Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion

Notices

Missing but not forgotten Discussion This Forum is for case discussion and opinion regarding all missing persons who have not been forgotten despite the number of years they have been missing. Many members have loved ones here & need your help to bring them home!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBitty35 View Post
Okay, on Michelle's official facebook run by her family, someone just posted "We need to look east side of 417 exit 22" awfully specific information. KWIM?
Exit 22 is where Narcossee Rd. intersects with 417. A relatively straight shot from DS's condo IMO.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLil View Post
Exit 22 is where Narcossee Rd. intersects with 417. A relatively straight shot from DS's condo IMO.
Is it a wooded area? Is there water?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bittiness39 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
It is very difficult for LE to prove someone is deceased without a body or a crime scene or some other compelling evidence, i.e. maybe a suicide note at the edge of a lake, for example. And then to put together a case based on circumstances which include the presumption of death, well, that is even more difficult. I'm just not sure how much LE can do, if Michelle is not found. I've read the much-mentioned on WS website which details "no body" cases going back a century or so, and almost all of them have either a crime scene or a witness to acts of physical violence/specific threats against the victim by the suspect, at the very least. And those that were pursued were usually charged years after the person went missing...

Locating Michelle is really the key to everything...JMO. Hoping that phone turns out to be a literal roadmap.
Remember Carrie Culberson..Vincent Doan was convicted here in Ohio without a body (still not found) and it didn't take years. Of course, he was an abuser with a history...^i^ This case was in my backyard (so to speak) and I never forget Carrie.

"I believe there are angels among us..."

Last edited by Storm; 12-14-2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Storm For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Yes there are both.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exit 22.JPG (101.8 KB, 50 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Without my looking it up, sorry, but is this near Ironhorse's sighting??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyTinkieGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Odd comment about an area to search posted on Michelle's FB site. Likely nothing more than our own speculation about probably areas but strange it specifically names exit 22 on the East side of SR 417. Just stuck me as oddly specific IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/michelleparkermissingperson
Where is this posted and why am I not seeing it?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Okay, on Michelle's official facebook run by her family, someone just posted "We need to look east side of 417 exit 22" awfully specific information. KWIM?

There is a toll road nearby . . . . maybe an epass? Info from the phone?
Old 12-14-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Wow looks like you got a whole different spot than I did (but I googled) . . . I will try yours as it appears to be much more in line with what we have seen previously.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic Sleuth View Post
Where is this posted and why am I not seeing it?
It's under today's post starting with "27 days..." 10th comment down under that post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:39 AM

Given a choice, wouldnt one hide a body in water over ground? Especially in florida where u can get gator help?
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mountainguy777 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl View Post
Without my looking it up, sorry, but is this near Ironhorse's sighting??
Nowhere close. This area is SE of the airport. Not really near anything that's been mentioned before.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Justice for Travis!!

I sent him a message and asked why he thinks this area needs searched. Maybe he will reply???
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LostOldUserName For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Verified Aquaculturalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodynoz View Post
A bit more info:

What do alligators eat?

Alligators primarily hunt at dusk or during the night. They lay motionless in wait for prey. Their prey selection seems to be determined primarily by size. An alligator's diet depends on what is available to it, which means it will eat just about anything including fish, frogs, birds, turtles, insects, snakes, small mammals, other alligators, white-tailed deer, wild hogs, and sometimes people's pets. Once the prey is caught, it is typically swallowed whole. Alligators have tremendously powerful jaws that can crush turtle shells and the bones of small mammals. A flap in their throat allows alligators to capture prey underwater without water entering their breathing passages.

When prey animals are too large to be swallowed whole (deer, wild hogs), the alligator will stash its kill underwater, pinning it under a submerged log or anywhere it can be wedged in for safe keeping. The alligator must then wait until the prey animal's hide is rotted and soft enough for the alligator to tear off chunks. Alligator teeth are designed for crushing and for a strong grip on prey. They are not sharp teeth like a bobcat or a wolf have for tearing meat."

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/uw230

I hate when this happens.

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Reality Orlando For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Verified Juanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
It is very difficult for LE to prove someone is deceased without a body or a crime scene or some other compelling evidence, i.e. maybe a suicide note at the edge of a lake, for example. And then to put together a case based on circumstances which include the presumption of death, well, that is even more difficult. I'm just not sure how much LE can do, if Michelle is not found. I've read the much-mentioned on WS website which details "no body" cases going back a century or so, and almost all of them have either a crime scene or a witness to acts of physical violence/specific threats against the victim by the suspect, at the very least. And those that were pursued were usually charged years after the person went missing...

Locating Michelle is really the key to everything...JMO. Hoping that phone turns out to be a literal roadmap.
This is what really worries me. Let's say for example, she was thrown in that area purposely, for the gators to get rid of the evidence. Then what?
If no body is found, does that mean nobody will ever be charged? I hope not but it might happen that way.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
This is what really worries me. Let's say for example, she was thrown in that area purposely, for the gators to get rid of the evidence. Then what?
If no body is found, does that mean nobody will ever be charged? I hope not but it might happen that way.

That worries me too, but if it were that easy, they would never find missing people in Florida, right?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mountainguy777 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Not at all. They can prosecute without a body and still win their case. They just need more circumstantial evidence to ensure their win. I'm still hoping they are getting considerably more evidence from her phone than they've released to the public. I also hope they picked up some good evidence from DJrs/parents homes and her vehicle.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yellow Rose For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Verified Juanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodynoz View Post
<Deep breath>

I'll tell you why this information "bugs" me. I am trying not to be driven and overtaken by emotion, specifically hate. Although Dale seems not in the least a likeable person, given his past history and his cold demeanor whenever we've seen him on video, not to mention his apparent action with the camera person, a couple of snippets of detail, such as Yvonne's words above, give me a glimpse of humanity in this man. I saw another article in which Yvonne mentioned the occasion of her talking with him and embracing him after the hearing where he retained custody of the twins. As I remember, she said that he sobbed and shook during that exchange.

Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to defend him or in any way promote sympathy for him. And I appreciate that some of you may see those episodes as just Dale's attempts at manipulation, and as Yvonne wisely trying to keep open the connection for the sake of the twins. But someone posted yesterday the suggestion that Dale could be a sociopath, without conscience. I can see the possibility of this, certainly, and so the suggestion that Dale is holding in some emotional pain that he might only reveal to Yvonne (and perhaps his family and close friends, but we don't hear about that) gives me some hope, believe it or not.

If Dale did something monstrous to Michelle that ended her life, and then rushed around madly to cover up the deed, which certainly seems to be the case based even on the little evidence the public has right now, then a spark of humanity and conscience is a good sign that, in my opinion, we should acknowledge. It suggests that what he may have done is weighing on him, perhaps heavily and even nightmarishly.

The hope this could give us is that he will more likely reveal, or even confess, what took place.

I know it may be a slim chance indeed that this will happen. But if he is in fact an emotionless sociopath, we would have no chance of that at all.

(All IMO, of course)
I see your point, and I HOPE you are right. But my jaded opinion is that he was crying those tears FOR HIMSELF. I think he was emotional because he knew he had royally screwed up big time, and he was scared FOR HIMSELF.
imoo
Old 12-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Verified Juanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainguy777 View Post
That worries me too, but if it were that easy, they would never find missing people in Florida, right?
True. But there are a lot of missing, who have seemed to disappear totally. It makes me wonder.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I see your point, and I HOPE you are right. But my jaded opinion is that he was crying those tears FOR HIMSELF. I think he was emotional because he knew he had royally screwed up big time, and he was scared FOR HIMSELF.
imoo
I couldn't have said that better myself! I agree wholeheartedly with your opinion of his tears.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Yellow Rose For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 12:09 PM
taygun

Exit 22 is quite close to Lake Nona. I'm going to search, but IIRC, Lake Nona was a search area way back when Michelle first went missing.

ETA: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...ichelle-Parker

Last edited by taagean; 12-14-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Added link
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taagean For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 12:10 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Rose View Post
I couldn't have said that better myself! I agree wholeheartedly with your opinion of his tears.
ITA! If the perp is Dale then the remorse he felt was in the quick moments afterwords. These thoughts, in the mind of a domestic violence perp, get overridden quickly with "She started it. I had no choice. she provoked. She yelled at me first. She shoved me." how many times have we seen murder cases in which the perp blames the victim? A lot! " She hit me first..." always comes to mind.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bittiness39 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 12:11 PM
WS Moderator

ATTENTION PLEASE!

Please do NOT post innocent party's names on the board. This includes people not mentioned in the MSM and on various media sites.

Thank you
fran
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
ITA! If the perp is Dale then the remorse he felt was in the quick moments afterwords. These thoughts, in the mind of a domestic violence perp, get overridden quickly with "She started it. I had no choice. she provoked. She yelled at me first. She shoved me." how many times have we seen murder cases in which the perp blames the victim? A lot! " She hit me first..." always comes to mind.
I've actually heard perps say "if she'd kept her mouth shut"..
sometimes all it takes is a word to set a perp off ^i^

"I believe there are angels among us..."
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Storm For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Former Member

BiancaMPrietoBianca Prieto
#MichelleParker search efforts relocating briefly to Kissimmee Thursday: http://thesent.nl/uBiu21
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wild@Heart For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taagean View Post
Exit 22 is quite close to Lake Nona. I'm going to search, but IIRC, Lake Nona was a search area way back when Michelle first went missing.

ETA: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...ichelle-Parker
You are correct...

Meanwhile, searchers moved into Lake Nona Saturday. Four search parties with dogs went into that area to look for the woman who has been missing for more than a week now.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...ichelle-Parker
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread