Identified! RI - Exeter - Human Remains found in woods, Dec 2011

I know LE in CT has been looking for Michael Mongillo, a man missing from Bristol, CT since October 24th, so that seems to be a bit too short of a time if the remains are determined to have been there for 2-12 months.

There is only 6 missing persons' cases listed in RI that I could find on NamUs. Other sites list more of the same.

Additional Info on UID found in Exeter:

Height: 5'10" (70 inches)
Hair: Dark
Dentals: Missing all upper teeth, and a few lower teeth.
Clothing: Dark hooded sweatshirt with "Class of 2009" written on it. Brown corduroy pants, green jacket, white short-sleeved tee shirt, black dress shoes, prescription glasses.
PM Interval: Up to 1 year

http://630wpro.com/Article.asp?id=2353932&spid=37719

The UID age of 35-55 begs the question why he's wearing a hoodie with Class of 2009 on it. Is he a parent of someone that graduated in 2009? I can't imagine that a shirt like that - if issued or purchased from a school - doesn't have that school's name on it somewhere.

I wonder if police could locate the manufacturer of that sweatshirt and see where it came from and/or who could've ordered it.

The UID age of 35-55 begs the question why he's wearing a hoodie with Class of 2009 on it.

I earned a third college degree in 2008 at age 49. I didn't have a "Class of" sweatshirt, but only because I was too cheap to buy one.

I earned a third college degree in 2008 at age 49. I didn't have a "Class of" sweatshirt, but only because I was too cheap to buy one.

I had thought of something like that as well Techwriter - if you did choose to buy one, did it have the school name on it?

This guy could definitely have gotten a college degree at an older age of course. Still, odd there's no school identification on it.

I am wondering if they were iron on letters that fell off or if the garment was too degraded to read much more than that.

Just imagining what he looked like with the various articles of clothing he was found in sounds like maybe homeless? Esp. with the no teeth part of it? And quite possibly why no matching MP report.

This UID was found right near the former state mental hospital, known as the Ladd School, of which much historical information is available on the internet, as it is known as a haunted site, one which I explored in my teens, as many from the area also did. It is quite creepy but I suppose that's a discussion for another time.

Currently a Job Corps training school and some other facilities including a drug rehab center are located here. I am wondering if the UID is someone connected with the rehab.

The sweatshirt with the graduating year 2009 on it made me think that it could possibly have been a homeless person who got it from a Salvation Army store or even a dumpster.

That is interesting about Ladd School.

I keep checking local news sites for any updates to this case, with no success thus far. I hope this man's identity is found soon.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/8582

Gerald Peasha, Jr. MP#8582
Gerald (Jerry) Peasha, Jr. was last seen on April 4, 2010. He may have traveled to any New England state looking for work. Jerry has a thin build and thin hair and will be wearing strong prescription eyeglasses.

Height 69" to 71" LKA 44yrs. From Leominster, MA which is approximately 79 miles from Exeter, RI.

I am fairly new at posting in WS, but I got to thinking about the sweatshirt (class of 2009). My husband works outdoors as a tree trimmer and I often find old sweatshirts at yardsales for him to use as work clothing for when it is cooler. I didn't find any information on whether Mr. Peasha was missing his upper teeth, but dental information is available.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/8582

Gerald Peasha, Jr. MP#8582
Gerald (Jerry) Peasha, Jr. was last seen on April 4, 2010. He may have traveled to any New England state looking for work. Jerry has a thin build and thin hair and will be wearing strong prescription eyeglasses.

Height 69" to 71" LKA 44yrs. From Leominster, MA which is approximately 79 miles from Exeter, RI.

I am fairly new at posting in WS, but I got to thinking about the sweatshirt (class of 2009). My husband works outdoors as a tree trimmer and I often find old sweatshirts at yardsales for him to use as work clothing for when it is cooler. I didn't find any information on whether Mr. Peasha was missing his upper teeth, but dental information is available.

Aside from the question mark on whether or not he is missing his teeth, everything looks consistent.

Aside from the question mark on whether or not he is missing his teeth, everything looks consistent.

:waitasec:Being new here, I'm not sure what the next step would be....:blushing:

:waitasec:Being new here, I'm not sure what the next step would be....:blushing:

You have the option of calling or e-mailing authorities on the Missing Person side or the UID side.

On the UID side, the news article indicates that the contact is the Rhode Island State Police at (401) 444-1155. There is no e-mail address indicated in the contact.

If you prefer contacting the MP side, you can e-mail the Law Enforcement contact on Gerald Peasha's NamUs MP casefile. The contact is Detective Richard Gallant of the Leominster Police Department - rgallant@police.leominster-ma.gov, Tel: 978-534-7560 ext 343.

I have sent an e-mail with the UID information to the MP contact listing similarities.

So I came across your website looking for any leads to the where abouts of Gerald Peasha......I've felt like since he is an adult and homeless that no one really cares about finding him..After our case was placed in the NaMus Web site I had hoped that someone would find him but we never heard anything. I did place calls, e-mails to a few medical examiners when I thought someone on the site could be him but not once did I get a reply. It sounds like you have some good contacts to work with.
I also have to say that I was very touched to see your community trying to find out who this deceased male was regardless of his status in life.
Jerry has now been missing for almost 2 years and I guess the more time that goes by the harder it is for our family. His Dad's health is very poor and I would really like to see him found before he dies.
He missed out on several big events with our two children Nick and Zack. Graduations from HS and college now. Something that he never would have done if he were able to be there.
Although he had been lost for so many years prior to his actual disappearence I would so appreciate everyones help in maybe finding him. I'm not sure what became of the person found in RI but if anyone has heard one way or the other I would love to hear about it.
Thanks for all your hard work.
Kate

Nothing yet...I sent out a followup e-mail today. Possibly the next step may be to contact RI State Police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31
Back