Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion > Gail Nowacki Palmgren General Discussion Threads

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 04:24 AM
Yup, I'm listening

Interestingly, some of the widened areas to the cliff side of E. Brow Rd have those big boulders-someone mentioned them earlier. If she lost control say, looking at her cell phone, and hit one of those boulders, I could see the Jeep going airborne. Just a scary thought!
(It's 4:30am so if this is old info, please ignore).

In The Forest With The Top Down
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 05:15 AM
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

First day I've been off line in awhile, and they found the jeep. I hope this will be the beginning of closure for her family and the children...and I pray LE gets all the answers to all we're asking. Still can't help wondering if they had this equipment in use the first week in May the jeep would have been found as well. So many questions remaining. Prayer going forward
Old 12-02-2011, 05:19 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyless View Post
If they find her will they b able to determine how she died? Even thought its been a while? Or if a car pushed her off her road...anything foul play?
In past cases where a murder was staged to look like an accident... the cause of death has generally been blunt force trauma.
However, it was repeated blows which were not consistent with a car accident.
So they were able to determine that the person was murdered and the vehicle staged.

It would totally depend on how she died. If she died from one blow to the head, they might not be able to determine what caused it.
Obviously if there is a gunshot, stab wound, etc then that would be easy to differentiate.

So let's hope that if she was murdered, it was done in a way that will be easy to distinguish from an accident.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 06:25 AM

http://www.chattanoogan.com/

Jeep's top and windshield ripped off.. Sheriff Hammond said the place where the vehicle would have gone off the mountain is on a straight-away near an upscale home..

JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

Last edited by Emeralgem; 12-02-2011 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Bold
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 06:40 AM

I just can't see how she would swerve at that point in the road and go over the edge. To fit through that opening that was shown in the picture upthread without leaving damage to the rock wall the Jeep would have to go straight through. JMO. If the Jeep went straight through that opening there is also no room to accelerate.

You can travel East Brow and not pass another car and have no car behind you. It can be busy with walkers but it can also be a very quiet street. As the picture upthread shows this is directly across from a large home. People do pull off East Brow to look at the view so the homeowners could see cars there one minute and not the next all the time. So what I'm saying is there would be no cause for alarm if the homeowner saw a car/the Jeep there.

I just do not think this was a car accident. In that spot, I feel it was intentional on someone's part. Whose I don't know.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jd3223 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd3223 View Post
I just can't see how she would swerve at that point in the road and go over the edge. To fit through that opening that was shown in the picture upthread without leaving damage to the rock wall the Jeep would have to go straight through. JMO. If the Jeep went straight through that opening there is also no room to accelerate.

You can travel East Brow and not pass another car and have no car behind you. It can be busy with walkers but it can also be a very quiet street. As the picture upthread shows this is directly across from a large home. People do pull off East Brow to look at the view so the homeowners could see cars there one minute and not the next all the time. So what I'm saying is there would be no cause for alarm if the homeowner saw a car/the Jeep there.

I just do not think this was a car accident. In that spot, I feel it was intentional on someone's part. Whose I don't know.
BBM.. Dark Red In that exact spot, I feel it was intentional on someone's part also.. I highly suspect foul play is involved.JMHO

JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 07:25 AM

Posting the local TV stations for those interested in following during the day:

http://www.newschannel9.com/

http://www.wdef.com/default.aspx

http://www.wrcbtv.com/

Newspaper: http://timesfreepress.com/
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to little lulu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 07:27 AM
R.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
In reviewing the info this is only 5 minutes from her home. That does NOT jive with the timeline at all and I need to do some research.
Your timeline may still be correct. She may have been exactly where you thought she was at the exact times you have, but the Jeep ended up here later.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Melodie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 08:16 AM
This is love

I wonder how long the Jeep has been there, and if that area was searched before. IIRC, there were aerial searches...but of course the foliage was in full season then.

Probably should just wait for more info...

I'm glad that Gail's thread is open again (finally)...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 08:45 AM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Prayers to the SAR folks who will be scouring the woods in very difficult terrain today.

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
Old 12-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Inactive

@JonquilNewland3 Jonquil Newland
Heading back out to W Rd. where the search continues this morning.

@Derrall Derrall Stalvey
Search for #GailPalmgren resumes on Signal Mtn. Channel 3 will be there for you again today. bit.ly/vc9Epl
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Done. Put a Fork in Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
Prayers to the SAR folks who will be scouring the woods in very difficult terrain today.
...both the two-legged and the four-legged.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to my_tee_mouse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Inactive

WRCB WRCB
Investigators continue search for Gail Palmgren: Investigators are returning to Signal Mountain this morning to ... bit.ly/txJpRV
2 minutes ago

Clickable link to article: http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16172446...-gail-palmgren
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 AM

It's a residential area, and out of the way for anyone going off the mountain (at least by using a road and not a cliff)... which makes me curious as to why she was over there.

It's residential enough that also I'm curious as to why nobody heard anything. I know that the house across the street from where the vehicle left the road was vacant (at the time) because the family that lived there were getting a divorce, but someone should've heard something when the car went off the road because it's a populated area.

ADDED: If it were an accident, then MP would've been much better served to immediately notify LE the day she disappeared because if someone heard something, then it would've been much more likely for them to mentally connect the dots with a loud crash off the side of the mountain. Two days later, the whole thing could've slipped their mind.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to perico For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
This is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by perico View Post
It's a residential area, and out of the way for anyone going off the mountain (at least by using a road and not a cliff)... which makes me curious as to why she was over there.

It's residential enough that I'm curious as to why nobody heard anything. I know that the house across the street from where the vehicle left the road was vacant (at the time) because the family that lived there were getting a divorce, but someone should've heard something when the car went off the road.
I recall that someone saw Gail talking to someone in a pickup truck...where is that location in relation to where her Jeep was found? And ditto for the woman driving/riding in a vehicle, who said she saw Gail driving, and looking like she was asking for help...while Gail's female passenger was looking away as if trying not to be seen/recognized?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Inactive

@JonquilNewland3
Jonquil Newland
Back on the scene. Investigators pulling up now. pic.twitter.com/NlSMQyGl

Clickable link to pic: http://twitter.com/#!/JonquilNewland...136384/photo/1
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:14 AM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by perico View Post

It's residential enough that I'm curious as to why nobody heard anything. I know that the house across the street from where the vehicle left the road was vacant (at the time) because the family that lived there were getting a divorce, but someone should've heard something when the car went off the road because it's a populated area.

ADDED: If it were an accident, then MP would've been much better served to immediately notify LE the day she disappeared because if someone heard something, then it would've been much more likely for them to mentally connect the dots with a loud crash off the side of the mountain. Two days later, the whole thing could've slipped their mind.
I agree with this, BUT if she has actually taken off in the past for a few days to cool off it would have been reasonable for him to have assumed she would be back, especially since she brought the kids back and they were clearly incredibly important to her.

Yet apparently took her dogs since they seem to be looking for them as well.

I think that there were many eyes on those roads in the last several months, certainly in the days and weeks following the report of her disappearance. I have heard many indicate that there was no sign of an accident site.

Everyone missed it until yesterday or the day before.

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
I recall that someone saw Gail talking to someone in a pickup truck...where is that location in relation to where her Jeep was found? And ditto for the woman driving/riding in a vehicle, who said she saw Gail driving, and looking like she was asking for help...while Gail's female passenger was looking away as if trying not to be seen/recognized?
That's off the other side of the mountain, and about 30 minutes at least in the other direction... which makes body location and ID all the more important if that was really her they spotted.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to perico For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Inactive

@JonquilNewland3
Jonquil Newland
The Sheriff just arrived. pic.twitter.com/zokZnOwn

http://twitter.com/#!/JonquilNewland...07664210395137
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:31 AM

I hope they dust the steering wheel for fingerprints. If there aren't any, that would be a sign that things are not quite what they may seem to be. Noone in an accident would be able to wipe the wheel. KWIM

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327
The Following User Says Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Inactive

@JonquilNewland3
Jonquil Newland
Sheriff: We're going to do a press release at 10:30. #gailpalmgren
1 minute ago

ETA: Other reporters & news stations are now confirming on Twitter about this press release at 10:30. I don't want to copy them all in lol.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:47 AM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessie View Post
Suppose she started off from home toward Taft Hwy. She gets on Taft and realizes she's being followed. She might've pulled in to Signal Plaza shopping center and circled around awhile trying to lose her tail. She stops a few minutes to think, and decides to take the backway out of the shopping center on Hampton Rd, then to E Brow and finally onto West Rd which would take her to the main highways headed out of town.
No doubt in my mind she was driving around for some period of time after she dropped off the kids. I don't think she headed straight in that direction because she talked to her sister for some time after she left the house and if she drove straight here -it was only 5 minutes away and not enough time to talk to her sister. She had to have doubled back or was driving back home or in circles- bless her heart.
She was either trying to figure out where to go and what to do or trying to lose whomever was following her-or both.

jmho of course.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:57 AM

I will be in business meetings most of the day. I hope to check in during breaks. My heart and prayers go out to all involved with this situation today.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327
Old 12-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Inactive

@JonquilNewland3
Jonquil Newland
Behind the scenes. #gailpalmgren pic.twitter.com/WMdM1qty

http://twitter.com/#!/JonquilNewland...20785893310466
The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
Chilly today. My prayers also, especially considering they have to drop the dogs down. Stay safe everyone.

Bring Gail home.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post: