Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 PM

Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

I've always believed in our justice system. This was one of the reasons that I am so proud to be an American.

Not anymore. I'm just sick over this. This was the most unjust verdict that I've ever heard.

I've always wanted to serve in a trial and I happen to have just been assigned jury duty on 8/8/11. I am going to send my notification back and will write in that I do not wish to serve on it because I do not believe in the system. Of course, I will show up when I am supposed to but I will maintain my belief that I do not have faith in the system. I am pretty sure they'll excuse me.

I really am sick about this.
The Following 115 Users Say Thank You to princesspjs For This Useful Post:
76GaRN, 8paws, adb263, AdoraBlue, AfterSunset, AVMAURA, Blondie in Spokane, blue_the_puppy, Bobbarita, Bobbisangel, Bon, BostonSu, Boytwnmom, Brattigirle, Caligram, caroline, catnron, charok, chasing.halos, chelle70, Curious Me, debmarci, deelytful1, Dicey, dog.gone.cute, Doodlelover, drip~drop, DViola, ElizaAvalon, evelyn24, Farfalla40, Feistyoldbroad, freshmom, gardenia, gelfie68, Glassgirl, GoneWithTheWind, grammieto5, greenteatime, Haddie McFaddies Mom, harleysnana, headndownstream, Hopeful One, HOTNTX, jandkmom, Jenny60123, JLMcKenna83, Jomo, Jstc4caylee, kai, Kan499, KathrynL, KikiWanBaniki, kinsey milhoune, KPinMN, KR2tonenow, LaLaw2000, LiveLaughLuv, LLC, LuvMyLab, magnolia, mahmoo, Mamabear1963, marynice, miabellamoure, mitzi, MMRC, ndrew, Nefriahaia, Nessa, newsjunkie, nicolem, nina1441, nixnalysmom, PaperDoll, perkiomen, pferrin, pipkins, Poodleluver, RammerJammer, Rdhdwldflwr, realdeal, Rebound, Reddot, Rhyme & Reason, rookie, SailorMoon, SATA, Schu7, Sha, smart blonde, smittles, SmoothOperator, SondraK, Sophiered, surini59, suzihawk, suzyq211, SyraKelly, TexasGiGi, theBritster, Thinaire, Thinker Belle, tragco, TwiceIrish, txanmom, Unsolved, uvamerica, Velouria, Whimsigal, whisperOFwings, WholeLottaRosie, Winnts, WolfmarsGirl, wundermommy76
Old 07-05-2011, 02:36 PM

I'm absolutely speechless. No justice for this poor little girl... Its hard to look at her picture now.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Dancing on a moonbeam!

This is proof our system doesn't work. How awful. How sad. And now will begin the triumph of that evil evil defense team. I will watch nothing these people are on. I bet Baez has a profitable interview with Geraldo lined up for Casey to set her up in her new life as a media star. This is so so very wrong.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Old 07-05-2011, 02:40 PM

I completely agree. My heart actually hurts. I have two daughters whom I would lay down my life to protect, and that's the kind of mother Caylee deserved.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:42 PM

I am in shock! Karma will come quickly - who wants a child-killer as a friend, a spouse... a daughter. Life will be hard.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:43 PM
<insert catchy saying here>

I am devastated. I pray that not one person will pay one cent to profit this baby killer. I am so sorry Caylee. You deserved so much better.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:46 PM

Jury got it wrong.

Caylee cannot rest.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:47 PM
She yells from the corners, but few seem to hear her!

I want to know why????? Something is very wrong here.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:47 PM

I'm sad and angry. Were these jurors following a different trial, listening to different evidence than we were??

My heart is breaking all over for Caylee.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:49 PM

I'm from Pinellas County and I'm sickened, just speechless. HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW?????
Old 07-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Please let today be the day they find HaLeigh

I am beyond words. Our justice system is very broken. I'm completely heartbroken right now for a little girl named Caylee.

IMO, a cold blooded murderer will be walking free in a couple of days. I think her sentence will be time served and she'll walk free. Unbelievable.

I will never forget you Caylee. You will be in my thoughts everyday when I look at my own kids.

"Stop acting like a two-year old".
Jose Baez to Casey Anthony during jury selection
Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 PM

My heart is broken. I have lost all faith in people. No, Caylee will not rest. This murderer will be out with time served, and will now on the nearest pole living the life she wanted without Caylee. OMG I'm sick to my stomach. WTF was wrong with this jury? Duct tape, in a swamp, partying, someone please tell me how this happened
Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Army Veteran

I am BEYOND MORTIFIED.....cannot listen to defense gloat.....CM I wanted to strangle...JB I muted him during trial...for sure cannot stomach him now.....

This will be my last trial I watch....it has been a heartwrentching 3 yrs...I cannot go thru this again

God,where were you today...poor Caylee deserved SOOOO much better.....my heart is shattered into a million pieces
Old 07-05-2011, 02:53 PM

Another OJ moment... can't help feeling that sequestration of Juries leads to them punishing the system.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 PM

I just don't understand how she was not found guilty at all of anything other than lying to police. I mean doesn't one connect to the other?

I can't understand how this jury thought she was completely innocent of everything. I can't believe how much my heart hurts right now.

By this weekend Casey will walk free. She has been in jailf or three years and the judge will take that into account.

So the body in car not a big deal?
Poor Caylee thrown int he woods?
Casey not caring about her child or reporting her missing?

Did they believe the drowning? they must have, but Kronk and George being involved?

That is just crazy.

I am so sorry for Caylee she was really just meaningless in all this, even in death and murder she meant nothing.

To me at least she was beautiful and deserved justice and someone to watch over her.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

Thank you for starting this thread. I thought the SA did a very good job of presenting their case. I am not sure why the jury came to this conclusion. I just can't understand this verdict. I am still in shock and cannot completely process what has just happened...that the jury found the Casey not guilty. This wasn't about Casey, it was about Caylee and this jury has done a grave injustice to Caylee.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:56 PM

Why?????? I don't get it!!
Our system is broke!! I'm so sorry Caylee <3
Old 07-05-2011, 02:57 PM

THIS is why jury systems should forever be abolished. Peers should never judge. Only Judges should, after years of study and exemplary behavior.

I am just sick. just sick.
And so angry I need to quit posting or it would get very ugly.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Seeking Justice for the little ones without a voice!

My heart is just broken. Poor Caylee Marie Anthony deserved so much more!
Old 07-05-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspjs View Post
I've always believed in our justice system. This was one of the reasons that I am so proud to be an American.

Not anymore. I'm just sick over this. This was the most unjust verdict that I've ever heard.

I've always wanted to serve in a trial and I happen to have just been assigned jury duty on 8/8/11. I am going to send my notification back and will write in that I do not wish to serve on it because I do not believe in the system. Of course, I will show up when I am supposed to but I will maintain my belief that I do not have faith in the system. I am pretty sure they'll excuse me.

I really am sick about this.
I don't know what happened here. I've read that sequestration does strange things to juries, but maybe that's just a coincidence.

But don't give up on the system. I've been on two juries (one acquittal, one conviction) and both functioned quite well.

It's hard for us to imagine what the jury heard without all the extra noise we were getting and the discussions we were having when the jurors were forced to remain silent.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Can the judge rule for a mistrial now? This is not right, I am sick over this......
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mrye4709 For This Useful Post:
Inactive

Wow, just WOW.

I feel the same today as I did when the OJ verdit was read....

I do know one thing - that is one Thanksgiving dinner table I would NOT want to be at this year.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to laniefi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 02:59 PM
My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.

I'm so sad and outraged for Caylee.
I don't understand. Caylee didn't do this to herself, her mother did.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:59 PM

I am shocked and appalled. It's like the OJ verdict all over again. I thought for sure she'd get manslaughter at the very least. But...nothing??

Now what will happen? Book deal? Media tour? Will George and Cindy take her back into their home?
Old 07-05-2011, 03:01 PM

OJ all over again! I am shaking and crying. So many will get rich off of Caylee's death. The devil wins!
Closed Thread