Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

Ive read so much today....my mind is swirling. I can not sleep. I cant imagine that her parents r getting much sleep either. PRAYERS FOR HER PARENTS. I swear Im putting my phone down now-the alarm goes off in a hr n a hf. Ouch

I really don't think that if they are all into drugs and stuff that they are gonna want the body found because its not like she is your junkie off the street this is a pretty college girl and even if she just OD'd they are gonna run a back check on who she was with and they are gonna /exspecially with this peing so high profile that they are gonna wanna bring in the DEA and thats gonna get alot of or from what i have been reading . Alot of shady people in the mix so i disagree with just dumping the body wanting it found because its an OD. also the 4 P0I's that gave dna I disagree with the thinking that one of them gave dna because he knew no sexuall assault maybe he just assumes because he used a condom that theres none to be found inside her. I think now adays with DNA any sexuall predator with a tv knows he cant or shouldnt leave behind his cemon and thus uses a condom exspecially if he has ever been convicted and his dna is allready in the system.. Last thing and to make clear im just giving out some of my oppinions from the posts i have read. you never or rarly hear the press ask a question so i dont think that friend is hiding anything at all and she did say she didnt just bring that up she did go into that she was with her bf a loving bf of 2 years. most likely you just didnt hear a reporter ask it or u can bet its edited to just the awnsers anyways...

Regarding putting an OD'd body out in an alley (or anywhere to be found)......it really doesn't matter what we think might be the most logical. These boys probably had three issues which we (presumably) do not have at the moment: 1. Being under the influence of drugs and alcohol (perhaps a LOT). 2. Extreme fear 3. Maybe some guilt for giving her drugs.

We all should keep in mind, as this is being analyzed, that these boys are simply NOT going to be make logical decisions. The drugs/alcohol would significantly impair any sense of logic. These guys are still young and impulsive and as I've discussed before, have non fully-developed brains. Add in some fear and it's typical for one in this stage to consider "hiding". Any parent knows how kids react to doing something wrong, or even to accidents. It's natural for a kid to throw a ball in the house, break a vase, and hide or try to repair it so Mom won't find out. Of course this isn't a ball, nor little kids, but the outcome may not be all that different with immature thinking. These are much older "kids", but this is also a much more serious issue. The feeling of "Uh Oh - let's hide it" may not be gone, especially when under the influence. Add in the fact that they may have been a contributor to her OD'ing, and they may just have wanted to get rid of the situation all together. Being under the influence and scared, I'm not sure they would have the sound mind to understand HOW to better deal with it.

I think it's very important to try to get into their head as we consider what may have happened. I keep reading so many people saying "this doesn't make sense" but yet when you consider how a drunk/drugged person reacts, maybe it does. This is why I keep going back to LS's condition. While I think ODing is a real possibility, it's now hard to believe she left to go to a DD's house, wanting to buy more coke, in the newly as-described condition. I don't think she'd even be asking. Don't think like a person who WANTS to party, wanting more coke. Think like a person admitting to taking Xanex, who's foaming at the mount, stumbling out of an elevator, falling on you knees, and needing to be scooped up and helped out of a building. Would YOU be walking down the street two hours later, out looking for coke? I don't think so. I do seem to buy the Mystery Man 3:38 thing, and I'm not sure how this fits in, but the witness certainly describes her to be the same as the person described her coming out of the elevator. How would this witness have known to describe her this way, when this report just came out? I think it's true, but I'm not sure how it fits in.

One thought that I had, is that for as messed up as most of the POI individuals were that night, it was a mighty effective job of making her disappear along with not leaving clues that lead to any immediate arrests or hard suspects.

To some extent, it gets me to think someone more alert and level headed was involved with the process.

There is a very touching letter Charlene posted on @newsonlaurenS and then was sent on to HLN to seek additional help. Very sad.

One thought that I had, is that for as messed up as most of the POI individuals were that night, it was a mighty effective job of making her disappear along with not leaving clues that lead to any immediate arrests or hard suspects.

To some extent, it gets me to think someone more alert and level headed was involved with the process.

Yes, I agree, and this is what keeps me considering the DD involvement, as he may be one to have "higher ups" to help him out. I'd think that "higher ups" may be more criminal but I just don't get the feeling, level-headed or not, that many of the POI's are criminal masterminds. Even level headed college kids surely wouldn't have the criminal thought process it would take to conceal a body this effectively. While I do not think she was likely to be out wanting more coke, I do think it's entirely possible that the Mystery Man was the DD and she somehow came upon him that night.

Here's another thought......I haven't really considered "murder" unless it was random. What if it wasn't? What if the LS was overheard at Sports, bragging about drugs and citing names of where they came from? What if the fight was about that? What if someone (perhaps ZO) felt that he was going to get into lots of trouble, allowing a young girl to be out naming his name? What if he or someone else felt the need to "eliminate" that possibility from happening again? This would most CERTAINLY give the 5 North Boys reason to be quiet. It might also be reason to make up a story to indicate she arrived at their place, then left. I'm not sure why JR would want to agree to that - why not just say she walked CR home, then left? I'm not sure about that part, but if they think it's likely that someone murdered her, surely they'd want to keep quiet, for fear they could suffer the same fate. My guess is that they know of the other guy's involvement with possible higher ups.

Regarding putting an OD'd body out in an alley (or anywhere to be found)......it really doesn't matter what we think might be the most logical. These boys probably had three issues which we (presumably) do not have at the moment: 1. Being under the influence of drugs and alcohol (perhaps a LOT). 2. Extreme fear 3. Maybe some guilt for giving her drugs.

We all should keep in mind, as this is being analyzed, that these boys are simply NOT going to be make logical decisions. The drugs/alcohol would significantly impair any sense of logic. These guys are still young and impulsive and as I've discussed before, have non fully-developed brains. Add in some fear and it's typical for one in this stage to consider "hiding". Any parent knows how kids react to doing something wrong, or even to accidents. It's natural for a kid to throw a ball in the house, break a vase, and hide or try to repair it so Mom won't find out. Of course this isn't a ball, nor little kids, but the outcome may not be all that different with immature thinking. These are much older "kids", but this is also a much more serious issue. The feeling of "Uh Oh - let's hide it" may not be gone, especially when under the influence. Add in the fact that they may have been a contributor to her OD'ing, and they may just have wanted to get rid of the situation all together. Being under the influence and scared, I'm not sure they would have the sound mind to understand HOW to better deal with it.

I think it's very important to try to get into their head as we consider what may have happened. I keep reading so many people saying "this doesn't make sense" but yet when you consider how a drunk/drugged person reacts, maybe it does. This is why I keep going back to LS's condition. While I think ODing is a real possibility, it's now hard to believe she left to go to a DD's house, wanting to buy more coke, in the newly as-described condition. I don't think she'd even be asking. Don't think like a person who WANTS to party, wanting more coke. Think like a person admitting to taking Xanex, who's foaming at the mount, stumbling out of an elevator, falling on you knees, and needing to be scooped up and helped out of a building. Would YOU be walking down the street two hours later, out looking for coke? I don't think so. I do seem to buy the Mystery Man 3:38 thing, and I'm not sure how this fits in, but the witness certainly describes her to be the same as the person described her coming out of the elevator. How would this witness have known to describe her this way, when this report just came out? I think it's true, but I'm not sure how it fits in.

Well laid out post. I totally agree with you.:tyou:

That was a tough read! It sounds to me as though Mrs. Spierer is talking directly to ONE person (not several). The word "themselves" is plural, but this is a common grammatical mistake. Many people use "themselves' instead of "himself", when speaking about only one person. Using the word "YOUR" instead of "They" just gives me the feel that she's trying to be direct (almost as though she knows or suspects who is likely involved). I realize that "Your" could be directed to multiple people, but it's just not the feel that I get from this letter.

(excerpt from letter) "I've learned there lurks an evil, a cruel, heartless element that cares more about themselves than the life of my daughter. That this element of humanity exists in the world is beyond comprehension. Your silence is deafening. Your lack of compassion is irreprehensible. Your lack of respect for another human being which allows you to go day, by day, watching is unimaginable. Everyone is put on this earth for a purpose. Everyone has a defining moment. In the blink of an eye Lauren disappeared. Do not let this be your defining moment. You have no idea what you have taken from us. "

Can someone possibly quote the letter onto this thread - My computer here at work is blocking the site. :tyou:

Sorry Jupiter! Thanks elmomom! Too early over here and not thinking straight!

I waffle back and forth with whether these guys will ever come forward with more info that they may know.

On one hand....They also are likely not criminals and unless it was a DD who did this, I get the feeling the 5 North Boys have never before been involved in anything of this gravity before. If they are decent kids, who may have just made a really bad impulsive decision, it could eventually tear them up to the point of wanting to spill.

On the other hand, most of us know what it feels like to wake up the next morning, after a drunken night of making poor choices (not to this extreme!). Sometimes you realize how stupid you acted, and are so embarrassed that you can barely face the people you were around. It's easier to avoid them. Imagine multiplying that feeling to this extreme. They have lawyers telling them to be quiet. They probably have families who love them. They likely can't imagine facing their family and admitting to this type of a mistake. Sometimes it's easier to have to deal with the guilt over something you've done, than to face those you love and admit the painful truth. While it must be eating them up inside, they may feel that it's an easier "deal" than facing the truth.

The answer to the truth IMO, will be in the way in which their families address this situation at home. If their parents are harping on them about the drug rumors and yelling over wonderment of their son's potential involvement, I surely don't think that son would want to come out and admit anything. If however, the parents are supportive and loving, perhaps he would be more inclined. If we are each TRULY honest with ourselves, I'm not sure we can guarantee which type of parent we'd be unless we've been faced with this situation before.

http://newsonlaurens.blogspot.com/2011/07/day-50-letter-from-charlene.html

ay 50, a letter from Charlene
Charlene asked that I share this with you all. Today is day 50.

---

July 21, 2011

Our daughter, Lauren, disappeared on June 3, 2011. In the blink of an eye, she disappeared. I truly hope as a parent, you never get that phone call. The feeling is indescribable. Weeks later, the feeling is the same. It’s as if our lives before June 3rd never happened. We are suspended in time. I cannot imagine doing anything other than searching for Lauren until the time we find her and can take her home with us. Some days are paralyzing. As you wake every morning, the nightmare begins again. You cannot give in. You cannot give up hope. Every day you think this could be the day and every day I believe that with all my heart.

Lauren is so much more than a face on a poster. She is Rebecca’s sister. She has grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. She is our daughter. Lauren has friends she adores. Friends she would go the extra mile for. Everyday something reminds me of her. It might be something as small as seeing a sunflower, hearing a song or noticing something I’d love to tell Lauren about. My heart is breaking.

Over the last several weeks, I’ve learned a new language no one should ever have to learn. I now know what things like PLS, POI, recon, ATV and vetting all mean. The word “ transition” is another way of letting me know a change is about to happen that I might not be happy about. I’ve learned to speak while looking into a camera instead of a person’s eyes. I’ve learned that social media is a way to reach a great deal of people in a very short time. I constantly read blogs, check Twitter and Facebook. I’ve learned what it takes to update a website with the latest information about my dear sweet girl. I’ve learned how to suppress my pain. I’ve learned how to keep thoughts of Lauren before June 3 at bay because when they come to the surface it is almost too painful to endure. I’ve learned that you never run out of tears. They are always there, always on the surface, a constant reminder of the ache in my heart. I’ve learned that the world is comprised of many wonderful, kind people. Just waiting to help Rob, Rebecca and me in any way they can.

But outside all that goodness, I’ve learned there lurks an evil, a cruel, heartless element that cares more about themselves than the life of my daughter. That this element of humanity exists in the world is beyond comprehension. Your silence is deafening. Your lack of compassion is irreprehensible. Your lack of respect for another human being which allows you to go day, by day, watching is unimaginable. Everyone is put on this earth for a purpose. Everyone has a defining moment. In the blink of an eye Lauren disappeared. Do not let this be your defining moment. You have no idea what you have taken from us.

My promise to you, we will not rest until we find Lauren. What are you waiting for? You can still do the right thing.

Find Lauren…PO Box 1226…Bloomington, IN 47402-1226.

Lauren, I love you with my heart and soul. We will never give up.

Ever strong, ever determined, ever hopeful,
Charlene Spierer

Carmen101 said:
So, are the dumpsters near 5 North emptied more than once a week? Is the info that they are emptied on Fridays by a private hauler correct?

A phone call to Sears & Sons might verify that info.

As for verifying the private hauler, I posted pics that show the dumpster with the company name on it IIRC.

I can barely stand reading Lauren's mom's words...and I would be willing to bet that someone who knows what happened to Lauren has read her letter...how they they continue to remain silent and go one with their lives as if nothing has happened...I guess self-preservation kicks in and nothing else matters.

I agree with the majority of this, especially the boys' motivation to hide an OD. In terms of LS possibly wanting to buy more coke, etc., I think it depends on the personality. There are users who can't stop ... take John Belushi. He went back to his room drunk, vomited, and went back to partying. The woman who gave him the fatal speedball was charged and convicted. But he wanted to keep on partying. I'm not sure LS COULD have been out looking for more, but she might have TAKEN what was offered.

And the boys might have freaked if that happened (perhaps justifiably so). Similar to Belushi's death was musician Tim Buckley's: a friend, ticked because an intoxicated Buckley interrupted him having sex, put some heroin on a mirror and told him to take it all. Buckley, described as "rebellious," did just that ... and died from a heroin/alcohol overdose. That friend was also tried and convicted. I agree we need to try and get into their heads, but w/o knowing the personalities, it's hard, IMO.

I'd like to think that LS wasn't looking for more and that the boys wouldn't hide an OD. But as you note, none of them may have been thinking rationally. The bigger issue I have, actually, is how they could have hidden her body so well if that's what happened. Unless they just got lucky. But as well all know, luck usually runs out.

PS: Charlene's letter is haunting and heartbreaking.

Btown, glad you're here this a.m. I just drove by and saw a private security car parked behind 5 North. I've not seen it there before have you? It's the official one that looks like a police car, not unmarked. Just wonder if it's there frequently or always or rarely.

P.S. I took a photo in case anyone wants a visual aid.:saber:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member