Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 07-20-2011, 01:31 PM

WI - Beau Butschke, 28, Oconomowoc, 14 July 2011

Forgive me if this missing person has already been posted. I searched for a posting on here and didn't find anything. Anyhow, Beau Butschke went missing from a friend's house in Oconomowoc, WI at around 4:30 p.m. Beau's truck is a 1993 red Toyota 2 wheel drive, 2 door, with black wheels (no hubcaps), lots of rust, & many motocross stickers on the back window. The license plate # they believe to be on the truck is FW7769, however it could also be DX4083. I do not know him or any of his friends. I saw the poster and event page for his search on Facebook and wanted to see if there was anything posted over here. There is a person mentioned on the Facebook page who is a tentative POI but I'm not sure if that person has been named by LE or not. I will link to the Facebook page. I figure if anyone can help, it's ya'all.
http://http://www.facebook.com/event...closeTheater=1
Attached Images
File Type: bmp BeauB.bmp (119.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg beaub2.jpg (71.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg missingposter.jpg (84.3 KB, 32 views)

Do you call a fly without wings a "walk"?

Last edited by summer_breeze; 07-29-2011 at 06:35 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ImaFrayedKnott For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 01:44 PM

Butschke is described as Caucasian, 5’10”, 155 pounds with brown hair and green eyes. His vehicle, a red 1991 Toyota pickup with license plate number FW7769, is also missing.

http://www.livinglakecountry.com/blo...125895108.html

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 01:46 PM

His FB: http://www.facebook.com/beau.butschke

The Following User Says Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 02:02 PM

Surfie, aside from the snippet you found in the livinglakecountry.com there's not a single other news article on his dissapearance in the 6 days he's been missing. That's sad.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ImaFrayedKnott For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaFrayedKnott View Post
Surfie, aside from the snippet you found in the livinglakecountry.com there's not a single other news article on his dissapearance in the 6 days he's been missing. That's sad.
It is, isn't it? What are the local stations and papers there? Perhaps a few emails to them would prompt some media attention.

The Following User Says Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Cheesehead from the Dairy State

I live in Wisconsin and was surprised to see this! Not one mention on the local news! I'll do some searching.
Searching for Stephanie Low.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mom who cares For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 02:53 PM

Milwaukee news stations just starting mentioning this within the last half hour. Here's one:

http://www.wisn.com/news/28610939/detail.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarthaM For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 03:33 PM

www.channel3000.com is the one in Madison. I live in Janesville and we get Madison news. I'm not sure exactly where Oconomowoc is. I'll do some looking.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 PM

Oconomowoc is about 45 minutes west of Milwaukee. Very safe, family community. There was a high-profile murder there a few years back that involved custody of a child. Other than that it's a very safe, laid-back area with a small town feel. There are a lot of lakes in the area and it would be easy to drive into one, but the lakes are very active in the summer so I don't see that happening.

Also, Oconomowoc is in Waukesha county, close to the Jefferson county border. Jefferson county is listed on the missing poster so I assume he lived there. Jefferson is less populated.
The Following User Says Thank You to October For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 PM

Is he a single man, does anyone know? And was he good about keeping his relatives informed of where he was going and when he'd be back? Single men often take off and do crazy things without telling anyone. One time my son and a friend left our house late at night without telling anyone to go to the Mackinac Bridge to see the son rise over the water. They were gone a couple of days and we were worried sick. When they got back, they hadn't even thought that we might worry or miss them! Unless the guy was expected at work, guys sometimes will go home with a girl for the night and stay a week.
I hope he will come home safe. I hope more details will come out in this story.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 03:48 PM

As for local news stations, they would be Milwaukee ones.

www.todaystmj4.com
www.fox6now.com
www.wisn.com
www.cbs58.com/
www.jsonline.com

Those are probably the biggest ones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to October For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

I have Many, Many, Many Family and Friends in around that area, lived there almost my whole life...Will holler at them to become members here and see what they can do to help.

Here is Facebook Link to more Info

this is picture of his truck

283481_723247670908_219705273_36405532_4148287_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/beau.butschk...33944483358392

"Beau, friends, and family have been suspicious of the tenant that lived next to him, JAR, because a few items have been stolen from Beau's house."
I communicate with my heart not my head.
“These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 PM

There's a lady listed on the page with the same last name who I'm assuming is his mother who is a real estate agent, and one of the admins of the missing person's page for Beau who I'm also assuming is his brother or possibly a cousin. It says on the missing persons page that he was expected at work on Tuesday but didn't show and probably hasn't shown today either since the page is still active and nobody has said he's been located yet. No word yet on if there's another search going on yet. In this heat someone could die of heat exhaustion in just a few hours. He's very in to motocross though. Through yahoo searches he comes up on motocross rosters all over the place so I'm assuming he's very phyiscally fit. I do a lot of assuming, don't I? lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ImaFrayedKnott For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 04:18 PM

Oh, and I shot an e-mail over to the Madison news station to see if they were going to run a story on him. I'll post if I get a reply and if I find anything new.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaFrayedKnott View Post
www.channel3000.com is the one in Madison. I live in Janesville and we get Madison news. I'm not sure exactly where Oconomowoc is. I'll do some looking.
It is a suburb of Milwaukee.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
I have Many, Many, Many Family and Friends in around that area, lived there almost my whole life...Will holler at them to become members here and see what they can do to help.

Here is Facebook Link to more Info

this is picture of his truck

Attachment 17840

http://www.facebook.com/beau.butschk...33944483358392

"Beau, friends, and family have been suspicious of the tenant that lived next to him, JAR, because a few items have been stolen from Beau's house."
FB poster also mentions that the neighbor may have several aliases and left his house when police arrived.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Help find Adji

Am also seeing an address for Beau in Orlando, Fl - an old address but wondering if he would have any reason to head back in that direction for a short time.
The Following User Says Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 05:51 PM

I actually live in Kenosha, WI (I just say Chicago because everyone knows where that is). I am heading over to the FB page right now and, if there is a need for searches, I will volunteer my time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fedfan4life For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
Am also seeing an address for Beau in Orlando, Fl - an old address but wondering if he would have any reason to head back in that direction for a short time.
Elepher, are you on the FB page? Maybe that's worth bringing up on there? Wondering if it's the same guy? Kind of a unique name. Someone posted earlier today that they thought they saw his truck yesterday on I94 going North. I have a feeling it has something to do with the neighbor who hasn't been seen since the cops showed up to question him though. The guy has like 4 aliases and a record of theft.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:22 PM

I brought up the possibility of him heading to FL on his missing person's page. They're pretty much saying he wouldn't go anywhere without telling his momma first, he's not the type to skip town without letting family know. Still no word on where he's at, but it looks like they're going to do another search and there's been an air search to see if his truck could be spotted as well as several people putting in calls to local junkyards to see if his truck had been taken in for salvage. No word on the POI yet either. I guess a possible picture had been posted, but was asked to be taken down because he hasn't been questioned by LE yet or named as an actual suspect in Beau's disappearance.

The Following User Says Thank You to ImaFrayedKnott For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Just saw a tweet re: Beau...I retweeted...hope he is found safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 11:11 PM

They just aired a longer story about him on WISN's 10 pm news, one of the Milwaukee stations. Family, friends, and volunteers have been doing ground searches for the past few days. They interviewed his father who said he has never been one to just go off without telling anybody. He missed a doctor appointment, a planned weekend outing, and then work this week. His cellphone has not been used since the last night he was seen, now over a week ago. The father said what they're really hoping to find is his truck so that they can then bring in search dogs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarthaM For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 08:07 PM

I missed this, too, until today when it popped up on my fb feed. Link to info about a planned search: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=133944483358392

There seems to be very little info out there, I found this blurb on the Madison newspaper's website:
http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...cc4c002e0.html

He was last seen in Oconomowoc, but lives in Ixonia. Ixonia is a small town in a pretty rural area, between Oconomowoc and Watertown. I looked the address from the FB invite up on mapquest, it's his address seems to be kind of out in the boonies. You'd definitely be taking Hwy 16 to travel from Oconomowoc to Ixonia.

I grew up just a bit east of Oconomowoc. Very affluent area, very conservative, has seen a TON of development in the last 20 years, especially along I94. It's about half-way between Madison and Milwaukee, kind of a bedroom community to Milwaukee. Far western edge of Waukesha County, while Ixonia is in Jefferson County. Ixonia is still much more of a farming community. Hope the cooperation between Waukesha County and Jefferson County LE is good...

eta: link a (small) fb group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757722491886

Last edited by RLynne; 07-23-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: added link
Old 07-24-2011, 12:50 AM

I am in Pewaukee, WI just off Hwy 16, about 15 min. from Oconomowoc. It is very sad that it has taken so long for MSM to latch onto this story. I am hoping to get involved in some of the searches if I am able to make time. If I do, I will definitely come back and post any info that is relayed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelainwi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 01:04 AM

On the FB event page, it says that they did a search of Beau's property and the only thing they found was a change jar stolen from Beau's house a month ago which previously contained hundreds of dollars but was now empty. Could there be a connection between this change jar and Beau's disappearance?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post: