Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 03:00 PM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
My gut is telling me Mom may have or could have handed her off to a predator.

Maybe I'm tainted by Shaniya's case. But mothers do hand kids over to cover drug debts and such.

This mother could be 100% innocent and I'm hoping she is, but we all know mothers sometimes do horrible things.

I want to hear what happened in that poly this morning.

I must say I waffle back and forth,

Family involved / Family not involved.

I guess the window thing just doesn't sit right with me.

Maybe it is a case of leaving the children home alone while they were all out.

When they got home at 3:30 am it looked like all the children were asleep on the floor.

But Mariha was already taken.
I communicate with my heart not my head.
“These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
I love Jesus but I like to drink a little. :)

12 kids! Wow! The diaper comment by the grandmother is very odd. Such a strange thing to say when your grandkid is missing. I hope she doesn't end up being the burn victim but odds are it is unless there has been another 5-7 year old child reported missing in the area. I hope I am wrong!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:12 PM
These boys are my heartstrings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
How many children does Mariha's mother have?
Cubby, it looks like Mariha has 3 younger siblings.

Quote:
An Amber Alert was issued by Detroit police for Mariha, who was last seen by her mother sleeping on the floor with her three younger siblings at 3:30 a.m. Sunday. When her mother called police around noon, she said the front window was wide open.
From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110725/...#ixzz1T9LYTx17
Old 07-25-2011, 03:13 PM
The key to change... is to let go of fear

I think the diaper comment from the grandmother is more of a type of "slang" dialouge to describe the young age of the girl.....moo
Old 07-25-2011, 03:13 PM
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Looking again at the photo of the home attached in the following post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - AMBER ALERT: Mariha Trenice Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

It looks like the front screen door locks with a key. Do they lock both the storm and screen doors with keys and were both locked with keys when Mariha went missing?

There is not enough room on the right side of the house to take a child and not be heard due to the proximity of the house next door. IF that house is occupied. IF the home is vacant it would have provided obstruction from the view of seeing the perp.

The front of the house appears to have hosta's? or some kind of ground covering plant bordering most of the front of the house. If someone stepped along this area checking the windows that would be evident as the plants would show evidence of someone walking along them.

The house looks like it has a basement of some sort. Someone could have entered through an unlocked window going into the basement. Does the basement have walkdown stairs in the rear? If so, maybe they got in that way or through a rear door that was left unlocked or unlocked by one of the children and went unnoticed by the adults.

Also, if the mother was involved why would she have purchased gasoline? She wouldn't. She'd have probably siphoned it before going to purchase it or found some other type of flamable accelerant in the home.

That .57 cents worth of gasoline is what is throwing me.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.

Mariha's mother, 24-year-old Konesha Smith, had a lie detector test at a Detroit police precinct starting at 9 a.m. this morning, family members said. As of 1:30 p.m. she was still with police.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110725/...#ixzz1T97VE4f9
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:15 PM

"I suspect my niece is still alive," Mariha's aunt, Dominique Poole, 29, said. "And I just pray whoever's got her just brings her back home because we care about our kids."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110725/...#ixzz1T97jIu7I
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Looking again at the photo of the home attached in the following post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - AMBER ALERT: Mariha Trenice Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

It looks like the front screen door locks with a key. Do they lock both the storm and screen doors with keys and were both locked with keys when Mariha went missing?

There is not enough room on the right side of the house to take a child and not be heard due to the proximity of the house next door. IF that house is occupied. IF the home is vacant it would have provided obstruction from the view of seeing the perp.

The front of the house appears to have hosta's? or some kind of ground covering plant bordering most of the front of the house. If someone stepped along this area checking the windows that would be evident as the plants would show evidence of someone walking along them.

The house looks like it has a basement of some sort. Someone could have entered through an unlocked window going into the basement. Does the basement have walkdown stairs in the rear? If so, maybe they got in that way or through a rear door that was left unlocked or unlocked by one of the children and went unnoticed by the adults.

Also, if the mother was involved why would she have purchased gasoline? She wouldn't. She'd have probably siphoned it before going to purchase it or found some other type of flamable accelerant in the home.

That .57 cents worth of gasoline is what is throwing me.
I don't think the mother purchased the gasoline.

I don't think the mother killed her.

But, I think the mother could have been involved in the disappearance.

JMO
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
Cubby, it looks like Mariha has 3 younger siblings.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110725/...#ixzz1T9LYTx17
If she has three younger siblings, plus cousins were there. We all know little kids even as young as 2 can work door locks.

I'm interested in knowing if Mariha was sleeping closest to a window or better yet entry to a door way.

We all know Polly Klaas was abducted while many were in the home including her parents, so sadly it is possible. In this case the home is small but with many people being there the adults may be used to hearing movement and have not been awoken.

jmo

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:18 PM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

Ok, Me bad....

http://www.freep.com/article/2011072...yssey=nav|head

QS the sister in this video states at the 1:06 mark:

My Sister broke her leg and the doctors gave her some pain pills

(I didn't notice a broken leg )

So she been taken them and she sleeps hard"
“These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Banned

I could be wrong, but my sense when I first read this story is that something happened to her in the house, then it was covered up. I think she probably is the girl found in the fire. I don't know anything about the family, but I wonder if she got her hands on someone's drugs or alcohol, given they were having a party til 3 AM, or somehow had an unattended accident, or someone under the influence lost their cool with her, or hurt her intentionally. Reminded me of the little boy who was initially reported missing, then it turned out the mom/stepdad covered up his death. Sorry that I can't remember his name. I really hope I'm wrong, as she looks like a cute lil bundle of sweetness. If it is her in the fire, at least she's geting hugs in heaven.

IMO

ETA: Could she have gotten into the pain pills mentioned above? Saw mom taking them and thought they were ok, or candy??
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I don't think the mother purchased the gasoline.

I don't think the mother killed her.

But, I think the mother could have been involved in the disappearance.

JMO

It's possible. It is possible there was abuse and it went too far and someone was going to help hide it. But the manner in which the child was found, crushed skull, burnt beyond recognition, fire started on a mattress screams pedofile to me. It hasn't been said whether Mariha was sexually abused or not prior to death.

IF the mom has any involvement my guess is perhaps it is more indirectly by choosing the wrong boyfriend. Maybe she had a male guest visiting prior to them going to sleep who left the door unlocked and came back later.........

jmo

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Verified Juanette

Quote:
Mariha's mother, 24-year-old Konesha Smith, had a lie detector test at a Detroit police precinct starting at 9 a.m. this morning, family members said. As of 1:30 p.m. she was still with police.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110725/...#ixzz1T97VE4f9
Hmmmm...that is interesting. If she passed with flying colors she would have been home before lunch, imo.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
Ok, Me bad....

http://www.freep.com/article/2011072...yssey=nav|head

QS the sister in this video states at the 1:06 mark:

My Sister broke her leg and the doctors gave her some pain pills

(I didn't notice a broken leg )

So she been taken them and she sleeps hard"
Did you notice that there was a person laying on the sofa in the interview?
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
It's possible. It is possible there was abuse and it went too far and someone was going to help hide it. But the manner in which the child was found, crushed skull, burnt beyond recognition, fire started on a mattress screams pedofile to me. It hasn't been said whether Mariha was sexually abused or not prior to death.

IF the mom has any involvement my guess is perhaps it is more indirectly by choosing the wrong boyfriend. Maybe she had a male guest visiting prior to them going to sleep who left the door unlocked and came back later.........

jmo
Or perhaps he was her dealer.
Drug debts are paid in many ways.

JMO
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Adji Desir, missing from Florida since January 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek&Find View Post
I could be wrong, but my sense when I first read this story is that something happened to her in the house, then it was covered up. I think she probably is the girl found in the fire. I don't know anything about the family, but I wonder if she got her hands on someone's drugs or alcohol, given they were having a party til 3 AM, or somehow had an unattended accident, or someone under the influence lost their cool with her, or hurt her intentionally. Reminded me of the little boy who was initially reported missing, then it turned out the mom/stepdad covered up his death. Sorry that I can't remember his name. I really hope I'm wrong, as she looks like a cute lil bundle of sweetness. If it is her in the fire, at least she's geting hugs in heaven.

IMO

ETA: Could she have gotten into the pain pills mentioned above? Saw mom taking them and thought they were ok, or candy??
The cause of death of the girl in the fire is said to be asphyxia.

Quote:
"The Medical Examiner's office completed the autopsy this morning and ruled the cause of death as asphyxia," he said, adding the death is considered a homicide. "The medical examiner determined the little girl died before the fire."
From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110725/...#ixzz1T9ARveZ5
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:

I watched again. It also looked like the mother was being interviewed in front of a gas station at the beginning of the video.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
Hmmmm...that is interesting. If she passed with flying colors she would have been home before lunch, imo.
I have a feeling something isn't adding up.

JMO
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:31 PM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

I wondered if drugs were making her sleep heavy, whether legal or not.

So from what I'm reading here, one article says they have a POI in their custody at this time and then another report says the mom is with LE being questioned?

Am I adding this up right because I'm not liking the sum of the equation.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
I wondered if drugs were making her sleep heavy, whether legal or not.

So from what I'm reading here, one article says they have a POI in their custody at this time and then another report says the mom is with LE being questioned?

Am I adding this up right because I'm not liking the sum of the equation.
I think you calculations are correct.

The mom even said LE thinks she is a suspect.

Now, I'm sure she used the term suspect to say they suspect her of something, not that she has been named a suspect.
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
Old 07-25-2011, 03:33 PM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that...

I think there are many people who are in and out of that house,

I didn't see any finger print dust on the window, I wonder why???
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
Yeah, I saw that...

I think there are many people who are in and out of that house,

I didn't see any finger print dust on the window, I wonder why???
Maybe LE threw that theory out early.
Or maybe they cleaned it???
Who knows.

Something is not right.

JMO
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
Old 07-25-2011, 03:36 PM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

For someone to burn the body, it would call attention to it right away,

I am thinking they really needed to destroy evidence bad and make it hard to identify that little angel.

WHY!!!!

ETA: and why Crush the skull she was already dead by asphyxiation!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Where is Kyron?

I find this interesting (bbm and snipped):

Quote:
The Southeast Michigan Crimes Against Children Task Force is investigating the kidnapping and has a person of interest in custody, FBI Special Agent Sandra Berchtold said. Multiple family members said they did not recognize the person of interest from a blurry photo police showed them.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110725/...#ixzz1T9DltOhU
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Where is Kyron?

So from the above article, I am thinking:

-The "blurry" photo may have been taken from surveliance- perhaps the person that purchased the gas?
-Mom is being questioned extensively as to her connection with this man.

I fear this is gonna wind up like Shaniya's case

What I don't get is the cracked skull. Could there have been abuse/accident and she was hurt, then strangled as to cover up the abuse or accident?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread