Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond

Notices

Recently Sentenced and Beyond This forum is for continued discussion about the recently sentenced.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
I'm also wondering about the lighting at the playground at 5pm. It's dark out now by 5pm. Unless the playground is well lit and surrounded by common area street lights or the lights in the parking lot, it seems awfully late for a baby sitter to still have the kids playing at a playground at 5pm this time of year.

But I do know some apartment complexes are well lit and there may have been enough light for the kids to still play that late. Especially with the playgrounds proximity to what looks like the parking area for the apartment complex.

I live in East Tx and it doesn't get dark here until around 6:00. I do agree that if there were other kids in the playground, someone had to have seen her.
Such a pretty little girl... I hope she is found safe. It seems like another child goes missing every day... and that's just the ones that are reported on here.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 11:19 AM

Tips but no solid leads in search for missing girl, 7

{snip}
"We don't think the child's mother had anything to do with her disappearance at this point," Det. Worthy wrote in an e-mail.

(referring to children taken into DFACS custody) "We just think that she was not supervising well enough to keep all of the children safe," Det. Worthy wrote.

She was in the care of a babysitter when she went back to her apartment to get a drink for her and some other children, Det. Worthy said.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/...missing-girl-7

The article also states:
- lots of tips but no leads
- working to rule out all sex offenders in area
- father lives in Florida
- no witnesses have come forward so no Levi's call issued, no description of person or vehicle
- Jorelys is 4 feet tall, 80 pounds

The article also has a video of the mother speaking through an interpreter.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Verified Juanette

How far did she have to go to get drinks for the other kids? It sounds like she was going past the other apartments and through a parking lot. I hope they have searched the neighbors cars and bedrooms.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:23 AM
The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.

Do we know how many kids were at the playground? Maybe once the babysitter went back, along with some other kids, Jorely decided to after to go along, and got sidetracked by a person....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to keeponsearching For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
How far did she have to go to get drinks for the other kids? It sounds like she was going past the other apartments and through a parking lot. I hope they have searched the neighbors cars and bedrooms.
I haven't seen where her apartment is located or how close it is to the play ground. One of the articles had pictures of LE searching vehicles and I think the article also stated LE went searching door to door.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponsearching View Post
Do we know how many kids were at the playground? Maybe once the babysitter went back, along with some other kids, Jorely decided to after to go along, and got sidetracked by a person....
I don't think it's been stated how many kids were at the playground. I'm guessing her other two siblings were there with her and the babysitter since the other was sleeping. It's now being said that Jorely was the one who went back for drinks, not the babysitter.

I'm afraid a neighbor, someone visiting someone in the apartment complex, or even possibly someone passing through could have taken her and immediately left before it was noticed she was missing.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

So now we have a clarification, Jorely went back to the apartment to get drinks and not the babysitter. Are there cameras in the complex?
Old 12-04-2011, 11:52 AM
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Thanks everyone for letting me know it is still light outside at 5pm further south.

From the above link in Peachy's post #52:

She was in the care of a babysitter when she went back to her apartment to get a drink for her and some other children, Det. Worthy said.
She never came back.

This sounds like Jorely left the playground to go get everyone drinks and never came back. If that's the case, I wonder if she got sidetracked and went to stay at another friends. If so, I don't know why she wouldn't have showed up yesterday. Though it is a weekend, and some parents wouldn't think about confirming a child could stay overnight, or even stay all weekend.

My other thought is someone abducted her enroute to the apartment. We don't know as of yet how far the walk was from the playground to her particular apartment.

Praying Jorely is found safely today.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 12:06 PM

WSBTV local news broadcast...

LE is beginning another massive search
mother went to church this morning to pray

No new information reported.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Search continues for abducted 7-year-old Canton girl

Police and other searchers were using the parking lot of Carmike Cinemas Riverstone as a staging area Sunday, said Detective Candy Worthy.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/sea...d-1249642.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 12:37 PM

This is one case that sounds like a true abduction to me...unlike almost any of the other cases currently on the boards...JMO. I wonder if there are any cameras in the area? How far was she supposed to have had to go to get from play area back to apartment?
Old 12-04-2011, 01:01 PM

http://canton.11alive.com/news/news/...missing-girl-7

"Jorelys was last seen at about 5 p.m. Friday at a playground at the River Ridge Apartment complex. She was in the care of a babysitter when she went back to her apartment to get a drink for her and some other children, Det. Worthy said."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to serveitup For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
I haven't seen where her apartment is located or how close it is to the play ground. One of the articles had pictures of LE searching vehicles and I think the article also stated LE went searching door to door.
http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/index-2.html
http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/index-4.html

It says there are two playgrounds located within the complex. The pics are not helpful, but fwiw. It's the second link.

What scares me the most about Jorely is, it seems to be general knowledge among the neighbors that Jorely and her siblings were not well supervised. Perfect scenario for a predator to watch and act upon.

Was there a boyfriend in the picture here?
Old 12-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Semper Fi

I know LE can't just bust in and search all the apartments. I feel she is there somewhere though. I wonder who hasn't answered the door or refused a search? Do we know how long it was between the time Jorely went missing and when she was reported missing?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
This is one case that sounds like a true abduction to me...unlike almost any of the other cases currently on the boards...JMO. I wonder if there are any cameras in the area? How far was she supposed to have had to go to get from play area back to apartment?
I have to agree that this case sounds like a true abduction.

I don't know how close or far her apartment was from the playground, but at 5:30, the parking lot would not only be filling up with cars, but it would be dusk.

As far as cameras, I don't think the complex itself has any to speak of. I'm not familiar with that particular area of Canton, but I can tell you that lots of areas of Canton and Cherokee county can be pretty rural. As in, lots of country backroads once you get out of the 'burbs. (Because metro-Atlanta traffic is so bad, even heading into or out of the 'burbs, most locals know a rural back-way to almost anywhere, just to avoid getting on a busy expressway or congested thoroughfare.)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Magdalyn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
I know LE can't just bust in and search all the apartments. I feel she is there somewhere though. I wonder who hasn't answered the door or refused a search? Do we know how long it was between the time Jorely went missing and when she was reported missing?
BBM
I thought it was pretty quickly. Like she was last seen around 5 and police were called at 5:30. I'll have to check.

ETA: Most articles I'm reading state police began searching at 5:30.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Magdalyn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 01:53 PM

This video shows the playground. It looks like it is at the end of a group of apartments and adjacent to the parking/access road.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
At your video link Peachy ... At :56 mark, "Jorely left the playground to go get some drinks at her apartment, just across the parking lot".

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/sea...d-1249642.html
Wow, so she didn't have far to go it sounds like. This video also says Mom was asleep in the apartment while this happened, so I assume she doesn't know if Jorely made it into the apartment or not. I wish one of the reporters would video walk her path so we could see the exact route.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:05 PM

A few reporters are covering Jorely on Twitter ...

http://twitter.com/#!/search/Jorely%20Rivera
Old 12-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Auntie JP

Let me throw this thought out..do we know for sure the teenage babysitter was a girl could it have been a boy? I believe I read the teenager lives in the home?
Old 12-04-2011, 02:47 PM

Don't think this has anything really new, but this update was posted about an hour ago it looks like. Sorry if someone already posted it.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/2...d-was-abducted

Some photos of the search if you click on the hyperlink imbedded in the article. Looks like SAR dogs are on the scene.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Magdalyn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 02:49 PM
WS Moderator

Sounds a lot like Sandra Cantu, too. Disappeared in her own apartment complex. If we get a video of her skipping happily across the parking lot I might just lose it.

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 02:52 PM

Some of the details are incorrect, but I wanted to get a flyer up in the thread.

-Jorely left to get drinks, not the teen babysitter.
-Mom was not out of town, she was in the apartment sleeping.
-Father lives in Florida, not Puerto Rico (still conflicting reports on this detail).
-Last seen around 5:00 PM, Police were called at 5:30 PM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg securedownload.jpg (52.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-04-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPeachy View Post
Let me throw this thought out..do we know for sure the teenage babysitter was a girl could it have been a boy? I believe I read the teenager lives in the home?
Huh! You're right. It could be. I think some of the misunderstanding of whether Jorely went for the drinks or the babysitter did had to do with the way the articles were written and most of us thinking female when we read 'babysitter'. I think most of the articles say that J was playing at a playground under the supervision of a teenaged babysitter when SHE went to get drinks. Some of us assumed the 'she' was the babysitter, but I think it's J who went and we just had an example of poor editing on some of these articles.

So, yes, the babysitter could be male. And yes, the articles I've read mention the sitter lives in the home with them.

ETA: I see this missing poster does clarify it was a teenaged girl.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Magdalyn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 03:40 PM

A few comments from people who know Jorely and her family. One person has more to say on her own personal fb page.

http://www.11alive.com/comments/2157...missing-girl-7