Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion

Notices

Missing but not forgotten Discussion This Forum is for case discussion and opinion regarding all missing persons who have not been forgotten despite the number of years they have been missing. Many members have loved ones here & need your help to bring them home!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 04:13 PM
WS Moderator

WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #5

Please continue here.

2-year-old Sky Metalwala was last seen around 9:00 am on Sunday, November 6, 2011. Sky's mother reported that her car ran out of gas in Bellevue, Washington at that time. She said she left Sky in the unlocked vehicle and walked with her daughter, who is 4, about a mile to a gas station. When she returned approximately 1 hour later, Sky was missing.

An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Sky. He was last seen wearing, a grey hooded sweatshirt, black and aqua blue sweatpants, and white socks. The FBI has been called in to assist in the investigation.

TIPLINE: 425-452-2564
pdtipline@bellevuewa.gov

NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

PREVIOUS THREADS
Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:15 PM

Thanks, SWMNBN.

Am I the only one who thinks mom (or one of her relatives) is going to crack and this case is going to be solved? I rarely hold out hope for that, but in this case I think mom is going to give it up.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to CharlestonGal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmchick View Post
but the point I was trying to make is that why does Julia need a lawyer who's locally famous for getting charges dropped when she doesn't have any charges against her? When you hire someone this (locally) high profile, what does that say about what you are expecting to come out about you?

If you are going to hire an attorney for any reason wouldn't you hire what you perceive to be the best that you could get and afford for the case that you need them for? I just don't understand your line of thinking? Should she hire someone that isn't as well known so that she doesn't draw as much suspicion to herself because it's already a little late for that? (couldn't find a confused smiley)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Camille For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlestonGal View Post
Thanks, SWMNBN.

Am I the only one who thinks mom (or one of her relatives) is going to crack and this case is going to be solved? I rarely hold out hope for that, but in this case I think mom is going to give it up.
I hope so- I don't think she is a mastermind for sure
Old 11-10-2011, 04:21 PM

I agree they could get mom to talk. Especially considering the statement "we don't have any evidence to believe Sky is anywhere other than" the apartment he lived at or near where his mother said her car broke down shortly before the boy's reported disappearance. That is a loaded statement that sounds like they do have evidence that he is nearby.
They must know something/have some video to use to pressure this mother or someone close to her to confess.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/poli...ear-old/nFZs3/
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ingra1327 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingra1327 View Post
I agree they could get mom to talk. Especially considering the statement "we don't have any evidence to believe Sky is anywhere other than" the apartment he lived at or near where his mother said her car broke down shortly before the boy's reported disappearance. That is a loaded statement that sounds like they do have evidence that he is nearby.
They must know something/have some video to use to pressure this mother or someone close to her to confess.

I hope that he meant to say apartment building.. otherwise, what do they think, he's behind the bathroom wall?!?
Old 11-10-2011, 04:29 PM

Here is the exact wording regarding the possibility that Sky was drugged.
Q: Do you have any sort of connection with her parenting when it comes to using drugs to put him to sleep or used to sedate him in any way?
A: We've heard about some of those things just like you have and it's something that's part of the investigation and we're hoping to get answers and document all of that as part of the investigation.

Press conference now online: http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/ra...fing-on/vD78F/

Last edited by ingra1327; 11-10-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Mother Seeking Justice

Quote:

I don't have time to get check at this point. Did he actually use the past tense "lived"?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc81 View Post
I hope that he meant to say apartment building.. otherwise, what do they think, he's behind the bathroom wall?!?
Sorry, I was typing fast. The exact quote:
“We don't have any evidence to believe Sky is anywhere else other than either, you know, near the apartment where he lived or near the area where he was left in the car.”
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ingra1327 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
“We don't have any evidence to believe Sky is anywhere else other than either, you know, near the apartment where he lived or near the area where he was left in the car.”
ah, see I listened to the PC, but forgot how it was worded! Thanks for fixing and reminding me how it was said!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerRed View Post
I don't have time to get check at this point. Did he actually use the past tense "lived"?
He said "where he lived".
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ingra1327 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

Quote:
I think LE must believe that she acted alone, or else they would entertain the possibility that he was taken elsewhere. They're thinking of places the mom could easily have accessed, IMO.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Mother Seeking Justice

Quote:
He said "where he lived".
I don't like the past tense. Not at all.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:43 PM

Someone said in the previous thread they thought the PC was talking in code. Sorta. If I could translate that into normal people speak it would go something like this:

" Mom did it. We can't call her a suspect but she is. Now we just have to prove it."
DISCLAIMER: This post is meant for recreational purposes only. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. For off-road use only. One size fits all. Slippery when wet. No purchase necessary. Use only in well-ventilated area. This supersedes all previous notices.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Mother Seeking Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassyT View Post
Someone said in the previous thread they thought the PC was talking in code. Sorta. If I could translate that into normal people speak it would go something like this:

" Mom did it. We can't call her a suspect but she is. Now we just have to prove it."
I've had that feeling ever since the Lt. took over the pressers. He hasn't exactly been subtle, and I appreciate it.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each

Still catching up but am only a few posts to go and I've somehow missed the posts with this latest info of mom having used meds on children to make them sleep.. I've seen several posts discussing it but can't locate where this latest info originated.. If anyone's in here presently would you kindly point me to a link to where we learned this latest disturbing detail?

TIA
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
Still catching up but am only a few posts to go and I've somehow missed the posts with this latest info of mom having used meds on children to make them sleep.. I've seen several posts discussing it but can't locate where this latest info originated.. Of anyone's in here presently would you kindly point me to a link to where we learned this latest disturbing detail?

TIA
It's from this morning's press conference. The exact wording is in a post just above. As is the link to the presser.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ingra1327 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each

Thumbs up

Quote:
Here is the exact wording regarding the possibility that Sky was drugged.
Q: Do you have any sort of connection with her parenting when it comes to using drugs to put him to sleep or used to sedate him in any way?
A: We've heard about some of those things just like you have and it's something that's part of the investigation and we're hoping to get answers and document all of that as part of the investigation.

Press conference now online: http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/ra...fing-on/vD78F/
Quote:
It's from this morning's press conference. The exact wording is in a post just above. As is the link to the presser.

Thank you so much ingra!! And I wanted to say I really appreciate all of your trascribing, documenting, and posting all of the important info and details about precious little Sky's case.. You have been a tremendous help as I've not been able to watch a single pc(still via mobile) but feel as tho I've not even missed so much as a pronoun or adjective that was stated in the pressers THANKS ALL TO YOU, INGRA!!

You're greatly appreciated!!((((HUGS))))
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:59 PM

trying not to read too much into the "lived" statement and here is why

but said "we don't have any evidence to believe Sky is anywhere other than" the apartment he lived at or near where his mother said her car broke down shortly before the boy's reported disappearance.

UBM is the portion within quotes that I believe is being ascribed to LE Johnson. The portion I have turned red is not in quotes and therefore maybe not the exact wording used by Johnson. Is it possible that this portion is parphrasing of the rest of his sentence by reporter.

Sorry if I am mistaken and if there are those who heard with their own ears. I am puter access challenged last few weeks so only pop in and out for updates and did not hear the Presser, am simply reading here and the linked articles.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
trying not to read too much into the "lived" statement and here is why

but said "we don't have any evidence to believe Sky is anywhere other than" the apartment he lived at or near where his mother said her car broke down shortly before the boy's reported disappearance.

UBM is the portion within quotes that I believe is being ascribed to LE Johnson. The portion I have turned red is not in quotes and therefore maybe not the exact wording used by Johnson. Is it possible that this portion is parphrasing of the rest of his sentence by reporter.

Sorry if I am mistaken and if there are those who heard with their own ears. I am puter access challenged last few weeks so only pop in and out for updates and did not hear the Presser, am simply reading here and the linked articles.
To clarify:

This first part in quotes was taken from the article at

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/poli...ear-old/nFZs3/. They only used quotes around that first part.

Then I went back and listened to the presser and transcribed this:
"We don't have any evidence to believe Sky is anywhere else other than either, you know, near the apartment where he lived or near the area where he was left in the car" word for word. He definitely said "lived".
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ingra1327 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 PM

I am catching up from the other thread and I saw the possibility that she could have given the child melatonin...but is this something you would give a 2 year old? I know what it is, I just question the safety of a child that young.

Also, as to the gas, I think that zombie squirrels put it in the car.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HRCODEPINK For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCODEPINK View Post
I am catching up from the other thread and I saw the possibility that she could have given the child melatonin...but is this something you would give a 2 year old? I know what it is, I just question the safety of a child that young.

Also, as to the gas, I think that zombie squirrels put it in the car.
Nobody mentioned a specific drug at the press conference. Just the possibility that there were drugs used to sedate or put Sky to sleep.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ingra1327 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 05:18 PM
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

"I believe my son is coming back and I'm focusing on that," Sky's father, Solomon Metalwala, told KOMO News. "I don't focus on other kinds of theories, I'm just focusing on he's coming back and that's where I'm receiving my strength."

He says it's important that everyone hear about his missing son.

"I want the world to know to... find my son," he said. "Anything can happen, the more people know, the better it is."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/133635493.html
Old 11-10-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Nobody mentioned a specific drug as the press conference. Just the possibility that there were drugs used to sedate or put Sky to sleep.
I know, but someone replied to me asking about her doing that with her being homeopathic/organic saying that she could have been using melatonin and gave a link to an article about people using that with their kids. I am curious about how safe that would be at that age. My daughter has a blood disorder that she got from me where our bodies think we don't need vitamins and minerals and our bodies throw it away. I was not allowed to give her any vitamins until she was 3 because it wouldn't be safe, so until then we dealt with Pica.

ETA: Sorry, I should have been clearer on my post above.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HRCODEPINK For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 05:22 PM

Sorry to jump in here, but I'm wondering if well-meaning folks are calling/emailing LE with their theories, including using drugs to get Sky to sleep. That's my take any way of how it's been "heard".
Also, from the info I garnered from listening to the likes of HLN and NG...I gather that the sister did first say that Sky was in the car. My question is...did he appear to be asleep or was he awake? Anyone have any info about the police interview?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread