Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Better Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWN TREADER View Post
Just once I wish one of these primetime pro-defense talking heads would look straight into the camera and tell viewers how they really feel about a little girl named Caylee Marie Anthony being betrayed first, by the very people who were supposed to look out for her (family) and second, by the justice system which failed to hold anyone accountable for her death by homicide then putting her lifeless, triple bagged little body in a garbage-strewn swamp to secretly, silently rot away.
One did!
Judge Pirro let her have it!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:34 AM

If I hear "double jeopardy" one more time I'll scream. Please...if she had been dragged into jail to serve and now has to serve again I could see it. She was there ANYWAY! Probation was a perk, not a punishment. She got to get out of her cell the one whole time her PO met with her. Otherwise, she was doing nothing different than she would have!!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Author I'd die for you & White Satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna82437 View Post
The sad part is the SA does not intend to ask for probation either. IF they even attend. So sad.
How about the bank attorneys? They paid Amy so maybe they have a slight interest?
First ten to IM me will get a free copy sent to them.
Des Sands
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesSands For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
They had video tape...seems like that is what you have to have to get a guilty verdict...and that might be iffy.
Audio tape, apparently of Jeffs actually having sex with a 12 year old.... They also had the 15 year old mother whose baby had Jeff's DNA. That's plus one for TX, but still minus one because despite overwhelming evidence that this group routinely allows underage girls to be married to older men, that s apparently accepts pedophillia as a matter of course and out of which many adolescent boys are banished, abandoned, cut off from their families and emotionally abused to fend for themselves to allow a few men more wives, children were sent back unsupervised into this lifestyle.

Last edited by yolorado; 08-05-2011 at 08:55 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yolorado For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
Well, she wasn't actually in solitary confinement, she was in protective custody and that must have been an OC Jail decision for her safety don't you think? I have no idea if a person gets to say "oh no thanks" if a jail wants to keep you in seclusion for your own safety from other prisoners...
Yes, that is my point here. You can be in protective custody your your own safety. Either safety from yourself or safety from other inmates. Usually that is a 1 for 1 situation on time served. But if it is protective custody for the other inmates, then it is usually a 2 for 1 deal on time served. I have never heard any clarification on this important item.

And the public has the legal right to know here!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenato5 View Post
I agree and am so sad. Everyone so concerned about FCA's safety and no one kept Caylee safe or is being held accountable for her death.

Well we are about to find out if Judge Perry even knows who Caylee is. His ruling will show that. I sure hope he remembers what started this mess. A 2 year old innocence child death.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Author I'd die for you & White Satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
So KC had 13 felony counts reduced to 7, 4 counts of lying to LE with a maximum sentence and 1 year's probation all served within a three year sentence, minus the time she spent out on bond. Won't other prisoners want the same treatment??? jmo
I would hope if I got into a jam or anyone in my family, we can request KC type justice. Misty Cummings is no angel, but she's serving 25 yrs. for being caught with 100 pills?? Some type justice down der in Fla.
First ten to IM me will get a free copy sent to them.
Des Sands
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DesSands For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesSands View Post
I would hope if I got into a jam or anyone in my family, we can request KC type justice. Misty Cummings is no angel, but she's serving 25 yrs. for being caught with 100 pills?? Some type justice down der in Fla.
Here in Colorado, Lisl Auman served 8 years for a murder committed while she was sitting handcuffed in the back of a police car. Our system is hosed all the way around. 25 years for drugs, 10 years for having ridden in a car driven by a guy who later shot a police officer. Freedom for the demise of a child. Whenever I hear someone talk about how great our justice system is, I want to scream!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to yolorado For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolorado View Post
Here in Colorado, Lisl Auman served 10 years for a murder committed while she was sitting handcuffed in the back of a police car. Our system is hosed all the way around. 25 years for drugs, 10 years for having ridden in a car driven by a guy who later shot a police officer. Freedom for the demise of a child. Whenever I hear someone talk about how great our justice system is, I want to scream!
As I understand the case, Lisl Auman should not have been sentenced to life but she has very dirty hands in the death of the Denver cop. I think she orchestrated the break-in, recruited and gave the gun to the guy who ended up killing the police officer. She had been caught and was in cop car with handcuffs but her accomplice was still trying to flee and used said gun to kill a Denver police officer.

Verdict of jury was guilty but was overturned based on jury instructions which included word "knowingly". I believe she served 7 1/2 years.

You are right though, Yolorado. There are far too many screw ups with the end result being a less than "best in the world" justice system.

I agree - it makes you want to scream. Recently what rings my bell is the: "You must respect the jury's decision".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Italy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italy View Post
As I understand the case, Lisl Auman should not have been sentenced to life but she has very dirty hands in the death of the Denver cop. I think she orchestrated the break-in, recruited and gave the gun to the guy who ended up killing the police officer. She had been caught and was in cop car with handcuffs but her accomplice was still trying to flee and used said gun to kill a Denver police officer.

Verdict of jury was guilty but was overturned based on jury instructions which included word "knowingly". I believe she served 7 1/2 years.

You are right though, Yolorado. There are far too many screw ups with the end result being a less than "best in the world" justice system.

I agree - it makes you want to scream. Recently what rings my bell is the: "You must respect the jury's decision".
She didn't kill the cop. She was sitting in police custody, in the back of patrol car, in handcuffs, when Officer VanderJagt was shot. The time she seved was probably about right for what she actually did. She was over charged because a wonderful police officer was murdered and Jaehnig, who shot him, committed suicide on the spot and couldn't be held accountable. Case hits home for me. I was on my way to pick up my kids from school when the police helecopter flew over my head. Several of my kids friends had attended the elementary school right next to where the chase ended and the murder occurred (while Lisl was under arrest and didn't shoot anyone). The kids attended one of the same schools that the Aumens attended and one my children knew her brother. One child's good friend was a neighbor of Officer VanderJagt and his family and my friends had been a neighbor of the killer's family (although, no joke, had moved because they didn't like having them as neighbors.) I have family in law enforcement and always have a problem with any violence directed against officers, but whatever Auman did that day, she didn't shoot VanderJagt.

Last edited by yolorado; 08-05-2011 at 09:59 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yolorado For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
The Florida justice system is seriously flawed!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TexanMom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
She didn't kill the cop. She was sitting in police custody, in the back of patrol car, in handcuffs, when Officer VanderJagt was shot. The time she seved was probably about right for what she actually did. She was over charged because a wonderful police officer was murdered and Jaehnig, who shot him, committed suicide on the spot and couldn't be held accountable. Case hits home for me. I was on my way to pick up my kids from school when the police helecopter flew over my head. Several of my kids friends had attended the elementary school right next to where the chase ended and the murder occurred (while Lisl was under arrest and didn't shoot anyone). The kids attended one of the same schools that the Aumens attended and one my children knew her brother. One child's good friend was a neighbor of Officer VanderJagt and his family and my friends had been a neighbor of the killer's family (although, no joke, had moved because they didn't like having them as neighbors.) I have family in law enforcement and always have a problem with any violence directed against officers, but whatever Auman did that day, she didn't shoot VanderJagt.
Thanks Yolorado. I can certainly see why it hits home for you. Sad and awful story. I didn't know the killer committed suicide. Thanks for your post.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Italy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu7 View Post
Well we are about to find out if Judge Perry even knows who Caylee is. His ruling will show that. I sure hope he remembers what started this mess. A 2 year old innocence child death.
Judge Perry is going to go by the letter of the law and that is what he should be doing, imo. This should not be decided on emotion because KC was found innocent of a crime most feel she did.

He is going by case law only on this and he should. Also, even if he decides she has to serve (which is possible), they most likely will do administrative probation to protect her safety. She is being threatened constantly as are her attorneys - so if she has administrative probation, the people who are threatening her can thank themselves for it. I think Judge Perry did an excellent job on this case - it was a case that needed to be handled sagely and he did that. It is in no way his fault that the jury came back with the verdict they did.

That is how I see it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solace For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Judge Perry is going to go by the letter of the law and that is what he should be doing, imo. This should not be decided on emotion because KC was found innocent of a crime most feel she did.

He is going by case law only on this and he should. Also, even if he decides she has to serve (which is possible), they most likely will do administrative probation to protect her safety. She is being threatened constantly as are her attorneys - so if she has administrative probation, the people who are threatening her can thank themselves for it. I think Judge Perry did an excellent job on this case - it was a case that needed to be handled sagely and he did that. It is in no way his fault that the jury came back with the verdict they did.

That is how I see it.
Yaknow, because of the way things turned out, I want to dislike JP...but somehow, I just can't do it. I liked the guy during the trial and I still like him now. I do think he bent over (probably a little too far) backward trying to have the case NOT overturned on appeal (quite possibly because he was very sure that she would be convicted.) I think he often scolded JA, when he shouldn't have because JA was completely in the right, just to even it up because JB rightfully needed so much scolding. But still, the guy tries really hard to do the right thing using what he has to work with in "the law." It comes through. Even though, I hate the KC verdict and will never understand or accept how our system allowed this travesty, I can't help but think JP did an overall good job under the circumstances.

As to the threats, what threats? I tend to think the serious threat thingie is way overstated. There are too many pro-defense spokespersons who seem to construe any disagreement with the verdict as a "threat" and are way too quick to throw around terms like "vigilante" and "mob." They need to read the constitution and get to know words such as "right to protest," and "freedom of speech!" I think there may have been a FEW credible threats which should be investigated and charges filed if appropriate. Have there been investigations and or charges? However, I think the DT is as guilty of "overcharging" on the threat issue as they say the prosecution was in charging KC.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yolorado For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:

As to the threats, what threats? I tend to think the serious threat thingie is way overstated. There are too many pro-defense spokespersons who seem to construe any disagreement with the verdict as a "threat" and are way too quick to throw around terms like "vigilante" and "mob." They need to read the constitution and get to know words such as "right to protest," and "freedom of speech!" I think there may have been a FEW credible threats which should be investigated and charges filed if appropriate. Have there been investigations and or charges? However, I think the DT is as guilty of "overcharging" on the threat issue as they say the prosecution was in charging KC.
I don't want to get off topic here and thanks for your post.

As far as threats go, one can go to Youtube and see the street trash outside of the KC home - one woman in particular who I think we have all seen telling Cindy to "shake it" was particulary disgusting.

Cheney's wife called the police over threats - the 911 call was played for everyone and his mother. I would agree that most of the threats are nothing, but you can never be sure and Perry has to take this into consideration. A woman's car was hit right after KC was released and it rolled over because she looked like KC.

This is what it is and there are lots of threats - it can't be denied. So now Perry has to take that into consideration. The Jurors were threatened and Perry read some of the threats when the media wanted the names released.

If she gets probation at all, it will be administrative and her address will be her attorney's.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
Oh Schu, I hope so too ! That "sentencing hearing" was all "messed up" with incorrect time served, etc., and it needs to be "straightened out" ...

JP clearly stated the 4 counts lying to LE to be served "consecutively" so how in the world could CFCA serve the check charges "concurrently" with the lying charges ? This needs to be fixed !

MOO MOO MOO ...
I have wondered that since the day she was sentenced.

Let's do the math - she was in jail for 3 years.

When she was convicted of the check charges, she was sentenced to time served = 2 yrs.

3 yrs - 2 yrs = 1 year remaining. If that third year was her year on 'probation', then she still has FOUR years to serve on the lying charges!

Or, if HHJP considers that third year as the equivalent of her time 'owed' for the lying charges, then she has to serve a year of supervised probation.

But I continue to ask, WHAT ABOUT SENTENCING FOR THE OTHER SEVEN CHARGES THAT HHJS WITHHELD SENTENCING ON?????
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jcamille For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

Quote:
Yup! Makes me sick! I did 6 years probation/suspended sentence (If I so much as spit on the side walk and got caught, it could be a violation and they could make me serve the 6 years), 250 hours of community service (If I failed to show up, they could violate me and make me serve the time) manditory psych meds and therapy, drug testing, and couldn't associate with my mother (or any other felon, which is every member of my family) because we were arrested together. For selling 2 Oxycontin and 4 Klonopin to a "friend". I was facing 15 years in prison. I'm not whining.. I did wrong and I know it.. I'm fine with all that I just resent that others can just walk away like nothing ever happened.. no price to pay at all when others work hard to prove themselves.. do the work. There is something wrong in Florida and as I've said all along, the judge in this case just does not impress me.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Verified Paralegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
Yup! Makes me sick! I did 6 years probation/suspended sentence (If I so much as spit on the side walk and got caught, it could be a violation and they could make me serve the 6 years), 250 hours of community service (If I failed to show up, they could violate me and make me serve the time) manditory psych meds and therapy, drug testing, and couldn't associate with my mother (or any other felon, which is every member of my family) because we were arrested together. For selling 2 Oxycontin and 4 Klonopin to a "friend". I was facing 15 years in prison. I'm not whining.. I did wrong and I know it.. I'm fine with all that I just resent that others can just walk away like nothing ever happened.. no price to pay at all when others work hard to prove themselves.. do the work. There is something wrong in Florida and as I've said all along, the judge in this case just does not impress me.
I was just talking about this on another thread, if the judge rules for Casey then every prisoner who is near probation is going to file that they are entitled to the same rights as she has. Especially the ones who are in there for non violent and petty crimes such as yours. It's not just Fl it's the entire prison system. We spend billions of tax dollars on our prison system every year and I don't hear a lot about what is going to be done to remedy this growing problem.
It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to legalmania For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Verified Paralegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamille View Post
I have wondered that since the day she was sentenced.

Let's do the math - she was in jail for 3 years.

When she was convicted of the check charges, she was sentenced to time served = 2 yrs.

3 yrs - 2 yrs = 1 year remaining. If that third year was her year on 'probation', then she still has FOUR years to serve on the lying charges!

Or, if HHJP considers that third year as the equivalent of her time 'owed' for the lying charges, then she has to serve a year of supervised probation.

But I continue to ask, WHAT ABOUT SENTENCING FOR THE OTHER SEVEN CHARGES THAT HHJS WITHHELD SENTENCING ON?????
Where I see the problem comes in is that 4 years is not really 4 years. You have to deduct good behavior and time served or something like that. When you are sequestered how can you not have good behavior? I agree it's like she didn't serve any time for the lying or the checks one of the two. Those are two different crimes. She didn't lie about the checks she lied about Caylees whereabouts. They need someone to take a good look into our prison system. It's become a very lucrative business that is costing way to much.
It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to legalmania For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 08:02 PM
WS Moderator

Quote:
Here in Colorado, Lisl Auman served 8 years for a murder committed while she was sitting handcuffed in the back of a police car. Our system is hosed all the way around. 25 years for drugs, 10 years for having ridden in a car driven by a guy who later shot a police officer. Freedom for the demise of a child. Whenever I hear someone talk about how great our justice system is, I want to scream!
It wasn't justice system that set KC free. It was 12 jurors who, for whatever reason, decided the state could not prove time or place of death so they ruled her not guilty. Had they listened to the jury instructions they would have known the state was not obligated to prove that. Americans have listening problems big time. jmo
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...

My brother got shot last Saturday night in a work related robbery. If his shooter and accomplices get FCA's kind of sentencing I will go freaking mad as will my family.

I sincerely hope this travesty with FCA is just a flaw in our judicial system and not where the system is at these days. I guess I will soon find out personally.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

That is how I see it.
I agree, and I hope if Casey has to serve probation, that it will be moved to another State and city, not in orlando. IMO she shouldn't have to pay the State for prosecuting her, but she should repay the cost of searching for Caylee when she knew all along she was dead. If Casey has to pay for the State prosecuting her, I think every time they prosecute someone and lose the defendant should have to pay the State for prosecuting THEM, which is totally RIDICULOUS.
The Following User Says Thank You to New1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagara View Post
My brother got shot last Saturday night in a work related robbery. If his shooter and accomplices get FCA's kind of sentencing I will go freaking mad as will my family.

I sincerely hope this travesty with FCA is just a flaw in our judicial system and not where the system is at these days. I guess I will soon find out personally.
So, sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he is on the mend and wish him well.
I do understand your concern and hope he receives justice.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:50 PM
If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagara View Post

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I worry for you, and for Tulessa's brother's killers' trial. I hope in both cases true justice is served. I seriously hope this verdict was just a fluke.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New1 View Post
I agree, and I hope if Casey has to serve probation, that it will be moved to another State and city, not in orlando. IMO she shouldn't have to pay the State for prosecuting her, but she should repay the cost of searching for Caylee when she knew all along she was dead. If Casey has to pay for the State prosecuting her, I think every time they prosecute someone and lose the defendant should have to pay the State for prosecuting THEM, which is totally RIDICULOUS.
FCA should have to pay for the costs she incurred for her lies, which includes the prosecution...it was an accident, an "accident" remember?