Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 11:06 PM
WS Moderator

IL-Laureth "Laurie" May, 29, three kids, & Destiny Gruba, 17, Aurora, 15 Feb 2012 -#2

Please continue here.

29-year-old Laureth "Laurie" May disappeared on February 15, 2012. She left with her three children, Quincy Collins, 4, Oliver Collins, 2, and Spencer Collins, 1 in the middle of the night. There has been no sign of them since. 17-year-old Destiny Gruba is also believed to be with Laurie and the children.

Previous Threads:

Thread #1

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 12:19 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

It may not mean anything... but I will repeat my opinion.

Laurie's family knows Laurie.
Destiny's family knows Destiny.

These two families need to get TOGETHER and say "where do YOU think they went?"
Find favorite places, interests, personality traits... anything that might help.

These families need to show a united front and be totally honest with each other.

That will increase the odds of learning something useful and it will also increase the odds of getting media attention.

I really think that might make a big difference.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 12:30 AM
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Uh, someone who is more FB savy than I. I think Laurie posted on her FB wall about 7 hours ago.

A post via Get Revealed with the picture of the day.

Anyone?

Can someone add the link too? Am not at all FB savy

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 12:32 AM

I should add there is a comment added to this picture too. A friend posted would love to hear from you, have been worried.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Verified Juanette

OMG---I HOPE it was her who posted. What a relief if so. Anything else can be worked out if they are all safe and healthy somewhere.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Uh, someone who is more FB savy than I. I think Laurie posted on her FB wall about 7 hours ago.

Anyone?

It looks that way! Who knows if it's actually her though.

Here's to hoping it is, and that they are all alive and well!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mgorules For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 12:37 AM

I know nothing about FB apps. Could someone other than Laurie have posted this?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
It may not mean anything... but I will repeat my opinion.

Laurie's family knows Laurie.
Destiny's family knows Destiny.

These two families need to get TOGETHER and say "where do YOU think they went?"
Find favorite places, interests, personality traits... anything that might help.

These families need to show a united front and be totally honest with each other.

That will increase the odds of learning something useful and it will also increase the odds of getting media attention.

I really think that might make a big difference.

I wouldn't say I think the families need to get together, but I do hope that the police departments involved are talking often to each other and sharing everything they have!

Quote:

Anyone?

I wouldn't count on that having been posted by her. I see posts that look like that on FB friends' sites, and they didn't post them themselves. I avoid all games and stuff like that on FB, so I don't really understand how they all work. But unless it's a personal posting from LM, rather than a generic one from an app or game, I wouldn't count on it being authentic.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MarthaM For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I know nothing about FB apps. Could someone other than Laurie have posted this?
I'm not a big fb app user, but in my experience, if someone logged in as me, any app they went to/used would show up under my name. In other words, it's not like an app on a smartphone or a computer where you may have to re-login specifically to that app and then access it. So any activity while Laurie is logged in could show up on her wall like that. If someone has her login, or she left herself logged in a computer, or if she is accessing from her phone (where most people stay perpetually logged in)-all of those scenarios could allow for someone thatis not Laurie, to appear to be Laurie. Or it could actually be Laurie.

Longest. Explanation. Ever. Sorry about that, hope that makes sense.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mgorules For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 01:02 AM

If anything, it shows activity on that app or website, and whatever device the person is using for that activity is linked to LM's logged in fb.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 AM

Actually, if you look further down on her page there is another link from the same app....the other one doesn't say "Get Revealed" but if you click it, that's where it takes you. So I think this is an app that she approved before she went missing that occassionally posts on your page....I think of those apps as spam apps. That's not exactly what they are, but pretty close. So I don't think she had anything to do with this, fwiw.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irish_Eyes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 01:40 AM

Quote:

Anyone?

I am so not FB savvy.

Sadly, it looks to me like it is the FB equivalent of spam that someone else posted to her wall or timeline or whatever the heck it is called.

If I am correct, it was probably done via bot and doesn't indicate anything significant at all.

I hope I am totally wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 AM
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

Bringing forward LM's FB: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1109287315
Old 03-05-2012, 01:53 AM
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

On cell records, I wonder if SC has access to LM's and if DG's parents have gone thru them all going back to September?

Who watched the kids while LM was working?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 AM

Today would be a great day to come home to those who love you and are waiting for the 5 of you to come home.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 AM

As others posted, I tend to agree that FB post on LM's wall is likely, almost certainly imo, a spam post. Dang FB app's.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 AM

Praying today is the day Laurie, the boys and Destiny are found safe!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 01:44 PM

The FB post which appeared to be LM's is gone. Could someone other than LM delete something off her FB wall?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
The FB post which appeared to be LM's is gone. Could someone other than LM delete something off her FB wall?
Maybe it ended up on her wall because one of her FB friends was playing that game or using that app and it posted on all of his/her friends' walls, including LM's; perhaps that person deleted it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarthaM For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 PM

Was it the same picture as the one on there now that says "Hey Laurie remember this?" ?
Old 03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
What a Kerfuffle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby2 View Post
Was it the same picture as the one on there now that says "Hey Laurie remember this?" ?
No, the picture that was on there yesterday was with the get revealed app was one of a guy in lots of snow.
Today's pictures for the app is a guy with a huge wave. The pictures from that app are not personal pictures.

The "remember this" picture is a picture of Laurie and a friend, posted by a friend on her facebook.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:57 PM
What a Kerfuffle...

You know... an odd thing I thought of on Friday.

As a teacher Laurie probably knows that Friday was Dr Seuss' birthday.
Did Laurie do anything fun with her boys for that?

My kids and I made Cat in the Hat, Hats out of bananas and strawberries... strawberries and marshmallows.... red apples and mozzarella cheese...

Along with a couple other things... and I couldn't help thinking... "I wonder if Quincy, Oliver and Spencer are getting to do things like this?"

I can't imagine where they are or what they are doing. We've had 2 adults run away alone, who weren't able to hide this long. It makes no sense.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 04:58 PM

Early Wednesday morning, Collins said, he and May began arguing over her drinking and May’s phone calls to another person. After the argument, May woke the three kids, loaded them in her station wagon, and left, police said.

Collins initially thought May went to her mother’s house in Geneva to cool down. Instead, she apparently picked up a former student, 17-year-old Destiny Gruba of Cicero. Aurora police spokesman Dan Ferrelli said it is not clear what, if any relationship, there was between May and the 17-year-old. Collins said he had heard of Gruba, but was not aware May still had contact with her.

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/...-children.html

If they weren't arguing about calls to DG, who was the "other person"? I hope LE has found out who this "other person" was.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 07:33 PM

That's really vague... I wonder who the other person was too-- did he just know she was talking to someone else, but didn't know who it was exactly? Could have been Destiny if that's the case. I wish they would mention that it was someone other than Destiny, or that they were unaware of who the "other person" was. I strongly dislike vague reporting, arghhh....

Still can't believe I haven't seen anything on MSM... I know there have been reports, and I check the news pretty often, but still I've missed it. I still have this feeling that they went north -- no specific reason why --and I keep thinking of how you could hide extremely well up there. People would notice outsiders if they stayed longer than expected, but there are plenty of little motels, condo's, cabins, etc. that are completely off the radar. Plus, if you stay out of the touristy areas, you can find lodging and food fairly cheap. I'm sure I'm only thinking north becasue it is familiar to me. Just some random thoughts
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mgorules For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Early Wednesday morning, Collins said, he and May began arguing over her drinking and May’s phone calls to another person. After the argument, May woke the three kids, loaded them in her station wagon, and left, police said.

Collins initially thought May went to her mother’s house in Geneva to cool down. Instead, she apparently picked up a former student, 17-year-old Destiny Gruba of Cicero. Aurora police spokesman Dan Ferrelli said it is not clear what, if any relationship, there was between May and the 17-year-old. Collins said he had heard of Gruba, but was not aware May still had contact with her.

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/...-children.html

If they weren't arguing about calls to DG, who was the "other person"? I hope LE has found out who this "other person" was.
Good question.

I think it's possible, though, that SC didn't know the identity of the person. He may only have noticed that LM was spending a lot of time on the phone with "a friend." Or that there was something about the phone calls that made SC pick up on "something not quite right here..."

LM may have been deliberately trying to hide the relationship from SC; he may only have known whatever he could pick up from bits of overheard conversations. Which could be enough to trouble him but not enough to identify her.

To me, reading LM's FB page, his posts come across as hugely confused at first and then I get a feeling he started to put some clues together and his messages to LM changed a bit.

Or maybe this is my imagination.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread