Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 12-29-2011, 10:18 AM
watcher9 watcher9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North GA
Posts: 2,580
Thanks for posting on the comments she made.
I must have missed it. Maybe time zone?
Now I can change channels.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:
  #102  
Old 12-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Tulessa's Avatar
Tulessa Tulessa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
Posts: 11,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
I'm saying IMO they did not prove that duct tape was on mouth nose or where it originated from period.
They didn't have to prove it. As JA said, in the untouched photo's of Caylee's remains, it was LITERALLY from ear to ear. Those are HIS words and I trust him.
__________________
Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

Alan and Lisa Tackett. Murdered, March 2008. Sweet Justice, 2012
Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:
  #103  
Old 12-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Nore's Avatar
Nore Nore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
Uh...maybe 'cause there wasn't a mouth or a nose left? Seeing that JA is a lay person he might have interpreted the doctor's findings as such.
--------------------
It was stated in the FULL autopsy papers. Too many times people read a few. There were many pages in that report. Anyone doubting go back and read the full autopsy. It also stated there was abuse as Caylees skull was not formed properly at death., It was at birth! read it all. very interesting read.
__________________
~Welcome to Lake Erie Snow~
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:
  #104  
Old 12-30-2011, 12:14 AM
Nore's Avatar
Nore Nore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
Bumping this because it's getting close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
They didn't have to prove it. As JA said, in the untouched photo's of Caylee's remains, it was LITERALLY from ear to ear. Those are HIS words and I trust him.
-------------------------------
Back again to push her up!!
__________________
~Welcome to Lake Erie Snow~
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:
  #105  
Old 12-30-2011, 10:57 AM
strawberry's Avatar
strawberry strawberry is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,353
The new season of Dr G starts tonight on Discovery Fit and Health. FYI
__________________
My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:
  #106  
Old 12-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Eric's_Iguana Eric's_Iguana is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nore View Post
--------------------
It was stated in the FULL autopsy papers. Too many times people read a few. There were many pages in that report. Anyone doubting go back and read the full autopsy. It also stated there was abuse as Caylees skull was not formed properly at death., It was at birth! read it all. very interesting read.
BBM

So, I wonder what sort of abuse that would be. Physical abuse? Neglect? Lying down in a car trunk?

My first thought was that I wish this had come out at trial, but those (unusual people) would have thought that GA did it.
__________________
Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eric's_Iguana For This Useful Post:
  #107  
Old 12-30-2011, 11:28 AM
passionflower's Avatar
passionflower passionflower is offline
Just 1 tip to find a killer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: STEELER COUNTRY!
Posts: 24,258
Is it still airing Jan 1 at 8pm EST?
__________________
Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
Justice for Hailey!!!!
No Justice for Caylee Marie..........
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:
  #108  
Old 12-30-2011, 11:38 AM
watcher9 watcher9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North GA
Posts: 2,580
I went back through this thread and found this quote posted by Kat (#58) telling when the episode about Caylee would be televised on two different channels. Jan 1st is this Sunday and Jan 6 will be on the following Friday in case you don't have your calendar up yet.

It will premiere at 8 p.m. Jan. 1 on TLC and repeat Jan. 6 on Discovery Fit & Health.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:
  #109  
Old 12-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Aedrys's Avatar
Aedrys Aedrys is offline
If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric's_Iguana View Post
BBM

So, I wonder what sort of abuse that would be. Physical abuse? Neglect? Lying down in a car trunk?

My first thought was that I wish this had come out at trial, but those (unusual people) would have thought that GA did it.
The only thing I remember is that her skull was malformed from her lying down a lot as a baby, way more than normal. It wasn't because of her death. It could mean that Casey left her lying down a lot instead of interacting with her as a baby. It definitely shows that Caylee was neglected as a baby by Casey if her skull never formed properly. I think there was a thread about this and the info was disputed or something like that. I didn't know it was in the autopsy report, though. I don't know where we heard it from, maybe it was the autopsy report and I just don't remember that tidbit.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:
  #110  
Old 12-30-2011, 11:45 AM
LambChop's Avatar
LambChop LambChop is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT/NC
Posts: 17,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric's_Iguana View Post
BBM

So, I wonder what sort of abuse that would be. Physical abuse? Neglect? Lying down in a car trunk?

My first thought was that I wish this had come out at trial, but those (unusual people) would have thought that GA did it.
I don't know that it was pointed out as abuse as much as it appears Caylee had a condition where the skull was not forming properly. The only abuse I could see from that would be who was her doctor and why didn't he find it when it appears it was treatable. jmo
__________________
A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
  #111  
Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Aedrys's Avatar
Aedrys Aedrys is offline
If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
I don't know that it was pointed out as abuse as much as it appears Caylee had a condition where the skull was not forming properly. The only abuse I could see from that would be who was her doctor and why didn't he find it when it appears it was treatable. jmo
I don't think Caylee ever had a doctor. That's the problem. Wasn't it said somewhere that no medical records could be found for Caylee? That she was never taken to a doctor for anything? I think Cindy was her "doctor" and that explains a whole lot right there.
Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:
  #112  
Old 12-30-2011, 11:49 AM
LambChop's Avatar
LambChop LambChop is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT/NC
Posts: 17,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
The only thing I remember is that her skull was malformed from her lying down a lot as a baby, way more than normal. It wasn't because of her death. It could mean that Casey left her lying down a lot instead of interacting with her as a baby. It definitely shows that Caylee was neglected as a baby by Casey if her skull never formed properly. I think there was a thread about this and the info was disputed or something like that. I didn't know it was in the autopsy report, though. I don't know where we heard it from, maybe it was the autopsy report and I just don't remember that tidbit.
Exactly.......and why, oh why if she were seeing a pediatrician regularly didn't the doctor pick that up??????? jmo
__________________
A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
  #113  
Old 12-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Nore's Avatar
Nore Nore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric's_Iguana View Post
BBM

So, I wonder what sort of abuse that would be. Physical abuse? Neglect? Lying down in a car trunk?

My first thought was that I wish this had come out at trial, but those (unusual people) would have thought that GA did it.
--------------------------
The back of Caylees head right down the middle was fully fused already.This is not supposed to happen until later in life, Dr.G. has seen newly fused in 70 and 80 year old people. I think we have all seen in our lifetime a person with one side of head flattened out. this can be a reason for it. Caylee spent a lot of time lying in one position. Those bones are soft and do not fuse so easy. This is all in the autopsy report, way near the end. It is considered abuse.
__________________
~Welcome to Lake Erie Snow~
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:
  #114  
Old 12-30-2011, 01:24 PM
strawberry's Avatar
strawberry strawberry is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,353
I remember reading that there was "premature synostosis" of one of the sutures. I'm not sure whether that would have been caused by lying flat but the red flag it raised to me was whether Caylee had been followed properly by a doctor who could have caught that.
__________________
My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:
  #115  
Old 12-30-2011, 01:27 PM
zippitydoda's Avatar
zippitydoda zippitydoda is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,902
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0619/19802034.pdf

Page 13, it notes that Caylee had visited a pediatrician, and that there was no significant trauma or pathology noted in her medical records.

OCA said (I know, I know) that Caylee's Dr's name was Silvo (???) in her Universal interview, and that Caylee had one cold in her life that lasted two days.
__________________
Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:
  #116  
Old 12-30-2011, 01:46 PM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
I don't know that it was pointed out as abuse as much as it appears Caylee had a condition where the skull was not forming properly. The only abuse I could see from that would be who was her doctor and why didn't he find it when it appears it was treatable. jmo
Do we even know if Caylee had regular check-ups? Something tells me that she may have when she was an infant, but then after, nurse Cindy felt she knew better than anyone. I mean, Casey waited 7 months before she even got any kind of prenatal care. Which some people see as a form of abuse too... so much so, that I know here in Florida, the mothers who wait so long to get medical care for a pregnancy are questioned about it.
__________________
Justice for Trayvon
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:
  #117  
Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 PM
strawberry's Avatar
strawberry strawberry is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
Do we even know if Caylee had regular check-ups? Something tells me that she may have when she was an infant, but then after, nurse Cindy felt she knew better than anyone. I mean, Casey waited 7 months before she even got any kind of prenatal care. Which some people see as a form of abuse too... so much so, that I know here in Florida, the mothers who wait so long to get medical care for a pregnancy are questioned about it.
From watching Dr. G she usually does get complete medical records. Maybe she'll go into that.
__________________
My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:
  #118  
Old 12-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Horace Finklestein Horace Finklestein is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
fwiw, no where in the autopsy report does it state that tape was "wrapped around" the face, mouth and nose. It actually states that tape was attached to the hair and overlying the mandible and maxilla, per Dr Utz (the first ME to examine the remains). Dr Shultz states that it can be INFERRED that the tape was what could have held the mandible in place. However, it is also noted that plant growth had permeated the remains. IMO, this too could have held the mandible. And that is exactly what CSI Hanson, Dr. Shultz and Dr. Utz testified to in court. No expert testified that the duct tape was responsible for holding the mandible in place during the decompositional process in court. Also, IMO, the muck could have been responsible for the position of the skull and mandible. I don't see how the duct tape could have held the mandible. The skin, hair and duct tape would have loosened before the jaw muscles decomposed. The PT theory the tape was applied to the skin, then skin loosened and fell off the face but somehow the tape held enough to keep the mandible in anatomical postion? IMO, I just can't buy it. Again, all JMOO.

ETA: As to Dr. Spitz, his theory was just a smokescreen put on by the defense.
Are you serious? Is this a joke? I really can't tell...Did the rarer Henkel duct tape also found in the Anthonys' possession just float on to her face in the swamp? What is the purpose of postulating such nonsense? It's just silly.
__________________
Justice for GEORGE!
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:
  #119  
Old 12-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Horace Finklestein Horace Finklestein is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
Do we even know if Caylee had regular check-ups? Something tells me that she may have when she was an infant, but then after, nurse Cindy felt she knew better than anyone. I mean, Casey waited 7 months before she even got any kind of prenatal care. Which some people see as a form of abuse too... so much so, that I know here in Florida, the mothers who wait so long to get medical care for a pregnancy are questioned about it.
I could easily see "responsible" ICA accepting $$ from Cindy under the pretense of appointments for Caylee's medical care/check ups...and well, we all know what would have happened to that money.
__________________
Justice for GEORGE!
Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:
  #120  
Old 12-30-2011, 03:15 PM
MaryAnn MaryAnn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
The only thing I remember is that her skull was malformed from her lying down a lot as a baby, way more than normal. It wasn't because of her death. It could mean that Casey left her lying down a lot instead of interacting with her as a baby. It definitely shows that Caylee was neglected as a baby by Casey if her skull never formed properly. I think there was a thread about this and the info was disputed or something like that. I didn't know it was in the autopsy report, though. I don't know where we heard it from, maybe it was the autopsy report and I just don't remember that tidbit.
OMG, this is one thing I never knew about sweet Caylee. I hate Casey
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaryAnn For This Useful Post:
  #121  
Old 12-30-2011, 03:37 PM
LambChop's Avatar
LambChop LambChop is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT/NC
Posts: 17,560
I look at it this way, and this is just my opinion.....Caylee made sure that duct tape stayed right there in all that weather, holding her jaw in place, to send to message to us all.....please don't let this woman have any more children. jmo
__________________
A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon
Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
  #122  
Old 12-30-2011, 04:00 PM
LambChop's Avatar
LambChop LambChop is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT/NC
Posts: 17,560
And didn't defense spend a lot of money on Dr. Spitz to testify that "someone" took the skull and placed duct tape on it after KC had gone to jail. So essentially defense is agreeing that there was duct tape around Caylee's face. The disagreement is when it was placed there. And I think the fact that when Dr. Spitz unhinged the jaw it was quite obvious to the majority that the jaw does not stay attached. Then further confirmed that it is not so easy, even for Dr. Spitz, to put that jaw back in place easily. He, in fact, never did and he's the expert. jmo
__________________
A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon
Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
  #123  
Old 12-30-2011, 04:18 PM
zippitydoda's Avatar
zippitydoda zippitydoda is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
fwiw, no where in the autopsy report does it state that tape was "wrapped around" the face, mouth and nose. It actually states that tape was attached to the hair and overlying the mandible and maxilla, per Dr Utz (the first ME to examine the remains). Dr Shultz states that it can be INFERRED that the tape was what could have held the mandible in place. However, it is also noted that plant growth had permeated the remains. IMO, this too could have held the mandible. And that is exactly what CSI Hanson, Dr. Shultz and Dr. Utz testified to in court. No expert testified that the duct tape was responsible for holding the mandible in place during the decompositional process in court. Also, IMO, the muck could have been responsible for the position of the skull and mandible. I don't see how the duct tape could have held the mandible. The skin, hair and duct tape would have loosened before the jaw muscles decomposed. The PT theory the tape was applied to the skin, then skin loosened and fell off the face but somehow the tape held enough to keep the mandible in anatomical postion? IMO, I just can't buy it. Again, all JMOO.

ETA: As to Dr. Spitz, his theory was just a smokescreen put on by the defense.
Personally, I like it when posters use the actual facts and post a link to confirm them.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0619/19802034.pdf

Page 2
C. Several overlapping pieces of duct tape, over the anterior portion of the lower skull, including mandible and a portion of the maxilla
1. Duct tape still attached to scalp hairs
2. Mandible still in approximate anatomic position with no visible attached soft tissue beneath the duct tape

Page 3
"The circumstances of death are that this toddler child, with no known medical history, was not reported missing to authorities for approximately 30 days. This child's remains were eventually found in a wooded, overgrown area, discarded with two trash bags and a laundry bag. Although there is no trauma evident on the skeleton, there is duct tape over the lower facial region still attached to head hair. This duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible in place."

Page 11
Item #2 consists of a paper bag containing a juvenile human skull, matted hair, tape and leaf litter. The skull is removed from the bag, photographed, and xrays are obtained.

The calvarium is totally exposed and there is only a very small amount of adherent soil and leaf litter. No soft tissue remains. Multiple strands of medium brown straight hair extend over the calvarium in the sagittal and coronal planes. They are attached to a nest-like mass of matted hair which covers the basilar and lower posterior skull, including inferior portions of the mandible. Plant roots have grown into and over the surface of the hair mat. Attached to the hair and overlying the posterior mandible and maxilla are several pieces of overlapping gray tape. The tape has an open weave fabric backing and is delaminating. The tape is removed and allowed to dry. The matted hair is removed from the skull. Plant roots permeate the mat and there are multiple small roughly circular, irregular defects in the mat, suggestive of insect predation artifact. The hair is permitted to dry pending additional examination. Preliminary examination of the skull reveals no evidence of trauma.
__________________
Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.
Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:
  #124  
Old 12-30-2011, 06:47 PM
zachs mema zachs mema is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14
Once a child is born, I believe the state keeps up with them regarding their shots. When my daughter was born, the state of NJ sent me a letter telling me where I could get her shots if I could not afford them. I can't see Cindy not getting her 3 month, six month, etc., shots. What I can see her do is treat Caylee for everything else. I know now babies are supposed to always sleep on their backs, and that moving their heads from side to side will help from getting a flat scalp. Dirt bag kc didn't have it in her to do even that. Caylee the most beautiful angel did not stand a chance. Not with the mother, or the grandmother. I'm a grandmother, and I don't know how Cindy can live with herself. She knew how irresponsible her daughter was, and did nothing to protect Caylee. I hold Cindy responsible. George didin't have the walnuts to do anything about it. I will be watching this, as Dr. G will finally tell the disgusting 12 what should have been obvious. I'm still not dealing with this well. Rest in Peace sweet Caylee
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zachs mema For This Useful Post:
  #125  
Old 12-30-2011, 07:31 PM
LambChop's Avatar
LambChop LambChop is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT/NC
Posts: 17,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachs mema View Post
Once a child is born, I believe the state keeps up with them regarding their shots. When my daughter was born, the state of NJ sent me a letter telling me where I could get her shots if I could not afford them. I can't see Cindy not getting her 3 month, six month, etc., shots. What I can see her do is treat Caylee for everything else. I know now babies are supposed to always sleep on their backs, and that moving their heads from side to side will help from getting a flat scalp. Dirt bag kc didn't have it in her to do even that. Caylee the most beautiful angel did not stand a chance. Not with the mother, or the grandmother. I'm a grandmother, and I don't know how Cindy can live with herself. She knew how irresponsible her daughter was, and did nothing to protect Caylee. I hold Cindy responsible. George didin't have the walnuts to do anything about it. I will be watching this, as Dr. G will finally tell the disgusting 12 what should have been obvious. I'm still not dealing with this well. Rest in Peace sweet Caylee
I'd like to say GA more than likely did say something because it was shortly after Caylee was born that he left. He was home during the day so he would have known how well, or more likely not, Caylee was being cared for. My guess is the only way he could come home was to agree to let Cindy handle everything. Maybe in his small way he thought he could at least keep an eye on things to protect Caylee the best way he could. GA said himself that he felt KC had some major problems. That she wasn't in a good place at the time. I think Caylee meant the world to him.

Caylee meant no more to KC than a squirrel that might have run across the road in front of her while she was driving. No more, no less. jmo
__________________
A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon
Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"The Untold Story of Caylee Anthony" 48 Hours special on ID Channel now PrayersForMaura Caylee Anthony 2 years old 66 01-30-2011 10:54 AM
2010.05.07 Caylee special on In Session right now! s1rebecca Caylee Anthony 2 years old 47 05-07-2010 03:26 PM
Special Report on Caylee Anthony Case Levi Caylee Anthony 2 years old 7 12-20-2009 10:58 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!