Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin > George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads

Notices

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads All closed discussion threads about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.Not open for posting- but there is plenty of reading.

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:31 AM
WS Administrator

FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Please continue here.

Please remember the rules. Please post links where applicable. Also, please be careful with the discussion regarding potential drug use and or racist comments. We don't want to start rumors. The potential drug use has been raised in MSM, but it was the personal opinion of someone that just listened to the 911 tapes, so let's not carry it too far - it is discussable, but keep it in context please.

If you have questions or concerns, please PM a mod and they will give you a hand.

Thanks,

Salem

Thread 1

Thread 2

Media Thread

And please heed Ynot's warning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
Everyone, please. Calm down.

If posters can't discuss this case in a calm, reasoned, rational manner, then we will lock this thread to give everyone some time to get their wits about them.

Use your IMO/JMOs. Don't get dragged into a personal back-and-forth with someone who may not share your opinions. Don't get personal, and don't take it personal.

If a post fires you up, you don't need to respond to it. You have the choice to move on past it, or to alert responsibly if it violates TOS.

Where this post lands is random. The consequences for your posting decisions are not random; they will be based on your choices and WS rules.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Swiss Miss Searching

Thanks Salem...

I just can't wait to see and feel justice here....

And thanks for reminding everyone to keep respect for each other ....

Micci

and loving this
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MicciStella For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Former Member

Off to bed for the night but will be praying very hard that when I wake up in the morning I will see George Zimmerman in jail where he belongs and Police Chief Lee without a job.

God bless Trayvon's family, give them strength to make it through and see this to the end. While nothing will ever bring Trayvon back, I hope they are proud knowing that Trayvon's death is not in vain and that he has and will continue to make a difference.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Swiss Miss Searching

Just found this....
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...rs-randy-jones

"I take no pleasure in a public flogging of our police chief," McCarty said before a packed council chambers. "But he really should turn in his resignation."

I just hope he does...

Good night everyone

Micci

and loving this
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MicciStella For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 01:58 AM

I kinda expected to see a ton of post on this thread.

Why did this guy think he could shoot anyone...even if they were stealing..
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 02:13 AM

Was Fla. shooter a vigilante or good neighbor?

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read...6_UNEWS&page=1

Quote:
Zimmerman moved with his parents from Manassas, Va., to Florida about a decade ago. He lived with his parents in nearby Lake Mary for several years before moving to the Retreat at Twin Lakes, records show. He lives in the gated community with his wife, Shellie, a licensed cosmetologist, but is now in hiding because of death threats.

Zimmerman had taken classes at the local community college, but his work history was spotty. He worked at a pressure washing business and then at CarMax, the national used-car dealer, but left in 2008, according to court records. It was not immediately clear what he did for CarMax or what he has been doing since then.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader View Post
Was Fla. shooter a vigilante or good neighbor?

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read...6_UNEWS&page=1
He sounds like a zealous busybody with too much time on his hands. Probably knew all the cops in his area. But for some reason could not become one.
It looks like the "investigation" was just as extensive as the average fender bender since many witnesses were never ever contacted. And GZ explanation was accepted at face value. Wonder if the investigators hailed from Pinellas County. So many holes in GZ's story. Tray did not even have a knife. No weapon whatsoever except his fists.
And as a 17 year old black teenager, he was probably scared being followed by a big white dude. Would not be the first time that a black kid is targeted for some heinous torture/killing by some white supremacist(s).
I do hope they will get to the bottom of this. And if it peters out in Sanford with the Grand Jury thing, hopefully the Feds will take over.
It is very sad and frightening that a person without a badge can now make up their own justice , execute somebody and get away with it.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 AM

For me the bottom line is this, while I understand the SYG law, and I understand that GZ did not have a duty to attempt to flee if he was being threatened, SYG does NOT and never did mean that you can chase someone down, get in their grill, question them in a threatening manner, and when they react in a normal way by trying to defend themselves, you can then claim self defense....IMO that is just a corruption of law and Justice.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
For me the bottom line is this, while I understand the SYG law, and I understand that GZ did not have a duty to attempt to flee if he was being threatened, SYG does NOT and never did mean that you can chase someone down, get in their grill, question them in a threatening manner, and when they react in a normal way by trying to defend themselves, you can then claim self defense....IMO that is just a corruption of law and Justice.
I do not understand why they have that law. Self defense was always valid argument and defense before this law. The whole SYG law sounds like a bad American Cowboy moment. Being attacked in your house is one thing but this SYG is like a license to kill for non LE people. Judge, jury and executioner all rolled into one. What is wrong with running away as a viable option? Or avoid confrontation..
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 AM

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...o-police-chief

Trayvon Martin supporters urged to send Skittles to police chief

BTW, Tray's petition is up to 985,000 signatures.

http://www.change.org/petitions/pros...e=action_alert

Numbers,32:23
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Doer of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...o-police-chief

Trayvon Martin supporters urged to send Skittles to police chief

BTW, Tray's petition is up to 985,000 signatures.

http://www.change.org/petitions/pros...e=action_alert
Most excellent on both counts.

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
=======================================

Forum: Jury Room
Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
I kinda expected to see a ton of post on this thread.

Why did this guy think he could shoot anyone...even if they were stealing..
Back up a page and scroll up and down, you'll notice this is the "3rd" thread about this subject, the first 2 had to be closed because they went on too long. We are coming up on about 2000 responses to this topic, welcome to the party!!!

I posted last night, just before the end of #2 got closed, you guys have to watch Anderson Coooper. Listen to the interview with the two witnesses at thet scene who found GZ "strandling" Trayvon. Listen to the 911 call that was enhanced by CNN, and its clear as day what GZ says, regarding Trayvon. You cant' say what he said, stalk an innocent person, pinn that person to the ground, and then yell "self defense."
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Rob774 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 07:52 AM

Just finished watching video of the vigils held last night. I'm so proud that they were peaceful and there were no confrontations. The SYG laws frighten me, especially the one in Florida which extends the right to SYG outside of protecting one's home.

I am also pleased with the no-confidence vote in Sanford.

Finally, I'm pleased that Mr. & Mrs. GZ are in hiding, in fear for their lives as it is so ironic. They are getting a taste of what GZ has done to others. I still remember the interview with the neighbor who said he didn't feel safe walking in his own neighborhood due to GZ.

However, I am being very patient, waiting for a PROPER investigation and presentation to a Grand Jury to wrap it up with a bow. I don't want this new investigation to be as slipshod as Lee's.

If the Florida law stands up and he is not presented to a jury, I know the Feds will pick it up from there. Under Federal Laws, one can't deprive a fellow human being of his/her human rights.

Prayers for Trayvon, his family and friends, and for true justice.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 08:22 AM
These boys are my heartstrings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
Just finished watching video of the vigils held last night. I'm so proud that they were peaceful and there were no confrontations. The SYG laws frighten me, especially the one in Florida which extends the right to SYG outside of protecting one's home.

I am also pleased with the no-confidence vote in Sanford.

Finally, I'm pleased that Mr. & Mrs. GZ are in hiding, in fear for their lives as it is so ironic. They are getting a taste of what GZ has done to others. I still remember the interview with the neighbor who said he didn't feel safe walking in his own neighborhood due to GZ.

However, I am being very patient, waiting for a PROPER investigation and presentation to a Grand Jury to wrap it up with a bow. I don't want this new investigation to be as slipshod as Lee's.

If the Florida law stands up and he is not presented to a jury, I know the Feds will pick it up from there. Under Federal Laws, one can't deprive a fellow human being of his/her human rights.

Prayers for Trayvon, his family and friends, and for true justice.
Beautifully stated! If Trayvon's family can remain peaceful and patient as they await justice, the least i can do is follow their example.

God Bless the family and friends of Trayvon.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 AM

I know this was also discussed yesterday, but i didn't see it myself until Anderson Cooper last night. This "friend" of Zimmerman, who calls himself defending him. Frank Taafe, says "This is a perfect storm, a neighborhood that has crimes down by blacks..." So IMO, that translates into.. Zimmerman had a green light to stop anyone of darker epidermal hue, who he deemed ... suspciious.

Also i know this was brought up earlier on this board as well. I have to think about if Zimmerman was drinking. Why? Does a sane or sober person have the presence of mind to say what said on a 911??? I mean, he studies law, he knows that stuff is recorded, so why would he say that?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Doer of Things

I think it has now been made crystal clear just how incompetent Sanford PD is. Either that or they are in collusion with GZ. So glad to see the no confidence in Lee. I certainly wouldn't want him in my town.

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
=======================================

Forum: Jury Room
Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 AM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...march-new-york

Quote:
On Wednesday night, demonstrators chanted "We want arrests!" during the Million Hoodie March in Union Square in Manhattan.

Trayvon's mother, Sybrina Fulton, told the crowd: "My heart is in pain, but to see the support of all of you really makes a difference."

The case has sparked anger against the police department of the Orlando suburb of 53,500 people, prompting rallies and a protest in Governor Rick Scott's office on Tuesday. The Justice Department's Civil Rights Division said it was sending its community relations service to Sanford this week to "address tension in the community".
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fluttershy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 09:05 AM

http://www.andersoncooper.com/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Just 1 tip to find a killer

Trayvon Martin was murdered plain and simple to me!
Zimmerman had NO RIGHT to even have a gun pointed at a young person.
NO RIGHT at all. MOO
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 09:12 AM

Some pictures from the march in New York

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gall...=ILCNETTXT3487

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Fluttershy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Former Member

NAACP reacts to Fla. teen's slaying..

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...teen-s-slaying
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 AM

I am watching Anderson cooper right now and am in tears. Trayvon's mom says that she can hear her baby screaming for help in her head over and over. She keeps going back and forth in refererring to him in past and present tense.

Mary Cutcher is on right now...says it sounded like a young kid whining....GZ was staddling TM and had his hands on t's back......says there is no difference in what she told police then and now....police have tried to discredit her .Sabrina is now thanking MC for coming forward.

This is hard to watch but informative.

MOO wm

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 09:23 AM

The Rev. Al Sharpton, slated to be in Sanford this evening at a rally for slain teenager Trayvon Martin, tweeted this morning that his mother died but he will make the Central Florida appearance.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...on-al-sharpton
Old 03-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Former Member

I can't help but wonder how Zimmerman must feel knowing that he is a pariah in not only his town or state but the entire country? I hope he never has another moment of peace in his life. I hope that Trayvon's murder haunts him forever. Lock him up now!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
I am watching Anderson cooper right now and am in tears. Trayvon's mom says that she can hear her baby screaming for help in her head over and over. She keeps going back and forth in refererring to him in past and present tense.

Mary Cutcher is on right now...says it sounded like a young kid whining....GZ was staddling TM and had his hands on t's back......says there is no difference in what she told police then and now....police have tried to discredit her .Sabrina is now thanking MC for coming forward.

This is hard to watch but informative.

MOO wm
I can't even imagine how she feels. I can't get his screams out of my head either and I wish that I hadn't listened to the 911 calls. Just imagine how scared he was, knowing how close he was to where his daddy was and how he couldn't make it to him. I hope Zimmerman burns in hell for what he has done.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread