Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond

Notices

Recently Sentenced and Beyond This forum is for continued discussion about the recently sentenced.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Verified Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonders View Post
I know right? I was scared to death too. I wouldn't have been able to stand the devistation this wonderful family would have had to endure. Deliberations took less than 4 hours.
Well, in some jurisdictions it is similar to not guilty by reason of insanity. Or rather, it allows the person to be put in a mental institution INSTEAD of prison. That's what scared me. But, KY is different!:
Quote:
504.150 Sentence for person found guilty but mentally ill.
(1) The court shall sentence a defendant found guilty but mentally ill at the time of the offense to the local jail or to the Department of Corrections in the same manner as a defendant found guilty. If the defendant is found guilty but mentally ill, treatment shall be provided the defendant until the treating professional determines that the treatment is no longer necessary or until expiration of his sentence, whichever occurs first.
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/504-00/150.PDF

Either the jury wants to make sure what'shisface really understands the magnitude of what he did before he dies or they are leaning towards LWOP and feel he should receive treatment while serving his sentence.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
Whew!!! Let me tell ya' my heart skipped a beat or two. I couldn't figure out what it meant at first and I was scared! Thank goodness he will not escape justice for this.

Wow. I wonder how long they deliberated for? Off to read the articles.
They retired to the jury room at 12:30. At 3:30 Kevin and I heard the news crew say they had reached a verdict.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

Alan and Lisa Tackett. Murdered, March 2008. Sweet Justice, 2012
Old 04-26-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Well, in some jurisdictions it is similar to not guilty by reason of insanity. Or rather, it allows the person to be put in a mental institution INSTEAD of prison. That's what scared me. But, KY is different!:

Either the jury wants to make sure what'shisface really understands the magnitude of what he did before he dies or they are leaning towards LWOP and feel he should receive treatment while serving his sentence.
They don't play in Kentucky......
Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Verified Attorney

Less than 3 hours! They saw the truth. How did you bear up during the wait? Get better, friend. I am certain the toll of this made you sick.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
They retired to the jury room at 12:30. At 3:30 Kevin and I heard the news crew say they had reached a verdict.
They ate lunch first !!
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Our Royal Himalayan Gopher Hounds

Husband and I decided to go to Disney World for the afternoon/evening so I am just reading the thread now. I admit to logging onto WS from my phone while we were waiting for a Stunt Show to start and saw just that he was found guilty but mentally ill. I worried about that until I got home and started reading.

So glad that justice was served and served quickly. I know a lot of us are gun shy of juries now.

I had been telling husband about this case for the last few days. He kept saying don't get your hopes up too high remember what happened to us. In this case us meant the men and women who worked on Caylee's case. I guess it doesn't matter if I mention it now but my husband was the chief investigator for the ME's office who was there at the scene, brought Caylee out and he did testify at the trial.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

Are we ready for a GUILTY to be added to the title?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 PM
* * * * Desi * * * *

Justice.

Image: http://bit.ly/JKlUit

Big hugs to T and F.

Image: http://bit.ly/Ilscqk
Blaise Pascal
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Me - in the old country

Just want to do this

Tuleesa. So glad this part of it is over for you
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Peace Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
Husband and I decided to go to Disney World for the afternoon/evening so I am just reading the thread now. I admit to logging onto WS from my phone while we were waiting for a Stunt Show to start and saw just that he was found guilty but mentally ill. I worried about that until I got home and started reading.

So glad that justice was served and served quickly. I know a lot of us are gun shy of juries now.

I had been telling husband about this case for the last few days. He kept saying don't get your hopes up too high remember what happened to us. In this case us meant the men and women who worked on Caylee's case. I guess it doesn't matter if I mention it now but my husband was the chief investigator for the ME's office who was there at the scene, brought Caylee out and he did testify at the trial.
OMG Macushia - that must have been doubly painful for you and you DH - bless him for the work he does.
And yes - I have said please please please give Tulessa justice - don't let this be like Caylee- I know that's what she fears......so many times in the last few months in my prayers....so very very relieved for her and her family - now perhaps Tulessa can finally rest...
Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Peace Hawk

Quote:

My apologies! After all your posts I've read and all the respect I have for what you post - you'd think I'd have the decency to spell your name right when I say I hope you'll be by to clarify the verdict!!! Sorry - too late to edit!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
Are we ready for a GUILTY to be added to the title?
Yes my dear Kimster, All that's left is the sentencing phase which will wrap up Monday.

On a side note. I asked for prayers for Berry's family for a reason. Alan loved them. I didn't know until this trial how much they loved him. He (Berry ) had one brother & one sister to show up today & they waited until he left the court room before entering. We know this because they stood out side until he left, His only family member to attend, sat with us, We went and seen the babies, his brother and his grandpa( who is 102 and raising a garden again),He told me that death was too good for him hat he needed to do hard labor LOL! Brent told us today that NONE of Berry's family had anything negative to say about Alan. They all loved him & still don't understand why. Berry will take the why to his grave with him. Does anyone have an idea about how to go about writing a book and have the proceeds to go to the babies? I have written poetry and short stories but wouldn't know what the cost would be on writing a book. This would be a gift of love that would last them a life time.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Less than 3 hours! They saw the truth. How did you bear up during the wait? Get better, friend. I am certain the toll of this made you sick.
The only time I had trouble was when Brent brought out the gun and methodically, went through the steps Berry went through. He had to shoot, eject, put in another bullet and repeat, etc. I had to leave he court room then. I told Brent going in what I would have told our mother if she had still been alive, we will make you proud. He was scared to death we would make an outburst, as ALL prosecutors do, but we didn't want a mistrial either.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:52 AM
My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.

T, I'm worried about you cuz your sick. Please go see your dr tomorrow. That broncitis wont go away without an antibiotic. I love you.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:27 AM
Verified Attorney

Quote:
The only time I had trouble was when Brent brought out the gun and methodically, went through the steps Berry went through. He had to shoot, eject, put in another bullet and repeat, etc. I had to leave he court room then. I told Brent going in what I would have told our mother if she had still been alive, we will make you proud. He was scared to death we would make an outburst, as ALL prosecutors do, but we didn't want a mistrial either.
Now, unfortunately, you know what a lot of families have to go through, choking back the wail of misery fighting to come out. It just must be the worst. It's not right.

About the book. I think if you can find a publisher, they will publish and edit for free. You need to make a compelling outline of the what you intend the book to say. You might need to find a ghost writer. I think some publishers offer one. A ghost writer would help you create a narrative that is logical and resonates, because with the subject being so personal to you, a logical flow may be hard to maintain.

You might want to spend some time on the internet researching. What happened to your family IS compelling. Your fight for justice for your beautiful brother is heart wrenching and deserves to be told.

Hopefully, someone on here knows better than I do as to how to go about something like this. I hope you do it. It would be a real legacy for the babies.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Doer of Things

Just got the news. So thrilled! Tulessa, please see a doctor. It sounds like you are getting worse instead of better. Glad you don't have to be back in court until Monday. Please get some rest and get well.

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
=======================================

Forum: Jury Room
Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macushla View Post

OMG! I know exactly who your husband is! I've seen him on Dr. G. He lifted her out of the muck. God Bless him and everyone on his team. And you..it could not have been easy not to spill all and I know it was for the integrity of the case. I googled just to make sure he is who I thought and I wound up with the slideshow of the crime scene. It hurts even more now looking at those pics..last time I saw them I thought they were going to lead to justice.

Sorry for the O/T
Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 AM

So happy the jury came back quickly!

Tulessa, hoping your cold is gone this morning
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to w1df10wr For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1df10wr View Post
So happy the jury came back quickly!

Tulessa, hoping your cold is gone this morning
It's worse than a cold. I have been up since 12:30. I think I am going to lie down and pass out. Before I do, here is yesterdays video. My hunny has the blond pony tail . You will know me. I just had to wear my specks in case i had to read the impact statement. But that won't happen until Monday. it starts around the 4:25 mark. The guy that works with Brent said Brent tore those( trial by ambush experts) a new a$$ hole,. The doctor didn't even put in a diagnosis for Berry in his report.

http://www.wkyt.com/video

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonders View Post
T, I'm worried about you cuz your sick. Please go see your dr tomorrow. That broncitis wont go away without an antibiotic. I love you.
Going to bed now, I promise. I just can't get over those double rainbows, and guess where they ended? The block where Alan's babies live! If that wasn't a sign, I'll eat crow pie!

Old 04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Going to bed now, I promise. I just can't get over those double rainbows, and guess where they ended? The block where Alan's babies live! If that wasn't a sign, I'll eat crow pie!
You have yourself a good long rest and be sure and take care of yourself! It sure was a sign-I truly believe in special occurances like that. You keep that thought always, there's always someone looking out for you, there is always someone on your shoulder-never forget that
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BigMomma For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
It's worse than a cold. I have been up since 12:30. I think I am going to lie down and pass out. Before I do, here is yesterdays video. My hunny has the blond pony tail . You will know me. I just had to wear my specks in case i had to read the impact statement. But that won't happen until Monday. it starts around the 4:25 mark. The guy that works with Brent said Brent tore those( trial by ambush experts) a new a$$ hole,. The doctor didn't even put in a diagnosis for Berry in his report.

http://www.wkyt.com/video
So the jury will decide today 4/27 the sentence he shall receive? But before the judge fixes the sentence on Monday the family will give the impact statements? Am I understanding this correctly? If so will the jury be allowed to come for the impact statements and the sentence if they so choose?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
No need for that crow pie T.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 PM

T, I'm not trying to boss you around but I really wish you'd go to the dr. We're not going to be able to celebrate this victory in totality with this big old elephant hanging on to you. Please, I guess I'm begging you to go to the dr. If your not at your best then you can't be at your best for the children. Please consider it.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Doer of Things

Also, what if it worsens and you can't go to court Monday?

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
=======================================

Forum: Jury Room
Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post: