, "no, we haven't seen her. We assumed she came home later than the rest of us, but I guess we never checked. She could be sleeping yet." So JW asks if he could get the key to the apt to go check.

I'm wondering who retrieved the cell phone from Kilroy's, who turned it in, and if anything had been deleted off it?

It seems to me that without JW, Lauren would have been reported missing much later than she was. JW was insistent that something was wrong....he had been waiting for Lauren's call and when he got an answer, it was the bar. He probably knew something was very wrong if Lauren left her phone at the bar. After all, most people are very attached to their cell phones.

He followed the logical chain...contacting her friends, getting a key to get in the apartment, going and finding that she wasn't there, then contacting the police, then contacting her parents.
If he had done something, don't you think he would have waited before reporting her missing? He could say, "Well, she didn't call me last night and then I realized she had been out all night and left her phone at the bar....I just figured she was with friends and would get in touch with me later."
If JW was following her by car, I think that would show up on the street footage....and it may. We just don't know much about all the footage at this point.

It is possible to find JR's facebook page through MB's friends. I think CR is in his profile pic.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/12/news.qp-0165757.sto

When the Indiana University student didn’t answer text messages sent to her cellphone by 11 a.m. Friday, June 3, friend and fellow Smallwood Plaza dweller Ilana Portner said she knew something was up and went to check on her.

“If one of us doesn’t text somebody, we just knock,” said Portner, a 19-year-old communications student from Philadelphia. “We spend our whole days together up until it’s time to go to bed.”

At first, the group of friends, many of whom live with Spierer on the fifth floor of Smallwood, thought Spierer might be sleeping, Portner said.

But she wasn’t in her bed.

:fence:

I know you stipulated and said allegedly, but just for the record, I don't think it was said Lauren was having "inappropriate" contact with CR.

Friends of JW said CR was paying "inappropriate" attention to Lauren.

The difference being it did not necessarily sound like the attention from CR was reciprocated by Lauren.

How about CR has simply gotten caught for his antics? Perhaps, others were just more careful...or lucky until now. Perhaps, pot/kettle/black. Same sort of behaviors: excess drinking, fisticuffs, confronting, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital