Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion

Notices

Missing but not forgotten Discussion This Forum is for case discussion and opinion regarding all missing persons who have not been forgotten despite the number of years they have been missing. Many members have loved ones here & need your help to bring them home!

Old 02-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Until they all come home

where are you Phoenix?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 PM

If you go to the link for the Missing Phoenix Coldon FB page, you will see that there are a LOT of comments - I wish I could somehow directly link a comment here, darn it. I *think* we are allowed to paraphrase but not quote from the FB? Anyway, it's believed (according to FB) that Phoenix has friends helping her to stay away from the family due to family issues of control/etc. Her Mother deleted some of the comments and made her own post, saying that she wants the FB to be about prayers and donations and a positive place for the family, not speculation. She then 'called out' the friends by posting their full names.
I won't re-post since they are not in MSM and are innocent of any wrong-doing, even if they ARE helping their friend to be voluntarily missing (and I'm not saying she is. I just don't know.)

There's also a comment where her Mom clearly states that it's not true, that RK from the Stacey English case, was on Phoenix's FB. That surprised me, I thought that was true.

There's a lot more to this story, after a closer look. I believe the reason her family is seeking donations so urgently is that police are not investigating, as they believe she is voluntarily missing.

It's tragic, in any case, because her family is torn up over this. Sending my prayers for all involved.

My two cents and all that.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Simply Caustic For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Caustic View Post

Anyway, it's believed (according to FB) that Phoenix has friends helping her to stay away from the family due to family issues of control/etc.

There's also a comment where her Mom clearly states that it's not true, that RK from the Stacey English case, was on Phoenix's FB. That surprised me, I thought that was true.

There's a lot more to this story, after a closer look. I believe the reason her family is seeking donations so urgently is that police are not investigating, as they believe she is voluntarily missing.
This is news to me. Phoenix is an adult. By now, I would think she should know her rights. Her family has law enforcement out looking for her. If all of this turns out to be true, then she might face some problems with the law later. As for RK having some contact with Phoenix. I think some people are looking for that connection, so they can place RK as a common interest concerning both Phoenix and Stacey English disapearance.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 PM

I would think Phoenix would have contacted her family by now if she could. She's old enough to leave home and start her own family. I myself would rather be homeless than to have my family worried about me. Perhaps she has had situations when she was younger of running away from her family, but she's older now & more mature. Obviously something has gone terribly wrong this time. A beautiful woman is missing. Her running car abandoned in a dark n scary neighborhood. She needs to be found.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:52 AM

I wonder if the police do think she is missing voluntarily? How does a 23 year old live without all the stuff 23 year olds need? I think I read she doesn't have her phone, do we know if she has her purse? The area where the car is abandoned is very barren, looks like fields and highway. There is an earlier article that police searched the area, but found nothing. It doesn't sound like this girl took off. Oh, and I saw several times where her Mom said she didn't know RK.
The Following User Says Thank You to OnYourCase For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 08:00 PM

The Stacey English (Atlanta) case has been linked in some media over the past weeks; today a report was released from medical examiner. You can read online at www.AJC.com Iinformation printed in the Atl. Journal Constitution report just as FYI:

There was no evidence of bodily harm, and toxicology tests showed no evidence of a drug overdose, the Medical Examiner's Office said in a statement.

"Based on a combination of information sources including the autopsy, the sequence of events and circumstances, toxicology results, medical and mental health records, and statements of witnesses and acquaintances, the most likely cause of Stacey English’s death is cold exposure complicating underlying neurological and psychiatric disorders," the statement reads.

"Because cold exposure is an external, environmental condition, the manner of death has been classified as accident.

Atlanta police said in a statement they now consider the case closed "as a result of the findings of the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office and the investigation conducted by the Atlanta Police Homicide Unit."

It is difficult for me to understand how it happened and she got where she was found; but it seems they found no evidence to point to any other way she died. If the case is closed, as stated, this is one that will always leave me wondering what really happened. RIP Stacey.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 08:27 PM

How on earth would she get under that tree? Are they saying she crawled under there on her own with feet sticking out? I'm not buying it. Not for a minute. I think she was incapacitated and stuck under there while still alive. The ultimate cause of death probably was hypothermia. How incredibly sad. No justice for Stacey.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic Sleuth View Post
How on earth would she get under that tree? Are they saying she crawled under there on her own with feet sticking out? I'm not buying it. Not for a minute. I think she was incapacitated and stuck under there while still alive. The ultimate cause of death probably was hypothermia. How incredibly sad. No justice for Stacey.
Apparently, one of the symtoms/reactions from hypothermia is "burrowing"...which could be exactly what happened here. I do believe she was alone and disoriented and that her death is a tragedy but not a crime. JMO
Old 02-15-2012, 11:28 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
Apparently, one of the symtoms/reactions from hypothermia is "burrowing"...which could be exactly what happened here. I do believe she was alone and disoriented and that her death is a tragedy but not a crime. JMO
Stacey's death was a tragedy; that is for sure. Until and unless some new information comes forth (next week, next month/year or 5 years from now) this will remain the official finding.

In reading the comments from the medical examiner's office, I am struck by the notion that they do not have "factual evidence" of how her death came to be (as evidenced by the use of the word "likely"). Seems to me that they had to come to this conclusion (or have a finding of "inconclusive") - because they also did not have "factual evidence" of an abduction, struggle, murder, suicide or any other evidence of foul play. From the investigation/evidence they collected, there was a process of elimination of causes. Finding none, they made a judgement call based on factors present.

While there is the possibility that she was experiencing a "break" and got herself to Lakewood in her car, got out and walked almost a mile to some woods, crawled under a tree trunk, hunkered down and died - to me that scenario will always seem remote - but is it possible? I guess it could have.
My gut feeling, at 60 years old, is that there was more to it than this. One disappointment is that LE has now closed the case and reportedly will have nothing more to say about it or answer any questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyThoughts View Post
Stacey's death was a tragedy; that is for sure. Until and unless some new information comes forth (next week, next month/year or 5 years from now) this will remain the official finding.

In reading the comments from the medical examiner's office, I am struck by the notion that they do not have "factual evidence" of how her death came to be (as evidenced by the use of the word "likely"). Seems to me that they had to come to this conclusion (or have a finding of "inconclusive") - because they also did not have "factual evidence" of an abduction, struggle, murder, suicide or any other evidence of foul play. From the investigation/evidence they collected, there was a process of elimination of causes. Finding none, they made a judgement call based on factors present.

While there is the possibility that she was experiencing a "break" and got herself to Lakewood in her car, got out and walked almost a mile to some woods, crawled under a tree trunk, hunkered down and died - to me that scenario will always seem remote - but is it possible? I guess it could have.
My gut feeling, at 60 years old, is that there was more to it than this. One disappointment is that LE has now closed the case and reportedly will have nothing more to say about it or answer any questions.
I guess cause of death could not positively be determined but there were no apparent injuries to her body, and I am guessing, no evidence of another person having been at the scene or in her car. Yes, it is a mystery...I really do not think she met with foul play, but feel equally certain her family probably does.

As far as Phoenix...nothing new on her? The last I read on a public FB page, some people made remakrs that she had left on her own to get away from her parents...? Odd way of doing it, if so.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
As far as Phoenix...nothing new on her? The last I read on a public FB page, some people made remakrs that she had left on her own to get away from her parents...? Odd way of doing it, if so.
This situation maybe possible, however it is not likely probable. My statement applies to both womens' cases. Tell if I am wrong, but the medical examiners roll is to determine a cause of death. He did his job. Also LE can only do so much when there is not much evidence to go on. I guess the ME final determination allows LE to close its case. This determination also allows other things to move forward, like life insurance claims, etc. Until something new comes up. If it ever will, then this is the best decision made.
I can imagine that in the case of Phoenix. This could drag on for years. It is as if she disappeared into thin air.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:19 AM

Does anyone currently know the status of Phoenix's case?
Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 AM
WS Moderator

Phoenix Coldon Still Missing; Family Searching for Answers

http://fox2now.com/2012/01/25/phoeni...g-for-answers/

Posted on: 4:52 pm, January 25, 2012,
by Shawndrea Thomas,
updated on: 11:46am, March 2, 2012

Quote:
The case of a missing Spanish Lake woman has gained the attention of a national organization thatís trying to help the family in the search.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Southern Sleuther

I am amazed at how similar these cases are... there's got to be more....I was just looking at the map posted above (Thanks!) and its exactly like the location where English was found.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Southern Sleuther

Does anyone have info on the exact location and condition of their cars when they were found. I see so many conflicting reports... TIA

"The last lead detectives were following was in the case of a very similar disappearance in Atlanta. The car belonging to the woman missing in that case was also found running at an intersection."

Were they both 'IN' the intersection? as in, driving along the road? I always thought SEs car was in a library parking lot....

Also: i see that Phoenix had mutual friends on Facebook with RK. has any of those relationships been panned out for connections to her? he seems kinda sleazy to me..JMO JMO

Last edited by HauntsForHope; 03-10-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Southern Sleuther

Quote:
I learn something new everyday....Thanks!!
An apparent self-protective behaviour known as terminal burrowing, or hide-and-die syndrome[24], occurs in the final stages of hypothermia.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Southern Sleuther

Well, if the cases are not related it sure is a small world for RK.

It seems like she was smart and accomplished, not someone you expect hanging out in the street. I wonder what she was doing over in that neighborhood. I read that her car was found running with the door open driving the wrong way down a one way street... that kinda sounds like she was trying to get away from somebody, no? and if the dogs didnt get a scent, that would account for her being taken from her car into another vehicle. judging by the surroundings, not likely anyone saw the abduction. They could jump right back on the highway and be long gone in no time...

Last edited by HauntsForHope; 03-10-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:08 PM

There is still recent speculation on the public FB page that she is in hiding with a friend, or that her best friend knows where she is...this rumor has been out there since the beginning, so it is possible there is some truth to it.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Southern Sleuther

Wow, just did a google earth walkaround where her car was found... anyone have a guess what that blue building is a block away? When you put the little google man on the ground you see a dead end street with cars parked on it, several men standing about...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=9th+%2...ed=0CCEQ8gEwAA
Old 03-11-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntsForHope View Post
Wow, just did a google earth walkaround where her car was found... anyone have a guess what that blue building is a block away? When you put the little google man on the ground you see a dead end street with cars parked on it, several men standing about...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=9th+%2...ed=0CCEQ8gEwAA
It looks like a nightclub. This area is known for having a lot of after hours strip clubs. I've always wondered if this case was somehow related to the sex trade.
The Following User Says Thank You to Betty P For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 08:10 AM
WS Moderator

Missing Phoenix: Coldon family asks UMSL community for help

http://blogs.umsl.edu/news/2012/03/14/phoenix/

UMSL Daily (blog) - 15 hours ago

Quote:
Lawrence and Goldia Coldon live out every parentís worst nightmare. Every day. The Coldons travel the St. Louis region telling the story of their missing daughter, hoping to find people who know something or someone, hoping to find Phoenix.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 AM
WS Moderator

Family of missing woman: Police aren't trying to find last person to see her

The family of woman who has been missing since December say they are frustrated that police have not tried to find a man who may have been the last person to see her.

More: http://www.bnd.com/2012/03/17/2103670/family-turns-up-heat-in-search.htm

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 PM
WS Moderator

Phoenix Coldon: Cruel Hoax Costs Family Of Missing Woman Their Life Savings, Home

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1432683.html

Posted: 04/18/2012 8:25 am

Quote:
A promising lead about the whereabouts of Phoenix Coldon turned out to be a cruel hoax, causing the missing Missouri woman's family additional pain, their entire life savings and their home.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Kind words do not cost much

Bless this family. What a horrible thing to do to them!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 03:42 AM
WS Moderator

Phoenix Coldon: Cruel Hoax Costs Family Of Missing Woman Their Life Savings, Home (EXCLUSIVE)

Phoenix Coldon, 23, was last seen in the driveway of the family's St. Louis County home at about 3 p.m. Dec. 18. Her mother said she was sitting in her vehicle one minute and the next, she was gone.

Coldon said she initially thought her daughter had gone to the store but when she did not return that night, Coldon said she reported her daughter and her black 1998 Chevy Blazer missing to police the following morning.

According to Coldon, her daughter's disappearance is highly out of character.

"She is very responsible, very sweet, very athletic and very intelligent," she said.

.............. full article at link .............. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...&ncid=webmail1
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post: