Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 03:37 PM

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who's hubby is a trucker. She said that although he gets hired for lots of different jobs, sometimes he does make the same runs over and over and over again and that he has favorite little hole in the wall restaurants that he goes to every time he passes them and places that are out of the way where he can and does sleep besides just truck stops. I wonder if there are any truckers that use that restaurant and parking lot on a regular basis who may have seen Celina or her sister more than once and knew they were there.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HRCODEPINK For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 03:38 PM

If her computer shows that she was lured outside by someone with a non-local IP, I don't think they would be so heavily searching bodies of water, etc...but perhaps she was lured out or went out to meet someone she knew locally. The fact that she either never changed into pajamas, or got dressed again at some point in the same clothes she was last seen in, seems to point to her having at least left the home on her own, IMO, as it is unlikely a perp would want to be in the house long enough for her to dress again, or that he would come in early enough that she would have still been awake and dressed. JMO

It can't take very long to look up IP addresses, can it? And I can't imagine she was "talking" to dozens of people online.

My guess is either she went out to meet someone she "trusted" or that something happened within the the family and household members. I'm not seeing a total stranger/non-local, as I still think the computer would have to be key and yet LE seems to be sticking very close to her home and anyone from the "outside" surely would have taken her away in a car very quickly.

JMO
Old 07-31-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
If her computer shows that she was lured outside by someone with a non-local IP, I don't think they would be so heavily searching bodies of water, etc...but perhaps she was lured out or went out to meet someone she knew locally. The fact that she either never changed into pajamas, or got dressed again at some point in the same clothes she was last seen in, seems to point to her having at least left the home on her own, IMO, as it is unlikely a perp would want to be in the house long enough for her to dress again, or that he would come in early enough that she would have still been awake and dressed. JMO

It can't take very long to look up IP addresses, can it? And I can't imagine she was "talking" to dozens of people online.

My guess is either she went out to meet someone she "trusted" or that something happened within the the family and household members. I'm not seeing a total stranger/non-local, as I still think the computer would have to be key and yet LE seems to be sticking very close to her home and anyone from the "outside" surely would have taken her away in a car very quickly.

JMO
I tend to think that if Celina was lured outside it was by someone local. Maybe too much emphasis is being placed on the computer. Maybe it was someone she actaully knew and spoke to in" real life " on a regular basis. If she had a "boyfriend " in real life, I wonder if she would have discussed him with the other girls at the sleepover ? MOO
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
I tend to think that if Celina was lured outside it was by someone local. Maybe too much emphasis is being placed on the computer. Maybe it was someone she actaully knew and spoke to in" real life " on a regular basis. If she had a "boyfriend " in real life, I wonder if she would have discussed him with the other girls at the sleepover ? MOO
I am not hung up on the computer, other than being told that she was on it last time she was seen, and no one has mentioned her being on the phone. If she went out to meet someone, arrangements would have had to have been made at some point. Of course, perhaps she stayed dressed as she already had made an appointment.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent99 View Post
I have not followed this case as closely as some of you so can someone please tell me if it is true that I just read on twitter that the step-dad is now a person of interest?
Nothing has been posted here about that.
On whose twitter did you see this?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peace9274 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granna6 View Post
I'm sure that one reason the home has not yielded much is because her DNA would be all over the place since she lived there, as would the SF's DNA (which would also match the male SOs in his family). Even if they suspected the SF/his relatives in some way, the home is full of DNA evidence that would not help them draw further conclusions.

I had a weird thought that I'm sure can easily be dismissed. Still, it occurred to me that it may be possible that the SF was communicating online with Celina from another computer in the home. Could he himself have "lured" her outside, posing as someone else? Obviously if there was only one home computer, then that theory is already shot down. But if there are two, I guess it's always possible.
Don't lose hope on that! While the SFs DNA would be expected to be everywhere, the relatives are a different story and hopefully are in the VT database. DNA could be done, even though they are relatives. Everyone's DNA is different except identical twins. And even in those cases, over time, as they grow older, their DNA is not always the same. Hair with roots can provide nuclear DNA, as well as blood, urine, bone, tissue, teeth, etc.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HRCODEPINK For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:07 PM

I just started following this person on twitter this afternoon and she said that they believe that some of the postings on the computer from Celina are really from the stepdad and he is still posting crazy things on his facebook page. Don't know if this is just a local rumour or not. I will keep checking with this person to find out more.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Agent99 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I just started following this person on twitter this afternoon and she said that they believe that some of the postings on the computer from Celina are really from the stepdad and he is still posting crazy things on his facebook page. Don't know if this is just a local rumour or not. I will keep checking with this person to find out more.
There doesn't appear to be any new activity on his page...except 2 fewer friends than yesterday.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
The only thing that I have seen change on his facebook is that he has lost 2 more friends. 153 and dropping....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HRCODEPINK For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:13 PM

Red Flags Summary

Hello all; I also find this story heartwrenching. An innocent child in a small northern ne idyllic community somehow make it more tragic to me. I think the people here put together the important facts in the case many posts back.
- (orage flag) last reported seen by sf__ reason: not mother?
- (red flag) last computer usage (per members here scrutinizing facebook) a day ((or 2?)) Before reported missing : assuming that prior to that she showed a history of routine usage.
- (red flag)older daughter {big sis} away on sleepover during questionable period :__reason: overly cooincidental opportunity.
- (red flag) new step-family (sf sb) only living with her since october
- (reg flag) new step family relations have unusual occurence of sexual arrest
- (red flag)daughter goes to find out if sister was at friends house (why not phone?) __ reason: was sister suspicious? was someone in the house trying to downplay the need to be alarmed - thus not phoning?
- (red flag) friend is initial one to phone 911 - did she base her judgement off sis's feelings? did sis ask her to phone? -->as was stated earlier the person who phoned 911 holds key 'character witness' type information.
Some people here have mentioned the sf becoming an early-on spokesperson suspicious. I do not find this signals of a 'control' personality, but believe it possible that le themselves may have subtly manipulated him into this: reason: "anythig you say can and will.." the more a (in this case unnamed) suspect talks, the more you may have on him.
Why I believe this is now a murder investigation:
- decreased searches - increased investigation.
- searches in areas only a body would be ( water ).
- asking friends to not speak to media other than "no comment" (if true) could make sense when building up a case against an individual, but could not make sense in trying to find a missing person.
Sorry for the large 1st post, it's all imho. I feel so badly about this case - just looking at the vast wild areas on google maps; there are countless places a criminal could hide evidence. My prayers for CC and those who care for her.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Semper Fi

Is there a clear discription of the shoes Celina was wearing or not wearing? TIA.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Wow--how confusing for LE if they're having to distinguish between SF's posts and those by Celina. It would mean he would have her FB password--right?. (I don't use FB, so I don's know all the ins and outs.) What sort of "crazy things" are still appearing on his FB page? You'd think his FB would've long ago closed down or been taken down.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Granna6 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Wow--how confusing for LE if they're having to distinguish between SF's posts and those by Celina. It would mean he would have her FB password--right?. (I don't use FB, so I don's know all the ins and outs.) What sort of "crazy things" are still appearing on his FB page? You'd think his FB would've long ago closed down or been taken down.
If she has her own computer, her password is probably stored, so he would not have to know it to post. I would imagine a lot of kids just leave their FB page ready to use. The only time I have to sign in is when I actually reboot the computer.

But as this is just another rumor, who knows. Computers could be irrelevant to this case.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Just curious - doesn't le have the families computers for comp. forensics?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Can you post a link to this or something? Was is MSM or a blogger or someone just saying it? Anything at all that can we can use to verify the validity of it. Its hard to say what is true, when we can't see it. I havee seen NOTHING that says that anyone is a POI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Hello all; I also find this story heartwrenching. An innocent child in a small northern ne idyllic community somehow make it more tragic to me. I think the people here put together the important facts in the case many posts back.
- (orage flag) last reported seen by sf__ reason: not mother?
- (red flag) last computer usage (per members here scrutinizing facebook) a day ((or 2?)) Before reported missing : assuming that prior to that she showed a history of routine usage. @@Last post was from a game she was playing around 8:15ish on the 23rd
- (red flag)older daughter {big sis} away on sleepover during questionable period :__reason: overly cooincidental opportunity.
- (red flag) new step-family (sf sb) only living with her since october @@Where did you hear this or see this? It is my understanding that they were married in October, but there has been no word of how long he has lived there and I can't really see them saving themselves for each other before marriage. Has he only lived there that long?
- (reg flag) new step family relations have unusual occurence of sexual arrest
- (red flag)daughter goes to find out if sister was at friends house (why not phone?) __ reason: was sister suspicious? was someone in the house trying to downplay the need to be alarmed - thus not phoning?
- (red flag) friend is initial one to phone 911 - did she base her judgement off sis's feelings? did sis ask her to phone? -->as was stated earlier the person who phoned 911 holds key 'character witness' type information.
@@@Do you have a source where you have seen this also? Not questioning your credibility, but we have all be trying to figure out if she was the first or just one of the people to call 911 and I am still really curious about this!!
Some people here have mentioned the sf becoming an early-on spokesperson suspicious. I do not find this signals of a 'control' personality, but believe it possible that le themselves may have subtly manipulated him into this: reason: "anythig you say can and will.." the more a (in this case unnamed) suspect talks, the more you may have on him.
Why I believe this is now a murder investigation:
- decreased searches - increased investigation.
- searches in areas only a body would be ( water ).
- asking friends to not speak to media other than "no comment" (if true) could make sense when building up a case against an individual, but could not make sense in trying to find a missing person.
Sorry for the large 1st post, it's all imho. I feel so badly about this case - just looking at the vast wild areas on google maps; there are countless places a criminal could hide evidence. My prayers for CC and those who care for her.
Welcome to WS!! My questions/comments in red

Quote:
I don't know that we know this to be a fact yet. And nothing new is on his fb.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HRCODEPINK For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Just curious - doesn't le have the families computers for comp. forensics?
Yes, they do! But haven't said anything to MSM about what was on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
Is there a clear discription of the shoes Celina was wearing or not wearing? TIA.
All I have seen said was that she was "wearing shoes," No description.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HRCODEPINK For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I just started following this person on twitter this afternoon and she said that they believe that some of the postings on the computer from Celina are really from the stepdad and he is still posting crazy things on his facebook page.

Don't know if this is just a local rumour or not. I will keep checking with this person to find out more.
BBM

As Hans Landa said: [to Perrier LaPardite]
"I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, where rumors, true or false, are often revealing."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peace9274 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:38 PM

@@Last post was from a game she was playing around 8:15ish on the 23rd.
..> I believe she was reported missing on the Mon. 25th? this would be 2 day's after her last comp. usage.
@@Where did you hear this or see this? It is my understanding that they were married in October, but there has been no word of how long he has lived there and I can't really see them saving themselves for each other before marriage. Has he only lived there that long?
..> My blunder; I assumed this.
@@@Do you have a source where you have seen this also? Not questioning your credibility, but we have all be trying to figure out if she was the first or just one of the people to call 911 and I am still really curious about this!!
..> blunder2: i only got this from an earlier post here - no other source. The post may have been speculation which I took for fact.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I really didn't want to say that, but i definately thought something like this OR even that her stepfather and/or his RSO relative could have been chatting w/ her, gaining her trust, pretending to be someone else and lured her away somehow. I really hate to type this out, but this case reminds me of Brooke from VT .
I sooooo hope it's not true.
Please God.....bring Celina hope safely.
and all the things we didn't say...
I wonder if you misunderstood,
cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
to make you stay.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to soyesterday For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
@@Last post was from a game she was playing around 8:15ish on the 23rd.
..> I believe she was reported missing on the Mon. 25th? this would be 2 day's after her last comp. usage. @@I was clarifying when since you said a day (or 2), not being snarky. I hope you didn't take it that way.
@@Where did you hear this or see this? It is my understanding that they were married in October, but there has been no word of how long he has lived there and I can't really see them saving themselves for each other before marriage. Has he only lived there that long?
..> My blunder; I assumed this. @@Gotcha! Could be so, I just don't see it with all the kids and different last names. I am also assuming tho, when I say I don't think they just moved in together after marriage. Your assumption could be correct.
..> blunder2: i only got this from an earlier post here - no other source. The post may have been speculation which I took for fact.
@@@Well, if you find anything that says one way or the other for sure, let us know. That is one of the main questions I am on the lookout for!
Thank you!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to HRCODEPINK For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:44 PM

Re who called 911 first...

From the many different posts & comments, I came to the conclusion that CC's sister (KL)
went by foot to several places looking for her. When she reached the friend's house, the
friend's mother immediately called 911. (I don't recall what time it was.)

Sometime during the time that CC's sister (KL) was out on foot, CC's mother or SF or SB,
called 911, also. (I don't know the time for this call either.)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peace9274 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:45 PM
I may lean, but I sit on a fence

Just remember that there is also a rumor out there (posted by either a family member or a close family friend) that everyone in the house took and passed polygraphs. It was posted in some comments on the Celina Cass is Missing FB page.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCODEPINK View Post
Yes, they do! But haven't said anything to MSM about what was on it...
But if le has computers, how is sf posting on facebook?

*(my sorded thoughts: assuming sf has family members who have sexual convictions [i believe this was stated in posts here]; could they have legal restrictions on computer usage? if so; could sf let them use his id and create a facebook account which they actually use? My thinking is sf wife would not tolerate such a fb page by her husband, but if it were for his relatives use, a wife would not care so much. this would explain it still being up and posted to and having all the sorded women on it)
The Following User Says Thank You to Shane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:48 PM
I may lean, but I sit on a fence

Quote:
But if le has computers, how is sf posting on facebook?

*(my sorded thoughts: assuming sf has family members who have sexual convictions [i believe this was stated in posts here]; could they have legal restrictions on computer usage? if so; could sf let them use his id and create a facebook account which they actually use? My thinking is sf wife would not tolerate such a fb page by her husband, but if it were for his relatives use, a wife would not care so much. this would explain it still being up and posted to and having all the sorded women on it)
SF IS NOT posting on FB since around 9am the morning she went missing.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Pensfan, for your insightful posts. You're educating me (us) about certain aspects of PS. Our family has dealt with brain injury and another member with psychosis. I've never heard of LE intervention for PS. Does it fit under "danger to himself and others" criteria? My understanding is that adults can refuse meds for psychosis? This was the issue with my 19-year-old nephew who refused. His parents were not allowed to insist (although they found a roundabout way to get him to take them), Still, he eventually resisted taking his meds and finally committed suicide when in the throes of psychotic thinking.
I am so very sorry for your loss

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flossie JMO For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread