GA GA - Pat Moss, 77, Riverdale, 4 Sept 2011

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Clayton County police are still searching for a missing 77-year-old woman.

Pat Moss has been missing since Sept. 4 and suffers from dementia.

Moss was last seen at a home on Redland Drive in Riverdale.

She is described as African-American, 6'0", 160 pounds with brown eyes and short black hair. She was last seen wearing a long blue skirt, floral shirt and sandals.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/155...still-searching-for-missing-77-year-old-woman

Either that picture is REALLY old - or she is the youngest 77 year old I've ever seen!

Six weeks missing? That's not good......

Email Sent to Clayton County PD/PIO. Will post if I hear anything back.

--- On Mon, 12/12/11, Tina Daniel <Tina.Daniel@co.clayton.ga.us> wrote:

Subject: Re: GA - Pat Moss, 77, Riverdale, 4 Sept 2011
To: <redacted>
Date: Monday, December 12, 2011, 10:12 AM

Hello,
Unfortunately we are still looking for Ms Moss. We are still aggressively following leads in her case with the hopes of locating her.

Thanks,
Lt Daniel
Lt. Tina Daniel

Public Information Officer/Community Affairs Division
(770) 473-3935
fax (770) 477-3639
"Knowledge is Power"

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12549/0/

Case Information
Status Missing
First name Pat
Middle name
Last name Moss
Nickname/Alias Patsy Moss, Pat Walker
Date LKA September 04, 2011 07:00
Date entered 10/06/2011
Age LKA 77 to 78 years old
Age now 78 years old
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity Other
Sex Female
Height (inches) 60.0 to 70.0
Weight (pounds) 190.0 to 195.0

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/280371/3/Riverdale-woman-missing-for-more-than-a-year

11:24 AM, Mar 1, 2013

RIVERDALE, Ga. -- Police have not given up hope of finding a 78-year-old Riverdale woman who disappeared Sept. 4, 2011.

130301112247_patmoss1280.jpg

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/loved-ones-not-giving-hope-grandmother-missing-2-y/nd7Jb/
Posted: 6:02 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014
Loved ones not giving up hope for grandmother missing for 2 years
&#8220;It is considered a cold case but our cold cases are always active cases we continue to work them,&#8221; said Clayton County Police Capt. Angelo Daniel.
Daniel said though it's been an unusually long amount of time, his detectives are still investigating.
&#8220;We haven't had any leads and we encourage anyone with information to come forward it is critical that we speak with them,&#8221; Daniel said.

It has been 3 years now that Pat has been missing but this is the most recent article I could find. Pat's nephew is quoted in the article, too.

Pat Moss, 77: Grandmother With Alzheimer’s Vanishes In 2011

Pat-Moss-Missing-Georgia-1-1.jpg

Pat-Moss-Missing-Georgia-1-1-1.jpg

The loved ones of Pat Moss have never given up on finding out what happened to her back in 2011. Today (September 4) marks the 10-year anniversary since the beloved grandmother went missing from Riverdale, Georgia. We often read about cases involving mayhem and murder, but it is speculated that 77-year-old Pat Moss may have wandered away from her home in confusion.

Reports state that this decade-old case has run cold as authorities have exhausted leads. Pat’s nephew, Charles Brown, spoke with WBS-TV back in 2014 and was in disbelief as he questioned how a person who is connected to their loved ones could just disappear without a trace.

“I feel horrible. I feel really sad for my mother, it’s her sister. And my other aunt, they’re…our family is really, really small and there’s not many of us here,” Charles said at the time. “We have to have hope it’s all we have left in a situation like this.”

Pat was reportedly diagnosed with both dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease, and she reportedly suffered from bouts of confusion and memory loss before going missing. In the onset of the investigation into her missing person case, Pat’s loved ones passed out flyers door-to-door and kept the case at the forefront of people’s minds in the Riverdale area for as long as they could.

Not long after Pat went missing, a woman called authorities and told them that she gave the grandmother a ride to the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, about 15 to 20 minutes from Riverdale. Pat Moss reportedly expressed that she wanted to see her sister who lived in California, however, there was no indication that Pat purchased a plane ticket. Soon, leads dried out and police did not have any idea what happened to her.

“It is considered a cold case but our cold cases are always active cases, we continue to work them,” said Clayton County Police Capt. Angelo Daniel. “We haven’t had any leads and we encourage anyone with information to come forward. It is critical that we speak with them.”

Nephew Charles added, “We’re going to keep hope alive. I’m going to keep trucking back to Atlanta as often as I can so that no one forgets my Aunt Pat.”

At the time of her disappearance, Pat Moss stood 6 feet tall and weighed between 160 to 190 pounds. She had dark brown hair and brown eyes. Pat was last seen wearing a floral blouse and a long blue skirt. She reportedly speaks with a “Jamaican” or “Caribbean” accent. Pat did not drive and reportedly also went by the names “Joyce Walker, Joyce Cook, Pat Celena Walker, Pat Celena Ross, and Pat Celena Moss.” She would be 87-years-old at the time of this publication.

Anyone with information about this case is urged to contact the Clayton County Police Department at (770) 477-3747 or (770) 477-3406, or their local authorities. The agency cacse number is 11043809.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back