Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located! Information and Support

Notices

Located! Information and Support This Forum is for Information on Located Missing Persons and Family Support

Old 09-21-2011, 07:41 PM
WS Moderator

PA - Rosita House - 55 years old - Harrisburg - 11-Sep-2011

http://www.fox43.com/news/wpmt-rosit...0,963843.story

Howard L. Sheppard
Content Manager
9:52 p.m. EDT, September 20, 2011

Quote:
Harrisburg Police Seek Missing Woman

Last edited by summer_breeze; 01-03-2012 at 06:46 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 AM
WS Super Moderator

This updated article says Rosita was last seen on 09/11, but her medical appointment was on the 13th, not the the 9th as stated in the first article (which didn't make sense if her estranged husband saw her on the 11th).
Quote:
It was first realized she was missing when she missed a medical appointment on September 13.
http://www.whptv.com/news/local/stor...b0EaKk10w.cspx

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
Old 09-23-2011, 05:58 PM

This is my mother

Hi, everyone,

Rosita House is my mother. She has been missing since September 11, 2011. Police started investigating after she didn't show up for an appointment on the 13th. So to clarify the news report, she's been presumed missing since the 11th, which was the last time she was seen, but the police investigation started the 13th.

My dad has been busy around the city area showing her picture around, trying to get information from people who know her or have claimed to know her, but hasn't heard anything yet. We're asking that if people see or hear anything they get in contact with the police (the numbers are provided in the FOX article, and an ABC News article).
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to leftnwrite08 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Websleuth Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftnwrite08 View Post
Hi, everyone,

Rosita House is my mother. She has been missing since September 11, 2011. Police started investigating after she didn't show up for an appointment on the 13th. So to clarify the news report, she's been presumed missing since the 11th, which was the last time she was seen, but the police investigation started the 13th.

My dad has been busy around the city area showing her picture around, trying to get information from people who know her or have claimed to know her, but hasn't heard anything yet. We're asking that if people see or hear anything they get in contact with the police (the numbers are provided in the FOX article, and an ABC News article).
Thanks so much for being here and giving us information! Was your dad the last person who saw your mom? Can you tell us if she was depressed or upset about anything?
I pray that your mom is located soon and safe! I'm so sorry she is missing....
The Following User Says Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 10:12 AM
WS Moderator

Hello leftnwrite08 and Welcome to WebSleuths! I am sorry it is under the circumstances. My prayers for your mother and your family.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 12:18 PM

Thank you both.

As far as my dad knows, he was the last to see her when he dropped her off on Sunday. And yes, she was depressed; we were unsure if she was improving, but had been spending social time with some family (my dad) and friends.

Police are still investigating. Just recently, the detective in charge of her case, Det. Rivera, was verifying any phone numbers they had on file for her (including mine, which was put into her file when her purse was stolen a little while ago since she didn't have her own phone at the time).

Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers! I'll work to keep the info I can provide up to date; as we hear anything new, hopefully I'll be able to share it here.

Thanks again,
K
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leftnwrite08 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Websleuth Member

Quote:
Thank you both.

As far as my dad knows, he was the last to see her when he dropped her off on Sunday. And yes, she was depressed; we were unsure if she was improving, but had been spending social time with some family (my dad) and friends.

Police are still investigating. Just recently, the detective in charge of her case, Det. Rivera, was verifying any phone numbers they had on file for her (including mine, which was put into her file when her purse was stolen a little while ago since she didn't have her own phone at the time).

Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers! I'll work to keep the info I can provide up to date; as we hear anything new, hopefully I'll be able to share it here.

Thanks again,
K
Thanks for your response...we will continue to pray for her...and your whole family.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Thank you both.

Thanks again,
K

I am so sorry that your family is going through this. Have you found out anything new? I read from comments on the news forums that she worked at a Hallmark store in Strawberry Sq. Is this correct? Did anything seem out of place at her home?
Old 10-01-2011, 02:03 PM

Hi, all, sorry for the delayed response. To answer some of the last few questions:

1. Yes, she did work at the Hallmark store in Strawberry Sq., but she hasn't worked there for a while; no one there has seen/heard from her recently.

2. Very limited updates-- no one is sure they've seen her (a few who thought maybe they did), and not a lot of leads. We're still hoping and praying some news comes soon. Good news.

Thanks for your continued prayers.

Peace,
K
Old 10-01-2011, 06:12 PM

A few other corrections to the news report: My mom is 55, not 56. Also, her appointment was on the 12th, not the 13th.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:18 PM
WS Moderator

Thank you leftnwrite08! I have adjusted your mom's age in the title of this thread.

If you have time please be sure to check out this thread. It has good information about what to do when a loved one goes missing.

Missing Persons - What Do I Do? Checklists and Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Have the police provided you with a poster? Or have you created one yet?

Continued prayers for the safe return of your mom.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:46 PM
WS Moderator

Missing Harrisburg woman not considered in danger

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...man_not_c.html

Published: Tuesday, October 04, 2011, 2:22 PM
Updated: Tuesday, October 04, 2011, 2:33 PM
By SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News

Quote:
....but police are calling the case a 'high priority
The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2011, 11:49 AM

from today's pennlive.com:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ita_house.html
Old 10-14-2011, 12:26 PM

Prayers for Rosita - she sounds like a beautiful soul.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amandab For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2011, 07:13 PM
WS Moderator

Police continue to seek tips on missing Harrisburg woman

http://www.abc27.com/story/15698824/...rrisburg-woman

Posted: Oct 14, 2011 5:47 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 14, 2011 5:47 PM EDT
By Myles Snyder

Quote:
HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -Authorities heading up the search for a Harrisburg woman now missing for more than a month have renewed their pleas for information in the case.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:13 PM

Hi, all, sorry it's been a long while since a post/update. Unfortunately there isn't much of an update to provide; police and family still seeking leads/information. We've had (or, I should say, my dad has had) several good-sounding leads that didn't yield much, but still remains hopeful that at some point we'll hear something! He continues to reach out to people, shelters, and organizations both in PA and outside the state. Continued prayers for any news, patience, and of course safety for my mother, are as always greatly appreciated!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:51 AM
WS Moderator

Thank you for the update leftnwrite08.

Continued prayers for the safe return of your mom!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:26 PM
WS Moderator

Family of missing Harrisburg woman helping authorities after a woman's body was found in the Swatara Creek

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...risburg_w.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 03:45 PM

Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, and so forth as we have dealt with this difficult time.

I'm sad to report that the woman's body found in the Swatara Creek was, in fact, my mother.

The thoughts, well-wishes, and prayers offered by everyone, including yourselves, have been a sustaining force for us during this difficult time, and for them I am--and we are-- thankful. Peace, love, and blessings to all of you, and thanks.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to leftnwrite08 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 PM
WS Moderator

Body found in Swatara Creek last week identified as Rosita House

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind..._creek_la.html

Published: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 3:51 PM
Updated: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 4:25 PM
By MATT MILLER, The Patriot-News

How heartbreaking leftnwrite08. My sincere condolences to you for the loss of your mother, and my continued prayers for your family.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, and so forth as we have dealt with this difficult time.

I'm sad to report that the woman's body found in the Swatara Creek was, in fact, my mother.

The thoughts, well-wishes, and prayers offered by everyone, including yourselves, have been a sustaining force for us during this difficult time, and for them I am--and we are-- thankful. Peace, love, and blessings to all of you, and thanks.
Leftnwrite, I am so deeply sorry...I received a note from her sister Maria in TN (who is part of my cousins family) about her passing.