Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond > Jaycee Lee Dugard

Notices

Jaycee Lee Dugard Kidnapped in 1991-found alive 18 years later!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-16-2011, 12:47 AM
shadowraiths's Avatar
shadowraiths shadowraiths is offline
Shadow Catcher
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,918
What about the trailer?

In the book, Jaycee mentions being taken to a trailer. Yet, I'm not finding anything about them searching that second property.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowraiths For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 07-16-2011, 04:47 PM
nina1441 nina1441 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
In the book, Jaycee mentions being taken to a trailer. Yet, I'm not finding anything about them searching that second property.
That story about the trailer was very interesting. But that was in 1994 & Jaycee doesnít know where the trailer was or who owned it.

I didnít get the impression it belonged to the Garridos. Though phillip garrido said he was going to find a way to get the trailer into the backyard. Curious. ????

I just assumed that since 15 years had elapsed from the trailer visit to discovery that the trailer was long gone. But again, curious. Now I'm thinking more about the trailer.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nina1441 For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 07-16-2011, 05:19 PM
shadowraiths's Avatar
shadowraiths shadowraiths is offline
Shadow Catcher
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina1441 View Post
That story about the trailer was very interesting. But that was in 1994 & Jaycee doesnít know where the trailer was or who owned it.

I didnít get the impression it belonged to the Garridos. Though phillip garrido said he was going to find a way to get the trailer into the backyard. Curious. ????

I just assumed that since 15 years had elapsed from the trailer visit to discovery that the trailer was long gone. But again, curious. Now I'm thinking more about the trailer.
There is also the property the trailer was sitting on.

While LE strongly felt he was involved in Michaela Garecht and Ilene Misheloff's disappearance, they found no evidence to tie him to these two missing girls. If however they only searched the mother's property, then again, and imho, they did not do their jobs. That is, we already saw that they did not bother to do a real search those 18 years Jaycee was in captivity.

Moreover, since he clearly had access to the place, and even left Jaycee there for an extended period, it seems there would be some sort of record. Esp, as you reminded, that he told Jaycee he was going to see about moving the trailer to the yard.

And finally, in the book, Jaycee mentions that he threatened to sell her. While I suspect that was a manipulative move to keep her compliant, I cannot help but to wonder if there was any truth to that bit. That is, is it possible that he was in contact with child traffickers in the area? Or at the very least, knew where he could find them? And, perhaps even, that the trailer was a "waypoint" for these people? Which was why he had access?

Whatever the case, imnsho, they should def be trying to find out where it is, so they can do a truly exhaustive search.

Anyway, just some thoughts...
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowraiths For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 07-16-2011, 10:40 PM
twinkiesmom twinkiesmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,666
While reading about the trailer, I assumed it was someone's home that they had broken into and used for the night. I assumed he was lying about moving it onto the property (which would have attracted police attention even if the tents did not).
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinkiesmom For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 07-17-2011, 10:13 PM
shadowraiths's Avatar
shadowraiths shadowraiths is offline
Shadow Catcher
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkiesmom View Post
While reading about the trailer, I assumed it was someone's home that they had broken into and used for the night. I assumed he was lying about moving it onto the property (which would have attracted police attention even if the tents did not).
I agree about the lying. Not sure about the breaking in. Seems like a stretch to me that they would randomly pick a trailer, break in, then leave Jaycee overnight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowraiths For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 07-17-2011, 10:20 PM
twinkiesmom twinkiesmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
I agree about the lying. Not sure about the breaking in. Seems like a stretch to me that they would randomly pick a trailer, break in, then leave Jaycee overnight.
They have a habit of using people...The elderly man bilked out of money.....using his mother's and neighbor's property....It's not a stretch that they would break into the trailer of an acquaintance known to be out of town.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twinkiesmom For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 07-17-2011, 11:03 PM
vlpate's Avatar
vlpate vlpate is offline
Child Advocate and Activist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina1441 View Post
That story about the trailer was very interesting. But that was in 1994 & Jaycee doesnít know where the trailer was or who owned it.

I didnít get the impression it belonged to the Garridos. Though phillip garrido said he was going to find a way to get the trailer into the backyard. Curious. ????

I just assumed that since 15 years had elapsed from the trailer visit to discovery that the trailer was long gone. But again, curious. Now I'm thinking more about the trailer.
Didn't the book say the trailer belonged to someone named "Virginia", and that she had willed the house to Garrido?

I know that was probably a lie, but that's who HE said it belonged to.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 07-18-2011, 08:22 AM
nina1441 nina1441 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
Didn't the book say the trailer belonged to someone named "Virginia", and that she had willed the house to Garrido?

I know that was probably a lie, but that's who HE said it belonged to.
Yes, but in the reflections part of that chapter, the very last lines Jaycee writes:
"The fact is , I do have many questions such as:
Whose trailer were we using that night? .....What really happened to the person that lived there? I might never know the answers to these questions."


I thought that since Jaycee included those lines in her book, she didn't believe the story phillip garrido told her. So neither do I.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nina1441 For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 07-18-2011, 08:46 AM
vlpate's Avatar
vlpate vlpate is offline
Child Advocate and Activist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina1441 View Post
Yes, but in the reflections part of that chapter, the very last lines Jaycee writes:
"The fact is , I do have many questions such as:
Whose trailer were we using that night? .....What really happened to the person that lived there? I might never know the answers to these questions."


I thought that since Jaycee included those lines in her book, she didn't believe the story phillip garrido told her. So neither do I.
That's the downside of the audio book - hard to just flip back and read certain parts, or to rewind when driving . There were a couple of times I missed something because I was cursing someone who cut me off, but couldn't go back the way I could have in a book. I also bought and downloaded the book onto my Kindle and will re-read it again.

Listening to Jaycee read the book is so strange - there are parts of the book I think I would imagine her tone far differently than actually hearing it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2011, 09:16 PM
nina1441 nina1441 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
That's the downside of the audio book - hard to just flip back and read certain parts, or to rewind when driving . There were a couple of times I missed something because I was cursing someone who cut me off, but couldn't go back the way I could have in a book. I also bought and downloaded the book onto my Kindle and will re-read it again.

Listening to Jaycee read the book is so strange - there are parts of the book I think I would imagine her tone far differently than actually hearing it.
Thatís very interesting your impression of the Jayceeís tone in the audio book.
I debated for a long time whether to buy the kindle book or the audio. In the end I bought the kindle version but now my curiosity is up & I want to get my hands on the audio.

At times, the book was hard to read without getting upset so I glossed over a lot. Itís easy to do with the kindle. I missed the section when phillip garrido mentioned ďVirginiaĒ. That was right after a 13-14 yr. old Jaycee got excited about using a flushing toilet. I lost it at that point.

Thanks for the heads up on the audio.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nina1441 For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 07-20-2011, 07:01 PM
time time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
There is also the property the trailer was sitting on.

While LE strongly felt he was involved in Michaela Garecht and Ilene Misheloff's disappearance, they found no evidence to tie him to these two missing girls. If however they only searched the mother's property, then again, and imho, they did not do their jobs. That is, we already saw that they did not bother to do a real search those 18 years Jaycee was in captivity.

Moreover, since he clearly had access to the place, and even left Jaycee there for an extended period, it seems there would be some sort of record. Esp, as you reminded, that he told Jaycee he was going to see about moving the trailer to the yard.

And finally, in the book, Jaycee mentions that he threatened to sell her. While I suspect that was a manipulative move to keep her compliant, I cannot help but to wonder if there was any truth to that bit. That is, is it possible that he was in contact with child traffickers in the area? Or at the very least, knew where he could find them? And, perhaps even, that the trailer was a "waypoint" for these people? Which was why he had access?

Whatever the case, imnsho, they should def be trying to find out where it is, so they can do a truly exhaustive search.

Anyway, just some thoughts...

All curious ... and, they also said he had no connection to Lisa Norrell's death.

Who Killed Lisa Norrell?
journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/lisa/home.htm

I doubt she would have been connected to the trailer anyway as she is dead not missing. But she was murdered within a short distance of his home and near the Molino's.

I hope any sex/human trafficking efforts in the area consider looking to see if there is any connection with Garrido. I have a really difficult time thinking there are not other young women.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to time For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 07-20-2011, 07:45 PM
vlpate's Avatar
vlpate vlpate is offline
Child Advocate and Activist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina1441 View Post
Thatís very interesting your impression of the Jayceeís tone in the audio book.
I debated for a long time whether to buy the kindle book or the audio. In the end I bought the kindle version but now my curiosity is up & I want to get my hands on the audio.

At times, the book was hard to read without getting upset so I glossed over a lot. Itís easy to do with the kindle. I missed the section when phillip garrido mentioned ďVirginiaĒ. That was right after a 13-14 yr. old Jaycee got excited about using a flushing toilet. I lost it at that point.

Thanks for the heads up on the audio.
She's very unemotional while reading. I think it makes one feel easier about the situations - but still knowing how horrific it must have been. She's has a very soothing tone. I don't know.. I'm going to read the last few chapters. She is such a remarkable young woman.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 07-22-2011, 05:54 AM
Tugela Tugela is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
Didn't the book say the trailer belonged to someone named "Virginia", and that she had willed the house to Garrido?

I know that was probably a lie, but that's who HE said it belonged to.
"Virginia" was discussed way back when the case first broke.

The relevant posts were here.

They made reference to this search, which turned up someone named "Virginia Wade" as someone who could be related to Garrido.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:06 PM
vlpate's Avatar
vlpate vlpate is offline
Child Advocate and Activist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
"Virginia" was discussed way back when the case first broke.

The relevant posts were here.

They made reference to this search, which turned up someone named "Virginia Wade" as someone who could be related to Garrido.
Very interesting. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tractor Trailer Crash Shuts Down I-85 LookingUp Up to the Minute 6 07-17-2010 08:06 PM
Former Tenant talks about Haleigh's Trailer darlin gal Haleigh Cummings 58 12-19-2009 01:46 PM
800 dogs, 82 parrots taken from AZ trailer Taximom Up to the Minute 16 03-14-2008 04:02 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!