Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Lisa Irwin Missing!

Notices

Lisa Irwin Missing! 10 mo old Lisa Irwin disappeared from her crib in the middle of the night. Where is she?

Old 10-12-2011, 04:05 PM
WS Super Moderator

neighbors being questioned about handyman

Quote:
NBC Action News' Jake Peterson saw four or five officers knock on the front door of a building in the 4800-block of NE 34th Terrace.
The couple in the home said that police asked a lot of questions about a man who frequents a bar called One Eyed Jacks and goes by the nickname of "Jersey".
They also added that police were referencing a photograph of the man calling him a handyman.
The owner of the bar spoke off-camera and confirmed he knows the man who was a patron at his establishment. The owner last saw him on Oct. 1 when he kicked the man out of the bar for being drunk.
He added that the man in question used to live near the house that was searched on Tuesday prior to being demolished.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz1abIIKps0
----------
Old 10-12-2011, 04:17 PM
WS Super Moderator

http://g.co/maps/zq3rw

bar added to case map (also connected line from well search house to bar)
Old 10-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Just the facts, ma'am

Reviews of "One Eyed Jacks". Sounds like an upscale biker bar.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/one-eyed-jacks-fsb-kansas-city
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:24 PM

does anyone know where the photo of the handyman/homeless guy LE is showing around originated?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maureen718 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 PM

This helps my original theory

Posted yesterday:

I just joined WS, but have been following for years, glad to be here. I live in the KC metro and can't get poor little Lisa off my mind. I have a theory about what may have happened. Hope this is allowed. Here goes. IMO!

-DB is involved in an affair with this "handyman" or "homeless" man that had been seen around the area. (I will call him "handy" from here on)
-DB knew JI was going to be working that evening/night for a while (at least a week)
-She planned an evening with "handy" while JI would be gone.
-Something happened that evening with Lisa being sick. Shaken, overdosed, suffocated...something happened and Lisa passed.
-"Handy" told DB that he would take the body and dispose.- don't like typing that!!
-"Handy" is the man that the neighbor man saw walking with a baby at midnight on his way to dispose of the body.

This is where i get stuck.... those damn phones!!!!!

-There is a reason police have been showing "handy's" photo to neighbors.
-This is why they were so quick to search the well today, "handy" may be homeless and may have known that house.
-The only thing I can't piece in is where JI is involved?? Is he clueless or is he trying to protect DB and his child?

You are all really good at this and will shoot holes in my theory, but I find myself growing really frustrated with this case and I'm grasping for ideas! Thoughts?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
----------
If what the barkeep says is a fact then all I can say is SonuvaB!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linajoy View Post
This helps my original theory

Posted yesterday:

I just joined WS, but have been following for years, glad to be here. I live in the KC metro and can't get poor little Lisa off my mind. I have a theory about what may have happened. Hope this is allowed. Here goes. IMO!

-DB is involved in an affair with this "handyman" or "homeless" man that had been seen around the area. (I will call him "handy" from here on)
-DB knew JI was going to be working that evening/night for a while (at least a week)
-She planned an evening with "handy" while JI would be gone.
-She went to the store with "handy" to get alchohol for the night and had the babysitter watch the kids.
-Something happened that evening with Lisa being sick. Shaken, overdosed, suffocated...something happened and Lisa passed.
-"Handy" told DB that he would take the body and dispose.- don't like typing that!!
-"Handy" is the man that the neighbor man saw walking with a baby at midnight on his way to dispose of the body.

This is where i get stuck.... those damn phones!!!!!

-There is a reason police have been showing "handy's" photo to neighbors.
-This is why they were so quick to search the well today, "handy" may be homeless and may have known that house.
-The only thing I can't piece in is where JI is involved?? Is he clueless or is he trying to protect DB and his child?

You are all really good at this and will shoot holes in my theory, but I find myself growing really frustrated with this case and I'm grasping for ideas! Thoughts?
But "handy" is NOT the man in the video from the store.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to wvjules For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:35 PM

My guess is they were showing a mug shot.

Wonder if the PI from NYC will be able to find Jersey? LOL LOL
Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Just the facts, ma'am

I'm trying to give Jersey the benefit of the doubt, but he sounds a little 'unstable'. How does Oct 1 fit the time line? tia
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliving View Post
I'm trying to give Jersey the benefit of the doubt, but he sounds a little 'unstable'. How does Oct 1 fit the time line? tia
Well, Lisa went missing on Oct 3rd/4th. No one other than Mom & Dad has been quoted as seeing her after a family birthday party on October 2nd.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
But "handy" is NOT the man in the video from the store.
Took that part out and it still makes sense??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to linajoy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen718 View Post
does anyone know where the photo of the handyman/homeless guy LE is showing around originated?
Not I and good question. Where would LE get a pic of a homeless man - now know in MSM as "Jersey"?

I suppose they (LE) could have gotten the pic from the bar's surveillance. So, "Jersey" frequented a somehwat "upscale" biker bar. Interesting.........where would a homeless man get money to go to the bar? Well, being a "handyman" doing odd jobs - I suppose.

I think (and this is JMHO) that "Jersey" probably liked to hang out in the patio (outside - smoking section) of the bar. From the reviews of the bar - I don't think he would have fit in being inside the bar. (This is from experience - we pitch horseshoes every Thursday at a local bar - there is an outside area with a chickee and the horsehoe pits. Very frequently we will have homeless wander in while we're playing and I've always thought they (homeless) must use that place to hang, especially at night when no one else is around).

I hope LE finds him - for him to go missing right around this time is very odd but could just be coincidential.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
Not I and good question. Where would LE get a pic of a homeless man - now know in MSM as "Jersey"?

I suppose they (LE) could have gotten the pic from the bar's surveillance. So, "Jersey" frequented a somehwat "upscale" biker bar. Interesting.........where would a homeless man get money to go to the bar? Well, being a "handyman" doing odd jobs - I suppose.

I think (and this is JMHO) that "Jersey" probably liked to hang out in the patio (outside - smoking section) of the bar. From the reviews of the bar - I don't think he would have fit in being inside the bar. (This is from experience - we pitch horseshoes every Thursday at a local bar - there is an outside area with a chickee and the horsehoe pits. Very frequently we will have homeless wander in while we're playing and I've always thought they (homeless) must use that place to hang, especially at night when no one else is around).

I hope LE finds him - for him to go missing right around this time is very odd but could just be coincidential.
Mugshot
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Heca, firimar!

So, did this guy ever encounter the family, or is this just some random guy who lived somewhere nearby?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:44 PM

He added that the man in question used to live near the house that was searched on Tuesday prior to being demolished.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz1abPYlwVe
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:44 PM

linajoy WELCOME!!!
to my knowledge the person DB was with at the store and the handyman/homeless guy are two different people. LE knows the identity of the person who she was shopping with her but they do not know the identity of the handy/homeless guy, however a bar owner has told LE he referred to him or the guy referred to himself as Jersey.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maureen718 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz1abPYlwVe
That is the part that concerns me the most!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by linajoy View Post
Took that part out and it still makes sense??
Ok. I was just pointing out that that particular part of your theory couldn't be true.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wvjules For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Mugshot
Yea, that too - but they would have to know his name to find a mugshot. Maybe some of the neighbors sat down and looked at LE's book of mugs - but I still kinda think they got it from that bar. Wonder if they really know his name? If they did, wouldn't they have released that - instead of saying that people know him as "Jersey"?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Do we know he is homeless? It says last seen living near, that could be an apartment or a room in a house.

Mugshot is the likely photo. Surely some neighbor had a rake or lawnmower he had used. or some other tool.

Outside guy makes sense to me. I just don't believe the mom did it and now I have seen the store video, i feel that way more strongly

ETA and Jersey could be what he is known as and calls himself, in LE too. All they had to do was check mugshots with that alias.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:

Didnt read through all the posts yet but will comment as needed. I dont know how they would get a mugshot when all the know is that he is known by the name of jersey, unless on his previous arrests he is known as jersey as an alias. I am going way out there on this one, but lets say DB was having an affair with this handyman, could it be possible she had a picture of him someplace? I know sounds far fetched but so far this whole case is far fetched to me.

Proud to say.. I have never been on the fence !!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frankie069 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Just the facts, ma'am

Homeless Jersey has not been seen since Lisa disappeared. It may just be that with LE combing the area, he decided it was a good time to find a new place to crash. Still I'm very glad they are checking him out.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:

hehe, and I wonder how long it will take to determine if the is a fan of material or if it is a regional reference?

A mug shot suggests LE knows the identity of this guy, does LE know the name of this guy?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maureen718 For This Useful Post:

I think they have his photo from a still image in the raw videos they subpoenaed.(How do you spell that?) lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wvjules For This Useful Post:

It could be as simple as the bar having a pic of him from an event they might have held or what-not.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curiousc For This Useful Post: