Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
pinktoes pinktoes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 293
JJ: I give up; I must not be explaining this very well. I KNOW what you prefer to deal in. And that's what I was trying to explain: that by restricting one's thinking to the visible influences, you leave out too much info about the context in which human behavior occurs. Including judicial behavior.

I am, once again, NOT talking about "politics" in terms of backlash, or the ability to win elections. I AM talking about influence of all kinds--the informal power that people "in politics", outside of politics have. And how THAT would affect the ability to bring a case to trial, and obtain a conviction. And to do so with one's and one's family members' personal safety intact.

And, if you cannot consider all the potential data relevant to the larger social context of successfully trying a case, I think you will leave out some potentially vital clues. If it's not your area of expertise, then it's not. It is mine, but I can't give you a PhD and a lifetime career's worth of education on a subject you aren't adept in.

It could be vitally important. It could answer the question about Gricar. About Sandusky. Some posters and readers here know that and I hope will pursue it. As I am.

JKA knew wife #2 pretty well. And, best I can tell now, her use of the word 'paramour' to describe Patty reflects a shared feeling about Patty's "unofficial" presence in Ray's life before he left wife #2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinktoes For This Useful Post:
  #27  
Old 02-15-2012, 12:24 AM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktoes View Post
JJ: I give up; I must not be explaining this very well. I KNOW what you prefer to deal in. And that's what I was trying to explain: that by restricting one's thinking to the visible influences, you leave out too much info about the context in which human behavior occurs. Including judicial behavior.
If you are talking about some greater of influence, you are talking about illegal influence.

Quote:
I am, once again, NOT talking about "politics" in terms of backlash, or the ability to win elections. I AM talking about influence of all kinds--the informal power that people "in politics", outside of politics have. And how THAT would affect the ability to bring a case to trial, and obtain a conviction. And to do so with one's and one's family members' personal safety intact.
I repeat, you are talking about illegal influence and RFG caving into it.

Quote:
And, if you cannot consider all the potential data relevant to the larger social context of successfully trying a case, I think you will leave out some potentially vital clues. If it's not your area of expertise, then it's not. It is mine, but I can't give you a PhD and a lifetime career's worth of education on a subject you aren't adept in.
There is no data to support a shadowy "influence." There are also no specifics.

There is a point about raw power and safety that argues against this; all the witnesses to the 1998 incident, the victims, the one victim's mother, the police, and apparantly someone in the DA's Office at the time are all there. They were not threatened. The report that they wrote is still there; there does not even seem to have been an effort to eliminate it.

Quote:
It could be vitally important. It could answer the question about Gricar. About Sandusky. Some posters and readers here know that and I hope will pursue it. As I am.
A nebulous statement. Obviously, there was a lot of money associated with Sandusky (via his control of Second Mile). Obviously, that money could influence people. Are you suggesting he used it to influence RFG?

Quote:
JKA knew wife #2 pretty well. And, best I can tell now, her use of the word 'paramour' to describe Patty reflects a shared feeling about Patty's "unofficial" presence in Ray's life before he left wife #2.
I'm not certain about that. There was ever any claim that JKA ever socialized with RFG; she was far from alone in that. The involvement does not "overlap" as you suggested.

I do note that you used the phrase "he left wife #2." Care to give a reason why he would leave? I'm not saying you are wrong.
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
  #28  
Old 02-15-2012, 01:30 AM
cloudbuster05 cloudbuster05 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 180
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
Where did you get that? If, as you have suggested, he didn't prosecute for political reasons, those reasons vanished in 2001. RFG for example, didn't file charges in the Mendez-Vargas case for almost a year and only after a lot of internal debate in the office.

I'm sorry, but that comment bears no resemblance to reality.



Except he did have enough to bring charges, and PSU didn't cover that one up (unless you are suggesting that RFG was "in cahoots" with PSU in 1998. Are you?).



I've ask you for evidence that RFG was the victim of foul play. Your statement does not make it so.

We have evidence that RFG did not prosecute Sandusky in 1998. We know that there was no new evidence in the case, and one victim available in 1998 was not available in 2011.

Even if this was foul play, you better start praying that RFG's 1998 was only a colossal lapse of judgment (and it may have been).
Why would a prayer, now help a declared dead person? There is no threat to RG, he is LEGALLY declared dead. He won't be here to defend himself. Anything said about what he did or didn't do will be total hearsay. Anyone can blame the man and say what they will but the truth is he is not here. It all becomes hearsay at this point in time.
__________________
Truthseeker from day one.
  #29  
Old 02-15-2012, 01:37 AM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster05 View Post
Why would a prayer, now help a declared dead person? There is no threat to RG, he is LEGALLY declared dead. He won't be here to defend himself. Anything said about what he did or didn't do will be total hearsay. Anyone can blame the man and say what they will but the truth is he is not here. It all becomes hearsay at this point in time.
Well, because, there are far worse things that a colossal lapse of judgment. Some of those things might even produce evidence. As I've said, I'm praying that it was only a colossal lapse of judgment.

I think the claim that RFG left wife #2 is one of the more interesting aspects. Again, I'm not saying it is inaccurate.
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
The Following User Says Thank You to J. J. in Phila For This Useful Post:
  #30  
Old 02-15-2012, 02:23 AM
cloudbuster05 cloudbuster05 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
Well, because, there are far worse things that a colossal lapse of judgment. Some of those things might even produce evidence. As I've said, I'm praying that it was only a colossal lapse of judgment.

I think the claim that RFG left wife #2 is one of the more interesting aspects. Again, I'm not saying it is inaccurate.
What does any of this have to do with wife 2? Can you explain because I have heard nothing about EG being a cause for anything other than Ray and her perhaps had difference and that it was a bad divorce as per the nephew. I took that to mean that Rays assets was divided.
__________________
Truthseeker from day one.
  #31  
Old 02-15-2012, 09:56 AM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster05 View Post
What does any of this have to do with wife 2? Can you explain because I have heard nothing about EG being a cause for anything other than Ray and her perhaps had difference and that it was a bad divorce as per the nephew. I took that to mean that Rays assets was divided.
It has a lot to do with Pinktoes' comment about the use of the word "paramour." And the timing of that divorce. And the reason for it.

Hypothetically:

John is married to Mary, but is having an affair with Jane. Here are a couple of possibilities:

1. John tells Mary that he wants out and wants to be with Jane. He leaves her and moves in with Jane, very soon after leaving Mary.

2. Mary finds out and wants a divorce. She leaves him.

We know the breakup time and when RFG moved in with PEF; it is a two year gap. It wasn't immediate.

According to Pinktoes, #2 does not leave; RFG leaves #2.

It doesn't make sense for the reason for RFG to leave wife #2 to be hooking up with PEF (or possibly anyone else). We have no suggestion that he hooked up with anyone between 2000 and 2002.

Pinktoes said "he left wife #2." If Pinktoes comment there is right, RFG didn't leave #2 for another person.

Is Picktoes right that RFG left wife #2? You might well think that; I couldn't possibly comment.
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
The Following User Says Thank You to J. J. in Phila For This Useful Post:
  #32  
Old 02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
pinktoes pinktoes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 293
JJ: don't you have access to people who knew the situation between Ray, wife#2, and PEF way back when? Not necessary to answer publicly. I just supposed you would, possibly thru CDT.

'Cause I'm pretty sure JKA isn't gonna talk to you about it!
The Following User Says Thank You to pinktoes For This Useful Post:
  #33  
Old 02-15-2012, 12:10 PM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktoes View Post
JJ: don't you have access to people who knew the situation between Ray, wife#2, and PEF way back when? Not necessary to answer publicly. I just supposed you would, possibly thru CDT.

'Cause I'm pretty sure JKA isn't gonna talk to you about it!
As I've said, the version of the breakup RFG told to some friends had nothing to do with infidelity, involving PEF or anyone else.

The two year time gap indicates that he didn't leave #2 to hook up with PEF.

Remember the Cleveland trip, while he was with #2. He was "fed up," and I think that is a quote from SS.

On a slightly different subject, when talking about his record, one thing some people mentioned was making the DA position full time. Some consider that a major accomplishment.

RFG said, in the DC:

"It's a big job," Gricar said. "I devote all time to it, and I just would like to be paid accordingly."

At that point, DA's had an outside law practice; RFG was the first in Centre County that didn't.

A new statute permitted him to hire an additional ADA; he had five and could add another.

"If I become full-time, I will waive a sixth assistant to spare the county the expense," Gricar said.

Daily Collegian, 1/17/86

http://digitalnewspapers.libraries.p...7&ViewMode=GIF

I don't know if the link works, so here is the main page: http://digitalnewspapers.libraries.p...skin=collegian

His salary was low, $26,000, but that would be in the low $50 K range in today's dollar. He wanted that to go up to $64 K then (about the equivalent to $127 K). Keep in mind he was married to wife #1 at the time, and she was probably make close to double what he was.

He said these things within three weeks of first taking office. Notice what he's saying. He didn't say **The caseload is too large, so either hire help or pay me more.** He wanted more money.

Money was a reoccurring theme in RFG's life. There is nothing illegal or immoral in that, but it does show the importance RFG gave to money.
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
  #34  
Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
cloudbuster05 cloudbuster05 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 180
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
As I've said, the version of the breakup RFG told to some friends had nothing to do with infidelity, involving PEF or anyone else.

The two year time gap indicates that he didn't leave #2 to hook up with PEF.

Remember the Cleveland trip, while he was with #2. He was "fed up," and I think that is a quote from SS.

On a slightly different subject, when talking about his record, one thing some people mentioned was making the DA position full time. Some consider that a major accomplishment.

RFG said, in the DC:

"It's a big job," Gricar said. "I devote all time to it, and I just would like to be paid accordingly."

At that point, DA's had an outside law practice; RFG was the first in Centre County that didn't.

A new statute permitted him to hire an additional ADA; he had five and could add another.

"If I become full-time, I will waive a sixth assistant to spare the county the expense," Gricar said.

Daily Collegian, 1/17/86

http://digitalnewspapers.libraries.p...7&ViewMode=GIF

I don't know if the link works, so here is the main page: http://digitalnewspapers.libraries.p...skin=collegian

His salary was low, $26,000, but that would be in the low $50 K range in today's dollar. He wanted that to go up to $64 K then (about the equivalent to $127 K). Keep in mind he was married to wife #1 at the time, and she was probably make close to double what he was.

He said these things within three weeks of first taking office. Notice what he's saying. He didn't say **The caseload is too large, so either hire help or pay me more.** He wanted more money.

Money was a reoccurring theme in RFG's life. There is nothing illegal or immoral in that, but it does show the importance RFG gave to money.
On the other hand Ray was reported as not worried about money as per friends.
He donated half his salary in the beginning to the woman's abuse resource center.
Lets remember that Ray's original plans to retire included PF to retire with him and she would not at her young age of 42 or 43 at the time have a cozy pension. Keep in mind that her retirement if she would need it would take a hit for retiring before the proper age. Therefore Ray's pension was probably understood to be their main source of income.
If Ray had such a care about money then why share his bank account with Lara?
Nah, I don't see the reoccurring theme. Are you now trying to show Ray took a buyout to leave maybe? Please explain the rest of it.
__________________
Truthseeker from day one.

Last edited by cloudbuster05; 02-15-2012 at 06:48 PM.
  #35  
Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 PM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster05 View Post
On the other hand Ray was reported as not worried about money as per friends.
He donated half his salary in the beginning to the woman's abuse resource center.
He was described as "frugal." The donation was a one time donation when he went full time. He didn't lose anything by it, and gained some good PR.

Quote:
Lets remember that Ray's original plans to retire included PF to retire with him and she would not at her young age of 42 or 43 at the time have a cozy pension.
It would be close to 20 years, though she could not claim it immediately (age).

Quote:
If Ray had such a care about money then why share his bank account with Lara?
A. To write checks in case something to him, e.g. disability or death.

B. There would be a savings on inheritance taxes.

Neither reason is uncommon.

The question is, and has been, why isn't more in those accounts?

Quote:
Nah, I don't see the reoccurring theme.
You would not the person it would be directed to. Interestingly it was a major theme of Bryant's 1993 campaign. http://www.collegian.psu.edu:8080/ar...-93dnews-8.asp

Quote:
Are you now trying to show Ray took a buyout to leave maybe?
No, though if that is the case, there might be evidence.

BTW: Do you like Billy Joel?
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
The Following User Says Thank You to J. J. in Phila For This Useful Post:
  #36  
Old 02-16-2012, 05:09 AM
cloudbuster05 cloudbuster05 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
He was described as "frugal." The donation was a one time donation when he went full time. He didn't lose anything by it, and gained some good PR.

So IMO Ray bought himself some good PR, nothing there but a show of how he liked spending money.

It would be close to 20 years, though she could not claim it immediately (age).
So they would have to live on Ray's money, thank goodness he was being frugal.


A. To write checks in case something to him, e.g. disability or death.

B. There would be a savings on inheritance taxes.

Neither reason is uncommon.

The question is, and has been, why isn't more in those accounts?

So where does that show Ray fixated on money?

You would not the person it would be directed to. Interestingly it was a major theme of Bryant's 1993 campaign. http://www.collegian.psu.edu:8080/ar...-93dnews-8.asp
Bryant in 1993 had political reasons to attack Ray on going from part time to full time. Bryant could do that because the part time position would benefit his schedule and his funds. Bryant as per your article was to remain a attorney , so he could only be DA part time. Attorneys make more money. Ray could of done that but he chose not to and thought it would conflict with the District Attorney position. That is not someone worried about money.
Ray was already working full time hours with a part time status. His argument wasn't the money it was the fact that he had four assistants working in full time positions all the while he was only part time. Ask yourself as Ray did if that makes sense? In other words would you sit back and work full time along with your assistants while you only was a part timer? Being full time also would give him his health insurance.


No, though if that is the case, there might be evidence.
Please let us know if you find it.
BTW: Do you like Billy Joel?
Oh I get it lol, this question is like the question I have received daily lol. I thought that was a friend of yours. I get it lol.
__________________
Truthseeker from day one.
  #37  
Old 02-16-2012, 10:12 AM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster05 View Post
So IMO Ray bought himself some good PR, nothing there but a show of how he liked spending money.
The spending was purposeful (and deductible). He was not known for spending.

Quote:
So they would have to live on Ray's money, thank goodness he was being frugal.
The pension was around $120 K per year, from what I understand. You may have to watch your pennies in Manhattan or Beverly Hills, but not in Bellefonte. The median household income in the county is about $50,400 in 2010.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/42/42027.html

Add to that an absence of debt.

Quote:
So where does that show Ray fixated on money?
1986, three weeks after taking office, RFG was asking for more money.

1993, Bryant is bringing it up, because RFG still is asking for more money.

At some point, from what I understand, RFG when to the PDAA, the state DA's association, with a resolution calling for all DA's to be full time. They would not support it, so he resigns from that.

1995-96, RFG comes into disagreement with Commissioner Wedler, because she opposes making the post full time.

According to you, this isn't a pattern of 9-10 years?
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
  #38  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:47 PM
pinktoes pinktoes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 293
JJ: In your thinking, try using the term 'paramour' in the layman's sense, ie, not requiring living together. More like a lover on the side. Because if you insist on going by the written record of official domiciles, so to speak, you're not going to learn anything new.

How many of us know of people who had "paramours" on the side for years, then got divorced, and for any one of many reasons, did not marry that paramour until years later? I've seen it a LOT.

Here are some examples, none of which might apply in Gricar's situation. Just examples:

so family members wouldn't suspect there had been an illicit relationship during the marriage, and thus think badly of the parties

for political or social reasons; just doesn't look good in some social settings

to prevent an ex-spouse from raising questions about the fairness of the divorce settlement

just generally to prevent the exspouse from getting angrier and possibly revengeful/retaliatory in whatever realm she had the power to do so

anybody else feel free to chime in or else JJ will take each one of these and apply them to Ray and discount them (lol)

brainstorm...
The Following User Says Thank You to pinktoes For This Useful Post:
  #39  
Old 02-16-2012, 03:00 PM
pinktoes pinktoes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 293
JJ: Question: Do you know yet what's going to happen yet with CDT and the interest in Gricar's disappearance? I remember you saying it was Heisse's interest in it that drove things. New guy coming.
  #40  
Old 02-16-2012, 03:13 PM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktoes View Post
JJ: In your thinking, try using the term 'paramour' in the layman's sense, ie, not requiring living together. More like a lover on the side. Because if you insist on going by the written record of official domiciles, so to speak, you're not going to learn anything new.
No, I'm saying that the account RFG gave to friends had nothing to do with infidelity of any party.

I'm thinking of a corespondent as that term is used. RFG gave at least some friends a reason for a divorce that had nothing to do with infidelity, from either party in the marriage.

That frankly did surprise me, because there were rumors that RFG was involved with other women.

Now, whether he was being honest about the reasons or not is another question. You indicated that RFG left wife #2. Okay, but that wouldn't be a reason not to become seriously involved until two years after that.



Quote:

Here are some examples, none of which might apply in Gricar's situation. Just examples:

so family members wouldn't suspect there had been an illicit relationship during the marriage, and thus think badly of the parties
His family is out of town; her parent's are dead.

Quote:
for political or social reasons; just doesn't look good in some social settings
RFG was never said to be social and there was no political need after RFG wins the primary in 2001.

Quote:
to prevent an ex-spouse from raising questions about the fairness of the divorce settlement
If the ground is infidelity, it would be in there.

Quote:
just generally to prevent the exspouse from getting angrier and possibly revengeful/retaliatory in whatever realm she had the power to do so
And that occur before, prior to the primary in 2001. Take a look at the number of times ex spouses attack politicians (McCain's ex wife was probably an exception). Heck, that dates back to Stevenson.

Further, according to you, RFG left her, a year prior an election.

Like I've said, what RFG told friends had nothing to do with infidelity, his or wife #2's. There breakup might have had nothing aspect to it.
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
  #41  
Old 02-16-2012, 03:22 PM
cloudbuster05 cloudbuster05 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
The spending was purposeful (and deductible). He was not known for spending.

Well he did a good job on buying the mini cooper in cash. He also was a spender on his Vermont vacations and PF was with him. He was a good spender when he paid off PF's morgage. He also had a hobby of buying antique toys.

The pension was around $120 K per year, from what I understand. You may have to watch your pennies in Manhattan or Beverly Hills, but not in Bellefonte. The median household income in the county is about $50,400 in 2010.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/42/42027.html

Add to that an absence of debt.



1986, three weeks after taking office, RFG was asking for more money.

1993, Bryant is bringing it up, because RFG still is asking for more money.

At some point, from what I understand, RFG when to the PDAA, the state DA's association, with a resolution calling for all DA's to be full time. They would not support it, so he resigns from that.

1995-96, RFG comes into disagreement with Commissioner Wedler, because she opposes making the post full time.

According to you, this isn't a pattern of 9-10 years?
He was asking that he be full time, as his assistants already was. If he wanted more money he could of been a attorney part time like Bryant. Bryant welcomed being a part timer so he could still be a attorney the other half of the day. Ray thought that doing that would be a conflict .Nobody works full time and is only paid part time wages, minus health insurance.
__________________
Truthseeker from day one.
  #42  
Old 02-16-2012, 03:29 PM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster05 View Post
He was asking that he be full time, as his assistants already was. If he wanted more money he could of been a attorney part time like Bryant. Bryant welcomed being a part timer so he could still be a attorney the other half of the day. Ray thought that doing that would be a conflict .Nobody works full time and is only paid part time wages, minus health insurance.
RFG alone thought this. His predecessors didn't. The state DA's association didn't. His opponents didn't.

If he wasn't handling criminal cases, a conflict would be unlikely, and as seen in MTM's case, could be handled. Statute makes provision for that.
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
  #43  
Old 02-16-2012, 03:30 PM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktoes View Post
JJ: Question: Do you know yet what's going to happen yet with CDT and the interest in Gricar's disappearance? I remember you saying it was Heisse's interest in it that drove things. New guy coming.

I have no idea, but it is intertwined with a very noted case.
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
  #44  
Old 02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
cloudbuster05 cloudbuster05 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
He was described as "frugal." The donation was a one time donation when he went full time. He didn't lose anything by it, and gained some good PR.



It would be close to 20 years, though she could not claim it immediately (age).



A. To write checks in case something to him, e.g. disability or death.

B. There would be a savings on inheritance taxes.

Neither reason is uncommon.

The question is, and has been, why isn't more in those accounts?



You would not the person it would be directed to. Interestingly it was a major theme of Bryant's 1993 campaign. http://www.collegian.psu.edu:8080/ar...-93dnews-8.asp



No, though if that is the case, there might be evidence.

BTW: Do you like Billy Joel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster05 View Post
Oh I get it lol, this question is like the question I have received daily lol. I thought that was a friend of yours. I get it lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
The spending was purposeful (and deductible). He was not known for spending.



The pension was around $120 K per year, from what I understand. You may have to watch your pennies in Manhattan or Beverly Hills, but not in Bellefonte. The median household income in the county is about $50,400 in 2010.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/42/42027.html

Add to that an absence of debt.



1986, three weeks after taking office, RFG was asking for more money.

1993, Bryant is bringing it up, because RFG still is asking for more money.

At some point, from what I understand, RFG when to the PDAA, the state DA's association, with a resolution calling for all DA's to be full time. They would not support it, so he resigns from that.

1995-96, RFG comes into disagreement with Commissioner Wedler, because she opposes making the post full time.

According to you, this isn't a pattern of 9-10 years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
RFG alone thought this. His predecessors didn't. The state DA's association didn't. His opponents didn't.

If he wasn't handling criminal cases, a conflict would be unlikely, and as seen in MTM's case, could be handled. Statute makes provision for that.
Point is we are talking about Ray not his predecessors.
__________________
Truthseeker from day one.
  #45  
Old 02-16-2012, 04:01 PM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster05 View Post
Point is we are talking about Ray not his predecessors.
It still shows his longstanding interest in increasing the pay of the position, and interest not shared with others.
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
  #46  
Old 02-16-2012, 04:34 PM
pinktoes pinktoes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 293
I have no idea, but it is intertwined with a very noted case.

JJ: You mean Sandusky?
The Following User Says Thank You to pinktoes For This Useful Post:
  #47  
Old 02-16-2012, 04:46 PM
cloudbuster05 cloudbuster05 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
It still shows his longstanding interest in increasing the pay of the position, and interest not shared with others.
You missed the whole point. There was no need or interest from any other person because Ray was the only one on the outside looking in.

Bryant was in 1993 a Full time Attorney, Ray was not. Therefore it was feasible for Bryant not to want full time status.

Ray's assistants worked in full time positions, yet Ray himself was part time without health insurance. The question is it's clear Ray put in full time hours but yet took home only half a salary. Would you in all honesty not be pushing to raise to the level of your assistants at least, or would you continue to work for free?

You say Ray bought himself some good PR by donating part of that salary but yet the way I see it was he was so grateful to have a full time position that he decided to share some of it to his favorite charity. If he got some PR out of it then it was a good thing all the way around.
__________________
Truthseeker from day one.
  #48  
Old 02-16-2012, 04:49 PM
cloudbuster05 cloudbuster05 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 180
JJ what's your opinion on the governor's position regarding Ray and the JS fiasco?
__________________
Truthseeker from day one.
  #49  
Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 PM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktoes View Post
I have no idea, but it is intertwined with a very noted case.

JJ: You mean Sandusky?
Apparently the grand jury was asking about the 1998 decision.

JKA was quite correct when she said it was the DA's decision.
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
  #50  
Old 02-16-2012, 04:57 PM
J. J. in Phila's Avatar
J. J. in Phila J. J. in Phila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster05 View Post
You missed the whole point. There was no need or interest from any other person because Ray was the only one on the outside looking in.
No he wasn't. Go back and read the posts.
__________________


What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #8 J. J. in Phila 2000's Missing 741 02-08-2012 10:52 PM
PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #7 arielilane 2000's Missing 892 12-07-2011 12:11 AM
PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #6 arielilane 2000's Missing 747 11-10-2011 09:27 PM
PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #5 christine2448 2000's Missing 547 04-26-2011 06:40 PM
PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #4 Amraann 2000's Missing 393 10-13-2008 07:38 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!