Metro Detroit ME (Dr. Werner Spitz) Will Testify At Casey Trial

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
This just broke on my local news. Retired Medical Examiner, Dr. Werner Spitz, will testify for the Defense in the trial of Casey Anthony.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28239316/detail.html

Metro Detroit ME To Testify In Casey Anthony Trial
ME Says Caylee Anthony Could Have Drowned

POSTED: Tuesday, June 14, 2011
UPDATED: 10:21 pm EDT June 14, 2011

DETROIT -- Former Macomb and Wayne counties Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Werner Spitz said he picks and chooses the cases he does now, and the Casey Anthony murder trial was one he was particularly interested in.

Spitz, a world-renowned forensics pathologist, will travel to Orland, Fla., to testify Friday in the ongoing murder case in which Anthony is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony...

Oh boy, I find him, well, hard to take. jmo

Werner Spitz. Gack! :razz:

I hope the esteemed Dr. Spitz does the same bang-up job he did for our dear friend Philip Spector. :innocent:

I guess the money might mean more than the reputation.

moo

Oh boy, I find him, well, hard to take. jmo

ITA. Not to mention, also, that his son, Daniel, also a Medical Examiner, screwed up royally in a fairly recent case when he "missed" a bullet wound during his autopsy.

So I am assuming that the good Dr Spitz finally got around to getting back to Baez and creating that report??? Wasn't this a previous issue during a hearing when they missed yet another deadline?

ITA. Not to mention, also, that his son, Daniel, also a Medical Examiner, screwed up royally in a fairly recent case when he "missed" a bullet wound during his autopsy.

Was that the David Widlak case, or am I thinking of another ME? As soon as I heard the last name and metro detroit, I thought of that case...

Was that the David Widlak case, or am I thinking of another ME? As soon as I heard the last name and metro detroit, I thought of that case...

Yes. Dr. Daniel Spitz is "following in his father's footsteps" ;)

He testified in Ryan Widmer's trial according to him her injuries were do to CPR not murder.Well I feel better because Widmer was convicted as IMO ICA will be.

Well at least the State can let the credetials speak for themselves haha

I guess the money might mean more than the reputation.

moo

It does seem that some of these autopsy Dr's who make a great reputation and career for themselves,start to reek worse then the smell of decomp before their own demise IMO.:innocent:

So I am assuming that the good Dr Spitz finally got around to getting back to Baez and creating that report??? Wasn't this a previous issue during a hearing when they missed yet another deadline?

Why do a report? In this case he didn't even need all the info to state an opinion.
re: explaining why he thinks Lana Clarkson killed herself:
Spitz described the force of blood and tissue escaping from Clarkson's mouth and nose as being "like a fireman's hose." On cross-examination, Deputy DA Jackson asked why blood was not found on the floor or furniture if the spray was as powerful as a fire hose. Spitz responded that he could not address this issue because he had never examined the crime scene. His conclusions were derived from photographs of the clothing worn by Clarkson and Spector on the night of her death and reports assembled by other experts.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/celebrity/phil_spector/17.html

Defense Expert Report From Dr. Werner Spitz was due by 4 p.m on March 11, 2011 - was it turned in? Anyone know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back