Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. crispian View Post
Wow! That surprises me. I assumed there was a Grandparent's law in re to that.
I wish there was too. I hope GA's attorney comes up with something to sue her for.

Dr. Werner Spitz
The Following User Says Thank You to allycat1208 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 08:45 PM
I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAgal View Post
I wonder how long the Orlando and County Police Departments will continue spending money to "protect" the Anthony family now that the trial is over. I heard on the news that police cars were parked in front of the Anthony home due to "death threath" against the Anthonys.
If the Anthonys continue to encourgage media attention - are the police required to provide this expensive "protection?"
I hope that IF the Anthonys make any more money off of publicity from this case, that the OCSO can somehow find a way to recoup funds spent protecting them. BHopeful yet kinda doubtful that would ever happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leandjl View Post
Since TES is a not for profit and if it could be proven that Cindy Caylee was deceased when she called and asked for them to search for a live Caylee, couldn't that be considered fraud?
What are you suggesting? That Cindy Anthony knew Caylee was deceased when she called TES?

Dr. Werner Spitz
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allycat1208 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 09:14 PM

My husband wants to sue her for loss of consortium!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PhillygirlToo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 09:26 PM

LDB filed petition with the court to recover $$$ for LE
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28467503/detail.html

ETA: "Special costs of investigation and prosecution"

Last edited by egnarts; 07-06-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added info
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to egnarts For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 09:31 PM

Linda! Doing everything she can to make sure that Casey is not going to profit from the blood money. Bless you, LDB.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:46 PM

It was just said on Hannity that KC can easily make 750k just from a few interviews.
Bloody amazing!

Dr. Werner Spitz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allycat1208 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Dancing on a moonbeam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
She will make millions in book sales and interviews.

Maybe not. Not if good and decent folks who are outraged at this write and call media and publishers and let them know we will not buy any such books and will not only not watch their interviews but will boycott them entirely for giving money to this woman, her family, her lawyers and the jurors.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WholeLottaRosie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by allycat1208 View Post
I read the answer to this one in the lawyer thread. The only relation that could sue for wrongful death would be Caylee's father but since he never knew her, he would most likely get nothing.
IANAL and AZLawyer selflessly answers questions time and time again(thanks, AZ!), but in this area, I hope AZ is wrong.

Seems to me with Casey being Casey and manipulating people/events to her liking, Caylee's father may very well never have known he had a beautiful baby girl. Maybe he has seen the coverage but not come forward because he thought there was nothing to be gained other than unwanted publicity, and he thought her killer was going to be put away for a very long time, at a minimum.

Here's what I'm praying - that he, like so many people across the US and in other countries , is sickened and angered by this verdict. That he/anyone that thinks they may be Caylee's daddy come forward for a DNA test. Caylee's profile is already on file. That once he's shown to be the daddy, he sues Casey for wrongful death, parental alienation, and/or anything else that could possibly apply. I think she likely prevented him and Caylee from knowing each other. I can easily see it being a one night stand and him having to make it clear to Casey, that's all it was. She is bitter and when she finds out she's pregnant, she says screw him, and doesn't let him know. IMO perfectly possible given how she acts.

A la OJ, I hope Caylee's dad can make sure Casey never sees a dime of any profit from Caylee's death. I don't even care if it's just because he wants to cash in. I was thinking yesterday about how all of us felt so sickened and helpless about this travesty of justice. I was thinking, but what can we DO to make a difference. I wonder if we can put a bug in the media's ear to publicize a search for Caylee's dad. Or create a fund to help anyone who might be her dad to get a DNA test??? IDK. I just think he might be able to bring justice where the jury failed. (And yes, I believe they failed to use logic and reason, or to deliberate slowly through all that had been presented.)

ETA: I LDB/the state attorneys, TES, Zenaida, and anyone else that remembers this is about justice for a sweet, helpless little girl. I believe Caylee's dancing, singing, and feeling joy and love in heaven, but she should have had more time to bless this world first.

Last edited by Seek&Find; 07-06-2011 at 10:09 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uklaw View Post
It boils down to this: The Justice system of Florida, America and indeed every civilized western democracy works on the basis that after an acquittal a person is presumed for the purposes of the criminal system to be innocent of the crime which they are acquitted of. (in some places a final acquittal).

KC has been acquitted of homicide and child abuse. Therefore, she should not be expected to pay the costs of prosecuting her for a crime which it is considered that she did not commit.
She was found guilty of providing false information to LE. They have the right to recoup the costs of the investigation into Caylee's disappearance since she has admitted in court that Caylee died on June 16th.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
They may be able to file fraud against the Anthony family. Not sure.
You know who else I feel really bad for? The countless volunteers that searched night and day for baby Caylee. I can only imagine the frustration and sorrow they must feel.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nova24 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
SNAP! Go Linda!
The sign of a winner. Getting right back up, moving forward and fighting the good fight!

With all the hating and the financial armageddon heading towards Casey and company she is going to find the world a hard place to live in and she could indeed end up behind bars somehow, someway, someday. She certainly won't be able to associate with any people or men of quality. Can you see a guy telling his mom I am dating Casey Anthony? Would you let her in your house or ever believe a word she said?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elder Price For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WholeLottaRosie View Post
Maybe not. Not if good and decent folks who are outraged at this write and call media and publishers and let them know we will not buy any such books and will not only not watch their interviews but will boycott them entirely for giving money to this woman, her family, her lawyers and the jurors.
Yes! Ask OJ Simpson how many books he sold. They printed 400,000 and recalled all of them in response to public outrage...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
She was found guilty of providing false information to LE. They have the right to recoup the costs of the investigation into Caylee's disappearance since she has admitted in court that Caylee died on June 16th.
The costs of investgating the murder case have nothing to do with her lying to LEO charges.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Inactive

If she had not lied to LE and admitted what happened to Caylee, then there would have been no need to waste resources looking into the child's disappearance. It's as simple as that.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Americka For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
The costs of investgating the murder case have nothing to do with her lying to LEO charges.
Of course it does! In the interviews with LE from Day 1, she was telling them they needed to look here, look there, go here, go there, and she even complained in the jailhouse tapes that she told them they needed to search out of state, and was angry they weren't. She sent them on a wild goose chase on purpose. In fact, she told them she had Zenaida's info in her computer, thus necessitating computer forensic testing, too. And, she said she'd received a call from Caylee while she was missing, so they had to get her cell records.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:23 PM

did i hear on NG that casey is now going to sue for keeping her in jail longer than her check fraud sentence now that she has been found NG on the murder trial?
The Following User Says Thank You to erinleigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:27 PM
"Juan more time"

I can't see how that would fly.
Aren't most prisoners kept in jail until their trial if there is no bail set? or if they can't afford the bail?
She wouldn't have been in there that long if the DT hadn't stalled and stalled and stalled on every little issue.
jmo

Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[i]Please help BestFriends help us.

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tiki For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:29 PM

let everone sue her. tie her and baez up in legal poo fo years to come over this case. can jesse sue for the accusations? dfamation of character?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to erinleigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Runs With Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie2 View Post
Why does she owe the IRS?
Because she never paid taxes on the $200k or so she got from selling pics, etc of Caylee. She probably thought "ah, to he** with them, what are they going to do to me, I'll probably spend the rest of my life in jail".

Well, now shes gonna be OUT and the IRS, I hope, will pursue her relentlessly.

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AbbieNormal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Curses! Foiled Again!

Quote:
It boils down to this: The Justice system of Florida, America and indeed every civilized western democracy works on the basis that after an acquittal a person is presumed for the purposes of the criminal system to be innocent of the crime which they are acquitted of. (in some places a final acquittal).

KC has been acquitted of homicide and child abuse. Therefore, she should not be expected to pay the costs of prosecuting her for a crime which it is considered that she did not commit.
Just because she was found not guilty does not mean she is innocent.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to technicalconfusion For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technicalconfusion View Post
Just because she was found not guilty does not mean she is innocent.
I'll say this one more time. The criminal justice system presumes that she is innocent if she was acquitted.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Curses! Foiled Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinleigh View Post
did i hear on NG that casey is now going to sue for keeping her in jail longer than her check fraud sentence now that she has been found NG on the murder trial?
Ooooh tryin to piss off the Judge?
The Following User Says Thank You to technicalconfusion For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'll say this one more time. The criminal justice system presumes that she is innocent if she was acquitted.
And lawsuits are part of the civil justice system, a la OJ.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 10:56 PM

I see lot's of IRS talk...

On JVM today it was said that Baez has been holding ICA's money in a client/trust account for which he was responsible for paying taxes to IRS out of said funds but did not do. They did not mention how much was there, but I'm curious to know how she qualified as indigent if she had assets which her attorney was holding in a client/trust fund <insert personal comment> from advice of Todd Macaluso probably.

Any accountants in the house to explain how that works?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread