Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Michelle Young

Notices

Michelle Young Michelle Young, 29 and pregnant was murdered in her North Carolina home. Who killed Michelle?

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
The PT team did not object. It was testified that there were bags in the garage ready to be donated which where never examined.

If this was not the case would you not think the PT would of presented someone to discount this?
I did not know the donation bags in the garage were a fact. Do you know who testified to this, so I can review that testimony?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfpack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky89 View Post
I work for a bar and we do not have working cameras!!
I also think even a few years ago video cameras were not as common as they are now. I worked in a big grocery store in '04 that had no cameras either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjcitizen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromageball View Post
I think everyone here wants justice for Michelle and Rylan(and her family and friends) but not everyone is convinced that JY committed the murder. If I were a juror I would be a little upset with everyone involved in investigating and presenting this case because it has and will be a very difficult case to decide for them to decide. Last time the jury couldn't come to a consensus and it's possible that they may not be able to this time either. That leaves everyone in limbo. Terrible situation for everyone involved.

My alternate theory from the beginning has been someone who was stalking Michelle or someone else unknown to her. It's not a very popular theory and may seem absurd, but I would ask anyone who thinks it is absurd to consider the Kathy Taft case that is going to trial soon.
Why be upset with the investigators? they investigated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
If that's the case, she surely could have reported this to her manager, as an incident, and a reason for why she had $5. However, I am under the impression she never mentioned being yelled at, or her excess cash to her boss.
I can't see her being over in her cash drawer as anything suspicious. jmo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
I actually think the problem is that she wasn't really asked about the dog. I remember her saying the dog was going crazy when she got there, but I don't think any further questions were asked about that until she said that she took Mr. G outside w/ her and CY.

I wish they had asked because it seems like there would have been bloody paw prints all over the place, even if the dog was locked up during the murder. Animals have a 6th sense, even my cats growl at strange people or noises. Dogs go nuts if someone goes after their person! If nothing else I would think that Mr. G would have stayed with Michelle if he was free to move around the house. Maybe he did and then ran to Meredith when she came in. Who knows...
If there was something about the dog, imo, it would have come up. There were no bloody pawprints or it would be in evidence. Where there is nothing, there is nothing. jmo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the couger View Post
Not so.. They had been donated before her murder.
Only according to JY.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 12:13 AM

IMO,MOO Jason Young committed the crime! The shoes he has on in the CB picture and the one Agent Morrow had maded are indentical besides the color!! I work in a bar and have atleast 400 people come in on Friday and Saturday nite. Let one in get a fight, cuss me because I want let them walk in and out or have one try to get in on a fake id, I can't describe what they look like and what they have on but you better believe if they come back to the bar 2 or 3 weeks later I can remember them and what they did. So to a degree I can understand Gracie. I don't have a memory problem!! I can't remember what my boyfriend walked out the door wearing Saturday to work (I watched him leave the house) but if someone showed me a picture of the clothes (not him with them on) I would be like yes he had those clothes on!!
Have you ever heard of that little phrase called "jarring the memory"!!

Last edited by Lucky89; 02-27-2012 at 01:00 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the couger
Not so.. They had been donated before her murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
Only according to JY.
Ohiogirl, I totally agree!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 01:01 AM

"you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 01:23 AM

I am like SS how can one man be as unlucky as JY!!!
Your wife is murdered with your daughter at home with her and just so happen the door and cameras are messed with in the hotel you are staying in but you admit in court that you went out that door and put a twig in it to smoke a cigar and just so happen a size 12 HP leaves prints at your home and you admit to owning a pair but they were donated to Goodwill.(And of course he tells all this after he knows every bit of evidence that LE has on him .... how convenient!!) But then the same JY who was able to spend a weekend with MM in Orlando has all the luck in the world to the point his wife (MY) does not even have a clue he is there visting MM but instead thinks he is there on business!! And to top the cake this same man (JY) has sex with CAS on his couch while MY is out of town and his child is upstairs a sleep and then later in the week his wife comes home and the two of them (JY & CAS) are able to sit at a table with MY like nothing has happen. (this takes balls and I mean big balls) But good ole JY was not unlucky that CAS might pour her guts out to her!!!

Last edited by Lucky89; 02-27-2012 at 01:41 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 01:33 AM

Talking

Quote:
I am like SS how can one man be as unlucky as JY!!!
Your wife is murdered with your daughter at home with her and just so happen the door and cameras are messed with in the hotel you are staying in but you admit in court that you went out that door and put a twig in it to smoke a cigar and just so happen a size 12 HP leaves prints at your home and you admit to owning a pair but they were donated to Goodwill. But then the same JY who was able to spend a weekend with MM in Orlando has all the luck in the world to the point his wife (MF) does not even have a clue he is there visting MM but instead thinks he is on business!! I would have to say damn Karma is a witch!!!!
No one I can think of !!! The poor guy. Almost makes you want to
feel sorry for him lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parker38 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle Cap View Post
Its a courtesy thing, IMO. If you've gone back to see the post and can reference the number, it takes about 5 seconds to save everyone else the time.
Well...for my own curiosity I did go back and read the post referenced that started this back and forth and I can't see how it related (the post the person was directed to go back and look at #579 - It didn't make sense to me as far as having a thing to do with the question the poster asked to begin with.

Now, if some posts have been deleted by mods (and from some of the snarkiness throughout the day I would not be surprised) that is going to mess up the post numbers. THAT is why it is good to quote the post and not just point a person back to a specific post number. IMO

Last edited by Talina; 02-27-2012 at 01:59 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker38 View Post
No one I can think of !!! The poor guy. Almost makes you want to
feel sorry for him lol
If my luck ran like JY, I sure as hell would not be gambling!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky89 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 02:29 AM

nytal
The Following User Says Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:36 AM
"The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it."

Quote:
"you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"

You said it Lucky89!! After doing all of the reading on this thread today ( whew!) this says it all. So true. So true. Well, IMO only, but of course.

Jmo, in my opinion only, no link ~ only what I think & all of that Jazz.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbtack View Post
What is GOLO?
GOLO = Crazy people
For the sake of your brain cells, don't even investigate any further.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmarilloByAM For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:54 AM

Quote:
I was wondering this as well. Did they ask Meredith where she found the dog when she got to the house? All I remember is that she said Mr. G was "going crazy" when she got there. Then that she took him outside with her and CY.
The Mr. G thing is weird. I have a black lab that if she had the run of the house would absolutely be with my daughter if no one else was in the house (i.e. after a murder happened). I also believe had I been Michelle my dog would have definitely come over, sniffed me, licked blood (sorry, bad to think about I know) and in turn would have tracked blood at least in the carpet around my body. Strange. Can't figure it out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmarilloByAM For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 04:06 AM
"The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle Cap View Post
Hey guys, something's been bugging me.

In the video of JY in the Cracker Barrel, he had a black knitted beanie on his head. In the still of him leaving the HI, he had a ball cap on, but was carrying the beanie. I can't figure out what's up w/ the two hats, but the black one isn't on his head - it's resting atop the newspaper. The ball cap obscures his face nicely, but it was cold and there was a gale, so the beanie would have been the one to wear to keep warm. Instead, he carries it.

I know there were no prints on the camera, and the lack of gloves has been an issue to some people. Why couldn't he have stuck his hand in the beanie to mess with the camera? Its not like unplugging it or shifting it up is a delicate operation, you could totally slip your hand in and do what you needed, and leave no prints.

Good post. I too thought the same regarding the beanie on his hand instead of gloves. I don't think he liked the idea of putting gloves on, do what he needed to do w the camera and immediately walk outside to his car. The beanie is something he can put on at the last moment , does the job, and beanie gets thrown back on top of newspaper (like nothing ever happened) goes to car. He did not want to be seen walking down that hotel hallway on camera with gloves on obvs and he very well couldn't stop right at the camera, take time to put them on and then do it for fear of someone coming...he wanted to do it fast...he knew he had to be quick. IMO and moo.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritguy View Post
I can assure you thought whether you stand on a G or NG, you will at times feel irritated, insulted or whatever by things people say. Unless it's a personal attack, that's just going to happen with things like this.

I've seen some comments directed toward people on the G side that for the life of me defy any sense at all other than to misdirect, mislead, irritate or whatever. IMO. So, I'm sure it's been that way for people who are NG as well. That, however, has nothing to do with people or comments questioning the state's case, evidence, theory or whatever - many of which are clearly insightful and thoughtful IMO even if I disagree.

It pays to have some thick skin on both sides, when posting about a current trial of a murder case. I think in just about every case, no one means to insult anyone else even if they could be charged with First Degree Posting While Irritated - they only want justice for the victims and a just trial for the defendant (at least, so I'd sincerely hope).
Yes, GG, I have seen a lot of the Posting while irritated. But it is the misrepresentation of facts (I have seen that on both sides) that puzzles me. It is almost like this is a competition where twisting facts are acceptable. I always appreciate your insightful responses. the IGNORE button is our best friend, isn't it?

Last edited by cody100; 02-27-2012 at 05:35 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cody100 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Yes, it does........which is exactly what 8 of the last jurors must have had problems with.

The other prints need to be dealt with, even if it means the Pros asks
Jason to try the size 10 Franklins on.....or, :drum roll: maybe that is what the defense has in mind.
Yikes, visions of OJ and the gloves.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisaa444 View Post
Good post. I too thought the same regarding the beanie on his hand instead of gloves. I don't think he liked the idea of putting gloves on, do what he needed to do w the camera and immediately walk outside to his car. The beanie is something he can put on at the last moment , does the job, and beanie gets thrown back on top of newspaper (like nothing ever happened) goes to car. He did not want to be seen walking down that hotel hallway on camera with gloves on obvs and he very well couldn't stop right at the camera, take time to put them on and then do it for fear of someone coming...he wanted to do it fast...he knew he had to be quick. IMO and moo.
Do you think he had gloves on when he murdered Michelle?
The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMom View Post
JY owned a size 12 pair of HP Orbitals (verified by receipt). A bloody shoe print of size 12 pair of orbitals was found at the crime scene. There were only 195 size 12 orbitals sold worldwide. 1+1=2......
Actually, the shoe prints could be from several other lines of HP. It might not even be a size 12 but perhaps a different size. The number of 195 only applies to size 12 Orbitals. Finally, without the shoe, there is no way to say this shoe print is from JY's shoes to the exclusion of all other shoes produced with similar soles. The shoe print exhibited class characteristics with HP shoes similar to the ones bought by JY. It is great evidence, just not the easy mathematical equation for everyone that it is for some.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cody100 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody100 View Post
Actually, the shoe prints could be from several other lines of HP. It might not even be a size 12 but perhaps a different size. The number of 195 only applies to size 12 Orbitals. Finally, without the shoe, there is no way to say this shoe print is from JY's shoes to the exclusion of all other shoes produced with similar soles. The shoe print exhibited class characteristics with HP shoes similar to the ones bought by JY. It is great evidence, just not the easy mathematical equation for everyone that it is for some.

IIRC the HP rep testimony, he said that this particular sole was only used on 3 shoes. The first two (one slip on and one lace up) were the same line and were not distributed to DSW. DSW asked them to make one similar to this slip on shoe for their store but a lower price point than what it currently sold for. They removed the gel in the heel and ball of the sole and then produced the Orbital. It was a lower price point and at that time they also discontinued the other two original shoes that used this sole design and print.

From his testimony, I gathered that this sole was not widely used on a variety of shoes in their shoe line.

I'm also not sure why you would say that the size might not even be a size 12. It did not sound to me from the testimony of expert witness testifying about the sole prints that there was any question that one of the prints was a size 12. I don't recall there being any ambiguous words in their testimony about the size of the prints they discovered in the investigation. Out of curiosity, what makes you think it is possibly a different size?
Old 02-27-2012, 07:00 AM

Here is my remembrance on this issue: It was on cross examination of either SBI agent or the guy from HP (I think). I do not have that link right this moment, but I can try to get it. It was said that it could be a 11 or 10 1/2 when questioned by defense. I gathered the uppers deternine the size of shoe.

You are right that this sole is not used widely. I am relistening to various testimonies and will get that for you on the size.
The Following User Says Thank You to cody100 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody100 View Post
Here is my remembrance on this issue: It was on cross examination of either SBI agent or the guy from HP (I think). I do not have that link right this moment, but I can try to get it. It was said that it could be a 11 or 10 1/2 when questioned by defense. I gathered the uppers deternine the size of shoe.

You are right that this sole is not used widely. I am relistening to various testimonies and will get that for you on the size.
Yes, I do recall him saying that sometimes one size sole will be used for different size upper portion of the shoe.

Honestly, while I can believe that does happen some, I can't imagine it happens with all styles and that wide spread. I've since looked at my shoes and for many, many of them, they'd look very strange to have a larger size sole on a smaller size upper portion of the shoe. It would look like I was walking around on very odd looking shoes, IMO.

If you look at the style of that particular shoe, IMO, it would look very odd to have a larger sole than the upper shoe design.

While it is possible, I believe it to be very unlikely that anything other than the correct sole size was used on shoes that style.

I can see it being done on some styles of lace up shoes or sneakers but not that type of slip on shoe.

That's just my take on it.

IMO

Last edited by Talina; 02-27-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: typos - too early in the am need coffee and lots of it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread