IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

Bloom-

Sorry I don't know how to quote a post from a previous thread but thanks for posting the link to the story about JW's attorney. You are absolutely correct -that is the same article to which I was referring! As I said, my memory isn't as young as it used to be (hee hee). I think when I read it, I surely thought it was referring to JR instead of JW. I know them by initials so I probably was confusing the names. I say this b/c I specifically remember thinking that it was about one of the boys of whom I'm suspicious, and JW isn't one of them anymore.

In reviewing the article that someone recently posted, (and I've read this before but thanks for bringing it up again!), I can't keep from thinking about this :

"There has been much speculation in the media about Lauren's disappearance. However, this is a fact ... Lauren last used her cell phone at 12:16 a.m., just after midnight as June 2 became June 3 when she was still safely in the confines of Smallwood. Consider that fact when you read about Lauren's case or hear her story. Let me repeat it: Lauren last used her cell phone at 12:16 a.m., just after midnight as June 2 became June 3 when she was still safely in the confines of Smallwood.

The purpose of what I am sharing with you is not to speculate about what happened. The purpose of this is to encourage people to take precautions to be safe." - C. Spierer

From this I get two things: 1. Charlene clearly wants us to know the facts, that LS had not used her phone after 12:16 and 2. Be safe and take precautions - have your phone with you. However, when I add these two together, I sense that she's implying that Lauren didn't have her phone with her after 12:16. I brought this up before but no one commented, so I'm doing so again. This really surprised me b/c prior to reading this, I'd thought LS had her phone then left it at the bar. Does anything think her phone may have been planted at the bar? If so, what are some scenarios?

We are not talking of their reference to her "friends," but rather their referring to the person responsible for LS's disappearance, and their explicitly naming JR and CR as persons whose stories they question. And as to "friends," LS may have met CR and MB the week before, but she had hung out with JR for a year, and was also friends with DR. By your same logic, they would not refer to JW as her "friend," but her boyfriend, and might well refer to HT and others as her roommates.

Hi AnalyticalExaminer - can you link up the bolded part for me, please? I watched the video of this this morning and I didn't hear any names being thrown around. Perhaps I missed it and it is actually in an article somewhere or something?

Thanks,

Salem

Hi AnalyticalExaminer - can you link up the bolded part for me, please? I watched the video of this this morning and I didn't hear any names being thrown around. Perhaps I missed it and it is actually in an article somewhere or something?

Thanks,

Salem

It's been linked and discussed at length in recent threads on this topic. I don't know whether they specifically "named" JR and CR, but they explicitly referred to JR's claim re the 4:15-30 time period, and CR's memory loss. They don't have to name names, because everyone knows who they are talking about.

For example: http://www.lohud.com/article/201109...nce-Parents-don-t-believe-her-college-friends

It's been linked and discussed at length in recent threads on this topic. I don't know whether they specifically "named" JR and CR, but they explicitly referred to JR's claim re the 4:15-30 time period, and CR's memory loss. They don't have to name names, because everyone knows who they are talking about.

For example: http://www.lohud.com/article/201109...nce-Parents-don-t-believe-her-college-friends

Here is your post to back to me regarding these names, in case you had forgotten: (bold is mine)

I have read, yes, that DEA raided ZO. However, I have not read that from any mainstream media or otherwise seemingly reliable source. In fact, I have yet to see any mainstream media source report anything of the sort, even without naming names. It is merely an anonymous forum commenter repeating an anonymous comment elsewhere. I'm sorry, but while I don't rule out the possibility that they are true, I don't credit anonymous comments, and don't think they should be treated as fact, because anyone can make up anything.

Possible they are true? The Spierers NEVER NAMED NAMES.

Whats it say! Stupid phone isnt giving me comment section!

It was an apparent attempted abduction of a blonde girl from the same alley that Lauren had walked through. A car pulled up and one guy got out and tried to grab the girl. Fortunately, there were 2 guys walking behind her that came to her safety. It was recent - like when the kids returned to school.

I have not found this to be in a news article so I am a little skeptical about its source and the possibility of someone deliberately trying to throw LE off the path of the POIs. I did a search a zillion different ways and came up with nothing. I read it somewhere but it could have just as easily been in a comment section as well. There was no news coverage of it in Bton that I know of.

It's a rather strange coincidence, but then again, not confirmed.

Edit - Bbirdii account is better than mine. I question the validity of this whole set up and boom, it happens. As if every blonde walking through that alley is a target. I have not seen any warnings to students or articles confirming so I'm not convinced this is entirely true. I wonder if they even called the cops or got a plate number for that matter. If they were there as a set up, one would think a plate no would be one of the first things they would get. JMO

I don't believe the story either. While I can definitfly believe something like this happened, I don't believe this person's account of it. Some red flags for me in wording and phrasing. However, the person gets points for being creative. Also s/he could be an actual witness of June 3 who already notified LE.

Thank u very much u guys! I appreciate it. Very interesting story. I do wish it would be someone other than the ppl she chose to surround herself with that night.

Thank u very much u guys! I appreciate it. Very interesting story. I do wish it would be someone other than the ppl she chose to surround herself with that night.

I also would not refer to him as Tony Gatto's mystery man when there was an actual witness to that event (apparently). It was TG that tried to make the connection to AB with the sideburns account from the witness but as I understood, she was shown a lineup of pics, with AB in it and didn't pick him out.

I also would not refer to him as Tony Gatto's mystery man when there was an actual witness to that event (apparently). It was TG that tried to make the connection to AB with the sideburns account from the witness but as I understood, she was shown a lineup of pics, with AB in it and didn't pick him out.

I don't think we know whether AB was in the lineup. Gatto just said it was a lineup of 6 pictures and that she was also shown a picture of CR (not clear if this is by the police or by Gatto) and that it wasn't him.

I don't think we know whether AB was in the lineup. Gatto just said it was a lineup of 6 pictures and that she was also shown a picture of CR (not clear if this is by the police or by Gatto) and that it wasn't him.

I think AB is obviously unrelated to the case. And so it seems to be ZO. The fact that he punched one of the POIs does not say much. Maybe he was trying to have LS stay at her home instead of following the POI who was with her.

One thing is for sure. Had she stayed at Smalwood that moment instead of leaving with the POI, she would almost certainly be alive today.

Actually, I'm rather interested in the second post in the Comments section (copied for cspring and others): "What really happened to Lauren? Lauren's keys were found one half block from the path she took to Jason Rosenbaum's. This makes me believe this was an abduction. Besides you have your keys in your hands on the way home, not on the way to a party. I think she dropped her keys at the spot where she was ambushed. I also suspect the attack on Corey Rossman at Smallwood is related. I think someone was also waiting for Lauren to walk back. No, I don't think it was a random person but instead someone acquainted with her."

While she may have had them on a wristlet or lanyard (???), that might have come off in a struggle. I've actually carried my keys as a form of protection/weapon in what I perceived as dangerous circumstances ... probably a rather useless thing to do, but I'd instinctively do this again, I believe. So I wonder about the keys ... did they fall when someone was carrying her or in another altercation? Or maybe she turned back for SW, carrying the keys, and was grabbed ... by someone who followed from SW or even by someone she was with who left her and perhaps doubled back? PS: This might imply she never made it to CR/MBs ...

(apologies if this appeared here earlier - tried to post a better-written, similar note last night and it vanished).

Anyone see Dateline NBC a couple of days ago? It had the story of Bethany Correira, who was sexually assaulted, murdered, and burned in a fire to destroy evidence in an adjacent building by her landlord. The detective on the case had a sister who suffered an almost identical outcome about 20 years earlier.

Brings to mind, the burned barn in Martinsville, IN, just 2 days after LS's disappearance. In my mind, here's the connection (as much as I loathe to make it): LS is Jewish. Her "friends"/POIs were mostly Jewish. Of them, a good number were former AEPis (a Jewish frat house, kicked off campus for bad behavior). A search of the barn's owner on spokeo.com (not necessarily a source I would take to the bank, but nonetheless a possibility) says that he is Jewish, and the business there is tree hauling and trucking. There are not many (any other?) Jews in Martinsville, IN. There are no synagogues there. The town has/had a reputation of being home to the KKK. What are the chances that two catastrophes involving Jewish people who might have tangentially known each other would happen so close in proximity and time to each other? What about JR's late night cell phone ping in Martinsville? Did AEPi ever host a dance/party at this barn? Again, according to spokeo.com, the owner, who is in his 50s has a son of the same name in his 20s.

None of this means that the barn owner knew anything, but the kids involved may have used this property. I also recall reading somewhere that the barn's owner was out of town at the time of the fire. My radar tells me the fire in the barn is a BIG factor here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail