Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Admin

Casey's Psych Evals unsealed

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4079395.story

I'm not expecting too much more than we already know per Ashton's notes and what he revealed in his book.

fwiw, I tend to agree with JA when during his interview with Dr. Drew he opined, "I'm not sure your profession has come up with a test to diagnose what is wrong with her, because they [the tests] didn't reveal anything much and I know she isn't 'normal.'" <paraphrased>
Aedrys, Alcina, Anakerie, angelmom, AngelWings444, archenemy toenail, AZlawyer, azmama, badhorsie, bayouland, BetteDavisEyes, BiancaS, BigFatMommyDog, Boots-OK, Brooke, butwhatif?, CarolAnn, Carolina Girl, CarolinaMoon, chefmom, Chiquita71, Chris_Texas, coco puff, coolbreeze, coopzoo, Crabcake23, cricketann, cyberborg, daisy.faithfull, debloree, denjet, Dewey2Me1MoThyme, Dihan, dog.gone.cute, Donjeta, Eidetic, elementary, Elisaa444, ExpectingUnicorns, Farfalla40, FL_taxpayer, francie, Frigga, gelfie68, GiantPickle, gramcracker, Gypsy Road, hambirg, heidisams, HOPE4CAYLEE, Hopeful One, HOTNTX, Hunnie, IHAVENOCLUE, Insomnia Momma, jane the dood, JBounds, Jeanie, JSR, JSV, Justin Tyme, Kamille, karma-girl, Kat, kimpage, Knot4u2no, LadyL, LaLaw2000, Leila, LinasK, Linz, logicalgirl, LolaMoon08, mahmoo, Malini2001, Mama-cita, Mamabear1963, mankato64, MaryAnn, Matty29, Melanie, menmo, mikeysmommom, MissJames, missm, mommyofthreekidz5, my2sense, Mystic, mysticrose, MyTinkieGirl, Nandee63, Neurotripsy, Niner, Nore, Nuisanceposter, Oakley, OEJ, passionflower, Patience, PMLsmom, Prentiss, Pugnolia, QueenD, Quiche, R.U.Kidding!, RR0004, Sammiejam, Schmerty_Jones, scmom, shaye, sjs323, SleuthyMama, smart blonde, SmoothOperator, songline, Sooner Fan#1, Spool, Squishified, STEADFAST, surini59, suzihawk, SuziQ, t93, TexasCharm, tezi, the seeker, theBritster, tiff07, Tig, TigerBalm, Tiki, tiredofthis, TorisMom003, TotallyObsessed, Trapshooter, Tricksy, Truthwillsetufree, Tulessa, tygomuk, Velouria, vlpate, waltzingmatilda, watcher9, watchinginky, Well Done 99, What'sThatClue, whisperOFwings, Woe.be.gone, wonders, You'reKidding,Right?, Zoe Bogart
Old 01-11-2012, 10:21 AM

I wonder what brought this on. Wasn't Mason set to take Ashton to task for having revealed some info?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:22 AM

ker plunk - there goes the other (or is it another?) shoe...
Old 01-11-2012, 10:23 AM

What JA perfectly said was "Prosecutor Jeff Ashton then asked Danziger if he recalled a conversation he had with fellow Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick at the courthouse, in which he said words to the effect of "I have no explanation for this other than she's just pure evil"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4079395.story

I guess the DSMV-5 doesn't have a category for "pure evil.
The Following 113 Users Say Thank You to Pattymarie For This Useful Post:
2goldfish, Aedrys, Alcina, Anakerie, Angel4u2Whisper2, AngelWings444, atthelake, AZlawyer, azmama, beach, BiancaS, BigFatMommyDog, Brooke, butwhatif?, CarolAnn, CarolinaMoon, coopzoo, cyberborg, daisy.faithfull, denjet, Dewey2Me1MoThyme, Dihan, Donjeta, Eidetic, ExpectingUnicorns, Eye Wonder, FL_taxpayer, francie, Frigga, gelfie68, Gma Kat, gramcracker, Harmony2, heidisams, HOPE4CAYLEE, Insomnia Momma, Intermezzo, jane the dood, Jeanie, joshiesmom, JSR, JSV, Justin Tyme, Kamille, Kat, Knot4u2no, krkrjx, LaLaw2000, LC446, LinasK, logicalgirl, Lovetoride55, lowens1975, luvlife, mahmoo, Malini2001, MaryB, Melanie, menmo, mikeysmommom, my2sense, mysticrose, MyTinkieGirl, my_tee_mouse, nachomama, Nandee63, neesaki, nomoresorrow, Nore, Oakley, Paulette, PMLsmom, Prentiss, QueenD, Quiche, RR0004, scmom, shaye, Sleuths4Me, SleuthyMama, smart blonde, SmoothOperator, Sooner Fan#1, spamelope, Storm, sunsetbeach, Talison, tasylshari, TexasCharm, tezi, the seeker, thefrostingflake, thumbtack, tiff07, Tig, Tiki, tiredofthis, TorisMom003, Trapshooter, Tricksy, Truthwillsetufree, Turnadot, Velouria, watcher9, watchinginky, Well Done 99, Wendy101, Whisperer, whisperOFwings, wonders, You'reKidding,Right?, Zoe Bogart, ZsaZsa
Old 01-11-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnatcatcher View Post
I wonder what brought this on. Wasn't Mason set to take Ashton to task for having revealed some info?

this wouldnt change that, as ashton would have "done" it before they were unsealed. I find it unlikely that an attorney of ashton's skill & years did something like that without crossing his t's and dotting his i's though.

I wonder if he told all, or if there is a lot he couldnt tell, hence the release of the "diary" to distract?

Last edited by 2goldfish; 01-11-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: for lg: I am full of myself again and still cant spell
Old 01-11-2012, 10:25 AM
RIP Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joey Jr.

Would Team KC been given any heads up that this was going to happen?

Or was it kind of a "excuse this interruption to your computer hacking (cough, cough) drama" type of thing?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:29 AM
If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

I still want to read them. The DT was so against JA talking about them that I feel like there must be something in them they didn't want people to know. OH MUZIKMAN!!!! We need you!!!! LOL
Old 01-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy.faithfull View Post
Would Team KC been given any heads up that this was going to happen?

Or was it kind of a "excuse this interruption to your computer hacking (cough, cough) drama" type of thing?

I doubt it. HHJP doesn't owe them anything anymore. Not even a fair warning.

I am finding this rather funny - the timing of the release. Considering Mason accusing Ashton of defying a court order by releasing sealed info. Then the video "hacking" (<please excuse the <gagging sound you hear>) debacle.

I think HHJP is thinking it is time to lay all the cards out on the table and allow the sharks to frenzy while they hopefully consume each other.
Aedrys, Alcina, all4justice, Anakerie, AngelWings444, artsy_mom_of_2, atthelake, AZlawyer, bayouland, BiancaS, BigFatMommyDog, BonKai, Boots-OK, Bravo, Brooke, butwhatif?, CarolAnn, coco puff, coopzoo, cyberborg, daisy.faithfull, denjet, Dihan, Eidetic, Eye Wonder, Farfalla40, Frigga, gramcracker, grammieto5, HOPE4CAYLEE, Intermezzo, jane the dood, Jeanie, JSR, JSV, Justin Tyme, Kamille, KenoshaKid, kimpage, krkrjx, LaLaw2000, LambChop, LinasK, Linz, logicalgirl, LolaMoon08, Melanie, mikeysmommom, milliac, momtective, mrsu, my2sense, mysteriew, Mystic, MyTinkieGirl, Nandee63, Niner, Nore, Oakley, PMLsmom, Prentiss, QB., QueenD, Quiche, RR0004, Schmerty_Jones, scmom, scout35, shaye, sjs323, Sleuths4Me, SleuthyMama, smart blonde, Sooner Fan#1, Storm, suzihawk, TakeNote, Talison, teedie2, tezi, tiff07, Tiki, TorisMom003, TotallyObsessed, Trapshooter, Tricksy, Truthwillsetufree, Tulessa, Velouria, watcher9, watchinginky, Well Done 99, Wendy101, whisperOFwings, wonders, wsreader, Zoe Bogart, ZsaZsa
Old 01-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Beach, with all the great news of the day; possible firing of Jose, release of psych evals, and possibility of identifying of person who released the videos. I think we need a nice spread of food and drinks. Just like old times.
The Following 89 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:
2goldfish, Aedrys, Alcina, AngelWings444, artsy_mom_of_2, atthelake, AZlawyer, bayouland, beach, bogeygal, Bravo, Brooke, Carolina Girl, CarolinaMoon, cecybeans, christee, Crabcake23, daisy.faithfull, denjet, Dihan, dog.gone.cute, Eidetic, Frigga, GiantPickle, Gma Kat, gramcracker, grammieto5, Gypsy Road, HOTNTX, Intermezzo, jandkmom, jane the dood, JBounds, JSR, JSV, Justin Tyme, Kamille, Kat, LaLaw2000, LaWanda, LinasK, ljs713, logicalgirl, LolaMoon08, Melanie, mikeysmommom, missm, mysticrose, MyTinkieGirl, my_tee_mouse, Nandee63, Nore, nursebeeme, Oakley, Omachka, PMLsmom, RR0004, Sammiejam, Schmerty_Jones, shaye, sjs323, SleuthyMama, smart blonde, Sooner Fan#1, STEADFAST, strawberry, sunsetbeach, TakeNote, Talison, tasylshari, tezi, tiff07, TigerBalm, Tiki, Tipstaff, tiredofthis, TorisMom003, TotallyObsessed, Trapshooter, Tricksy, Truthwillsetufree, Tulessa, Velouria, waltzingmatilda, watcher9, watchinginky, Wendy101, Whisperer, whisperOFwings
Old 01-11-2012, 10:34 AM

I'm like an excited child wanting to rip a present open! Wow what a day so far! Bring on the psych evals!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
I doubt it. HHJP doesn't owe them anything anymore. Not even a fair warning.

I am finding this rather funny - the timing of the release. Considering Mason accusing Ashton of defying a court order by releasing sealed info. Then the video "hacking" (<please excuse the <gagging sound you hear>) debacle.

I think HHJP is thinking it is time to lay all the cards out on the table and allow the sharks to frenzy while they hopefully consume each other.
And the reports of JB's departure... so that would be unrelated too because I'm pretty sure those reports came out before the stuff about the psych evals.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:36 AM

With the appeal still pending, I would like to hear HHBP's legal reasoning behind releasing these sealed depositions.
The release of these depositions may have a favorable impact for Ashton on the motion the defense asked of HHBP to have Ashton come in explain how he can revealed sealed information and not be held in contempt. IMO
Old 01-11-2012, 10:36 AM

from orlando sentinal http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...5.story?page=2

Quote:
"I have lost much sleep, lost weight, and I don't know – I want to do the right thing, and I don't know what the right thing to do is except I know we're here in the deposition and my understanding is you're entitled to it, but I feel troubled," Danziger said.
I am very interested that he had such a serious reaction.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
And the reports of JB's departure... so that would be unrelated too because I'm pretty sure those reports came out before the stuff about the psych evals.
Sorry to quote my own post, but I went and checked and it looks like news hit about Baez leaving FCA about 6 hours ago, and the psych evals being released was reported about an hour ago.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I'm sure he would have to had to let Casey know (or least let her lawyers know...oooh, maybe he let Baez know?) before today that he was unsealing the depositions, right? She probably knew before today that they were going to be released. JB's departure is totally related to the depositions being released today. There are no coincidences when it comes to Casey Anthony!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post

Whoa...talk about a conscience in overdrive. He must have thought he was sitting at the table with the devil! Wow.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:

This is going to be really, really, REALLY interesting.

IF it is unrelated, JB is probably going to be grateful that he's not FCA's mouthpiece anymore. Bird flipper is on the hot seat! Sweet!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
I still want to read them. The DT was so against JA talking about them that I feel like there must be something in them they didn't want people to know. OH MUZIKMAN!!!! We need you!!!! LOL
I,we, have not forgotten you Muzikman...
Just patiently waiting for you to come back and "chat" with us about your experiences

--------------------------------------------------
"There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"
The Following 70 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeviledadvocate View Post
With the appeal still pending, I would like to hear HHBP's legal reasoning behind releasing these sealed depositions.
The release of these depositions may have a favorable impact for Ashton on the motion the defense asked of HHBP to have Ashton come in explain how he can revealed sealed information and not be held in contempt. IMO
These depositions were not used in the trial. They can not be used (by either side) in the appeal. The release of these will have no affect on the appeal whatsoever.

The appeal can only use rulings, evidence, etc that was used during the trial.

IMO
Old 01-11-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I'm sure he would have to had to let Casey know (or least let her lawyers know...oooh, maybe he let Baez know?) before today that he was unsealing the depositions, right? She probably knew before today that they were going to be released. JB's departure is totally related to the depositions being released today. There are no coincidences when it comes to Casey Anthony!
I dunno. See Beach's post no. 8

Makes sense to me, if there isn't a mandatory protocol in place that needs to be followed if you were Judge Perry would you give Team KC a courtesy call?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Whoa...talk about a conscience in overdrive. He must have thought he was sitting at the table with the devil! Wow.
IMO he knew she was lying and he was very upset at not being allowed to say so....they had him by the "family jewels" and he knew it. all he could do is parrot what she said.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:

IMHO...read between the lines. FCA probably told him the truth. But he, due to privacy laws, could not (and never can) tell that truth to the world. The truth being that she killed Caylee.

ETA: or not. Just read some of the Sentinel story. Seems the good doctor suspected she was lying and was against being used as a tool for her defense.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Don't Drink the Pinellas Punch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtective View Post
Beach, with all the great news of the day; possible firing of Jose, release of psych evals, and possibility of identifying of person who released the videos. I think we need a nice spread of food and drinks. Just like old times.
Well thank you for the heads-up, momtective! Looks like it's going to be one of those crock pot days.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars

Smile It's like Christnas morning

We knew something good was coming our way when we heard the whining regarding computer hacking. This is going to be fun.

I'm thinking FCA has been watching her dear attorney enjoying the limelight while she sits in hiding - not collecting the millions she was banking on. We all know how she gets when things don't go her way...

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Sorry to quote my own post, but I went and checked and it looks like news hit about Baez leaving FCA about 6 hours ago, and the psych evals being released was reported about an hour ago.
I imagine Your Honour is sitting in his big ol' chair having a nice little chuckle about now. And he deserves it after what the DT tried to pull in his courtroom! BRING IT!