Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon View Post
Some men are down right fools and a lot of men think FCA is very attractive with nice "assets."
ITA, like this lovely specimen:

Tim Allen, 24, stood there with a large sign reading, "Casey Will You Marry Me." He held a similar sign outside the courthouse when she was sentenced. He says he is serious about wanting to hook up with Anthony. "Hopefully, she will just be able to see my sign," Allen said. "Find me on Facebook. She can find out how to contact me." Allen says he works at an Orlando pizzeria. Asked why he has an interest in Casey, Allen said, "She's beautiful. She has very unique features. She is pretty. She has a nice body. That's what young guys like and I'm a young guy" Such attributes, Allen explained, are the types of things a young man like himself is looking for in a woman. "She deserves a new family, one that's not dysfunctional and I can give her a better family," he said.

Better look him up quick FCA, before someone else snaps him up LOL.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Unsolved For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortPotato79 View Post
Meh. I hope she disappears. And I hope no one spends a dime on whatever she comes out with, interviews, anything.
I agree

I’ll be honest, I tried sympathy and empathy for KC.

I live in Florida and I followed this case pretty closely. Not as closely as some on here, but I read the police documents and watched the trial when I could. I believed that the jury would return a guilty verdict on murder charges, condemning KC to live the rest of her days in prison, or maybe even send her to her death.

Then, not guilty, even of manslaughter. Like a slap in the face.

Confronted with the reality that KC would soon be leaving jail, I examined my feelings. I didn’t want to simply join a “lynch mob” or further the irrational hatred of a person. So I tried to sympathize with her, to see how that felt. I really did. At some point, she too was a little girl like Caylee. She played with her friends and had crushes on boys and dreamed of a life of her own. She definitely made her parents smile when she was little, brought joy to her grandparents, was liked by people, and so on. There are no indications her childhood was, say, Dahmer-esque.

I tried. But sympathy was nowhere to be seen. I thought of all those searchers, wasting their time. I thought of all those people sending money or even just prayers. And KC sitting there, knowing her daughter was dead the whole time. Although those lies are cruel, they are not pure evil, they are not worthy of declaring someone unforgiveable. (That threshold is an individual decision, of course). No, a pile of lies is not murder. A pile of lies is demolished by a single utterance of truth, and the damage of those lies undone if the liar embraces the truth, permanently.

So I wasn’t ready to write her off as truly irredeemable. Forever is a long time, and some power far greater than I decided to give her a life outside of prison. I read her jailhouse letters. I looked for a flicker of something with some tiny little inkling of humanity, of truth, of love. Was the innocent little girl, the girl that KC surely once was, still alive? Could the adult KC reconnect with her?

I looked for a glimmer, a flicker, even a hint of a reason to be feel at peace with this verdict. I wanted to believe that the jury saw something I didn’t, that the system does work, that KC can go on to live a healthy and productive life, that the forces of evil did not win. Maybe I was reading for myself, hoping my view of humanity as generally good, or at least capable of much good, could be validated somehow.

I didn’t see it. The letters were filled with the same lies, the same self-serving BS that has defined KC since who knows when? There were oblique references to Caylee, as if KC wanted to be truthful, wanted to engage on the subject, wanted to open up, wanted to unburden herself of all the lies and all the destruction they have caused. I saw a brief flash of that in her letters. But she couldn’t, wouldn’t, and isn’t ready to, yet. Will she ever be? God only knows. KC is not ready for reintegration to society yet.

That conclusion has obvious implications. It highlights the imperfections of even well-intended human structures; the shortcomings of our species, and the vast gap between the mind of humans and the mind of god (or the vastness of the universe, if you’re atheist). And I think it’s the size and depth and (for lack of a better word) “unquantifiability” or “unknowability” of the nature of that gap that causes me, and perhaps many of us, to remain so frustrated even as time begins to pass. It’s like an equation that we should be able to solve, and the answer eludes us.

I’m not in the lynch mob. To what end? More hate on top of already bottomless evil? What does that accomplish? But, KC will have to earn her redemption by being truthful and following the rules. She’s got 2 strikes against her and the pitcher is throwing 150 miles per hour. I hope she takes advantage of this second chance.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ShebaPoe For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatorqueen View Post
She was acquitted.
So you would hire her as a babysitter? You would recommend her as a baby sitter to your family and friends ? You would have her live in your home?
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to grammieto5 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-sleuth View Post
Padilla thinks she's in the Los Angeles area with Mark Hawkins, for whatever that's worth.
He probably stole that theory from here at WS.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nikki 01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekalb View Post
what was it with him and the daisy chain? i had never heard that expression.
and what's up with that toothpick/
I don't know what the toothpick is about. In my family, we were taught that it's vulgar to pick your teeth in public. My mom would have ripped me a new one if I went on TV with a toothpick hanging out of my mouth. She also would not tolerate a man wearing a hat indoors, it's disrespectful. Don't ask me why.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Chilly Willy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsolved View Post

Tim Allen, 24, stood there with a large sign reading, "Casey Will You Marry Me." He held a similar sign outside the courthouse when she was sentenced. He says he is serious about wanting to hook up with Anthony. "Hopefully, she will just be able to see my sign," Allen said. "Find me on Facebook. She can find out how to contact me." Allen says he works at an Orlando pizzeria. Asked why he has an interest in Casey, Allen said, "She's beautiful. She has very unique features. She is pretty. She has a nice body. That's what young guys like and I'm a young guy" Such attributes, Allen explained, are the types of things a young man like himself is looking for in a woman. "She deserves a new family, one that's not dysfunctional and I can give her a better family," he said.

Is he the guy with the missing teeth?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chilly Willy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShebaPoe View Post
that's my take as well. They released her just after midnight; that is also not normal outprocessing time. There was no secret back door, just, "it's the 17th, bye".
i think it might be normal outprocessing time in florida. several years ago my bf's son got out of county jail in florida and he was released just after midnight on his release date. jmo.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Justice for Travis

Quote:

http://florida.arrests.org/search.ph...llen&back=true

Bottom row - center - birds of a feather ...

DEFENDANT IS A LIAR + DEFENDANT'S KID GOES MISSING + DEFENDANT REPORTS KID MISSING AFTER 31 DAYS + KID IS FOUND DEAD = DEFENDANT KILLED KID
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sustained For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker Belle View Post
ITA, I remember hearing about Homolka, I cannot believe she only got 12 years in jail.. I didn't know she moved to the Caribbean though, thought she was still in Canada?
Well, the Crown's case against Bernardo depended on Homolka's evidence, so they made a plea bargain.
The Following User Says Thank You to gladiatorqueen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
Is he the guy with the missing teeth?
No. He was the pizza man interviewed by Jim Lichtenstein last night if you were watching his ustream feed. I think he was also standing outside of the courthouse with a sign on the day of her sentencing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nikki 01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down

Is KC on probation for lying to police or is she just done with time served? If she is on probation she couldn't leave Orange County without special permission which would be in the records.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:25 PM

Do I Care?

In short, Casey would have to become Mother Teresa on the slum streets of Calcutta in order to be redeemed in my eyes.

But really, I don't care. She's an adult who screwed over thousands of people. I think of all the people who took time away from THEIR families for her.

I don't care about Cindy-she threw Caylee's soul away when she lied for Casey.

Caylee is the one we should honor-however we choose to. I'm going to honor her by not giving Jose, Cheny, Dorothy, Cindy, George and Casey any more of my time or money. Whatever they do, use, show up on, endorse, care about, defend-I won't spend my money or time on.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
Is KC on probation for lying to police or is she just done with time served? If she is on probation she couldn't leave Orange County without special permission which would be in the records.
No probation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nikki 01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammieto5 View Post
So you would hire her as a babysitter? You would recommend her as a baby sitter to your family and friends ? You would have her live in your home?
How are these questions even relevant?

I don't know her except for TV so I highly doubt I would hire her as a baby sitter.

And, given the circumstances, I don't expect anyone actually would.

It doesn't mean they (or I) can't hire her for something else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gladiatorqueen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chablis View Post
Yeah, living in a home where they were in denial she was pregnant, and believed her paychecks went to direct deposit. They allowed the lies and Casey will probably thrive getting away from her toxic family. Had she been given away at birth and given to a family who wasn't so messed up she probably could have been anything she wanted.
If this had been Caylee she would still be alive today!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to grammieto5 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShebaPoe View Post
I’ll be honest, I tried sympathy and empathy for KC.

I live in Florida and I followed this case pretty closely. Not as closely as some on here, but I read the police documents and watched the trial when I could. I believed that the jury would return a guilty verdict on murder charges, condemning KC to live the rest of her days in prison, or maybe even send her to her death.

Then, not guilty, even of manslaughter. Like a slap in the face.

Confronted with the reality that KC would soon be leaving jail, I examined my feelings. I didn’t want to simply join a “lynch mob” or further the irrational hatred of a person. So I tried to sympathize with her, to see how that felt. I really did. At some point, she too was a little girl like Caylee. She played with her friends and had crushes on boys and dreamed of a life of her own. She definitely made her parents smile when she was little, brought joy to her grandparents, was liked by people, and so on. There are no indications her childhood was, say, Dahmer-esque.

I tried. But sympathy was nowhere to be seen. I thought of all those searchers, wasting their time. I thought of all those people sending money or even just prayers. And KC sitting there, knowing her daughter was dead the whole time. Although those lies are cruel, they are not pure evil, they are not worthy of declaring someone unforgiveable. (That threshold is an individual decision, of course). No, a pile of lies is not murder. A pile of lies is demolished by a single utterance of truth, and the damage of those lies undone if the liar embraces the truth, permanently.

So I wasn’t ready to write her off as truly irredeemable. Forever is a long time, and some power far greater than I decided to give her a life outside of prison. I read her jailhouse letters. I looked for a flicker of something with some tiny little inkling of humanity, of truth, of love. Was the innocent little girl, the girl that KC surely once was, still alive? Could the adult KC reconnect with her?

Snipped for length.

I think if Casey Anthony had shown even the slightest amount of sympathy for Caylee at some point, it might have made a difference. I can't imagine the death of a toddler having no impact on a mother or even a human being.

The fact that she doesn't seem to care is what has made her evil to many.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Verified Juanette

Ha ahahahaa..his phone does not work.

Baez is such a LIAR. Geraldo goes on Judge J's show to tease his own show and says the following:
" Casey did not even hear anything the crowd was yelling at her." Judge J asks 'how could that be? the crowd was really loud." and geraldo says this:

" I just talked to Jose on the phone and that is what he told me. "

Fast forward to the opening of GR's show.:

"Mr Baez, as you and your client were leaving the jail, did she hear what the crowd was yelling at her? "

" I am sorry Geraldo, but that is client/attorney privileged, so I cannot say anything about what she heard or didn't."

So Baez tells GR this juicy morsel that GR can open his show with, then DENIES ever saying it when asked. LOL

OH AND GR knows EXACTLY where Baez and his girl are hiding out. When Baez's bat cell was not working, what did GR say? " Walk over by the window, Jose, so we can hear you."
HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT WAS THE PROBLEM?

Can barely understand anything Baez is trying to say. he is hemming and hawing and throwing out the consitution and she was acquitted and she has the same rights as everyone else. [ Does acquitted = innocent?]

He sounds really garbled, but he denied there were any million dollar deals negotiated.
he sounded annoyed actually about the subject. Said something about al taylor but I cannot make it out. Something about we have not talked but we might ...

Now GR is trying to do rehab on Casey too. He is doing a segment on 'Second Chances'
and how some people resurrect themselves. Michael Vick, Tim Comedian guy,what a joke.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatorqueen View Post
Well, the Crown's case against Bernardo depended on Homolka's evidence, so they made a plea bargain.
and that was BEFORE the tapes were given to LE by Bernardo's lawyer. They had no idea IMO

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flossie JMO For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:41 PM

....having a hard time keeping up.
Thanks to everyone for their vigilance.
I take it no one has figured out where she is yet?

Legals, am I right in assuming she can't leave the country due to pending lawsuits?
Sorry if this has already been asked.
The Following User Says Thank You to SL_Zero For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
Ha ahahahaa..his phone does not work.

Baez is such a LIAR. Geraldo goes on Judge J's show to tease his own show and says the following:
" Casey did not even hear anything the crowd was yelling at her." Judge J asks 'how could that be? the crowd was really loud." and geraldo says this:

" I just talked to Jose on the phone and that is what he told me. "

Fast forward to the opening of GR's show.:

"Mr Baez, as you and your client were leaving the jail, did she hear what the crowd was yelling at her? "

" I am sorry Geraldo, but that is client/attorney privileged, so I cannot say anything about what she heard or didn't."

So Baez tells GR this juicy morsel that GR can open his show with, then DENIES ever saying it when asked. LOL

GR knows EXACTLY where Baez and his girl are hiding out. When Baez's bat cell was not working, what did GR say? " Walk over by the window, Jose, so we can hear you."
HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT WAS THE PROBLEM?

Can barely understand anything Baez is trying to say. he is hemming and hawing and throwing out the consitution and she was acquitted and she has the same rights as everyone else. [ Does acquitted = innocent?]

He sounds really garbled, but he denied there were any million dollar deals negotiated.
he sounded annoyed actually about the subject. Said something about al taylor but I cannot make it out. Something about we have not talked but we might ...

Now GR is trying to do rehab on Casey too. He is doing a segment on 'Second Chances'
and how some people resurrect themselves. Michael Vick, Tim Comedian guy,what a joke.
bbm, not defending Geraldo or Baez, but ime, when you talk cell to cell, it can be more difficult than land line to cell, and I tell my sweetie to go near a window, jmo. IMO Geraldo knows where they are. No reason to disclose that imo

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius
Old 07-17-2011, 10:46 PM

@katydid-

Acquitted does = innocent.

Under US law one is "innocent until proven guilty". Unfortunately KC way not proven guilty.
The Following User Says Thank You to SL_Zero For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossie JMO View Post
and that was BEFORE the tapes were given to LE by Bernardo's lawyer. They had no idea IMO
Well, yes, I know. Scary.
The Following User Says Thank You to gladiatorqueen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.

Quote:

His next sign might read: "Holy crap. She stole everything I owned and also my goldfish are now missing."
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lexiintoronto For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker Belle View Post
ITA, I remember hearing about Homolka, I cannot believe she only got 12 years in jail.. I didn't know she moved to the Caribbean though, thought she was still in Canada?
I'm not positive about the Caribbean, but she is out of Canada from what I understand. She also had a baby boy. They made a plea deal with her to go after Paul. Then they saw the tapes and saw that she was a willing participant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwbear For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread