Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion

Notices

Missing but not forgotten Discussion This Forum is for case discussion and opinion regarding all missing persons who have not been forgotten despite the number of years they have been missing. Many members have loved ones here & need your help to bring them home!


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:05 PM
katydid23's Avatar
katydid23 katydid23 is online now
Verified Juanette
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,849
I would like to know more about the 'get together' that night. Was it family, like a holiday party? Or was it a group of friends in their early 20's, just chillin', as my kids call it. If so, there might have been some alcohol and or pot, etc. Just sayin...

eta: not that that would make it more likely any of them were guilty of this incident. Just wondering if they left doors or windows open and /or had people over who they did not know well.
__________________
“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:
  #202  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:11 PM
liz b. liz b. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
To be honest, I would not even leave an adult sleeping in my home for as long as 13 hours without checking on them more than once...or any age person, not to mention my much-loved cat. It just seems too long, to me. That is half a day, for heaven's sake. And this is a baby wih an injury. I jus don't know what to make of it, in this case, or in Baby Lisa's case, leaving a sick child in a closed room alone without checking on her. It makes me crazy.
Have to agree. Have taken care of hundreds of small children, and those that aren't potty trained will be very vocal when they are wet and need changing... In my own experience.... I don't think a person has to have experience in having or raising kids to see this. They just need common sense ? MOO
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:
  #203  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Lato Lato is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 565
As I "walk" around the neighborhood, I see cottages that are raised with most having a small porch and a few steps.

I also think that the houses have a regular door and a storm door, but I would love other opinions on that.

A small child with a cast would have an awful time leaving this house if she is trying to open and close two doors....and then head down the stairs.

Your thoughts please....

http://g.co/maps/wjtyx
  #204  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:16 PM
matou's Avatar
matou matou is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,380
OK it may be in the realm of possibility for a 20 month old to open a door but does this house have double doors (main door with storm door?) Most homes I know have two doors. So the doors would be unlocked for her to get out, obviously.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:
  #205  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:17 PM
matou's Avatar
matou matou is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lato View Post
As I "walk" around the neighborhood, I see cottages that are raised with most having a small porch and a few steps.

I also think that the houses have a regular door and a storm door, but I would love other opinions on that.

A small child with a cast would have an awful time leaving this house if she is trying to open and close two doors....and then head down the stairs.

Your thoughts please....

http://g.co/maps/wjtyx
Just posted about the same thing! xo
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:
  #206  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:21 PM
ynotdivein's Avatar
ynotdivein ynotdivein is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
Posts: 11,434
Agreed with you both, Lato and Matou. Also, in one of the pix the Morning Sentinel put out, you can see a small brick patio/porch and some steps down from what I think is the back door, behind Ayla in the photo.

Storm doors are pretty much a given on houses in this region.

Here's the story/pic I am thinking of: http://www.kjonline.com/news/Press-c...g-toddler.html
__________________
You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
HDT
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:
  #207  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:21 PM
dog.gone.cute's Avatar
dog.gone.cute dog.gone.cute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 7,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
I would like to know more about the 'get together' that night. Was it family, like a holiday party? Or was it a group of friends in their early 20's, just chillin', as my kids call it. If so, there might have been some alcohol and or pot, etc. Just sayin...

eta: not that that would make it more likely any of them were guilty of this incident. Just wondering if they left doors or windows open and /or had people over who they did not know well.

BBM: Me too ...

Hmmm ... I sure hope they don't call it "adult time" ...

I hope LE has gone around checking the video cameras at the "liquor stores" ...

Just saying ... ya never know ...

MOO ...
__________________
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:
  #208  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:33 PM
dog.gone.cute's Avatar
dog.gone.cute dog.gone.cute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 7,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
Agreed with you both, Lato and Matou. Also, in one of the pix the Morning Sentinel put out, you can see a small brick patio/porch and some steps down from what I think is the back door, behind Ayla in the photo.

Storm doors are pretty much a given on houses in this region.

Here's the story/pic I am thinking of: http://www.kjonline.com/news/Press-c...g-toddler.html

BBM: When I get time I will re-check the photos for this ... OR maybe a local can do a drive by ... okay, just kidding ...

Back to the storm door -- IF there was one, I am having a hard time believing that Ayla was able to open that door ... I have one and it drives me nuts ... lol ...

Seriously ... my "storm door" is a pain to maneuver with the main door, oh, and it is "noisy" ... maybe some storm doors are not so "noisy" and not so difficult ...

My storm door has a lock on it that I keep locked ... of course, I live in a "high crime" area ...

I hope we hear some new news about this baby ...

MOO ...
__________________
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:
  #209  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:36 PM
ynotdivein's Avatar
ynotdivein ynotdivein is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
Posts: 11,434
dog.gone, the easiest spot to get beer or wine from Violette Ave. would be the CVS at Cool and Kennedy Memorial Drive. Not sure if they sell liquor too. I'm not at all convinced that this is anything like Baby Lisa's case other than the missing child aspect, but FWIW.
__________________
You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
HDT
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:
  #210  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Janeumayer's Avatar
Janeumayer Janeumayer is offline
Aliayah, I think of you every day.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 2,120
Reminds me of poor little Joshua Davis.
__________________
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:
  #211  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:54 PM
lauriej lauriej is offline
'wild rose country...'
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
I want to know if the arm that was broken was her dominant arm... at that age more difficult to open a door if that is the case
..i realize this doesn't tell us whether it was her dominant arm or not---but the cast/sling is on her left arm.


http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/W...g-toddler.html

Her left arm is in a sling and soft splint. She has short, thin blond hair.
__________________
my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:
  #212  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:00 PM
dillysmom11's Avatar
dillysmom11 dillysmom11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington girl in Alabama
Posts: 1,170
Can't link from my phone but wondering... mom is clearly pg with Ayla on her MS page, one commenter states how much they love the name she's chosen for the baby, "Ayla Bell", <modsnip>
IMO

Also, my 3 year old sleeps from 7:00-8:00 and sometimes later. She does not nap, and she is quite chubby- fed well. Although I check on even my TEENS in the middle of the night. You just can't judge on sleep patterns... IMO
__________________

*All posts are my opinion only, and only my opinion.*


Adoptive parent educator, and U.S. Director of the James Project, International.
Based in Northern Alabama, and Jinja, Uganda
.



Last edited by bessie; 12-18-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: removed minor's name and reference to paternity.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dillysmom11 For This Useful Post:
  #213  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:15 PM
dog.gone.cute's Avatar
dog.gone.cute dog.gone.cute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 7,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
dog.gone, the easiest spot to get beer or wine from Violette Ave. would be the CVS at Cool and Kennedy Memorial Drive. Not sure if they sell liquor too. I'm not at all convinced that this is anything like Baby Lisa's case other than the missing child aspect, but FWIW.

TY ... was just curious about the "liquor", afterall, it is the Holiday Season and some like to get into the "spirits" of the holidays ... KWIM ?

- There seems to have been a change in the "time" Ayla was put to sleep -- which made me think of Baby Lisa and the changes in her parents' timeline ...

- Then we heard about a "get together" the night before -- which made me think of Baby Lisa's mother and her the night she "disappeared ...

Now ... IF IF IF there turns out to be a "homeless man" in the neighborhood . . . oh and "lawyering up" ...

I will and

MOO ...
__________________
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:
  #214  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:17 PM
cluciano63's Avatar
cluciano63 cluciano63 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 32,716
I wish we knew if searches were ongoing, etc...what is going on up there...
__________________
Just my opinion, of course.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:
  #215  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:24 PM
bessie's Avatar
bessie bessie is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Who Dat Nation
Posts: 17,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lato View Post
As I "walk" around the neighborhood, I see cottages that are raised with most having a small porch and a few steps.

I also think that the houses have a regular door and a storm door, but I would love other opinions on that.

A small child with a cast would have an awful time leaving this house if she is trying to open and close two doors....and then head down the stairs.

Your thoughts please....

http://g.co/maps/wjtyx
I agree, Lato, that Ayla would have a difficult time with the storm door if it were closed properly. But LE said visitors were at the house Friday night during the time Ayla was last seen. If the storm door doesn't close properly on its own, and people were going in and out and didn't pull it shut, she could have pushed it open. As for the stairs, I know it seems unlikely, but I've seen little ones do amazing things.

I wonder if her dad or others followed a guest out to the driveway as the guest was leaving and didn't notice that Ayla slipped out behind them.
__________________

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
___________________________________
Muddy water in the street
; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:
  #216  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:32 PM
katydid23's Avatar
katydid23 katydid23 is online now
Verified Juanette
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by bessie View Post
I agree, Lato, that Ayla would have a difficult time with the storm door if it were closed properly. But LE said visitors were at the house Friday night during the time Ayla was last seen. If the storm door doesn't close properly on its own, and people were going in and out and didn't pull it shut, she could have pushed it open. As for the stairs, I know it seems unlikely, but I've seen little ones do amazing things.

I wonder if her dad or others followed a guest out to the driveway as the guest was leaving and didn't notice that Ayla slipped out behind them.
That is exactly what many people think happened to Joshua Davis, who was roughly the same age when he went missing in Texas. And he has never been found.
__________________
“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn
  #217  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:39 PM
bessie's Avatar
bessie bessie is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Who Dat Nation
Posts: 17,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
TY ... was just curious about the "liquor", afterall, it is the Holiday Season and some like to get into the "spirits" of the holidays ... KWIM ?

- There seems to have been a change in the "time" Ayla was put to sleep -- which made me think of Baby Lisa and the changes in her parents' timeline ...

- Then we heard about a "get together" the night before -- which made me think of Baby Lisa's mother and her the night she "disappeared ...

Now ... IF IF IF there turns out to be a "homeless man" in the neighborhood . . . oh and "lawyering up" ...

I will and

MOO ...
I have an entirely different feeling about this case at the moment. Baby Lisa couldn't walk out on her own, but Ayla could. And we're not hearing about a mysterious abduction. Ayla's disappearance might be attributable to a very regrettable overight, but so far I don't feel like the family is misleading LE.
__________________

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
___________________________________
Muddy water in the street
; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"
  #218  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:41 PM
bessie's Avatar
bessie bessie is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Who Dat Nation
Posts: 17,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
That is exactly what many people think happened to Joshua Davis, who was roughly the same age when he went missing in Texas. And he has never been found.
I know, katydid. I was thinking about Joshua when I posted.
__________________

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
___________________________________
Muddy water in the street
; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:
  #219  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:43 PM
not_my_kids's Avatar
not_my_kids not_my_kids is offline
<----The bravest little guy I've ever met.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Around here somewhere
Posts: 12,732
Maybe the sling wasn't on while she was sleeping, but is missing now that she is too. That could be part of what is leading LE to consider abduction. Just a thought.
__________________
JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:
  #220  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
bessie's Avatar
bessie bessie is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Who Dat Nation
Posts: 17,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by matou View Post
Police were told by DiPietro that he last saw his daughter when he put her to bed on Friday night. He discovered her missing the next morning.

There were people visiting the home Friday night. Police describe them as friends and family.

The investigation involves local police, state police, wardens and the FBI.


http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/18...-disappearance
I'm glad you snipped that quote. I paraphrased it earlier and now see that it's been changed to read like this:

Quote:
Massey said DiPietro was not home alone, but declined to say who else was in the home with him.
http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/18...-disappearance
__________________

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
___________________________________
Muddy water in the street
; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"
  #221  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
dog.gone.cute's Avatar
dog.gone.cute dog.gone.cute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 7,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
Maybe the sling wasn't on while she was sleeping, but is missing now that she is too. That could be part of what is leading LE to consider abduction. Just a thought.

BBM: IF the sling was not on when Ayla was sleeping, and the sling is now missing -

IF it were a "stranger" -- HOW would the "stranger" KNOW that the Ayla was in a sling for her arm ? Then that would have to be "someone" who knows she needed the sling.

Has there been any "verification" that the sling is missing ?

TIA !

MOO ...
__________________
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:
  #222  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Patty G's Avatar
Patty G Patty G is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,568
__________________
Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:
  #223  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
PMLsmom's Avatar
PMLsmom PMLsmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tara
Posts: 2,545
Any news at all??? Are volunteers searching, LE searching, anyone searching??? This baby has been missing WAY too long.
__________________
Proud WS N-LIB
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:
  #224  
Old 12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
PlainJaneDoe's Avatar
PlainJaneDoe PlainJaneDoe is offline
Verified expert in neuroscience
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Who Dat Nation
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
Any news at all??? Are volunteers searching, LE searching, anyone searching??? This baby has been missing WAY too long.
Good evening, I agree! Not that there's a good amount of time for a child to be mysteriously missing, but yeah, especially in this weather! Poor girl.
__________________
Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:
  #225  
Old 12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
wfgodot's Avatar
wfgodot wfgodot is offline
chien méchant
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,190
Almost assuredly nothing you don't know here, but Daily Mail has picked the story up and it's a decent overview as of this afternoon, and thus good for anyone just finding this case (with pictures and a video):

Missing 20-month-old girl vanished from her bedroom in the middle of the night and authorities have not released any clues
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #2 fran Missing but not forgotten Discussion 904 12-27-2011 05:39 PM
Found Safe NJ - AMBER ALERT - Sophia (20 mnths) and Emma (5) Trapp - Old Bridge - 16-Dec-2011 summer_breeze Located! Information and Support 3 12-16-2011 09:52 AM
Recovered/Located IL - Monica Ramirez (16) and Jalen (2 mnths) - Champaign - AMBER ALERT - 9-Sep-2011 Seymour Krelborn Located! Information and Support 3 09-10-2011 12:28 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!