Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Michelle Young

Notices

Michelle Young Michelle Young, 29 and pregnant was murdered in her North Carolina home. Who killed Michelle?

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 AM

State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-15-11

I guess we'll hear more today about connecting the evidence to blood on the wall, shoes that don't fit, children that were drugged, hoses and friends that were monsters.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:00 AM

I was thinking about Michelle Money driving a lawn mower and pulling Jason Young around on a skate board while everyone else declined to participate. Were they looking for a moment alone or were they pretending to be 12 year olds with toys? Jason sleeping with MM while she was trying to get pregnant is a bit like that married guy (alienation of affection guy) sleeping with Nancy Cooper while she was trying to get pregnant. Are they thinking that it's like stud fees at the racquet court or gym - status?
The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 AM

In the Casey Anthony trial, the DA has very little if any Proof that CA murdered her child. However, the biggest factor in deciding guilt has to be her behavior during and after the time the child went missing. With that being said, same thing withJY, his behavior both leading up to and especially after MY's murder is (IMHO) his behavior. It is compelling evidence in and of itself. Behavior is huge.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Goldenblatt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto View Post
I was thinking about Michelle Money driving a lawn mower and pulling Jason Young around on a skate board while everyone else declined to participate. Were they looking for a moment alone or were they pretending to be 12 year olds with toys? Jason sleeping with MM while she was trying to get pregnant is a bit like that married guy (alienation of affection guy) sleeping with Nancy Cooper while she was trying to get pregnant. Are they thinking that it's like stud fees at the racquet court or gym - status?
I totally agree. And as JTF stated yesterday, I expect MM to be marrying JY in prison. They really do make a highly compatible couple. A perfectly matched set of sociopaths.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goldenblatt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 AM

Behavior of witnesses and suspects is significant when solving murders. MM found herself to be a murder suspect and complained about it in court. What did she expect? She was sleeping with her friend's husband, leading him on, commiserating about marriage, professing their love and suddenly, her friend is murdered. She kept contact with him even after the murder and her performance in court leaves much to be desired - particularly in terms of being forthright. She is deception, evasive and cutesy. I bet she can talk for two hours and say nothing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:21 AM

9:20 and the

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/livenow?id=8175997
Old 06-15-2011, 09:37 AM

Whenever MM raised her eyebrows and smiled (not sure who the look was directed to), it drove me nuts! I just kept thinking how inappropriate it was for this case.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carolinalady For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:45 AM

Missing juror!

Looks like one replacement with no fault.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Justice for Shaniya Davis!

The juror without the car didn't show up. Sound just turned off while the judge discusses this.
The Following User Says Thank You to happy2binNC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:49 AM

While we're waiting for them to figure it out, someone asked for pics of the girlfriend yesterday ...

Old 06-15-2011, 09:49 AM
From The Dept of Redundancy Dept

Defense questioned the completeness and suggested ineptness of WCSO during opening statements, they ignored or missed important evidence. As such juror cannot get a ride from any sheriff and no juror will be able to for quite some time.

Sound familiar WSers?

Heard that somewhere else recently (about an inept and incomplete L.E. agency) as claimed by a defense team?

< btw, Sound on ABC-11 feed did not turn off at all. I could hear the juror's last name as well as the alternate's last name who will be put in. >
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:50 AM

Juror without transportation is excused, due to a lack of further transportation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM

And ... the defense is unprepared and asking for a block of time to review.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
And ... the defense is unprepared and asking for a block of time to review.
Well they just got them so i dont think they could of been prepared.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:53 AM

New DNA reports available, defense asking for 10 minutes to review before court resumes. It's refreshing that the defense team specifically said this was not the state's fault, they just received the reports too. No accusations and no kittens, unlike the defense in the BC case.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to happy2binNC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:53 AM

Judge Stephens does NOT like making juries *wait*. My hubby is in Smithfield today, also not a happy camper, as he hates jury duty.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 AM

Allright ... the judge will explain it to the jury, and they'll bring on the next witness after 15 minutes ... because the defense requested 15 minutes to review notes regarding the next witness. Mr somebody has stepped down, which may shuffle the jury to 8 women 4 men.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Anglophile & registered demwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenblatt View Post
I totally agree. And as JTF stated yesterday, I expect MM to be marrying JY in prison. They really do make a highly compatible couple. A perfectly matched set of sociopaths.
And they will name their first child Narcissus...

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:56 AM

It's refreshing when a defense team actually shows a modicum of class and doesn't throw daily tantrums escalating to birthing litters of kittens. Very refreshing indeed. Makes a case proceed faster too, in case no one had noticed. In addition, it helps because the jury doesn't come to despise the defense team.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnipes View Post
Well they just got them so i dont think they could of been prepared.
Just got what? A new witness? Did the prosecution all of a sudden introduce a new witness, or was one member of the jury excused (replaced with an alternate) and did the defense request a break because they were unprepared?11 minutes and counting ...
Old 06-15-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2binNC View Post
New DNA reports available, defense asking for 10 minutes to review before court resumes. It's refreshing that the defense team specifically said this was not the state's fault, they just received the reports too. No accusations and no kittens, unlike the defense in the BC case.
What kind of new DNA reports? Are the reports related to the questions asked by the jurors? Analysis of the clumps of hair? What could it be?

I recommend the court not appoint a juror who has no direct transportation to the courthouse again. Kind of a given if they have to depend on a ride from some 3rd party person in a trial lasting longer than a week, there will come a day that ride doesn't work out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
It's refreshing when a defense team actually shows a modicum of class and doesn't throw daily tantrums escalating to birthing litters of kittens. Very refreshing indeed. Makes a case proceed faster too, in case no one had noticed. In addition, it helps because the jury doesn't come to despise the defense team.
It's also refreshing when a prosecution team acts with class as well.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
What kind of new DNA reports? Are the reports related to the questions asked by the jurors? Analysis of the clumps of hair? What could it be?
I don't know -- the defense said they had just received a new report that was also new to the state, and asked for 10 minutes to review it before the next witness is called. I am scratching my head wondering how new DNA reports are just being produced, nearly 5 years after the murder.
The Following User Says Thank You to happy2binNC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
In the Cooper trial, there were tantrums all over the place. In the Anthony trial only the defense is having tantrums. It is refreshing to not see lawyers stomping their feet, badgering the witnesses and misleading the judge.
Closed Thread