Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hailey Dunn

Notices

Hailey Dunn Hailey went missing from Colorado City, Texas on Dec. 27, 2010 and her remains were found March of 2013 in Scurry County, Texas.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:28 AM
grandmaj grandmaj is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 43,448
Proximity of Human Remains to Shawn Adkins family home

Here is a thread to discuss the proximity of human remains to the family home of Shawn Adkins.

Please sleuth the location in this thread, and discuss your opinions about this location being so close to where Shawn stated he went on the day Hailey was reported missing.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to grandmaj For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:27 AM
sreshowtime's Avatar
sreshowtime sreshowtime is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,354


rebel that I am, having a hard time with this...if indeed dear Hailey...
I question duration of time these remains have been in that specific position/location.
Set up? Stupidity? Sheer brilliance? hmmm...
Frustrated? hmm, well, yeah, sumpin's off, can't put finger on it
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Chili Fries Chili Fries is offline
Man Sleuth
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rural Alabama
Posts: 2,489
Here's a map:


It's very close...about 2 miles driving distance. Might be familiar territory for somebody who grew up in the area (I'm not sure how long his mom has lived there).
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:38 AM
dog.gone.cute's Avatar
dog.gone.cute dog.gone.cute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 7,368


It's just "too close" to SA's "family home" to be a "coincidence" ...

IF these remains are Hailey's, there is absolutely NO doubt WHO buried her there ...

__________________
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Peliman's Avatar
Peliman Peliman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,891
I'm going to say the location is just one more notch in the circumstantial case released so far.
  #6  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:49 AM
teddiebear1955's Avatar
teddiebear1955 teddiebear1955 is offline
teddiebear hugs & kisses
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: texas
Posts: 168
So how far away from Hailey's home in CCity to where the remains were found?

I really believe she was buried there during the night...then next morning was all about covering up,cleaning up.
__________________
ACTIONS SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS.......... JMO
ya can't fix stupid JMO
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to teddiebear1955 For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 03-22-2012, 04:21 PM
MsFacetious's Avatar
MsFacetious MsFacetious is online now
What a Kerfuffle...
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddiebear1955 View Post
So how far away from Hailey's home in CCity to where the remains were found?

I really believe she was buried there during the night...then next morning was all about covering up,cleaning up.
My understanding is 40 miles from where Billie and Clint lived at the time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 03-22-2012, 04:33 PM
ozazure's Avatar
ozazure ozazure is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 985
I think he was familiar with this area. I imagine it may have been somewhere quiet he hung out with friends while drinking or doing drugs, it's the city limits. He may have been fairly confident he could drive in there and dig a hole, perhaps concealed behind his vehicle from any likely vantage point. He likely was drug affected further suppressing normal inhibitions and fears. He may have been flying high having finally realised his violent fantasies or so panicked he had to act quick, but what he wasn't, was a cool operator, level headed. The 11 calls suggest to me he was panicked and unsure.

So many murderers of family members seem to dispose of the bodies nearby. I guess it could be simple stupidity, but I wonder what the decision process is like? I imagine a lack of resources - time, transport, equipment to conceal the body, and then fear - of being discovered enroute, of what they've done, what they have to do next, means getting the job done quickly with as many variables controlled as possible. One of those variables being having an idea of where you are putting them and what that might involve. I think a degree of laziness comes into it and so if they are the sort of person who has had their indiscretions indulged and glossed over all their lives, they may know intellectually they will be suspected but emotionally they have lots of practise being too slippery to get caught. Mediocre but successful lies all their life, mediocre cover-up.

If part of the crime was to do with sexual sadism, or that he "loved her with all (his) heart" and some sick dynamic Hailey was trapped in between the two of them, he may want her close by for his reasons. Billie may want her close by. Billie has couched Hailey in terms of belonging to her enough times that she does have some aspect of maternal feeling even if the most base.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ozazure For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Curious Me's Avatar
Curious Me Curious Me is offline
Registered User of Time
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,288
Thank You for the map, Chili Fries. The proximity to SA's family can't be overlooked. Hope the Jurors will get to take that short drive. Hailey went missing some 40 miles from there. How "odd" if she ended up in SA's family's neighborhood where he said he was. He must really think people are as stupid as ...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:41 PM
katydid23's Avatar
katydid23 katydid23 is online now
Verified Juanette
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozazure View Post
I think he was familiar with this area. I imagine it may have been somewhere quiet he hung out with friends while drinking or doing drugs, it's the city limits. He may have been fairly confident he could drive in there and dig a hole, perhaps concealed behind his vehicle from any likely vantage point. He likely was drug affected further suppressing normal inhibitions and fears. He may have been flying high having finally realised his violent fantasies or so panicked he had to act quick, but what he wasn't, was a cool operator, level headed. The 11 calls suggest to me he was panicked and unsure.

So many murderers of family members seem to dispose of the bodies nearby. I guess it could be simple stupidity, but I wonder what the decision process is like? I imagine a lack of resources - time, transport, equipment to conceal the body, and then fear - of being discovered enroute, of what they've done, what they have to do next, means getting the job done quickly with as many variables controlled as possible. One of those variables being having an idea of where you are putting them and what that might involve. I think a degree of laziness comes into it and so if they are the sort of person who has had their indiscretions indulged and glossed over all their lives, they may know intellectually they will be suspected but emotionally they have lots of practise being too slippery to get caught. Mediocre but successful lies all their life, mediocre cover-up.

If part of the crime was to do with sexual sadism, or that he "loved her with all (his) heart" and some sick dynamic Hailey was trapped in between the two of them, he may want her close by for his reasons. Billie may want her close by. Billie has couched Hailey in terms of belonging to her enough times that she does have some aspect of maternal feeling even if the most base.
__________________
“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:45 PM
katydid23's Avatar
katydid23 katydid23 is online now
Verified Juanette
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
Thank You for the map, Chili Fries. The proximity to SA's family can't be overlooked. Hope the Jurors will get to take that short drive. Hailey went missing some 40 miles from there. How "odd" if she ended up in SA's family's neighborhood where he said he was. He must really think people are as stupid as ...
My dad was a defense attorney. So I tend to think of what he would have said about this situation. I bet SA'a defense is going to be that he was FRAMED by somebody. "Why would I be so dumb as to bury her so close to my mom's house? "

umm... because you are dumb?
__________________
“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Curious Me's Avatar
Curious Me Curious Me is offline
Registered User of Time
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
My dad was a defense attorney. So I tend to think of what he would have said about this situation. I bet SA'a defense is going to be that he was FRAMED by somebody. "Why would I be so dumb as to bury her so close to my mom's house? "

umm... because you are dumb?
Yeah, well, whoever framed him knew SA would quit his job that exact day and be hanging around that area that day. The coincidences added up make it hard to believe someone framed him. Wouldn't you agree?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 03-22-2012, 07:00 PM
katydid23's Avatar
katydid23 katydid23 is online now
Verified Juanette
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
Yeah, well, whoever framed him knew SA would quit his job that exact day and be hanging around that area that day. The coincidences added up make it hard to believe someone framed him. Wouldn't you agree?
yep, but he would say the body was moved there after the cell pings came out. As for quitting the job that day, that MAY bring Shawn down in the end. There is little explanation for that, imo. Luckily.
__________________
“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 03-22-2012, 07:00 PM
txsvicki's Avatar
txsvicki txsvicki is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 14,090
They've already tried to blame someone else for putting child porn on his mom's computer which is 2 miles away from where this body was found. We can expect more of the same from him and BD probably if the body is Haylie. To me, the body being found so close may not show premeditation unless the killer thought that abduction off the street would just automatically be accepted, or run away.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
TGIRecovered's Avatar
TGIRecovered TGIRecovered is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,394
If I put myself in Shawn's world,(ughk!) I can see having Hailey near his Mom's home so he could keep an eye on her. If he killed her without Billy knowing and had to get rid of her quickly, this place is familiar, and there doesn't seem to be wildlife roaming around the fenced in area to dig her up.

Maybe there were more piles of crushed limestone there at the time, so he might not have been visible from the road when he buried her there. It was the week between Christmas and New Year, so the whole place may have been closed for business for a few days.

At the time Hailey disappeared, the business was American Limestone. They must have had heavy equipment there. Maybe he even found the keys and used it to move limestone on top of the shallow grave. That would explain why the body was not found sooner as well as the lack of complete skeletonization. By the time the Limestone business sold and the tanks were moved in, the whole region was in the worst drought since the 1950's.

I think that Shawn was scared and he ran straight to his comfort zone. I previously thought that Hailey was probably deep in some fracking hole or even on his family's land. This place makes more sense. It is close-by, familiar, and on someone else's property. Just like Casey's pet cemetary.

One more thing- Shawn is lazy. Why dig a deep grave in the dirt when you can use a front-loader to pile a bunch of caliche on top instead?

Okay, two more- I wonder if any of his slasher videos were made there? Maybe the video where they were stoned in the old boat? Hmmm...

Just my opinion, pending further investigation!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Curious Me's Avatar
Curious Me Curious Me is offline
Registered User of Time
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,288
Did he leave the car looking like he was fixing a flat while he dug that hole? Was there a hole dug there already perhaps?

I realize this location was fairly quiet that week due to the holiday season, but still you couldn't bet on a random employee around or some maintenance person. Using equipment in a place you don't belong would be taking additional chances, but then whoever dug a hole to place a body in decided on that place for some reason. They knew that area well enough, for sure. I think it would take an arrogant person like SA to choose that spot, especially in a neighborhood where people might recognize you. I keep trying to imagine what he would say if someone came upon him digging a hole out there.

It is almost impossible for me to imagine some stranger or even someone wanting to frame SA picking that location after kidnapping Hailey from 40 miles away on the same day SA decided to quit his job and then lie about to Billie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Soulmagent Soulmagent is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,084
Here is the link Dr fessel posted in the other thread about the the land and ownership of the property.

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=33445

Comments included.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 03-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Tugela Tugela is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
Yeah, well, whoever framed him knew SA would quit his job that exact day and be hanging around that area that day. The coincidences added up make it hard to believe someone framed him. Wouldn't you agree?
If the body was moved there later it wouldn't have been too hard to do, because the details of SA's movements were all over the net. The slip up of course is that the witness accounts/text message and other things that placed HD in CC while SA was in Big Spring would exclude him. I'm sure that if they charged him based on what we know today, the defence team would immediately bring that up and it would be hard for the prosecution to refute that in the absence of something to the contary.

So unless they come up with something else, the focus would shift to what happened after HD left home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 03-23-2012, 04:49 AM
Curious Me's Avatar
Curious Me Curious Me is offline
Registered User of Time
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,288
I got the feeling all those eye witness reports didn't carry much weight once LE checked them out. The text message, I believe, was placed once SA got back to CC. If I have it wrong, I apologize.

Someone moved the body? Oh dear, here we go again. It sounds like a familiar angle for the Defense.
  #20  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Soulmagent Soulmagent is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
I got the feeling all those eye witness reports didn't carry much weight once LE checked them out. The text message, I believe, was placed once SA got back to CC. If I have it wrong, I apologize.

Someone moved the body? Oh dear, here we go again. It sounds like a familiar angle for the Defense.
I believe this to be incorrect or not MSM sourced. I was looking for a specific link that quoted an offical saying something to the effect that Billie's phone pinged off the tower in would be pinging from ,from the Hailey's home all day. I cannot find the link but will keep looking for it.

I believe that was the only MSM confirmed thing about phone location and pinging we have ever gotton. Then one confirmed text arround 2 pm. They have been to quiet about Billie's phone and I believe it is more to do with it not inplicating SA then implicating him. LE is sticking with the 315 last time seen for Hailey Dunn for a reason and I personaly believe because they have to be locked into that time for some reason.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 03-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Curious Me's Avatar
Curious Me Curious Me is offline
Registered User of Time
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,288
The remains were not Hailey. I don't like that I started assuming so much because it was so close to SA's family home. This is a lesson for me - do not act on only assumptions. My apologizes. I guess sometimes it may not be the guy wearing the killer mask or the hoodie. It's crucial to get all the solid facts first before doing or saying anything.

(But I still don't trust SA.)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 03-23-2012, 11:39 PM
StrayKat StrayKat is offline
Meowww
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,108
The location where they found the body is not that close to his mother's house. Just in the same town. Paul Harvey once called Big Springs "Little Chicago", etc... MOO!
The Following User Says Thank You to StrayKat For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 03-26-2012, 09:24 AM
passionflower's Avatar
passionflower passionflower is offline
Just 1 tip to find a killer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: STEELER COUNTRY!
Posts: 24,258
Little Chicago interesting statement. above post)
I hope FBI checks this area out VERY CAREFULLY.
There may be more graves.

Who ever put the victims there.
I am thinking of long island burial.........many people
__________________
Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
Justice for Hailey!!!!
No Justice for Caylee Marie..........
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shawn Adkins Attorney makes written statement grandmaj Hailey Dunn 95 03-25-2011 01:28 PM
Billie Dunn Says She Has Protective Order against Shawn Adkins tehcloser Hailey Dunn 365 03-20-2011 12:13 AM
3/10/2011 - Shawn Adkins to be back on Bring them Home Thursday! Gardenlady Hailey Dunn 69 03-10-2011 07:11 PM
Bring Them Home Now EXCLUSIVE SHAWN ADKINS SPEAKS OUT March 3rd 2011 peeples Hailey Dunn 930 03-07-2011 08:35 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!