Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes-Spotlight on Children

Notices

Crimes-Spotlight on Children Discussion related to crimes against children.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Doer of Things

Angry 5-year-old boy shot dead at Oakland taco stand

NBCBayArea.com
updated 2 hours 51 minutes ago 2011-12-31T16:26:22

OAKLAND, Calif. A young boy has died after a shooting in Oakland Friday night, police said.

Police said the boy, who is about five years old, was shot in the stomach while he and his family were at a taco stand near 54th Avenue and International Boulevard.

Officers responded to the shooting at around 8:40 p.m.

The boy was taken in critical condition to a hospital where he was later pronounced dead late Friday night, according to police.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45833940...nd-taco-stand/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 04:12 AM
Doer of Things

I am hoping for some more information to come out about this. It's a shame when you can't even take your child out for a bite to eat. Wondering if there is a gang connection to the parent or if this was totally random. Will post if I find anything else.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:41 AM

This is the third child, I believe, killed by stray bullets in Oakland this year. It's been a very bad year in Oakland for homicide and crimes in general.
Disclaimer: while I have graduated law school and hold a JD, I am not yet licensed to practice. Therefore, if I say anything which could possibly be considered legal advice, or if I explain anything related to legal matters, rules of evidence, legal procedures, or anything related to law, please be aware that I do not yet hold a bar card and we have no attorney/client relationship. Please always, always talk to a personal attorney, and follow their directions. Please also follow the TOS in regards to all unverified posters. Thank you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ziggy For This Useful Post: