Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Lisa Irwin Missing! > Lisa Irwin General Discussion Threads

Notices

Lisa Irwin General Discussion Threads Not open for posting-but there is plenty of reading.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:23 AM
WS Super Moderator

MO - AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #5

Please continue here.
------------------------------------------------------------

An AMBER Alert was issued for 10-month-old Lisa Irwin on Tuesday, October 4th after she was abducted from her crib during the early morning hours. As of today (Thursday), no suspects have been identified, and the AMBER Alert has been canceled.

Lisa is 10 months old. She has blue eyes and blonde hair. She is 30 inches tall and weighs between 26 and 30 pounds. Lisa was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it.

Lisa is described as having two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear, a beauty mark on her right outer thigh and currently has a cold with a cough.

Anyone with information is asked to call 9-1-1, your local police agency, or the Kansas City TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.

Previous Threads:
-
Thread 1
-
Thread 2
-
Thread 3
-Thread 4

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
Old 10-07-2011, 02:29 AM

mysteriew

I'll keep that in mind what you do about not watching the first few pressers.

Now if I'm a mom with a child abducted would I be making a deal with a national media outlet, hire a lawyer, and stop cooperating with LE?

I might higher a lawyer but I would make it clear to LE why I did, and I would tell them everything and everything 1000 times over. Just get my baby back!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:30 AM

we know that LE looks to the family first - but if they are innocent and they can not be cleared because the criminal did not leave evidence - it doesn't make the parents guilty.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jadejazzkayla For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:31 AM

I would tell the media to go fly a kite because I'm not going to do anything that might mess up LE finding my child or me divulging something to the media that LE told me. If I blew their trust and slipped and said something to the media I wouldn't expect LE to tell me a dang thing again. I couldn't sit at home not knowing, I would want to be attached to the hip of the lead investigator...even ride along with him.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:32 AM

Let me guess ABC again!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
mysteriew

Now if I'm a mom with a child abducted would I be making a deal with a national media outlet, hire a lawyer, and stop cooperating with LE?

I might higher a lawyer but I would make it clear to LE why I did, and I would tell them everything and everything 1000 times over. Just get my baby back!
the parents say they are co-operating with police. police say the family has decided not to co-operate. unless i'm missing something, they both can't be right.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jadejazzkayla For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:33 AM

What does that mean, they have a deal with a network...I don't want to think they are going to get paid to talk about their missing baby...
Old 10-07-2011, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadejazzkayla View Post
the parents say they are co-operating with police. police say the family has decided not to co-operate. unless i'm missing something, they both can't be right.
No they can't, and if I am going to make a leap one way or the other, I will believe LE (unless they are proven corrupt...not something I am expecting.)
Old 10-07-2011, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
What does that mean, they have a deal with a network...I don't want to think they are going to get paid to talk about their missing baby...
What else could it mean? They responded to the media that they wouldn't speak to them anymore tonight because there was a deal made. I'm guessing they will give more tv interviews tomorrow. Probably with a statement provided by their lawyer. My guess is they will announce they never stopped cooperating with the LE so that everyone knows their side of the story??

Now I wonder if they got paid for their appearances so far? Call me a skeptic, but they do a few major network interviews and now they can hire a lawyer??
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:39 AM

My guess is LE learned of the media deal and asked the family to back out or hold off because it could jeopardize the investigation. The family probably told LE to go suck a egg. That would mean LE is right but the family thinks they are, they just want to do it their way.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:42 AM
A diamond in process

Quote:
There is another case in this missing discussion where LE says the hubby isn't cooperating and hubby says he is (I think he talked to LE about 6 hrs.). (wife missing case) Of course hubby has also said that he won't talk to local LE, but he would talk to the FBI as long as they paid for a compentant lawyer for him to take with him to advise him.

Just because it is said, doesn't mean it isn't right. Sometimes it literally means the person won't talk to them. Sometimes it means that LE has asked them to do something and they have refused, but were still talking. Sometimes it means they are trying to be controllers of the interviews. (ie I will talk to you about this, but not that.)
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:44 AM
A diamond in process

Quote:
mysteriew

I'm not saying it is right for everyone. But I know I will get suckered in on an emotional appeal. And I know there can be many reasons for those emotions. So I know it is right for me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:46 AM

I didn't like this deal as soon as I heard the mother didn't put that baby in her crib to sleep until 10:30 P.M.

Then we hear Daddy came home at 4:00 A.M. from work.

I don't like it. At All.

Just My Opinion.....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AuburnSchnauzer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:47 AM

I too might get a lawyer if I felt stressed or pressured, but would be spending every minute with said lawyer locked in a room with LE for as long as it took...
Old 10-07-2011, 02:48 AM

Quote:
My guess is LE learned of the media deal and asked the family to back out or hold off because it could jeopardize the investigation. The family probably told LE to go suck a egg. That would mean LE is right but the family thinks they are, they just want to do it their way.
What media deal? this thread is moving fast and I missed it. can anyone point me to the information?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jadejazzkayla For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
I'm not saying it is right for everyone. But I know I will get suckered in on an emotional appeal. And I know there can be many reasons for those emotions. So I know it is right for me.
Well I thank you for the suggestion and I'm going to try and apply that. I really got pulled in on this one. I'm still very mad! Part of me still wants to believe this mother so bad that I'm trying to find out reasons to still believer her like, maybe she is just gullible and believes her husband and just repeating what he says. Either way I come back to still it all stinks to high heaven. I don't like getting pulled in like this.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 AM
A diamond in process

Quote:
What media deal? this thread is moving fast and I missed it. can anyone point me to the information?
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lisa...,2371703.story
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:52 AM

Wait, what did I miss? What "media deal"?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote:
http://www.fox4kc.com/videobeta/1276...er-Cooperating
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

Also, I am curious if the husband's prior job was also the overnight-type shift; my husband works until 4AM and when he first started, it was literally years before I became comfortable sleeping in the house alone and even now, I sleep very lightly until he gets home and hardly ever for more than an hour or two at a time. It is very strange that this happened the first night he was at this job; just wondering if he was usually gone at night. I hear every sound in the house, if the fridge kicks on three rooms way, I am awake in an instant...
Old 10-07-2011, 02:53 AM
A diamond in process

I haven't seen where the family said they couldn't talk to LE because they had a media deal.

What I have seen is that they aren't talking to media because they have a deal with a national news network.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Fantastic.

Well, I guess if it helps bring baby Lisa home, it's worth it...although I will say that this case is getting a TON of national media attention already. So, taking time away from helping LE find Lisa and shifting it towards more national media interviews is a...interesting (..not sure of the right word there) approach, at best.

I just hope, and pray, Lisa comes home safe and soon.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:56 AM
A diamond in process

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
Fantastic.

Well, I guess if it helps bring baby Lisa home, it's worth it...although I will say that this case is getting a TON of national media attention already. So, taking time away from helping LE find Lisa and shifting it towards more national media interviews is a...interesting (..not sure of the right word there) approach, at best.

I just hope, and pray, Lisa comes home safe and soon.
Not to mention that many national news networks have supposedly paid large sums of money to "license" photos.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:57 AM

Quote:
I haven't seen where the family said they couldn't talk to LE because they had a media deal.

What I have seen is that they aren't talking to media because they have a deal with a national news network.
But what does that mean? They have agreed to only speak to one national network, as in an exclusive? I just don't get it. How can they even be thinking about things like that right now?
Old 10-07-2011, 02:59 AM
A diamond in process

I've been wondering how many vehicles this family has?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post: