Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:03 PM
WS Admin Mgr/Co-Owner

Exclamation Enter new thread ideas here! (All new threads must be approved)

Please DO NOT start a new thread without moderator permission!

Please enter your new thread ideas here.

We will do our best to accommodate the requests for new threads that are topic worthy.

Thank you so much for your cooperation.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SoSueMe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:08 PM

I would love to hear HHJP's thoughts on the trial and verdict. I don't know if he's spoken publicly about it yet, or even if he will, but I'd like to see a thread if he makes any statements. He may be able to clear up a lot of the misunderstanding about the evidence the charges demanded.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to animlzrule For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:08 PM
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience

I had been thinking of a thread regarding the fact that CA&GA have been making money off the case by selling rights to this and that.
Now that ICA will be out of jail, I believe it may start trouble between the Ants and ICA, now that people will be taking their interview, movie and book deals straight to ICA.
I would like to have a thread discussing this.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:11 PM
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Predictions about how HHJP will rule on the GUILTY verdicts tomorrow. Time served? Additional jail time on the counts of lying to LE?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:12 PM

One for Nancy Grace Exclusives with no discussion where it tells the posters who is going to be on the show? She has been getting some good people for example:

NancyGraceHLN
Looking forward to hear what original #CaseyAnthony Judge has to say tonight - Judge Stan Strickland exclusive on our show tonight!

Or maybe just ones for Exclusives in General with no discussion. This way the posters will be able to look and know what shows they want to watch beforehand.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Former Member

We have received multiple requests for threads on the sentencing for tomorrow. We have held off opening that thread until tomorrow morning. Speculation discussion is however ongoing on the sidebar thread and the thread that talks about Casey walking free on Thursday. Feel free to continue there until tomorrow morning when we will have a fresh Sentencing thread for you all!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to grandmaj For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:29 PM
WS Admin Mgr/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
Predictions about how HHJP will rule on the GUILTY verdicts tomorrow. Time served? Additional jail time on the counts of lying to LE?
Good idea BDE. I just bumped the thread "Will ICA Walk Free" and it should be on the front page.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoSueMe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:31 PM
WS Admin Mgr/Co-Owner

WillenFan, thanks for reminding me. I'll open the HLN thread now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoSueMe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:33 PM

Oh and another suggestion that I have in regards for the exclusive is to have ONE thread for the list of exclusives ONLY (not discussion) and then ONE for discussion only. For example we already have that jury thread for all interviews where people are discussing. I think it might be easier to find ALL the interviews if they are in one thread without the discussion. So for Juror 6 (might be speaking out), Juror 3, and Alt 14 have spoken out so they would go into a thread titled "Media Exclusive Interview with Jury, case players, etc LIST ONLY" type of thread that way people can include media links to find the interviews. Just like we have our news thread for info on all news specifically regarding the case. I think you could do it for all media interviews though to make it easier.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSueMe View Post
Please DO NOT start a new thread without moderator permission!

Please enter your new thread ideas here.

We will do our best to accommodate the requests for new threads that are topic worthy.

Thank you so much for your cooperation.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

I could not keep up with all the new threads, and most were about the same thing.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

Alan and Lisa Tackett. Murdered, March 2008. Sweet Justice, 2012
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:38 PM
WS Admin Mgr/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by animlzrule View Post
I would love to hear HHJP's thoughts on the trial and verdict. I don't know if he's spoken publicly about it yet, or even if he will, but I'd like to see a thread if he makes any statements. He may be able to clear up a lot of the misunderstanding about the evidence the charges demanded.
I haven't heard a peep from him and I doubt we will until after the sentencing. I know, I know, I want to hear his thoughts too.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:39 PM

Yes - Mistakes or what looked like mistakes on all sides

Here's something we thought was a defense mistake - when CM asked about Casey being handcuffed. We though it was mistake because it would bring in the check charges, but guess what, the Judge's ruling was narrow and allowed in a snippet of information related to her handcuffing to go on record.

But, it allowed the Defense say, with some justification, that she was terrified, in the back of the police car, and she started telling lies.

We all thought CM made mistake, but the wily attorney brought it in the closing agruments.

I know Jose Baez is get the spotlight, but the strategy was Mason's.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:40 PM
WS Admin Mgr/Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
Oh and another suggestion that I have in regards for the exclusive is to have ONE thread for the list of exclusives ONLY (not discussion) and then ONE for discussion only. For example we already have that jury thread for all interviews where people are discussing. I think it might be easier to find ALL the interviews if they are in one thread without the discussion. So for Juror 6 (might be speaking out), Juror 3, and Alt 14 have spoken out so they would go into a thread titled "Media Exclusive Interview with Jury, case players, etc LIST ONLY" type of thread that way people can include media links to find the interviews. Just like we have our news thread for info on all news specifically regarding the case. I think you could do it for all media interviews though to make it easier.
Right now we're probably going to put them in the Media thread at the top of the page. Once more of the jurors come out, we might do this. Good idea.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Prosecution Mistake

All the rebuttal focusing on impeaching Cindy. They should have let it rest -- it may only highlighted that the mother was willing to lie for her child; thus, she was not 100% convinced KC was responsible for CA's granddaugher's death.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:43 PM

Defense mistake - Lee's testimony

We all saw it as he couldn't pull the trigger on the molestation charges; but he demeanor made it seemed like he didn't want to talk about something terrible. So the innuedo/insinuation was there.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSueMe View Post
Right now we're probably going to put them in the Media thread at the top of the page. Once more of the jurors come out, we might do this. Good idea.
Sounds good!! I totally forgot you already had a media link one up there. I can't keep up this board is going to fast. God love you all that are modding it and trying to keep up with it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:45 PM

i was thinking of making a thread - thoughts on what the pleseas, and KC's extended family in general, think of this outcome. are they happy? sad? both? will they welcome her to family events? will they exclude her? are they even on speaking terms with CA & GA as of now?

casey anthony on 7/16/08.

pretty much everything i post is my opinion only
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladylurker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:45 PM

Prosecution Mistake - not charging the Anthony for obstruction of justice

I am talking about cleaning the car; changing their stories, etc. I understand they wanted the As on their side -- but, really, come on, these people are capable of anything. Bring in obstruction, would have clarified to the jury the clean car, lack of evidence, doing anything for their daughter.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 PM

Is there any way we can keep the juror threads separate by name? It would be easier to discus their individual takes that way. TY.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nova24 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Mods can you start a poll asking who will be watching the sentencing tomorrow?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nikki 01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 06:21 PM

was JB "faking" borderline incompetence

Is it possible JB was acting like he didn't know the rules of evidence, what hearsay is etc......so that JP would bend over backwards allowing JB to do things he would never have allowed a lawyer such as LDB or JA to do?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fifteen89 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova24 View Post
Is there any way we can keep the juror threads separate by name? It would be easier to discus their individual takes that way. TY.
I just want to second this. Since they are expressing different views, it seems like it'd be a good idea.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wholehearted For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 06:50 PM
WS Admin Mgr/Co-Owner

*Bump*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoSueMe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 PM

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on 'double jeopardy' which has been abolished in the UK - It just boggles me that with the advancement of forensics that Florida hasnt followed suit. I am praying that this will be the case. What thinks everyone and what evidence presented in the trial (eg post mortem banding) (air samples per Dr Vass) do you think could be used 10 years down the line against Casey if Double Jeopardy was abolished?

I've copied the below from Wiki which is interesting reading and brought many killers accountable

Following the murder of Stephen Lawrence, the Macpherson Report suggested that double jeopardy should be abrogated where "fresh and viable" new evidence came to light, and the Law Commission recommended in 2001 that it should be possible to subject an acquitted murder suspect to a second trial. The Parliament of the United Kingdom implemented these recommendations by passing the Criminal Justice Act 2003,[18] introduced by then Home Secretary David Blunkett. The double jeopardy provisions of the Act came into force in April 2005,[19] but are applicable to crimes committed before then.
Under the 2003 Act, retrials are now allowed if there is "new" and "compelling" evidence for certain serious crimes, including murder, manslaughter, kidnapping, rape, armed robbery, and serious drug crimes. All such retrials must be approved by the Director of Public Prosecutions, and the Court of Appeal must agree to quash the original acquittal.[20]
On 11 September 2006, William Dunlop became the first person to be convicted of murder after previously being acquitted. Twice he was tried for the murder of Julie Hogg in Billingham in 1989, but two juries failed to reach a verdict and he was formally acquitted in 1991. Some years later, he confessed to the crime, and was convicted of perjury. The case was re-investigated in early 2005, when the new law came into effect, and his case was referred to the Court of Appeal in November 2005 for permission for a new trial, which was granted.[21][22][23] Dunlop pleaded guilty to murdering Julie Hogg and raping her dead body repeatedly, and was sentenced to life imprisonment, with a recommendation he serve no less than 17 years.[24]
On 13 December 2010, Mark Weston became the first person to be convicted of murder after previously being found not guilty of the same offence, that of the murder of Vikki Thompson at Ascott-under-Wychwood on 12 August 1995. Weston's first trial was in 1996, when the jury found him not guilty. Following the discovery of compelling new evidence in 2009 – Thompson's blood on Weston's boots – Weston was arrested in 2009 and tried for a second time in December 2010, when he was found guilty of Thompson's murder, and sentenced to life imprisonment to serve a minimum of 13 years.[25]
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pipkins For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 07:10 PM

"Celebrity Reactions To The Verdict" titled thread...

Tons of celebs speaking out about this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread