Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Lisa Irwin Missing! > Lisa Irwin General Discussion Threads

Notices

Lisa Irwin General Discussion Threads Not open for posting-but there is plenty of reading.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotagolem View Post
This^^^ I can barely talk to my husband about this case w/o crying. If the police wanted to question me, they could accompany while I searched high and low. If the police thought there was some clue in the woods behind the house, I'd be out there covering every square inch.

I would max out every credit card I had to print flyers, to get word out that my child was missing. But I would expect my family to step up and help w/that sort of stuff. I'd want to be there when my child was found.
Years ago, I very briefly "lost" my child in TJ Maxx. He was out of my sight for probably two minutes total, and it turns out he had hidden from me in a clothes rack.

During that very long two minutes, I marched through the immediate ailes, saying his name every time my heart beat, and I know this because I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

I have a feeling it would be similar if my child ever goes mysteriously missing. I don't even know if I could take the time to sit in a police station, or sit in my home to interview with TV stations.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to natsound For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
CliffJudy Cliff Judy
Shirts #LisaIrwin's family had made. Lisa's aunt didn't make it to KS Speedway w/fliers like she hoped, but is going tom http://img.ly/9dnF
1 hour ago

Let me guess. They're selling the shirts. But of course, you can't sell flyers.
According to, "A family spokesperson says they are trying to get a reward fund set up, print fliers, and print T-shirts to help with the search efforts." you are absolutely correct!

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz1aDzJA0m5
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:
Amazed and Baffled

Quote:
CliffJudy Cliff Judy
Shirts #LisaIrwin's family had made. Lisa's aunt didn't make it to KS Speedway w/fliers like she hoped, but is going tom http://img.ly/9dnF
1 hour ago

Let me guess. They're selling the shirts. But of course, you can't sell flyers.
Are they selling Tshirts??????????

++++++++++++
Forum Information & Esoterica
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krimekat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 04:37 PM
'wild rose country...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge_rita View Post
I know curiousc. This rest day thing makes me ill.

I'd love to hear Mark Klaas's comments about the parents of a missing child who take a day off. Actually, in a way, that sums the parents up for me.

imo
http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/2011...baby-lisa.html

Mark Klaas---The Strange Case of Baby Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantoo View Post
but they suddenly closed up shop the other day. what searches did they do yesterday? today?
Isn't yesterday when they searched the landfill for the third time and also searched the parents back yard with metal detectors?
of everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miziree View Post
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...ind-lisa-irwin

in the last two days police said they have searched at least 300 homes surrounding the north Kansas City home where 10- month-old Lisa Irwin was last seen at 10:30 Monday night.
People like Ron and Jasmine Thatch opened their doors when police asked to search.
“They just walked through and asked names; police looked in closets," said Jasmine Thatch.

I would like those were the first homes to be searched?
That article is dated on the 5th. I can personally vouch that they DID search those neighbors first. They had a list of who they had gotten a hold of and kept going back until they got everybody here.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to In da Middle For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalsolstice View Post
As far as the family conducting their own search, they may be very limited if much of the immediate area is privately owned property. It could be that the best they can do at this time is distribute fliers.
If it was me (and I don't even have kids of my own) I wouldn't care who owned what I would search everywhere and if someone had a problem they would just have to call the police. If people who own land know a child is missing then I'm sure they would not mind searchers looking for said child.

There is something really wrong with these two parents to say they are going to take a family day off tomorrow. Who is Lisa??? She is their family and they need to find her.

People can defend the parent(s) all they want but I'm starting to think the Mom did something to that child.

MOO.
Semper Fi

Quote:
I found this article today.
It states LE hadn't talked with LE since Thursday.
We now know the parents talked to LE on the phone today.
Thanks. I'm gonna rant now. Not directed at you! This is the worst case of semantics I have seen. Seems there is a difference of views between the parents and LE. Cooperating vs cooperating. Meeting with that agency is not our agency, hence the parents haven't met with us. Parents haven't sat down with us in person means we haven't communicated with them at all.

Sigh.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/08/us/missouri-missing-girl/

updated at 4:20pm est 10/8

snip

bbm
imo
thanks. i stand corrected. i had not seen that they were searching today!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kantoo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Cancer Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
thanks to all who linked me to the article about the stray kitten

I guess I am curious as to what is so interesting/telling/shocking about the kitten angle? Maybe I am just being obtuse, but I don't see what is so notable about them taking in a stray kitten. With all the posts about this kitten I thought perhaps it played some instrumental role in this case of a missing child.

As to why the parents are giving these kinds of details. I think they are pretty much damned if they do - damned if they don't.

There will be a faction/mindset that says "see, all this unneeded detail, it is weird, and makes me suspicious."

If the parents just stick to the basics of we found her missing, we ran around the house,we called 911 there will be an equally convinced faction/mindset that says "hey, their answers sound scripted, why no details of their evening, why just these few facts being given by mom and dad?"

Still hoping and praying this baby is found, unharmed.
For me, yes, it's a tiny detail, but it's one that wasn't given right away.

I wondered a couple of threads ago where the kitten was found....or if a stranger gave it to the little boy...etc. etc.

It's probably absolutely nothing, but like I said, just another detail to give us the bigger picture.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantoo View Post
"Over 300 law enforcement officers have been involved. They've walked a wooded area three times in shoulder-to-shoulder searches, taken dogs in three times --"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/05...#ixzz1aDyGZ2Rq

Thank you! I had not seen this! I'm reading the local accounts mostly. Now I wonder why I haven't seen any video of these searches. Was there video of a woods search on the first day or two?
The Following User Says Thank You to natsound For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsound View Post
There's woods nearby that police searched briefly. If my child was missing, I'd be out in the street searching, I'm tellin' ya. I would be screaming her name.
As you would do, I too would be would be doing so. However, we're not JI and DB. We don't know what physical or emotional limitations they're operating under, nor do we really know of their involvement in any such searches. Somebody else here suggested DB needed to be sedated. However, if she were she would be accused by others here of being drugged out and thus not able to assist in the search for her baby. She's being criticized for taking a "rest day", but it may just be that her family and friends saw that she was on the verge of a breakdown, and they called for a time out. If she has a breakdown, then what use is she going to be?
of everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by belimom View Post

This is just terribly sad - there's something desperately wrong here.
Just because we can't physically see any searches going on doesn't mean they aren't. I can tell you there are plenty of officers around here going around asking questions and gathering info.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to In da Middle For This Useful Post:
Child Advocate and Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsound View Post
There's woods nearby that police searched briefly. If my child was missing, I'd be out in the street searching, I'm tellin' ya. I would be screaming her name.
In one of the interviews, 10/7, I believe, Deborah was describing what she did after discovering Lisa gone...she was screaming her name, they called 911, she ran outside to wave the police down - but "didn't even think" to look in the area around the house.

Is she trying to say she didn't see the cell phone out there? I think every mother would be running around the outside of the house looking for the baby that is not inside. One of the boys could have left the door open - maybe not see her crawl out and then closed it back. 10 month old's escape their cribs all the time.n According to JI, he didn't think the boys knew very much though....

A dingo stole my baby...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:
loves company

Quote:
Originally Posted by mck16 View Post
Was this search for Baby Doe in this same neighborhood? Or same city? tia
http://articles.cnn.com/2005-05-05/u...hnson?_s=PM:US

this article says Kansas city, MO
Banned

That's very sweet, thank you lauriej!
The Following User Says Thank You to marge_rita For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mck16 View Post
Isn't yesterday when they searched the landfill for the third time and also searched the parents back yard with metal detectors?
sorry. thought that was Thursday!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimekat View Post
I have no idea. As I posted, I was merely guessing. I suppose we'll see.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimekat View Post
the family spokesperson has said they working on setting up trust fund to try to establish a reward for information leading to baby Lisa and that they are working on printing t-shirts, buttons and flyers (presumably to keep her face out there).

I haven't seen it published that the t-shirts are for sale or a price for them.

hope that helps
proud mom of 3 beautiful daughters

Quote:
I did not state as fact that anyone is selling tshirts.

I'm sorry you didn't understand my post.
I understood your post. Thank you.
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
There seems to be a distance from the Dad towards the Mom in the article photo of them "embracing". His hands are in his pockets. They're probably both caught in their own private hell, but I sense a hesitation of trust from him to her. I don't know what to think, but I've very worried about little Lisa.

Missing girl's family to work on generating tips for police, reward fund
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/08...o-work-on.html
The very same "stoic" stance is noted in the preview video of tonights program for Judge Janeen (sp?) She (mom) says Lisa will be 11 months old pretty soon as it will be her birthday (she must celebrate each month a birthday) and collapses crying onto Jeremy and he does not put an arm up to her back or anything to hug her. Just a very odd position for him.
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/08...lisas-parents/
If this baby was kidnapped...what a further horror as to have the dad suspect the mom? Like taking their beautiful child was not bad enough Also consider the brothers. They must have fear in their guts that they too could become kidnapped. Just a tragedy all the way around. I pray they find Lisa with someone and can bring this beautiful baby back home. Please don't let the alternative thought be what happens
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/08...missouri-baby/ [i]

She said detectives told her: "`You did it. You did it. And we have nothing."

Why do I have a hard time believing that LE said that to her, "and we have nothing" just doesn't sound right
I remember thinking that perhaps DB had quoted only part of a statement by LE, IOW that "We have nothing" was followed by "to show anyone else was in the house" or words to that effect.

JMO.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacific2011 For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1 View Post
For me, yes, it's a tiny detail, but it's one that wasn't given right away.

I wondered a couple of threads ago where the kitten was found....or if a stranger gave it to the little boy...etc. etc.

It's probably absolutely nothing, but like I said, just another detail to give us the bigger picture.
You make some really good points. Finding a stray kitten is as rare as a fire in a dumpster. imo. Usually if there is one stray there will be more. Wonder if someone did give it to the child and at the same time asked him about his family, brothers, sisters, etc. Kind of out there but so is someone coming in the house and stealing the baby. jmo
of everything

Quote:
She hopes to do so tomorrow? Tomorrow! Isn't that important to do today?

Maybe Lisa's aunt could ask a friend or another family member to take the fliers to the speedway.

I find this familie's putting things off a very negative thing.

imo

yeah and tomorrow (today?)does no good if nothing is going on tomorrow there (havent looked at the schedule). I do know there WAS something going on there Saturday
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to In da Middle For This Useful Post:

This 2 days of rest does not compute. I understand feeling like you're being bombarded by the media and the police, but they had yesterday to rest and plan... if the plan isn't finalized before I sleep that night, I'm back out tomorrow without a plan. This doesn't necessarily make me believe the parents are responsible, but whom ever they're getting their advice from is not handling things well. If it comes down to impeding the search for the baby, it's gone too far!! They need to call in some professionals and tell the "family spokesperson" to step aside.

MOO
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LandAuxvasse For This Useful Post: