Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 09-23-2011, 01:26 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

UT - Alexis Rasmussen, 16, North Ogden, 10 Sept 2011

Police are looking for a 16-year-old girl who disappeared in North Ogden almost two weeks ago.

The teenager ran away from home last year, but she told her family that she was running away and returned within a few days.

Miera has been trying to call and track her daughter's cell phone, but it has been dead since she disappeared, Miera said.

Police have no reason to suspect the residents of the home,
said North Ogden Detective Paul Rhoades.

http://www.standard.net/stories/2011...rth-ogden-teen

Bring Alexis Home Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-...897649?sk=wall

Flier made by Lexi's Uncle

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2011, 04:04 AM

Poor girl has been gone for two weeks.

Kind of strange that she was babysitting somewhere and then just disappears. Hope she's found soon and safe.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mayakovsky For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

Missing page on Facebook says they are still searching for Alexis. I hope she is found safe and there is no foul play involved.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:45 PM

I hope shes safe.. two weeks is a long time, come home dear!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SinKittyVixen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 06:02 PM
WS Moderator

18 days later, still no trace of a missing North Ogden teen

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sta...rZwAVvisw.cspx

Updated: 1:33 am | Published: 9/28 9:51 pm
Reported by: Kylie Conway

Quote:
NORTH OGDEN, Utah (ABC 4 News) Ė A North Ogden teen has been missing now for 18 days. Itís almost as if Alexis Rasmussen just vanished.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 12:04 AM

I think I'm missing something. What time I wonder did she go T9 babysitter and how old is the child or children she was sitting for? The fact that her mother said she texted her at 1130 to say it was ok to spend the night implies the parents of the child or children were coming home that night. Was she there when they got home?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 12:07 AM

T9 babysitter?? To babysit. Darn phone...lol!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 03:52 AM

Quote:
North Ogden police are also still looking for Alexis Rasmussen, 16, who disappeared three weeks ago. She was last seen the night of Sept. 10 at a friendís house.

http://www.standard.net/stories/2011...-still-missing

3 weeks...Strange that another girl from the same school was missing for a few days. Seems she was a runaway. Found safe, btw...

It's sad what a "runaway" tag will do to media coverage. Hope she's found soon.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mayakovsky For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 04:07 AM

I was actually just up in N. Ogden yesterday..didn't see ANY flyers, anything about Alexis. Maybe I'll post some next time I'm there.

Praying Alexis is safe.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 04:09 AM

Quote:
With no car, money or clothes, Jacobson says her friend wouldn't have runaway. "I'm really trying to stay positive and just tell myself that she's going to come home, but I fear the worst, and I think we all do," she said.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17518169

I still don't know why a 16 year old girl is walking home by herself at midnight after a babysitting job...Who would even think that was okay? Ugh...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mayakovsky For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
I think I'm missing something. What time I wonder did she go T9 babysitter and how old is the child or children she was sitting for? The fact that her mother said she texted her at 1130 to say it was ok to spend the night implies the parents of the child or children were coming home that night. Was she there when they got home?
Those are good questions.

I would also like to know how they know that she was seen at the Walgreens at 10:30. Someone she knew, a random person?? Do they have her on surveillance camera??

How far away was the home she was sitting at from hers? What time did the couple get home? What time did she leave? Etc...

So many questions...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mayakovsky For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Semper Fi

She was supposedly spotted at Walgreens at 10:30PM, but allegedly left the babysitters house around midnight? And why didn't they give her a ride home? Did she live close by or indicate someone was picking her up? Did she have a cell phone?

Here is a link to a Facebook page set up for her. Going to go catch up on reading it.
http://www.facebook.com/BringAlexisH...isHome?sk=wall
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Ok sounds like she did have a cell phone. Was she honest with her mom about spending the night at the sitters? LE can pull up her texts, calls and pings. But will they do that if she is classified as a runaway? LE doesn't put out much effort in voluntary missing cases, even for a 16 year old.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Semper Fi

So back on 9-27 Bri Jacobson (the best friend interviewed in the above linked KSL article) posted that Alexis was last seen by the people she babysat for at an Ogden Walgreens. Did the babysitters drop her off?

9-22 post. Phone has been tracked. has been turned off after she texted her mother.

Last edited by SuziQ; 10-04-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: add info
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
So back on 9-27 Bri Jacobson (the best friend interviewed in the above linked KSL article) posted that Alexis was last seen by the people she babysat for at an Ogden Walgreens. Did the babysitters drop her off?

9-22 post. Phone has been tracked. has been turned off after she texted her mother.

Sigh...so many questions. I've been hoping NG and JVM would get off of the Michael Jackson saga and pick up this story. It seems from the fb page that Alexis and possibly some other girls in that area could certainly use the national attention.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
She was supposedly spotted at Walgreens at 10:30PM, but allegedly left the babysitters house around midnight? And why didn't they give her a ride home? Did she live close by or indicate someone was picking her up? Did she have a cell phone?

Here is a link to a Facebook page set up for her. Going to go catch up on reading it.
No posts on that page in 3 days...
Old 10-04-2011, 04:45 PM

There are definitely alot of unanswered questions in this case. In an facebook post, someone had suggested getting Alexis' cell phone records to see if she had made any calls or texts and the response was that they had and that her cell phone has been off since that night. Has anyone looked into who she may have been talking to or texting while she was babysitting and questioned them. If she was babysitting in North Ogden, but was at the Layton Walgreens, how did she get there? I live very close to this particular Walgreen's and that would be a good 15-20 mile walk from North Ogden. Also, where is the surveillance video from the Walgreen's?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fettpi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Also, I found out the the child that she was babysitting is 8 months old.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fettpi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettpi View Post
There are definitely alot of unanswered questions in this case. In an facebook post, someone had suggested getting Alexis' cell phone records to see if she had made any calls or texts and the response was that they had and that her cell phone has been off since that night. Has anyone looked into who she may have been talking to or texting while she was babysitting and questioned them. If she was babysitting in North Ogden, but was at the Layton Walgreens, how did she get there? I live very close to this particular Walgreen's and that would be a good 15-20 mile walk from North Ogden. Also, where is the surveillance video from the Walgreen's?
If she was spotted at the Layton Walgreens, I'm 100% certain they have surveillance videos there entering and exiting the store..so LE should be able to pinpoint what time she left the Walgreens, and whether or not she left alone.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 04:55 PM

Welcome to WebSleuths, Fettpi! I'm from Utah as well. Great to have you here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
Welcome to WebSleuths, Fettpi! I'm from Utah as well. Great to have you here.
Thank you! I am so excited to have found Websleuths! I found this case so interesting with so many unanswered questions. The moderater of the 'Bring Alexis Home' Facebook page told me that the child the Alexis was babysitting was only eight months old and that the family had already been questioned. I really think it would be beneficial to get a timeline going on her whereabouts.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fettpi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
If she was spotted at the Layton Walgreens, I'm 100% certain they have surveillance videos there entering and exiting the store..so LE should be able to pinpoint what time she left the Walgreens, and whether or not she left alone.
There are also cameras on every stoplight surrounding this area. They should be able to narrow down which direction she was traveling and if she was traveling by foot or car. Does anyone know how long LE keeps traffic cam video archived?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fettpi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 05:46 PM

I have a lot of questions about this. I heard about her disappearance labeled a "runaway" a couple of weeks ago. I didn't hear anything again until yesterday's article - and I am also in Utah. I hate it when they do not take "runaway" status as something that should be reported on. If this girl's face had been on every station, and IF she is a runaway, then wouldn't it be more likely that someone would see her?!!

Have they even checked the video surveillance? Sometimes police will not even look at surveillance if it is just a case of a runaway.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
I have a lot of questions about this. I heard about her disappearance labeled a "runaway" a couple of weeks ago. I didn't hear anything again until yesterday's article - and I am also in Utah. I hate it when they do not take "runaway" status as something that should be reported on. If this girl's face had been on every station, and IF she is a runaway, then wouldn't it be more likely that someone would see her?!!

Have they even checked the video surveillance? Sometimes police will not even look at surveillance if it is just a case of a runaway.
I agree. The fact that a young girl may be a runaway should not be a reason to NOT report on her, it's also used as an excuse to not look for these kids. I don't know if anyone remembers 14 year-old Yashawnee Vaughan case here in Portland but they labeled her a runaway right away and the police didn't even really start looking until she had been gone a week or more, there was also NO media coverage. Turns out she had been murdered by her boyfriend and her body dumped in a forested park.

Yes, kids do sometimes runaway. They can be impulsive and make poor decisions. That's why it is up to the adults in the community as well as the authorities to take care of them and find them.

I hope this sweet girl comes home soon regardless of how she left.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pdxmama For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmama View Post
I agree. The fact that a young girl may be a runaway should not be a reason to NOT report on her, it's also used as an excuse to not look for these kids. I don't know if anyone remembers 14 year-old Yashawnee Vaughan case here in Portland but they labeled her a runaway right away and the police didn't even really start looking until she had been gone a week or more, there was also NO media coverage. Turns out she had been murdered by her boyfriend and her body dumped in a forested park.

Yes, kids do sometimes runaway. They can be impulsive and make poor decisions. That's why it is up to the adults in the community as well as the authorities to take care of them and find them.

I hope this sweet girl comes home soon regardless of how she left.
It would be so beneficial to get a timeline of events. If we all put our heads together and can get an accurate timeline, maybe we can get a starting point of where to search and who to question. I'm sure that the family has gone over this timeline with investigators, but if we, as a whole community, can come together with all the facts, maybe someone out there can shed some light on the missing pieces. Someone out there knows something. We just have to find them.

So, Alexis was babysitting on Saturday, September 10.
1. Was she babysitting in Layton or North Ogden?
2. What time did the parents get home and what time did they say that Alexis left?
3. Did they say that she left on foot or did someone come and get her?
4. What time was she seen at the Walgreen's in Layton and who saw her and was she with anyone else?
5. Have Law Enforcement been able to obtain video surveillance from Walgreen's to confirm the sighting?

Also, Someone posted that there are some kids that saw her at a party in Layton. Who are these kids that saw her and when did this party happen?

Again, someone out there knows something.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fettpi For This Useful Post: