Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion

Notices

Missing but not forgotten Discussion This Forum is for case discussion and opinion regarding all missing persons who have not been forgotten despite the number of years they have been missing. Many members have loved ones here & need your help to bring them home!

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
Its very sad isnt it!

I honestly think its time to look at our laws.
Seems they all protect the guilty and none are there for those that are missing and killed.

I do think if you are involved with a missing person or someone murdered
everyperson should have to take a poly. A voice stress test and a good old shot of sodium pantathol!!!!!!

No more silence!
If your innocent you have nothing to hide!
Save the taxpayers a ton of $$$$$$$$$$ and get this scum off the streets!

These ppl know they can get away with it by just not saying anything and if they cant find the body they just go on with their lives!

All JMO
I don't know if taking a LDT does anything though? Hasn't JD taken a poly in this case? They are not going to arrest based on results of a poly, we've seen other cases where they need actual evidence (poly results are not) to charge.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
Its very sad isnt it!

I honestly think its time to look at our laws.
Seems they all protect the guilty and none are there for those that are missing and killed.

I do think if you are involved with a missing person or someone murdered
everyperson should have to take a poly. A voice stress test and a good old shot of sodium pantathol!!!!!!

No more silence!
If your innocent you have nothing to hide!
Save the taxpayers a ton of $$$$$$$$$$ and get this scum off the streets!

These ppl know they can get away with it by just not saying anything and if they cant find the body they just go on with their lives!

All JMO

ITA!!!! I also think it is time to reevaluate ALL of our laws and jail system. I am so annoyed with hearing how all these inmates get degrees and college educations in jail. Who is paying for that? My parents and I are paying for my college education. Maybe I should go to jail to get a free higher education?!

IMO, look at what "free" Americans are doing without- TV, Internet, etc. Make inmates work 8 hours a day, minimum wage, and make them pay for what they want. Garnish wages for inmates who owe child support, etc. provide a basic meal, and make them buy food if they want more.

I am sure there are flaws in this idea, but our jail systems are a hot mess right now!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to meganx3xo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 01:55 PM

Do we know for sure where Ayla was "sleeping" that night? I've heard PD's room and her own room.

Also, if Ayla cried at night, did they have a baby monitor in the basement? Or did JD expect PD or ED to get up with Ayla.. After all, the basement is "sound proof..."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meganx3xo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 02:26 PM

I am checking in to see if any updates have been provided by LE regarding the items found in the water near the DP's house.

I can see that there are many sleuthers here that feel as frustrated as I do with the way parents can lie about their children.. and no consequences are given... for the most horrific deed of getting rid of their most prized gifts!

I am praying for Ayla, Trista, and the family and friends who love her so!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 11:59 PM

Sweet baby Ayla. Another baby has joined you in heaven. Say hello to Ethan Henderson. His daddy broke his arm, then weeks later killed him. Give him some sweet angel kisses.

Sadly, this is my honest opinion.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:01 AM

Missing tot's mother begs for information
http://www.pressherald.com/news/miss...012-05-18.html

It breaks my heart that Trista still does not have her sweet, little baby girl back in her arms. I really wish a certain someone would grow a pair....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Helenstreet For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 01:21 AM

Message to JD: Can you hear those footsteps behind you. Listen. Clomp, clomp, thud, chomp. That's the sound of Karma - catching up to you.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligram View Post
Message to JD: Can you hear those footsteps behind you. Listen. Clomp, clomp, thud, chomp. That's the sound of Karma - catching up to you.
DITTO what you said....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helenstreet For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Zaylee Rose born 1/2/11. In loving memory of Zahra and Caylee. Love you angels.

Grand Jury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorkim View Post
Maybe I've missed something, but is a grand jury being convened in this case? Since Casey Anthony, is it ok to possibly kill your child and if not found, ok, no problem. Just clam up and lie. I don't know if this is the case here, but something is out of whack. Is this the new normal? There are so many cases like this that people just keep quiet and as long as there is no body, no problem. Although, of course, Caylee WAS found after Casey was arrested, but look where that lead. Anyway, very frustrating with all these missing children cases. I can't believe it's been this long in Ayla's case. Wow.
I believe that a Grand Jury has met twice since Ayla has gone missing. Neither times were indictments handed down. I do not know if Ayla's case was presented at either meeting, I only know the outcome, no indictments (yet).
Old 05-18-2012, 06:07 AM
WS Moderator

Posted: May 17
Updated: Today at 1:19 AM
By DAVID SHARP The Associated Press

Quote:
The mother of a toddler missing for five months says she's begging, pleading and praying for someone to come forward with information that will help solve the mystery of what happened to her child, who disappeared from her bed a week before Christmas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenstreet View Post

It breaks my heart that Trista still does not have her sweet, little baby girl back in her arms. I really wish a certain someone would grow a pair....
Thank You for this update !

snipped from above link :

Missing Tot's Mother Begs for Information

"This case continues to be worked upon by investigators and there will be more searches. And the work continues," said Steve McCausland of the Maine Department of Public Safety.

DiPietro didn't return a call from The Associated Press.

The good news is McCausland said there will be more searches and the work continues ...

And no "surprise" that DiPietro does NOT want to talk to the press ...

I hope all of the DiPietro's and their "fan club" are reading this ... MPS is NOT giving up ... it's just a matter of time

Old 05-18-2012, 02:13 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
Thank You for this update !

snipped from above link :

Missing Tot's Mother Begs for Information

"This case continues to be worked upon by investigators and there will be more searches. And the work continues," said Steve McCausland of the Maine Department of Public Safety.

DiPietro didn't return a call from The Associated Press.

The good news is McCausland said there will be more searches and the work continues ...

And no "surprise" that DiPietro does NOT want to talk to the press ...

I hope all of the DiPietro's and their "fan club" are reading this ... MPS is NOT giving up ... it's just a matter of time

You are more than welcome. I totally agree with your comments too. On another note--although I don't believe that a blog associated with Trista's family can be posted here--apparently a certain event occurred in JP's life about 9 months after precious, little Ayla came into this world. There was some speculation based on comments posted on the Statement Analysis blog, and the Reynolds' family confirmed the information. Have you heard of this?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenstreet View Post
You are more than welcome. I totally agree with your comments too. On another note--although I don't believe that a blog associated with Trista's family can be posted here--apparently a certain event occurred in JP's life about 9 months after precious, little Ayla came into this world. There was some speculation based on comments posted on the Statement Analysis blog, and the Reynolds' family confirmed the information. Have you heard of this?

I am drawing a "blank" ... was it the paternity question ?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I am drawing a "blank" ... was it the paternity question ?
Nope....apparently Ayla has another brother....
Old 05-18-2012, 03:37 PM

Much of this newly revealed possible Ayla half sibling info is not discussable here as it has not been covered (I don't think anyway) by MSM or other quotable sources and would still be considered rumor.

A simple google search will satisfy your curiosity if you have it. I have no doubt if this info is verified, it will be covered in the press soon enough and then be something we can speculate on the ramifications of.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:45 PM

I was reading Isa Celis's thread and came across this article from Slate Magazine. I think it is extremely interesting, informative, and telling. (sections from the article are bolded)

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ents_kill.html

Children under the age of 5 in the United States are more likely to be killed by their parents than anyone else. Contrary to popular mythology, they are rarely killed by a sex-crazed stranger. FBI crime statistics show that in 1999 parents were responsible for 57 percent of these murders, with family friends and acquaintances accounting for another 30 percent and other family members accounting for 8 percent. Crime statistics further reveal that of the children under 5 killed from 1976 to 1999, 30 percent were murdered by their mothers while 31 percent were killed by their fathers. And while the strangers, acquaintances, and other family members who kill children skew heavily toward males (as does the entire class of murderers), children are as likely to be murdered by their fathers as by their mothers.
There is a 31% chance that Ayla was killed by her father. I believe that this statistic should be higher, since Ayla was in Justin's "sole custody."

Contrast this with the reasons men kill their children: Most frequently—like Garcia or Soltys—they kill because they feel they have lost control over their finances, or their families, or the relationship, or out of revenge for a perceived slight or infidelity. The consistent idea is that women usually kill their children either because they are angry at themselves or because they want to destroy that which they created, whereas more often than not, men kill their children to get back at a woman—to take away what she most cherishes.

I believe Ayla was killed because Trista "cheated" on Justin, with Ray. I believe that Justin is possessive and controlling, and when Trista would no longer be controlled by Justin, he began plotting how to get back at her. I believe that Ayla was nothing more than a pawn in Justin's game, and a way to control Trista. If Courtney is still around, she is doing whatever Justin wants, therefore, her son is safe.*

Moreover, the NCMEC study showed that while the victims of maternal killings are almost always found either in or close to the home, fathers will, on average, dispose of the bodies hundreds of miles away. All these behaviors suggest that women associate these murders with themselves, their homes, and their bodies

I think the location of Ayla's body will be extremely telling. Did Justin send Courtney out to dump Ayla while he cleaned up? After all, Courtney thought of Ayla as her own daughter. *Or did Courtney clean up while Justin dumped her body?*
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to meganx3xo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 03:57 AM

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/M...d-to-case.html

Quote:
WATERVILLE — A spokesperson for Maine State Police won’t say whether the items retrieved from the Kennebec River in recent weeks are related to the case of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds, but her mother said some of the items are not.

Ayla’s mother, Trista Reynolds, said a state police detective told her that items collected on May 8 are not related to the case, but wasn’t told what they are.
Quote:
Reynolds said she felt mixed emotions upon learning that some items are not related to the case.

“I’m irritated, angry, frustrated and sad,” she said. “I’m more irritated than anything that we’re back to square one.”
She also feels frustration towards state police- she thinks they could do more. McCausland said he is also frustrated, which he has voiced publicly.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to meganx3xo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 07:46 AM
WS Moderator

Mom: Items from river not related to case

1:00 AM
By Ben McCanna bmccanna@centralmaine.com
Staff Writer

Quote:
WATERVILLE — A spokesperson for Maine State Police won’t say whether the items retrieved from the Kennebec River in recent weeks are related to the case of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds, but her mother said some of the items are not.
The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganx3xo View Post

She also feels frustration towards state police- she thinks they could do more. McCausland said he is also frustrated, which he has voiced publicly.

Thank You for this update.

I was so hoping that these items would lead to something that would help in finding Ayla !

snippet from the above link :

Ayla’s mother, Trista Reynolds, said a state police detective told her that items collected on May 8 are not related to the case, but wasn’t told what they are.

Department of Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland wouldn’t comment on Reynolds’ claim.

BBM: So ... McCausland won't comment on what Trista said, and from past comments from McCausland, IMO it tells me that this is correct.

BUT ... check out this snippet :

Earlier this month, Reynolds was told that investigators planned to show her photographs of those items, but that hasn’t happened yet, she said.

“I don’t know when I will be seeing what was found,” she said.

So ... Trista was told that they were going to show her photos of the items found, but they haven't yet ?

So how do they know that they are not related to Ayla IF they haven't shown the photos and/or items to Trista ?

Now, could it be that LE wants to "trip up" the DiPietro's ? And if so, that is understandable because the DiPietro's and their "fan club" have been DISHONEST with LE from the get-go about Ayla ... so I wouldn't blame LE IF they had "something up their sleeve" ...

I just hope LE does ... it's time for a BREAK in this case for AYLA !

Old 05-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Verified expert in neuroscience

Quote:
Thank You for this update.

I was so hoping that these items would lead to something that would help in finding Ayla !

snippet from the above link :

Department of Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland wouldn’t comment on Reynolds’ claim.

BBM: So ... McCausland won't comment on what Trista said, and from past comments from McCausland, IMO it tells me that this is correct.

BUT ... check out this snippet :

Earlier this month, Reynolds was told that investigators planned to show her photographs of those items, but that hasn’t happened yet, she said.

“I don’t know when I will be seeing what was found,” she said.

So ... Trista was told that they were going to show her photos of the items found, but they haven't yet ?

So how do they know that they are not related to Ayla IF they haven't shown the photos and/or items to Trista ?

Now, could it be that LE wants to "trip up" the DiPietro's ? And if so, that is understandable because the DiPietro's and their "fan club" have been DISHONEST with LE from the get-go about Ayla ... so I wouldn't blame LE IF they had "something up their sleeve" ...

I just hope LE does ... it's time for a BREAK in this case for AYLA !

The ones from May 8th aren't related, but weren't there some items found a couple weeks before that? Were those also stated to be unrelated?

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainJaneDoe View Post
The ones from May 8th aren't related, but weren't there some items found a couple weeks before that? Were those also stated to be unrelated?

Yes, that's a good possibility ... I am going to re-read that article again ...

snipped from : http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/M...d-to-case.html

Hmmm ... maybe the items from the previous search near the Mill are related ...
Old 05-20-2012, 12:45 AM

Trying to read between their lines is making me nutz. For the love of Ayla, please somebody voluntarily speak out. If not, please slip one of them Waterville liars a truth potion and have a recorder going.

IMHO
Old 05-20-2012, 03:32 PM

Could someone explain double jeopardy to me? If Justin were to be charged with abuse regarding Ayla's arm, couldn't he still be charged with her murder? Thanks!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meganx3xo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganx3xo View Post
Could someone explain double jeopardy to me? If Justin were to be charged with abuse regarding Ayla's arm, couldn't he still be charged with her murder? Thanks!!
I am not a lawyer but I wouldn't think that charges about Ayla's arm have anything to do with double jeopardy, since it was a separate incident which happened at a different time.
It is my understanding that double jeopardy means that you can't be charged for the same crime twice after you've been acquitted or convicted.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
I am not a lawyer but I wouldn't think that charges about Ayla's arm have anything to do with double jeopardy, since it was a separate incident which happened at a different time.
It is my understanding that double jeopardy means that you can't be charged for the same crime twice after you've been acquitted or convicted.

You are correct.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread