Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Melanie's Avatar
Melanie Melanie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,989
2011.06.23 Casey Anthony "WOW" moment from the Defense Table- Video Included

Did anyone catch ICA at the defense table "self-testifying" in front of the jury. She is shaking her head no, and goes so far as to mouth the word "wow". In case you missed it, this is my first attempt to catch something on TV, so please forgive the imperfections. It's only 2.5 minutes long.

I didn't catch it while Cindy was testifying, but did see it on HLN later. I was quite suprised, and hope that Your Honour does not continue to allow this to happen. Whatever happened to showing no emotion? Both of these women - pieces of work, eh?

Thoughts?

Mel

Link to video:

Link to depo with SA LDB: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310276/detail.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Bon's Avatar
Bon Bon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Who Dat Nation!!!
Posts: 1,577
I was quite taken aback when I saw this clip earlier
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bon For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:43 PM
You'reKidding,Right?'s Avatar
You'reKidding,Right? You'reKidding,Right? is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 81
Thanks for posting that video. My impression was that Casey was reacting to the fact the prosecuter mentioned Cindy being on medication.
__________________
"I wish to say what I think and feel today, with the proviso that tomorrow perhaps I shall contradict it all." ~Emerson
Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to You'reKidding,Right? For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:49 PM
kaRN's Avatar
kaRN kaRN is offline
Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where the Mayor smokes crack
Posts: 4,410
Only ICA is allowed to speak to her Mother with such disrespect. How dare LDB
__________________

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:53 PM
mombomb's Avatar
mombomb mombomb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,442
All I can say is WOW
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mombomb For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM
strawberry's Avatar
strawberry strawberry is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by You'reKidding,Right? View Post
Thanks for posting that video. My impression was that Casey was reacting to the fact the prosecuter mentioned Cindy being on medication.
WHich is ridiculous because LDB was quoting CA from the pretrial hearing where she claimed she used a whole bottle of febreeze and put dryer sheets in the trunk, which she only now remembered because of her change in medication
__________________
My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Melanie's Avatar
Melanie Melanie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
WHich is ridiculous because LDB was quoting CA from the pretrial hearing where she claimed she used a whole bottle of febreeze and put dryer sheets in the trunk, which she only now remembered because of her change in medication
I sure wonder what kind of medication it was --- remind me never to take it. It sure causes some serious memory loss. Or does it provide for a great memory once you start taking it (ie, when she changed medication she sure started remembering a LOT).

Sooo confoosed.

Mel
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:59 PM
sagsag sagsag is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 32
I think the "wow" was genuine. I bet Casey heard that excuse her whole life - "It's because of my medication!" so she was probably taken aback that a prosecutor of all people would be the one to throw that in her face.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sagsag For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:01 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
WHich is ridiculous because LDB was quoting CA from the pretrial hearing where she claimed she used a whole bottle of febreeze and put dryer sheets in the trunk, which she only now remembered because of her change in medication
I wish you would trumpet this from the rooftops, lol. People believe LDB was being snarky when she was clearly referring to something pertinent. You could tell in Cindy's response that she was also perfectly aware of what the reference was about. JMO.
__________________
email me


Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


Bob Harrod SAR


“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Chili Fries Chili Fries is offline
Man Sleuth
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rural Alabama
Posts: 2,489
Was she mouthing wow or what she wanted/expected her mom to say? Like leading her mom.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Etilema's Avatar
Etilema Etilema is offline
Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,008
On top of which--Cindy's OWN LAWYER said that the reason her memory is better now is because she had a medication change. Like, did he get that idea from LDB?

Anyway, I think they should put Cindy back on whatever medication helped her seem sucha sympathetic and genuine person her first time on the witness stand.

JMO, of course--I'm not a chemist.
Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Lovejac's Avatar
Lovejac Lovejac is online now
These boys are my heartstrings!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: State of Disbelief. SC
Posts: 7,607
OMG! I never even saw that.

I DID see the eye brow raise to her lawyers. I wish I could see that again.
__________________
Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Melanie's Avatar
Melanie Melanie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
On top of which--Cindy's OWN LAWYER said that the reason her memory is better now is because she had a medication change. Like, did he get that idea from LDB?

Anyway, I think they should put Cindy back on whatever medication helped her seem sucha sympathetic and genuine person her first time on the witness stand.

JMO, of course--I'm not a chemist.

RBBM - now that was funny!

Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 PM
hannahsnana hannahsnana is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 426
Thanks for posting that, Melanie. I've been looking for the raw video of end of trial today where Casey was reportedly getting demonstrative. I've found the clips of attys and judge, just not the casey cam. Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hannahsnana For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 PM
twall's Avatar
twall twall is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,989
Thanks Mel, I missed it! I don't watch the TH's on this case and very little news coverage. I agree with Ashleigh Banfield, it wasn't any worse than JB asking the FBI employee what other kinds of meaningless work she does for the FBI.
Notice how CA was hiding a laugh when LDB asked her?
Also, does CA smack her lips together when she is lying?

o/t
CNN's Robin Meade has a new country music album out, I never knew she was a singer until I saw her on CMT or GAC this past weekend.
__________________
"IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:19 PM
nephers nephers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
OMG! I never even saw that.

I DID see the eye brow raise to her lawyers. I wish I could see that again.
That eyebrow raise was a "wow" moment for me. I was keeping a close eye on ICA during CA testimony. IMO, they both had a bit of a supressed smirk they whole time. When ICA gave the eyebrow raise with a little grin, it seemed to me ICA was saying "see, I told you she would lie for me". That moment was huge to me!
Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nephers For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Melanie's Avatar
Melanie Melanie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by twall View Post
Thanks Mel, I missed it! I don't watch the TH's on this case and very little news coverage. I agree with Ashleigh Banfield, it wasn't any worse than JB asking the FBI employee what other kinds of meaningless work she does for the FBI.
Notice how CA was hiding a laugh when LDB asked her?
Also, does CA smack her lips together when she is lying?

o/t
CNN's Robin Meade has a new country music album out, I never knew she was a singer until I saw her on CMT or GAC this past weekend.
Many differing opinions on Dr. Lillian Glass (I happen to like her). She indicates:

She purses her lips after she says that she looked up” inhalation.” That is usually a signal of deception. Casey looks surprised that her mother was trying to save her behind.

Take it for what it's worth and with an open mind. I don't recall seeing her do that in the Zenaida depo, but I'd have to go back and look.

Good on Robin for doing a music album - I had no idea

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/

Hugs,

Mel
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Melanie's Avatar
Melanie Melanie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsnana View Post
Thanks for posting that, Melanie. I've been looking for the raw video of end of trial today where Casey was reportedly getting demonstrative. I've found the clips of attys and judge, just not the casey cam. Can anyone help?
This is the end of the day clip, but I can't see anything. Maybe someone got a screen shot --

http://www.wftv.com/video/28338524/index.html

just fast forward to the end -- it's always fun to watch JP giggle

Mel
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 06-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Dragonlady's Avatar
Dragonlady Dragonlady is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 438

I was looking forward to seeing this moment, I just hope the jurors saw it too.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dragonlady For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 PM
txsvicki's Avatar
txsvicki txsvicki is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 14,091
I thought Casey's reactions were being shown in real time. It looked like she was leaning over and whispering to her attorney like a gossipy schoolgirl as Cindy walked to the stand then the "wow" moment came when Cindy testified about looking up chloraform and the other things. Whenever it was, Casey really looked pleased and a little suprised.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 06-23-2011, 10:34 PM
mimmy03's Avatar
mimmy03 mimmy03 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by You'reKidding,Right? View Post
Thanks for posting that video. My impression was that Casey was reacting to the fact the prosecuter mentioned Cindy being on medication.
yes, that's what she was responding too. raised her eyebrows and said 'wow' (as in low blow wow) in regards to the PA's comment about medication.
__________________
Not-Guilty doesn't mean Innocent.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mimmy03 For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 06-23-2011, 10:41 PM
mimmy03's Avatar
mimmy03 mimmy03 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 312
whoops, double post. sorry
__________________
Not-Guilty doesn't mean Innocent.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mimmy03 For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 06-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Just Jayla's Avatar
Just Jayla Just Jayla is offline
I love my APBT
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Culpeper, Virginia
Posts: 3,195
I stopped paying attention to KC cause she is a snore fest half the time and the other half she makes me want to do violence to my computer screen. Thx for capturing this so I don't have to look at her for extended periods of time on my own.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 06-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Jstc4caylee's Avatar
Jstc4caylee Jstc4caylee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 361
Did anyone else notice, or think that Casey seemed very different today. Much more "coherent" like. Almost like a fog was lifted. I have seen her sit there stoic and zombie like, and very angry, and sometimes emotional.. But today .she seemed very "there"
I am not sure , now that I have seen the video, that she was responding to Cindy, but rather to the medications comments. But even in her head shaking and "wow" ..she just seem more part of things..
Of course it could be that she just felt her gluteous maximus slip out of the proverbial sling ?
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jstc4caylee For This Useful Post:
  #25  
Old 06-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Melanie's Avatar
Melanie Melanie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstc4caylee View Post
Did anyone else notice, or think that Casey seemed very different today. Much more "coherent" like. Almost like a fog was lifted. I have seen her sit there stoic and zombie like, and very angry, and sometimes emotional.. But today .she seemed very "there"
I am not sure , now that I have seen the video, that she was responding to Cindy, but rather to the medications comments. But even in her head shaking and "wow" ..she just seem more part of things..
Of course it could be that she just felt her gluteous maximus slip out of the proverbial sling ?
Maybe she got the news last night that momma was gonna fall on the sword for her. She did seem quite chipper and attentive! I was on the wesh chat this afternoon and someone said they could imagine her clapping her hands under the table (and saying goody, goody, goody like a 2 year old) as her mommy was testifying. I couldn't have agreed more!

MOO

Mel
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Casey Anthony Legal Defense Strategies #2 NJ Lawyer Caylee Anthony 2 years old 770 05-21-2010 10:26 AM
Casey Anthony’s Defense Misses Deadline-Blames prosecution Tulessa Caylee Anthony 2 years old 61 02-12-2010 08:40 PM
2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included) #2 BeanE Caylee Anthony 2 years old 60 06-12-2009 05:08 PM
2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included) BeanE Caylee Anthony 2 years old 858 05-02-2009 02:53 PM
Casey Anthony could be going back to jail At ANY moment Blue_Dolphin308 Caylee Anthony 2 years old 138 09-11-2008 11:26 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!