IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

Could someone that lives in Bloomington tell us if the sewer system has been searched? And also basements of friends of friends? A little lime and a body could lay there for awhile before it's discovered, just sayin.

True. I sometimes consider that if the story about watching her walk to the corner is a lie, perhaps it was one created to satisfy HT. Either anticipating or answering the question, "why'd you let her go?" And then after some time when it seems that the story had no critics, it became his official "story."

I have always thought that if LS did leave, there was a good chance that JR made up the bit of watching her to appease all the criticism he envisioned for not walking her, or letting her leave at all. I don't see it as a way to make himself appear less guilty in the case he knew she didn't leave at all. So, it's always been hard for me to think that he would bother saying that if LS hadn't actually left.
But if I try and think what would I do (if I was hellbent on being a self-centered horrible person) with LS, had she died and I felt I had to "get rid of her" - the only thought I had is to take her, place her on the route that she would take home and tell everyone that she left on her own feet. Especially if everyone KNEW I was the last to see her. Hiding the body deeply disturbs me and makes me feel there is either more to this story than an accidental death, or that the entire story that she died and was moved by JR is not at all right.

I see something on HT's tongue. If it's not a pill it could be a pearl stud piercing, however, my money is on the former. :crazy: Apparently, in DR's FB photo he's holding a bar of Xanax between his toothy smile. This was a comment by one of his FB friends.

I have always thought that if LS did leave, there was a good chance that JR made up the bit of watching her to appease all the criticism he envisioned for not walking her, or letting her leave at all. I don't see it as a way to make himself appear less guilty in the case he knew she didn't leave at all. So, it's always been hard for me to think that he would bother saying that if LS hadn't actually left.
But if I try and think what would I do (if I was hellbent on being a self-centered horrible person) with LS, had she died and I felt I had to "get rid of her" - the only thought I had is to take her, place her on the route that she would take home and tell everyone that she left on her own feet. Especially if everyone KNEW I was the last to see her. Hiding the body deeply disturbs me and makes me feel there is either more to this story than an accidental death, or that the entire story that she died and was moved by JR is not at all right.

Your thought process has come after having more than a month to consider possible options and behavior. Like kids often do, criminals tend to hide things they dont want discovered.

Your thought process has come after having more than a month to consider possible options and behavior. Like kids often do, criminals tend to hide things they dont want discovered.

So true all. So, are one or several in the group of friends, who knew friends in anyway criminals or potential ones? The most I've heard thus far are drunk in public and possible drunk driving. Or did I miss something? Just asking because if one of them or several don't have any criminal background then the possibiliby of a stranger abduction still has potential.

I don't know if JR really was a criminal, especially in his mind. It seems, the hiding of the body is the real crime in this scenario.

So true all. So, are one or several in the group of friends, who knew friends in anyway criminals or potential ones? The most I've heard thus far are drunk in public and possible drunk driving. Or did I miss something? Just asking because if one of them or several don't have any criminal background then the possibiliby of a stranger abduction still has potential.

No one that has been identified has more than misdemeanor alcohol charges that I am aware of, and I've looked them all up in Indiana. They may have other charges in their home states, but other than that, nothing.

Could someone that lives in Bloomington tell us if the sewer system has been searched? And also basements of friends of friends? A little lime and a body could lay there for awhile before it's discovered, just sayin.

I live in Bloomington but do not know if the sewer system was searched. Also, I believe police would need a search warrant to search the basements of friends, so I doubt they have done that.

I am starting to wonder if she might be inside a building somewhere, too. It would make her much more difficult to find by LE since they can't just go into any building they please and search. Someone suggested to me that LE should search the fraternity/sorority houses since those are mostly unoccupied during the summer. I personally don't think anyone would hide a body in a fraternity or sorority house, though, because it would almost certainly be discovered when all of the students come back to campus in the fall and move back into the houses. It seems to me that whoever hid her body (assuming that's what happened) does not want it to ever be found, and hiding it someplace like a fraternity all but guarantees it will be found eventually.

The other thought I have is that they could have put it in a dumpster - I believe someone else said that Friday is trash pick-up day for the people living downtown (i.e., 5 North Townhomes, Smallwood, etc.)

By if "he knew she didn't leave at all" do you mean that her body was taken away as a result of something that happened in his apt? And his placing her en route would have to be an incredible hiding place wouldn't it?

He didn't hire Voyles in order to fend off hits of criticism. People innocent of a crime don't hire Voyles.

I live in Bloomington but do not know if the sewer system was searched. Also, I believe police would need a search warrant to search the basements of friends, so I doubt they have done that.

I am starting to wonder if she might be inside a building somewhere, too. It would make her much more difficult to find by LE since they can't just go into any building they please and search. Someone suggested to me that LE should search the fraternity/sorority houses since those are mostly unoccupied during the summer. I personally don't think anyone would hide a body in a fraternity or sorority house, though, because it would almost certainly be discovered when all of the students come back to campus in the fall and move back into the houses. It seems to me that whoever hid her body (assuming that's what happened) does not want it to ever be found, and hiding it someplace like a fraternity all but guarantees it will be found eventually.

The other thought I have is that they could have put it in a dumpster - I believe someone else said that Friday is trash pick-up day for the people living downtown (i.e., 5 North Townhomes, Smallwood, etc.)

I felt this way also, but then LE came right out and said that the landfill and dumpsters were searched, so I dropped that. So, now I'm thinking more hidden underground or basement/storm shelters/old bomb shelters, who knows.

I felt this way also, but then LE came right out and said that the landfill and dumpsters were searched, so I dropped that. So, now I'm thinking more hidden underground or basement/storm shelters/old bomb shelters, who knows.

Oh, my. You just reminded me that there are cisterns in people's backyards around here, in the older neighborhoods. I even knew someone who had one in their apartment!

By if "he knew she didn't leave at all" do you mean that her body was taken away as a result of something that happened in his apt? And his placing her en route would have to be an incredible hiding place wouldn't it?

He didn't hire Voyles in order to fend off hits of criticism. People innocent of a crime don't hire Voyles.

Lol, yes, I meant "she didn't leave alive". Clearly by your last sentence, you are convinced of his guilt. I disagree about Voyles. I do believe that some people with means will hire only the most expensive/well-known lawyer for their son regardless of his guilt or innocence.

quick question for anyone that may know.
Before she was reported missing.
Whom went to small-wood to check and see if she was there asleep or what not.
I assume small-wood apartments have no land-line phone to call there.
And she didnt have her cell phone so calling it would have been useless.

Lol, yes, I meant "she didn't leave alive". Clearly by your last sentence, you are convinced of his guilt. I disagree about Voyles. I do believe that some people with means will hire only the most expensive/well-known lawyer for their son regardless of his guilt or innocence.

Well not actually. I think he's guilty of something, like supplying drugs. I also think there's a real possibility that he doesn't recall what happened in which case Voyles would make sense. Or, he might have vague recollections which might include, for example, sex.

There's a movie Jane Fonda maybe...The Morning After in which she wakes up with a dead man in her bed but she was so wasted she can't recall. (It ends up being a plant, I believe, by the bad guys.)

quick question for anyone that may know.
Before she was reported missing.
Whom went to small-wood to check and see if she was there asleep or what not.
I assume small-wood apartments have no land-line phone to call there.
And she didnt have her cell phone so calling it would have been useless.

That would be JW as far as we know. Yes, most have cells and not landline.

I don't know if JR really was a criminal, especially in his mind. It seems, the hiding of the body is the real crime in this scenario.

I must have written in a little bit of an unclear way. My point wasnt to pinpoint JR as a suspect. I am of the mindset that we still need to keep our minds open to other possibilities. My point was that whoever did something to LS was a criminal. Whether they were one prior to the incident is still unclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear