Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 11:12 PM
WS Super Moderator

I just read this article...

Fabric found from missing girls clothes?
There are new developments in the Amber Alert for a five-year-old girl from Detroit. Some new evidence could help solve the case, but it might not have the ending for which her family is hoping.
Sources told FOX 2's Alexis Wiley that a piece of fabric found on a body inside of a burned out house matches what Mariha Smith was wearing when she disappeared.
More...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2011, 11:27 PM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
This case is beginning to sound an awful lot like Shaniya's case.
I know, Salem. If I live to be a hundred, I'll never be able to erase from my mind the image of Shaniyah being carried out of that motel. Thanks to you guys who are keeping up with little Mariah. I just don't think I can.

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
Old 07-27-2011, 12:16 AM

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28661107/detail.html

I hope that worked.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kris41902 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris41902 View Post
WTH? Were they planned shots or not? I heard something on the police scanner about someone with an AK47 but i doubt it was the same. After this case and a few others, i can safely say i wont ever move to MI to raise my child.
The Following User Says Thank You to justanother For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 AM

Detroit does not represent all of Michigan. Sadly the worst is what we hear about the most. Michigan is a beautiful state and Detroit was once too. Detroit is however, a land of its own.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kris41902 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 12:35 AM

I just watched the video and i cannot believe that poor baby's vigil is interrupted with Gun Fire. How disgraceful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justanother For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris41902 View Post
Detroit does not represent all of Michigan. Sadly the worst is what we hear about the most. Michigan is a beautiful state and Detroit was once too. Detroit is however, a land of its own.
as someone raised in michigan i can attest to this . even most people in detroit are good. its only the crazies we hear about

i am praying SO HARD for this little angel.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blue_the_puppy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 12:50 AM

Ok, let me rephrase that, i will be keeping away from Detroit I'm listening to the scanner and wow, shots fired, armed with a knife, fighting and someone has guns, child custody dispute, woman down, brother assaulted sister with a gun, all in the last 20 minutes. Sounds delightful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justanother For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 12:55 AM
WS Super Moderator

Shots fired during the vigil?! Was it a warning to someone not to talk?

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
Old 07-27-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessie View Post
Shots fired during the vigil?! Was it a warning to someone not to talk?
No idea but one of the 'Uncles' FB page says he 'shoots to kill' - less than an hour ago.

The news reporter looked pretty shook up.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justanother For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 01:39 AM
These boys are my heartstrings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaMae View Post
It does have disturbing similarities. The Shaniya case broke my heart. I am beside myself about this child too.

These cases are just really hard to take, but I think we need to stand up for these tiny victims when those around them have failed to protect them.
I will never forget that video of Shaniya being carried in that hotel..
Old 07-27-2011, 01:45 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanother View Post
No idea but one of the 'Uncles' FB page says he 'shoots to kill' - less than an hour ago.

The news reporter looked pretty shook up.

Did somebody send that to law enforcement already???
The Following User Says Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Verified Juanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
I will never forget that video of Shaniya being carried in that hotel..
Me too. While she is being carried in and waiting for the elevator---that is one of the most heartbreaking videos I have ever seen in my life. You can see the anxiety in her precious little face. I cannot get over that image. And this case has Shaniya vibes all over it, imo.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:59 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

Henry said her daughter must be lying out of fear, but she didn't know the specifics of what the lie might be.

Henry's 55-year-old boyfriend who calls Mariha his granddaughter, thinks the remains from the charred house are those of Mariha.

http://detnews.com/article/20110727/...#ixzz1TIGlqTi4

The results of DNA testing to determine whether the burned remains of a child are that of a missing 5-year-old Detroit girl could be complete as soon as today, an official said.

Investigators retrieved the girl's DNA from Sinai-Grace Hospital, where she was born, and took a sample from her mother...

Meanwhile, police are still trying to determine the identity of a man who bought 41 cents in gasoline at a nearby gas station at 7:44 a.m. Sunday -- 10 minutes before the Detroit Fire Department was called to the burning home at 2918 Waverly and found the girl's body.

According to police, a man was seen running from the scene.

Police said Smith's boyfriend, who is a brother of the aunt's boyfriend, also was being sought for questioning.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011072...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

Huh? Reporters... when you have 12 siblings... that all apparently have the last name... you cannot refer to them all as "Smith."
Saying that Smith was detained after flunking her polygraph and then Smith was released after passing hers... doesn't work.

And this statement up there?? WHICH Smith's boyfriend?
He is a brother of the Aunt's boyfriend?
WHICH Aunt?
The Aunt who is being held for questioning?

Does that mean that the Smith who this sought after boyfriend is dating is not another "Aunt Smith?"
Which would mean it would be the mother he is dating?
She doesn't know where her boyfriend is?
This is the first we've heard of this.

My head is spinning. They have got to use full names. F Smith, Q Smith, K Smith, V Smith... etc.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 06:37 AM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

Police are holding Quanita Smith, aunt of 5-year-old Mariha Trenice Smith, after she failed a lie detector test this week during an investigation into her niece's disappearance.
Quanita spent Monday and Tuesday at a Detroit Police precinct. She is not charged.
Her family said Tuesday she should tell the police anything she knows about Mariha.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110727/...#ixzz1TIi9aTKw

wonder if that should have added "YET" ?
I communicate with my heart not my head.
“These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 06:41 AM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

Police were unable to get Mariha's DNA from the home where she was staying because other children there were known to share personal hygiene items, including toothbrushes, the official said.
Further complicating the process, Smith told police she doesn't know where her daughter's father is, the official said.

Detroit police officers brought the aunt's boyfriend in for questioning, and an arson dog capable of detecting flammable liquids was expected to be used on him, sources told the Free Press.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011072...CFRONTPAGE%7Cs

"expected to be used on him" Odd way to state that
“These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

Last edited by CN2Souls; 07-27-2011 at 07:26 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 06:45 AM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

Another great-aunt of Mariha, Luquious Wooten, has a plea.

“God, please, whoever’s got Mariha please bring her home. We all miss her and everything. Just let her come home, you know. Hey, sweet little girl with a smile on her face and everything, you know, kept laughing, joking and everything. Please let her come home, please.”

Mariha’s grandmother, Diane Henry, said she and her family will continue to pray until Mariha is home.
“Well, they holdin’ up pretty good, but you can’t break, you know what I’m saying. You gotta be strong , gotta be strong, so that’s what I’ve been doin’ and the mama been strong, so we’re trying to hang in there.”

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/07/...-detroit-girl/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Inactive

I can not believe a fight and gun shots at this baby's VIGIL!!!

The world has gone crazy, and I'm just too old for this. I can not understand. I just can not.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 07:35 AM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

A young girl was fatally strangled before being burned "beyond recognition" in a Detroit building, a medical examiner's report released Monday found.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-25/j...ng?_s=PM:CRIME

I wonder why some news is reporting Strangled, others reporting Smothered.

However, the autopsy only said "asphyxia homicide,"
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 AM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
I can not believe a fight and gun shots at this baby's VIGIL!!!

The world has gone crazy, and I'm just too old for this. I can not understand. I just can not.

So Sad,
In the video you can see that the some of the aunts were right in the middle of it, not sure if they were trying to break it up or what...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28661107/detail.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 08:10 AM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

Found the video where FS is stating the clothing scrap that was found in the burnt house was NOT what Mariah was wearing….

Hmmmmmmm

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/10...Cmostpopvideos

ETA: FS was the last one to see her, she said she laid her down on the Dinning room floor at 3:30 am just before she left...?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
Found the video where FS is stating the clothing scrap that was found in the burnt house was NOT what Mariah was wearing….

Hmmmmmmm

ETA: FS was the last one to see her, she said she laid her down on the Dinning room floor at 3:30 am just before she left...?
That just sounds like denial to me. They're just working so hard to keep up hope, I think their minds are playing tricks on them. So sad.

Unrelated: It sounds like the sister Juanita is actually Quanita, according to the article 2 posts above.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 08:53 AM
"Juan more time"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post

Hmmmmmmm

What's with the aunt saying "shes a very attractive girl." Like it's normal for adults to be "attracted to little girls???

And why was it being reported everywhere - before that scarp of fabric was found - that Mariha was wearing a black top with pink roses and now they say that's not what she was wearing?

I also found it a little odd that in one video the mom refers to Mariha as being " what - 4 years old." Okay - she just turned five on July 15, but wouldn't you think she'd remember how old her daughter is - especially since she just had a birthday.

There are some very odd things being said by various family members.

This is getting more and more suspicious. I think there is something else being covered up here. What was going on in that house?

Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[i]Please help BestFriends help us.

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?

Last edited by Tiki; 07-27-2011 at 09:15 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tiki For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 09:01 AM
"Juan more time"

RUMOR ALERT:

I won't link to this info because I have no way of knowing if the person is one of the aunts, but it is the same name.
and the age was right. (not Quanita who is being held by police.)

She was a witness in a shooting/killing case. She didn't show up the 2nd day of the trial and a bench warrant was put out for her for contempt of court.

They couldn't find her and the shooter was convicted. He appealed for ineffective counsel and because this witness was not found to testify for him.

Here's what caught my attention:
When they finally found her, she used the same excuse Mariha's mom used - she got too drunk the night before and had too bad of a hangover to go to court.

It struck me as odd the same excuse was used.

Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[i]Please help BestFriends help us.

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?

Last edited by Tiki; 07-27-2011 at 09:13 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tiki For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 09:15 AM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
What's with the aunt saying "shes a very attractive girl." Like it's normal for adults to be "attracted to little girls???

And why was it being reported everywhere that Mariha was wearing a black top with pink roses and now they say that's not what she was wearing?

This is getting more and more suspicious. I think there is something else being covered up here. What was going on in that house?

Yeah, I found that odd also...

Just to add the the confusion, there are 12 aunts / uncles and 20 cousins, 15 great aunts and then you have everyones significant others to add to the bunch and about 75% of them have the most common last name SMITH.
And they all seem to be in the MSM talking about what they KNOW...
Closed Thread