Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Darlie Routier

Notices

Darlie Routier Darlie Routier is on death row, convicted of murdering her two sons. Darlie claims that an intruder attacked her and the boys and is responsible. Many feel Darlie deserves a new trial. Discuss it here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 06-20-2005, 01:41 AM
beesy's Avatar
beesy beesy is offline
myspace.com/beesy_boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: small town, VA
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
Had it been the ONLY time she went from one to two intruders, I wouldn't think anything of it either. However, to this day, she still seems to not KNOW how many there were. So, I feel its important.
I'm from Virginia and "they" is used here also to refer to an unknown person just as jaeger said, usually when using "somebody" as Darlie did on the 911 tape. And don't think for 1 second I think she's innocent, I just don't think the use of "somebody" and "they" is any type of clue. Even with her confusion as to how many intruders there were to this day, it is simply a dialect issue on the 911 tape.
__________________
Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one
Creed
My Own Prison


Last edited by beesy; 06-20-2005 at 01:52 AM. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 06-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Jeana (DP) Jeana (DP) is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
I'm from Virginia and "they" is used here also to refer to an unknown person just as jaeger said, usually when using "somebody" as Darlie did on the 911 tape. And don't think for 1 second I think she's innocent, I just don't think the use of "somebody" and "they" is any type of clue. Even with her confusion as to how many intruders there were to this day, it is simply a dialect issue on the 911 tape.

I don't know about Virginia, but from this area, where the crime happened, when someone refers to "they" they're usually referring to a group of people, an organization of some kind or the like. Not ONE person. "Somebody" implies one person.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 06-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
I don't know about Virginia, but from this area, where the crime happened, when someone refers to "they" they're usually referring to a group of people, an organization of some kind or the like. Not ONE person. "Somebody" implies one person.
Yes, but Jeana, Beesy is right. People often interchange the two in the same conversations about the same number of people. It could mean multiple but it could also be a reference to an unknown number or a single person. Like she saw one but thinks in her head there might have been another waiting outside, so she bounces back and forth between the two. Some people might say "he" one time and "they" the next even if they are certain there was only one because of a flaw in dialect, a bad habit. Like "I don't want none of them dern old biscuits!" (I know, bad example, but my brain's resting tonight.)


I don't think the use of both words proves anything. But I do think her attempts to make her story fit to the evidence as the police uncover it is significant. I do think her new claims about the two assailants in the hypnosis report is very, very telling. And I think her sudden loss of hysteria on the 911 tape as she defends herself to Darin, "Someone came in here and did this intentionally, Darin!" is a moment when the fog lifts and we see the real Darlie that night.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 06-20-2005, 09:31 PM
beesy's Avatar
beesy beesy is offline
myspace.com/beesy_boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: small town, VA
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
I don't think the use of both words proves anything. But I do think her attempts to make her story fit to the evidence as the police uncover it is significant. I do think her new claims about the two assailants in the hypnosis report is very, very telling. And I think her sudden loss of hysteria on the 911 tape as she defends herself to Darin, "Someone came in here and did this intentionally, Darin!" is a moment when the fog lifts and we see the real Darlie that night.
Yes, that is spoken as clearly as if she were asking about the weather. It's spooky to hear the change in tone within just a few seconds. Isn't that followed by "we gotta find out who did this"? Who gives a hoot at that time? And she repeats, "there's nothing touched" over and over again. How does she know nothing was taken at that time? She had not taken a tour of the house. For all she knew at the moment, the "intruder/s" could have been in the living room or exploring upstairs before they came into the family room.
As far as bad grammar habits, double negatives irk the hell out of me i.e.
I ain't got no more socks! grrrr....
__________________
Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one
Creed
My Own Prison

Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 06-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
For all she knew at the moment, the "intruder/s" could have been in the living room or exploring upstairs before they came into the family room.
As far as bad grammar habits, double negatives irk the hell out of me i.e.
I ain't got no more socks! grrrr....
aaaahahahahahahhahaha! Yeah, be we've all got them. Isn't it amazing when you hear educated people speak and fumble over their words? Some of them really mess the language up, but it doesn't bother me that much as long as I get what they are trying to say.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 06-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
And she repeats, "there's nothing touched" over and over again. How does she know nothing was taken at that time? She had not taken a tour of the house. For all she knew at the moment, the "intruder/s" could have been in the living room or exploring upstairs before they came into the family room.
Well, I think Waddell told her a couple of times that nothing was missing. He sounded like he was scolding her. That might be why she was saying nothing was missing. I think Darin must have told Waddell out of earshot of the phone that nothing had been taken. I also think that when she defended herself without any prompt heard on the tape that she was responding to something Darin said to Waddell that was not on the tape. I think he said something that she felt made her look bad or was some kind of error, according to what they had agreed on earlier. If you look at his inconsistencies, he does not appear to do well at remembering his lies. Darlie doesn't either but she is better at it than he is once she realizes she has to be.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 06-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Jeana (DP) Jeana (DP) is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
Like "I don't want none of them dern old biscuits!" (I know, bad example, but my brain's resting tonight.) [/size][/color]

Goody, where the heck are you from????? Bwhaaaaaaaaaa
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 06-21-2005, 10:20 AM
less0305's Avatar
less0305 less0305 is offline
The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I believe what she meant was all four reasons Darin was turned down for the loan.

Jules

When a financial institution qualifiies a loan a score is given. You input things such as time at address, buying or renting, time at present job, time at address, etc. Each of the categories are given a score. Most financial institutions have a cut off score that if you don't score a certain figure, then you're turned down and the computer software the company is using will give you reasons for not scoring high enough. You're credit report factors into that scoring....so too many inquiries in a six-month period will count against you and that code will pop up as one of the reasons you didn't score high enough. Or so many 30 day late payments on your accounts will count against your score. Or if you have a whole bunch of new account openings in a short period of time. Or if your debt ratio to income is too high... Things like that. Well, when the score isn't high enough to grant the loan, those codes will pop up that let the lender know what it was about the application that was detrimental to scoring over the cut off. Then the lender must provide the applicant with the reasons his/her application is denied. Sometimes you have two or three reason....sometimes you have 4 or 5 reasons. The higher you score the better credit risk you are. The lower the score, well, the worse credit risk you are. And as someone else here said, with the right collateral you can borrow because the bank has a sure way to get their money back if you don't pay - like borrowing using a CD as your collateral.
__________________
It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 06-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Mary456 Mary456 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southcentral Pennsylvania
Posts: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
Well, I think Waddell told her a couple of times that nothing was missing.
I've never understood that. In his first few minutes at the house, how on earth would Waddell know if anything was missing?
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 06-22-2005, 12:54 AM
beesy's Avatar
beesy beesy is offline
myspace.com/beesy_boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: small town, VA
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
Well, I think Waddell told her a couple of times that nothing was missing. He sounded like he was scolding her. That might be why she was saying nothing was missing. I think Darin must have told Waddell out of earshot of the phone that nothing had been taken. I also think that when she defended herself without any prompt heard on the tape that she was responding to something Darin said to Waddell that was not on the tape. I think he said something that she felt made her look bad or was some kind of error, according to what they had agreed on earlier. If you look at his inconsistencies, he does not appear to do well at remembering his lies. Darlie doesn't either but she is better at it than he is once she realizes she has to be.
So you think Darin and Darlie created a story after she stabbed the boys? What about while she was still attacking them? Like he ran downstairs and "said what have you done or what are you doing"? Then they figured things out from there? Can you hear Waddell saying nothing's been touched? If you're just going on the basis of Darin saying it to him in the background and we can't hear it on the tape, where'd you get the idea Darin said it? And what is your speculation on what was said to make her look bad? I don't think I've heard this theory before. You are right about their "posts" I believe. Why was it so important for only Darin to be with Devon and only briefly check Damon for life? When people create stories like this, there's always some reason why part of the lie is so important. What makes it so important for them to say she never went to Devon? Darin says he has so many years(7 I think) of medical training. Why the hell didn't he tell her only dry towels work to stop bleeding? When blood came out of Devon's chest and back into Darin's mouth, why didn't he leave him and help Damon? He admits he knew he was still alive, but barely, maybe because he wasn't supposed to? One of the jurors on the Leeza show said they believe Devon had his legs raised up kicking the killer, which made his buttocks exposed to the knife. The killer must have fought with him. There's the knife pattern in the carpet, most likely because the killer had to put the knife down to hold him down. Did Darin help with that? The more we brainstorm on this, the more confused I get.
__________________
Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one
Creed
My Own Prison


Last edited by beesy; 06-22-2005 at 01:10 AM. Reason: dumb
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 06-22-2005, 01:26 AM
beesy's Avatar
beesy beesy is offline
myspace.com/beesy_boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: small town, VA
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
I ain't got no more socks! grrrr....
speaking of socks, why was the sock planted? I mean I know she and/or Darin were trying to stage the scene, but a sock with 1 dot on it? Why'd they think that would help? Did she use the sock as a glove or were they just trying to make it look like the intruder did it?
__________________
Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one
Creed
My Own Prison

Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-22-2005, 02:57 PM
cami's Avatar
cami cami is offline
Keep your fork......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In the Atlantic
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
speaking of socks, why was the sock planted? I mean I know she and/or Darin were trying to stage the scene, but a sock with 1 dot on it? Why'd they think that would help? Did she use the sock as a glove or were they just trying to make it look like the intruder did it?
who knows. They claim they knew nothing of the sock until a month after the crime. Someone wanted rid of that sock for some reason. Maybe because it had the boys blood on it and none of hers. Speculation is that she used it to cover the knife handle while stabbing the boys and when she realised it had their blood on it, she had to get rid of it by taking it down there, why not just throw it out into the back yard?
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Snickers Snickers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1
Lightbulb

Newbie to posting here, but have been reading for quite some time. There is no doubt in my mind that Darlie is 100% guilty. I think the arguement that Darlie and Darin had that night was what brought her over the edge to do what she did. I have read somewhere that Darlie was upset that Darin wasnt spending time with her and devouting most of his time to his failing business. She was stuck at home with three kids, no car (perhaps was even upset that maybe she would not be going on that planned vacation becuase Darin was unable to get that $5k loan)??? I think Darlie threatened seperation and Darin threw it in her face that without him she would have nothing. Shed be a single mom, raising three boys, no money at her disposal without him, no trips, no big house, etc. Maybe he even threw it in her face that it was her decision to have three children, so she was now stuck with the responsibilities. I think they went to bed angry, and Darlie stayed downstairs with the boys becuase she was angry with Darin and teaching him a lesson (in her mind) that she didnt need him. I think Darlie sat on the couch and silently brooded about her life, replayed in her mind the things Darin said to her and as she watched her children sleep, a rage built up inside her that she directed towards them. I believe she snapped and stabbed Devon and they stuggled, made noise and woke up Damon. Maybe Damon ran away from Darlie and Darlie jumped over the glass coffee table to get to him before he got away and stabbed him. I think Darin woke up to the sound of the coffee table crashing, put on his glasses and came downstairs nude to see what happened. I think he caught Darlie, had to restrain her and calm her down and then think about what to do. Its my belief that Darin loved Darlie more than life itself and he would do anything to protect her. I believe they both thought the boys were dead, so instinct told them to clean up the mess, which to me explains the questions about the kitchen sink. i think Darin realized it wouldnt work and came up with the intruder theory. I think he took the knife, cut the screen in the garage, convinced Darlie that the only way she could save herself was to inflict wounds on herself to be convincing, ran upstairs, threw on his jeans, took the sock and planted it in the alley. I think Darin told Darlie to call 911 while he planted the sock because remember Darlie said Darin had just come downstairs while she was on the phone with 911, maybe he was in fact just coming back to the house after planting the sock? I dont think either one of them realized that Damon was still alive becuase in the 911 tape, it seems to me that Darlie is surprised to find out Damon is still breathing. I think Darin specifically stayed by Devon knowing he was dead and allowed his son Damon to die, knowing that if helped him, Damon might have a chance to survive. I also think the 911 call was only for the benefit of Darlie to seek medical attention, I think she feared she was going to die. Ive listened to the 911 call several times and there is no gut wretching emotion coming from her. The "oh my gods" are whiney and hysterical, yet she can coherently answer questions the operator is asking her, except to tell her address, then she goes back to the "oh my gods, who would do this, my babies are dead".

Should Darlie get another trial based on new DNA evidence? I say go for it, but in the end, the result will be same. Guilty.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Mary456 Mary456 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southcentral Pennsylvania
Posts: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
speaking of socks, why was the sock planted? I mean I know she and/or Darin were trying to stage the scene, but a sock with 1 dot on it? Why'd they think that would help? Did she use the sock as a glove or were they just trying to make it look like the intruder did it?
If Darlie planted the sock to implicate an intruder, she would have thrown it in the backyard where the police would be sure to find it. I think she took it 75 yards down the alley because she needed to get rid of it. She probably aimed for the storm drain or trash can that were right there where the sock was found (and missed, of course).

My feeling has always been that she initially used the sock to cover the knife handle, thought Damon was dead, ran the sock to the alley, and then came back to the house to find him alive and crawling across the family room. Darlie stabbed Damon again, then herself, without covering the knife handle. This would explain the small amount of the boys' blood on the sock, and the absence of hers.

One thing is for sure. Darlie was extremely concerned about fingerprints, because she mentioned it to the 911 operator, as well as Waddell & numerous nurses and Dr. Dillawn. Maybe she thought LE could lift her fingerprints from the sock. Who knows...but I'm convinced that she believed that sock tied her to the crime, and she wanted to get rid of it.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-23-2005, 10:30 AM
accordn2me accordn2me is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: LSU
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary456
My feeling has always been that she initially used the sock to cover the knife handle, thought Damon was dead, ran the sock to the alley, and then came back to the house to find him alive and crawling across the family room. Darlie stabbed Damon again, then herself, without covering the knife handle. This would explain the small amount of the boys' blood on the sock, and the absence of hers.
Do you have JonGalt's...timeline, I guess is what she called it? I think I saw it on your site - the pink one. It could have been somewhere else.

Although it's pure speculation, she had really looked at the blood and come up with some convincing theories about how it got where it did. I remember her pondering the utility room. She said she couldn't figure out what Darlie was doing in there for so long. I would love to read that again. Do you know if the blood in the utility room was addressed in the trial? I don't remember reading in Darlie's statement that she went into the utility room. Did they test the blood in there?

Do you know if LE ever came up with their own theory about Damon - if there was 2 attacks? Is there any testimony about the handprint on the couch being wiped away?
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 06-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Jeana (DP) Jeana (DP) is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordn2me
Do you have JonGalt's...timeline, I guess is what she called it? I think I saw it on your site - the pink one. It could have been somewhere else.

Although it's pure speculation, she had really looked at the blood and come up with some convincing theories about how it got where it did. I remember her pondering the utility room. She said she couldn't figure out what Darlie was doing in there for so long. I would love to read that again. Do you know if the blood in the utility room was addressed in the trial? I don't remember reading in Darlie's statement that she went into the utility room. Did they test the blood in there?

Do you know if LE ever came up with their own theory about Damon - if there was 2 attacks? Is there any testimony about the handprint on the couch being wiped away?

JonGalt is a member here registered as Dasgal. I'm sure if you PMd her, she'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 06-24-2005, 01:12 AM
beesy's Avatar
beesy beesy is offline
myspace.com/beesy_boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: small town, VA
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
Well, I think Waddell told her a couple of times that nothing was missing. He sounded like he was scolding her. That might be why she was saying nothing was missing. I think Darin must have told Waddell out of earshot of the phone that nothing had been taken. I also think that when she defended herself without any prompt heard on the tape that she was responding to something Darin said to Waddell that was not on the tape. I think he said something that she felt made her look bad or was some kind of error, according to what they had agreed on earlier. If you look at his inconsistencies, he does not appear to do well at remembering his lies. Darlie doesn't either but she is better at it than he is once she realizes she has to be.
04:18:14 911 Operator #1 ...ok ma'am ...listen ...there's a police officer at your front door ...is your front door unlocked...
04:22:11 RADIO ...(unintelligible)...
04:22:15 Darlie Routier ...yes ma'am ...but where's the ambulance...
04:24:21 911 Operator #1 ...ok...
04:24:23 Darlie Routier ...they're barely breathing...
04:26:17 Darlie Routier ...if they don't get it here they're gonna be dead ...my God they're (unintelligible) ...hurry ...please hurry...
04:31:13 911 Operator #1 ...ok ...they're ...they're...
04:32:18 Police Officer ...what about you...
04:33:06 911 Operator #1 ...is 82 out on Eagle...
04:34:18 Darlie Routier ...huh...
04:35:12 Darin Routier ...they took (unintelligible) ...they ran (unintelligible)...
04:36:28 911 Operator #2 ...(unintelligible)...
04:37:08 Darlie Routier ...we're at Eagle ...5801 Eagle ...my God and hurry...
04:41:03 RADIO ...(unintelligible)...
04:41:22 9104:42:25 Police Officer ...nothing's gone Mrs. Routier...
1 Operator #1 ...82 ...are you out...
04:44:10 Darlie Routier ...oh my God ...oh my God ...why would they do this...
04:48:03 RADIO ...(unintelligible) to advise (unintelligible) 200...
04:50:18 Police Officer ...(unintelligible) the problem Mrs. Routier...
04:50:21 911 Operator #1 ...what'd he say...
04:51:29 Darlie Routier ...why would they do this...
04:53:08 Darlie Routier ...I'm (unintelligible)...
04:54:07 911 Operator #1 ...ok ...listen ma'am ...need to ...need to let the officers in the front door ...ok...
04:59:11 Darlie Routier ...what...
05:00:04 911 Operator #1 ...ma'am..
05:00:22 Darlie Routier ...what ...what...
05:01:15 911 Operator #1 ...need to let the police officers in the front door...
05:04:21 Darlie Routier ...(unintelligible) his knife was lying over there and I already picked it up...
05:08:19 911 Operator #1 ...ok ...it's alright ...it's ok...
05:09:20 Darlie Routier ...God ...I bet if we could have gotten the prints maybe ...maybe...
05:13:18 Police Officer ...(unintelligible)...
05:14:18 RADIO ...82 ...we'll be (unintelligible)...
05:17:12 Darlie Routier ...ok ...it'll be...
05:18:08 911 Operator #1 ...ma'am ...hang on ...hang on a second...
05:19:09 Darlie Routier ...somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it Darin...
05:20:19 911 Operator #1 ...82 ...10-9...
05:21:23 RADIO ...(unintelligible)...
05:22:28 911 Operator #1 ...received...
05:23:05 Darlie Routier ...there's nothing touched...
05:24:12 911 Operator #1 ...ok ma'am...
05:25:13 Darlie Routier ...there's nothing touched...
05:26:20 RADIO ...(unintelligible)...
05:28:00 Darlie Routier ...oh my God...
The PO told Darlie nearly a full min. earlier that nothing's gone, which is not what she repeated. I highlighted it and Darin's half heard statement right before that. The PO only says it once. The cops did perform a quick search before letting the paramedics in, as is standard practice. However, I still believe her wailing "there's nothing touched" is telling us more than what the cops told her, especially coming on the heels of the very clear headed 05:19:09 Darlie Routier ...somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it Darin... mere seconds before. Remember, Damon is still alive and needs help throughout this call. The cops are already there, hang up the damn phone! Most people who call 911 hang up as soon as help arrives. Dispatch likes to keep them on the line til then. But like others have said, don't disconnect, drop the phone and help that baby!
By the way, I think the officer mispronounced Routier didn't he?
__________________
Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one
Creed
My Own Prison

Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 06-24-2005, 10:37 AM
OriginalJerseyGirl's Avatar
OriginalJerseyGirl OriginalJerseyGirl is offline
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
05:09:20 Darlie Routier ...God ...I bet if we could have gotten the prints maybe ...maybe...
This is the one line that has me sold on her guilt. Number one, who in the hell is concerned about something like this while your dead and dying children are still lying bloody on the floor in front of you??? Secondly, it seems as if she already knew that she had to have a story for why there are no prints. Just because she picked up the alleged attacker's knife doesn't mean that there wouldn't have been prints somewhere else even if she had managed to mess up any prints that might have been on the knife.

Thanks for the post, beesy. It was interesting to read it again in regards to the prints.
__________________

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 06-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)



Goody, where the heck are you from????? Bwhaaaaaaaaaa
The hills, baby. hahahahahaha!
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 06-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary456
I've never understood that. In his first few minutes at the house, how on earth would Waddell know if anything was missing?
Because Darin obviously told him. How else could he know? But even with that said, it is an odd exchange. He almost sounds like he thinks she did it.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 06-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
This is the one line that has me sold on her guilt. Number one, who in the hell is concerned about something like this while your dead and dying children are still lying bloody on the floor in front of you??? Secondly, it seems as if she already knew that she had to have a story for why there are no prints. Just because she picked up the alleged attacker's knife doesn't mean that there wouldn't have been prints somewhere else even if she had managed to mess up any prints that might have been on the knife.

Thanks for the post, beesy. It was interesting to read it again in regards to the prints.
This one didn't bother me in the 911 call because it is the dispatcher who first brings it to Darlie's attention that she shouldn't touch the knife. While I agree with your argument above, it isn't really provable. However, when she gets to the hospital and keeps on bringing it up, over and over again, it is obvious that she is worried about her prints being on the knife and she wants plenty of witnesses to back her up.

The one line that bothers me the most in the 911 call is when she changes her tone completely and says, "Someone came in here, Darin, and did this!" I think she is responding to something he told police that was not agreed upon earlier or paints her in a bad light. It is like she is reminding him to stay focused.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 06-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
04:18:14 911 Operator #1 ...ok ma'am ...listen ...there's a police officer at your front door ...is your front door unlocked...
04:22:11 RADIO ...(unintelligible)...
04:22:15 Darlie Routier ...yes ma'am ...but where's the ambulance...
04:24:21 911 Operator #1 ...ok...
04:24:23 Darlie Routier ...they're barely breathing...
04:26:17 Darlie Routier ...if they don't get it here they're gonna be dead ...my God they're (unintelligible) ...hurry ...please hurry...
04:31:13 911 Operator #1 ...ok ...they're ...they're...
04:32:18 Police Officer ...what about you...
04:33:06 911 Operator #1 ...is 82 out on Eagle...
04:34:18 Darlie Routier ...huh...
04:35:12 Darin Routier ...they took (unintelligible) ...they ran (unintelligible)...
04:36:28 911 Operator #2 ...(unintelligible)...
04:37:08 Darlie Routier ...we're at Eagle ...5801 Eagle ...my God and hurry...
04:41:03 RADIO ...(unintelligible)...
04:41:22 9104:42:25 Police Officer ...nothing's gone Mrs. Routier...
1 Operator #1 ...82 ...are you out...
04:44:10 Darlie Routier ...oh my God ...oh my God ...why would they do this...
04:48:03 RADIO ...(unintelligible) to advise (unintelligible) 200...
04:50:18 Police Officer ...(unintelligible) the problem Mrs. Routier...
04:50:21 911 Operator #1 ...what'd he say...
04:51:29 Darlie Routier ...why would they do this...
04:53:08 Darlie Routier ...I'm (unintelligible)...
04:54:07 911 Operator #1 ...ok ...listen ma'am ...need to ...need to let the officers in the front door ...ok...
04:59:11 Darlie Routier ...what...
05:00:04 911 Operator #1 ...ma'am..
05:00:22 Darlie Routier ...what ...what...
05:01:15 911 Operator #1 ...need to let the police officers in the front door...
05:04:21 Darlie Routier ...(unintelligible) his knife was lying over there and I already picked it up...
05:08:19 911 Operator #1 ...ok ...it's alright ...it's ok...
05:09:20 Darlie Routier ...God ...I bet if we could have gotten the prints maybe ...maybe...
05:13:18 Police Officer ...(unintelligible)...
05:14:18 RADIO ...82 ...we'll be (unintelligible)...
05:17:12 Darlie Routier ...ok ...it'll be...
05:18:08 911 Operator #1 ...ma'am ...hang on ...hang on a second...
05:19:09 Darlie Routier ...somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it Darin...
05:20:19 911 Operator #1 ...82 ...10-9...
05:21:23 RADIO ...(unintelligible)...
05:22:28 911 Operator #1 ...received...
05:23:05 Darlie Routier ...there's nothing touched...
05:24:12 911 Operator #1 ...ok ma'am...
05:25:13 Darlie Routier ...there's nothing touched...
05:26:20 RADIO ...(unintelligible)...
05:28:00 Darlie Routier ...oh my God...
The PO told Darlie nearly a full min. earlier that nothing's gone, which is not what she repeated. I highlighted it and Darin's half heard statement right before that. The PO only says it once. The cops did perform a quick search before letting the paramedics in, as is standard practice. However, I still believe her wailing "there's nothing touched" is telling us more than what the cops told her, especially coming on the heels of the very clear headed 05:19:09 Darlie Routier ...somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it Darin... mere seconds before. Remember, Damon is still alive and needs help throughout this call. The cops are already there, hang up the damn phone! Most people who call 911 hang up as soon as help arrives. Dispatch likes to keep them on the line til then. But like others have said, don't disconnect, drop the phone and help that baby!
By the way, I think the officer mispronounced Routier didn't he?
Yes, but why would Darin tell the police right away that nothing was taken? Maybe the policeman asked? Could be, I guess. Or it could have been him covering his butt and leaving Darlie's out to dry.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordn2me
Do you have JonGalt's...timeline, I guess is what she called it? I think I saw it on your site - the pink one. It could have been somewhere else.

Although it's pure speculation, she had really looked at the blood and come up with some convincing theories about how it got where it did. I remember her pondering the utility room. She said she couldn't figure out what Darlie was doing in there for so long. I would love to read that again. Do you know if the blood in the utility room was addressed in the trial? I don't remember reading in Darlie's statement that she went into the utility room. Did they test the blood in there?

Do you know if LE ever came up with their own theory about Damon - if there was 2 attacks? Is there any testimony about the handprint on the couch being wiped away?
The state had several theories. I don't think they ever really nailed it all down into one continuous thing. One DA did argue that Damon was stabbed on two separate attacks, that he moved from where the initial attack took place and died basically near the kitchen doorway where he ended up and was stabbed again.

There was evidence about the handprint, but I cannot remember if it was at thet trial or just stated by police during interviews. They luminoled a child's handprint on the couch and it immediately liquified. As I understand it, that was because it was on the surface of the vinyl and not previously washed off, which luminol would have picked up. Consequently, the handprint evidence was lost.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary456
If Darlie planted the sock to implicate an intruder, she would have thrown it in the backyard where the police would be sure to find it. I think she took it 75 yards down the alley because she needed to get rid of it. She probably aimed for the storm drain or trash can that were right there where the sock was found (and missed, of course).

.
Maybe they were trying to destroy evidence and the sock just didn't make the trash can/sewer drain near where it was found. The more I think about it, the more I am inclined to agree with federal experts that it was found too far away to be a plant to mislead. It makes sense that someone desperately afraid of getting caught would want to make sure the planted evidence was found and the best place for that would have been somewhere near that back gate because it would support her claims that he fled through the garage and backyard.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 06-24-2005, 03:14 PM
beesy's Avatar
beesy beesy is offline
myspace.com/beesy_boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: small town, VA
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
Yes, but why would Darin tell the police right away that nothing was taken? Maybe the policeman asked? Could be, I guess. Or it could have been him covering his butt and leaving Darlie's out to dry.
If you read the cops' and paramedics' statements, Sgt. Walling had arrived by then and done his cursory search of the house. Remember once that 911 call began, Damon only had 8 mins left to live and we're already over 4 mins into the call at that point. The 1st paramedics on the scene were already parked on the street, waiting for the house to be checked. So Darin did not tell the cop, the cop told Darin, and that might be Sgt. Walling telling her "nothing's gone, Mrs. Routier". Darin is responding to something the cops asked or said when they had finished their search.
What that tells us is that, once again, Darlie is more concerned with setting up the story than with saving her child. I find it interesting that we never hear her ask about Drake. Darin knew he was ok, but she shouldn't have yet.
__________________
Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one
Creed
My Own Prison


Last edited by beesy; 06-24-2005 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!