Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Websleuth Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
BBM~~

About those sheets. Daughter JuM posted she went DTH the day after her father disappeared to supposedly change the sheets on Mr. Harrod's and Fontelle's bed. I guess that was a priority in her mind.

Another daughter, RB, posted her sister changed the sheets because the sheets Mr. Harrod had on the bed were "cheap and mismatched".

Yeah...you wanna say to the daughter, "And what business is it of yours what kind of sheets your daddy slept on?" If she really cared, she wouldn't say that about her daddy's sheets. She would protect his privacy and dignity. I think she went down there for pure greed and nosiness...shame, shame, shame!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
What happened to Bob Harrod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefner View Post
I think she went down there for pure greed and nosiness...shame, shame, shame!
I can think of a few reasons, none of which involve a patronizing gift of bedsheets. (How could she know they needed to be replaced, anyhow? She had spent almost no time with her father for years.)

Some (imo) strong possibilities:

-- cleaning up after (ahem) handyman work completed by her husband?
-- completing an inventory of items in the house?
-- making sure there was no evidence of a crime?
-- looking for and removing items?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
The underlined red is mine. Going to get or have already gotten? This estate with it's frozen assets has been under their control from 3/2010-the present. The trial is about breach of fiduciary responsibility, and I am curious as to specifically where the breach is.
Oh man, I don't know where I'd gotten the idea that new reps. had been appointed. Argh .. Thank you for setting me straight! Time for me to head back to the court records for a refresh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaryNo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
BBM~~

About those sheets. Daughter JuM posted she went DTH the day after her father disappeared to supposedly change the sheets on Mr. Harrod's and Fontelle's bed. I guess that was a priority in her mind.

Another daughter, RB, posted her sister changed the sheets because the sheets Mr. Harrod had on the bed were "cheap and mismatched".
Yes! Fontelle's/Bob's sheets were certainly on their minds that week. Priceless, eh? (I would never have allowed my spouse to return to a house where the day before a possible crime occurred. I would have had a nervous breakdown!)

The wedding gift of sheets should have solved that issue quite nicely. It seems to me that once you give someone a gift, it's their property, right? Why were they allowed to take them back? Was it a conditional gift that once they were done using them/wore them out they were to be returned to the Michaels? It's funny how something just sticks in one's head, and stays there, but these sheets really get me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MaryNo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post

Some (imo) strong possibilities:

-- cleaning up after (ahem) handyman work completed by her husband?
-- completing an inventory of items in the house?
-- making sure there was no evidence of a crime?
-- looking for and removing items?
<snipped>

YES to all of the above!!!

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 01:22 PM

When my dear father passed away a couple of years ago, my two half-siblings were very greedy. My oldest half-sibling was listed as the executor (being the oldest). She has paid herself around $3,000 a month to "handle" the estate and has kept the estate open for 3 years now (yes my friends - that is over $100,000). The "handling" of the estate amounts to writing 2-3 checks a month for utilities because she didn't sell his home. It is so very frustrating, but... I certainly have watched how greed can make a person justify their actions.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 03:49 PM
What happened to Bob Harrod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryNo View Post

The wedding gift of sheets should have solved that issue quite nicely. It seems to me that once you give someone a gift, it's their property, right? Why were they allowed to take them back? Was it a conditional gift that once they were done using them/wore them out they were to be returned to the Michaels? It's funny how something just sticks in one's head, and stays there, but these sheets really get me.

Interesting fact about the sheets: they weren't bought for Bob as a gift or otherwise. Daughter RB wrote that her sister JuM had Bob buy them himself. JuM came dth the day after Bob disappeared simply to put them on his bed.

Curious, that. Seeing as the sheets had never been in her possession, and that a housekeeper had cleaned up Bob's house the previous day, how would she even know that the new sheets were not on Bob's bed? Why assume it? Could there be a more preposterous reason to travel from RS to Placentia when her father is missing?

Last edited by Montjoy; 10-05-2011 at 04:09 PM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Montjoy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 06:34 PM
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Quote:
I have been a member here since 2008 but somehow never really read about this case. I have been playing catch-up for 2 days...and I'm floored by the daughters' behavior and attitude towards their dad, who obviously loved them and provided generously for them. If I saw one of them in public, I might be tempted to smack her face...even if it meant assault charges. If these girls are willing to be so cruel to their daddy, while he is missing and most likely deceased, then he means nothing to them. They could easily wipe him out, or stand by while someone else does, and not feel one bit of remorse.

I just have to say that I am glad Mr. Bob had the chance to enjoy a few weeks of love and joy before his disappearance. My heart breaks for Ms. Fontelle. Its sad to think of her leaving her own family to stay there alone in Mr. Bob's house...that has to be hard for her.

I am comforted to know that justice will be served....if not in this life, in the one to come.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this case for so long. Special thanks to those who included links to important documents and information in this thread that allowed someone new to the case to catch up more easily. You guys are the best.
Yes, to all of it!

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 07:23 PM
There will be justice for Mr. Harrod

Quote:
I have been a member here since 2008 but somehow never really read about this case. I have been playing catch-up for 2 days...and I'm floored by the daughters' behavior and attitude towards their dad, who obviously loved them and provided generously for them. If I saw one of them in public, I might be tempted to smack her face...even if it meant assault charges. If these girls are willing to be so cruel to their daddy, while he is missing and most likely deceased, then he means nothing to them. They could easily wipe him out, or stand by while someone else does, and not feel one bit of remorse.

I just have to say that I am glad Mr. Bob had the chance to enjoy a few weeks of love and joy before his disappearance. My heart breaks for Ms. Fontelle. Its sad to think of her leaving her own family to stay there alone in Mr. Bob's house...that has to be hard for her.

I am comforted to know that justice will be served....if not in this life, in the one to come.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this case for so long. Special thanks to those who included links to important documents and information in this thread that allowed someone new to the case to catch up more easily. You guys are the best.
BBM~~

Yes, it must be so hard for Fontelle. I really admire her strength and her love for her husband.

IMO, the daughters believed Fontelle would head back to Missouri within days of Mr. Harrod's disappearance leaving them free and clear. It really must have infuriated them when she didn't.

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode for $1.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tofgamonlco-20
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Angelo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Interesting fact about the sheets: they weren't bought for Bob as a gift or otherwise. Daughter RB wrote that her sister JuM had Bob buy them himself. JuM came dth the day after Bob disappeared simply to put them on his bed.

Curious, that. Seeing as the sheets had never been in her possession, and that a housekeeper had cleaned up Bob's house the previous day, how would she even know that the new sheets were not on Bob's bed? Why assume it? Could there be a more preposterous reason to travel from RS to Placentia when her father is missing?
Thank you for correcting me on the source of those sheets, Montjoy. I went back through court transcripts, and the list itself. I was coming back to correct myself LOL I will edit my post above.

As for the reason for her return the following day, yes, I have never found this to be believable - not for one second. To move this forward, why the sheets bother me so much is this:

I'm not so sure in my head that Bob went missing on Monday. I continue to go back to Sunday. If the housecleaner is sure - proof positive - that it was Bob she spoke to Monday, then I need to go over my theory again. If she's not sure, didn't really pay that much attention - then the changing of the sheets could be very truthful, and make a whooole lot of sense in the scheme of things.

Editing: Those sheets are really bugaboos LOL We're talking about two different sets of sheets. In my quoted post above (which for some reason I can't edit to correct my sheet error) I was referring to "46. Linens on Antique bed as well as the silk bed skirt and sheets on King sized bed in master bedroom" from the list of demands the daughters made against Fontelle/Bob to retrieve from the Harrod's house. How in the world did I associate them with being a wedding gift? I usually don't just make stuff up. Old age must be creeping in.

Last edited by MaryNo; 10-05-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Clarification
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MaryNo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Bob Harrod, Missing from Placentia, CA

Quote:

Yes, how would she even know? IMO, she posted that for a reason but slipped up as she hadn't thought it through.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post
Yes, how would she even know? IMO, she posted that for a reason but slipped up as she hadn't thought it through.
Just tossing out the idea that she may have taken the newly purchased sheets home to wash them? I know I like to wash new sheets to get the chemicals out, and the creases from being folded in the package. Was it mentioned anywhere that she brought the sheets with her, or that they were at the house?

Still doesn't explain why the sheets were requested in the laundry list of items collected from the estate. Baffles my understanding. I would think that Bob's wife might still need the sheets.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to georgiajean For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiajean View Post
Just tossing out the idea that she may have taken the newly purchased sheets home to wash them? I know I like to wash new sheets to get the chemicals out, and the creases from being folded in the package. Was it mentioned anywhere that she brought the sheets with her, or that they were at the house?

Still doesn't explain why the sheets were requested in the laundry list of items collected from the estate. Baffles my understanding. I would think that Bob's wife might still need the sheets.
Daughter RB posted in Sep 2010 that JuM had Bob buy new sheets and he was supposed to put the new ones on. I donít think JuM would take sheets Bob bought back to her house in RS to wash them if Bob had a washing machine.

A week after Bob went missing, daughter JuM posted that when he went missing, before she went dth to change the linens, she called the local hospitals and coronerís office. Her father is missing, a missing personís report was filed, sheís calling local hospitals and the coronerís office, yet was going to Bobís house to change linens? The reference to linens as an explanation for going to Bobís house is inserted awkwardly into the post. I have always found it bizarre since I first read it, and still do, but thatís just my opinion.

Daughter JuM Ė August 4, 2009

My dad lives in Placentia which is no where near Van Nuys, I believe is near LAX he lives between John Wayne Airport and Ontario Airport. I appreciate the lead. I did learn something that when he went missing, before I went dth to get the house ready, linens changed for he and his wife; I started to call all the local hospitals. Then I was directed to call the Coroner's office which I did and they had only 1 John Doe and he was Hispanic. They did however have me e-mail me photos and all his information to them and they would send out a "blast fax" which is a huge distribution list to all the hospitals and other institutions.

Daughter RB Ė September 25, 2010

Later that afternoon my sister came down from the mountains to watch for Dad to hopefully return and help him get special touches finished before Fontelle's arrival the next day. One example is that she had Dad buy new sheets the week before for this special occasion and he was supposed to take the cheap mismatched sheets off the bed and have a nice new matching set on so it would be extra special for Fontelle.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
(respectfully snipped)
Daughter RB Ė September 25, 2010

Later that afternoon my sister came down from the mountains to watch for Dad to hopefully return and help him get special touches finished before Fontelle's arrival the next day. One example is that she had Dad buy new sheets the week before for this special occasion and he was supposed to take the cheap mismatched sheets off the bed and have a nice new matching set on so it would be extra special for Fontelle.
This still takes me back, when I read the language used. Why take pot-shots at your missing/presumed dead father? Why? Either these people are just that way, and are rude, uncouth folks, or the disappearance of their father really threw them for a loop and they were in shock and behaving bizarrely. Or, something is not right.

Where is Bob?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to georgiajean For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 06:26 PM

Bumping for Mr. Harrod. Praying that there will be some resolution soon. Praying for his return to his wife who loves him.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 03:36 PM

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2011, 07:42 AM

I see daughter JuM is busy soliciting unique gift ideas for her son (Bobís grandson) on ROTW. This is just the latest in a myriad of posts over the past weeks about apple picking, flu shots, weather updates, her new iPad, how to avoid telemarketers, getting a massage.

Yet in all this time, no requests on ideas from her community on what can be done to find her missing father.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/134/86299?page=0
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I see daughter JuM is busy soliciting unique gift ideas for her son (Bobís grandson) on ROTW. This is just the latest in a myriad of posts over the past weeks about apple picking, flu shots, weather updates, her new iPad, how to avoid telemarketers, getting a massage.

Yet in all this time, no requests on ideas from her community on what can be done to find her missing father.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/134/86299?page=0
Well, everyone has different priorities, I suppose...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 01:58 PM

Back to page 1 where you belong! Hoping for some answers!

Old 10-14-2011, 01:08 PM

Bumping for Mr. Harrod while we are awaiting some form of justice for him via the upcoming mediation and trial.

While we are waiting, imo, if Bobs daughters are serious about wanting truthful answers about what happened to their father they need to insist, no demand, Mr. Michaels take a polygraph to clear himself, if he is indeed not responsible for Mr. Harrods presumed murder and disappearance so LE can move forward.

jmo

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2011, 04:03 PM

Bumping again for justice and truthful answers for Mr. Harrod. I'm as sure as a dna test proving paternity, LE knows exactly what happened and exactly who is responsible. It's just a matter of judge, jury and conviction before arrests can be made and charges brought against those responsible.

JMO of course.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Bumping again for justice and truthful answers for Mr. Harrod. I'm as sure as a dna test proving paternity, LE knows exactly what happened and exactly who is responsible. It's just a matter of judge, jury and conviction before arrests can be made and charges brought against those responsible.

JMO of course.
Cubby, I agree! It wont be long...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2011, 12:09 PM

do truly NON materialistic folks really ramble on about how NON materialistic they are while one-uping each other on their "all the adventure money can buy" vacay's? hmmmm just sayin'....
Old 10-17-2011, 03:15 AM

Mandatory mediation is on October 28. Trial on October 31. Hopefully there will be a break before then. Mr. Harrod deserves to come home to his wife!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2011, 02:57 AM

Waiting for the Truth...and justice for Mr. Harrod.

Closed Thread