Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin > George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads

Notices

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads All closed discussion threads about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.Not open for posting- but there is plenty of reading.

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 01:40 AM

Why would SPD wait almost 5 whole days (and week days at that) to call that phone? 5 days. I read somewhere about the phone being locked - can you still call 911 from a locked phone? So they called 911 to see what that phone's number was. And then, called it back to see if they could answer it? Why call it twice?

But more importantly why wait 5 whole days?????? Wait, by that Friday Trayvon's parents knew. Common sense says they would have asked about his phone - FIVE WHOLE DAYS????

And we still have no confirmation on where this phone is - physically - today. Its not listed as evidence on the police report. The parents say they don't have it. Now we find out that SPD has at least called it - 5 whole days AFTER the shooting.

Something ain't fittin'

It ain't fittin', it ain't fittin'
It just ain't fittin'

JMHO
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyBlanche View Post
I must have missed something. Where was the March 2 date of the call reported?

TIA.
In this video.

http://njuice.com/trayvon-martins-la...nts-girlfriend
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
Where is that phone now? Is it missing? Could SPD have been looking for it and calling it to see where it pings?
We've been asking where his phone has been forever! All we know is that police claim that his parents wouldn't give them permission to access the phone logs and Trayvon's parents said that they don't even have the phone, that LE has it?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
We're looking at a phone log that we believe is Trayvon's and 911 was called on March 2nd. Five days after he was deceased.
Many thanks--where are you looking at it? As I said, I think I missed something.

"Mr. Allen's resort to the typical 'scorned woman' defense is an injudicious attempt to to divert attention from his failure to act as a responsible parent and adult."

--Judge Elliott Wilk, June 7, 1993
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IzzyBlanche For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curl_in_progress View Post
So then it sounds it was the police calling 911 to figure out the number of the phone. Maybe they just called the number back to make sure the cell phone would ring.
Or make sure the phone was in service since you can call 911 from a phone without service. Can't figure out why they called it back twice though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
Why would SPD wait almost 5 whole days (and week days at that) to call that phone? 5 days. I read somewhere about the phone being locked - can you still call 911 from a locked phone? So they called 911 to see what that phone's number was. And then, called it back to see if they could answer it? Why call it twice?

But more importantly why wait 5 whole days?????? Wait, by that Friday Trayvon's parents knew. Common sense says they would have asked about his phone - FIVE WHOLE DAYS????

And we still have no confirmation on where this phone is - physically - today. Its not listed as evidence on the police report. The parents say they don't have it. Now we find out that SPD has at least called it - 5 whole days AFTER the shooting.

Something ain't fittin'

It just ain't fittin'

JMHO
Hattie McDaniel!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:45 AM

Well, at least we know now that that reporter we saw earlier is completely wrong - Trayvon didn't call 911. Media and their mis-information.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Well, at least we know now that that reporter we saw earlier is completely wrong - Trayvon didn't call 911. Media and their mis-information.
Wish they would issue not only an apology, but an explanation too! How awful to report something like that. Hope Tray's family didn't see that and get their hopes up.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
Or make sure the phone was in service since you can call 911 from a phone without service. Can't figure out why they called it back twice though.
But why wait 5 days? Surely by then Trayvon's parents had asked for that phone - or where it was - or if it was found with him - or or or something. I know if it had been my child - I certainly would have. 5 days?

Wait, hold up......

Wouldn't Trayvon's dad have called that number when he started looking for him? I know I would try my child's cell first thing if they had been gone longer than they were supposed to have been.

If a phone was off - would an incoming call have been logged? What about broken? Or the battery fell out?

I don't know anymore - I can't get past the five whole days.

JMHO
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:51 AM

For the life of me I cannot understand the way the police handled this! Even apparant suicides are investigated before the case is closed. You're telling me they took George Zimmerman at his word that HE was the VICTIM and let him walk away after shooting Trayvon? I must've missed something - that can't be it. God.

Last edited by Nali87; 03-24-2012 at 02:25 AM.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Nali87 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
and yet again, I would like to post the article where Wendy Dorival, the liaison between the watch groups and the police department, is discussing the roles of Zimmerman and the neighborhood watch program.

She states that she met with Zimmerman and his group in August 2011 and provided them information regarding the program.

1. In every presentation, “I go through what the rules and responsibilities are,” she said Thursday. The volunteers’ role, she said, is “being the eyes and ears” for the police, “not the vigilante.” Members of a neighborhood watch “are not supposed to confront anyone,” she said. “We get paid to get into harm’s way. You don’t do that. You just call them from the safety of your home or your vehicle.”
Using a gun in the neighborhood watch role would be out of the question, she said in an interview.

2. In Sanford, she said, watch groups are not even supposed to make the rounds. That is the job of another kind of volunteer organization, Citizens on Patrol, whose members are selected and trained by the police and who drive the streets in a specially marked vehicle. Members of that group, Ms. Dorival said, “are armed only with a radio.”

3. The manual warns that watch members should “not attempt to apprehend a person committing a crime or to investigate a suspicious activity.” It should be emphasized to members of patrols, the materials state, that “they do not possess police power and they shall not carry weapons.” The consequences of not following the guidelines are severe, the manual states: “Each member is liable as an individual for civil and criminal charges should he exceed his authority.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T21dIRH2b2Y
In case there is any confusion here, I have never disagreed with any of your posts. And to re-post what I said on the closed thread, in light of the information you have posted, both GZ and his pal FT were disobeying the rules:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...he-same-thing/

"Mr. Allen's resort to the typical 'scorned woman' defense is an injudicious attempt to to divert attention from his failure to act as a responsible parent and adult."

--Judge Elliott Wilk, June 7, 1993
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IzzyBlanche For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:53 AM

Quote:

Something ain't fittin'

It just ain't fittin'

JMHO
Let's say the phone was found in the bushes of one of the yards 5 days after the shooting. The person finds it and thinks it might be important and calls 911 with it and tells them their addy and says they found this phone and it is locked and they can't get into the phone book. 911 gives them a number to call the police or told them to bring it in and hung up. Then something soaks into the 911 operators brain about that number, maybe it is a mystery number from the shooting night that called 911 but did not say who it was and heard a fight. So 911 calls back and says don't do anything we are sending a cop to get it now.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:54 AM
Child Advocate and Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
Is it the top article? I see 2/26?
The Following User Says Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
But why wait 5 days? Surely by then Trayvon's parents had asked for that phone - or where it was - or if it was found with him - or or or something. I know if it had been my child - I certainly would have. 5 days?

Wait, hold up......

Wouldn't Trayvon's dad have called that number when he started looking for him? I know I would try my child's cell first thing if they had been gone longer than they were supposed to have been.

If a phone was off - would an incoming call have been logged? What about broken? Or the battery fell out?

I don't know anymore - I can't get past the five whole days.

JMHO
It just further proves to me that the Sanford PD were in no rush to do any real investigating in this case. Maybe they were waiting for Tray's drug and alcohol results to come back positive and when that (I assume) came back negative, they wanted to see the contents of the phone to look elsewhere for dirt on Tray.

Just my opinion.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to curl_in_progress For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:58 AM

Quote:
That's right! Disregard part of my post above. LOL LOL
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nali87 View Post
For the life of me I cannot understand the way the police handled this! Even apparant suicides are investigated because the case is close. You're telling me they took George Zimmerman at his word that HE was the VICTIM and let him walk away after shooting Trayvon? I must've missed something - that can't be it. God.
http://www.sanfordfl.gov/frames/home_frames.html

For your convenience, the 911 call:
911 call 4:11
GZ: Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there's this real suspicious guy retreat view circle, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drugs or something -- he's just walking around, looking about..
Dispatcher: ... and this guy's white, black, or hispanic?
GZ: He looks black..
Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?
GZ: Yeah, a dark hoodie, like a gray hoodie and either jeans or sweat pants and white tennis shoes. (unintelligible)..he's just staring
Dispatcher: Oh, he's just walking around the area?
GZ: Looking at all the houses
Dispathcher: oh ok
GZ: He's just staring at me.
Dispatcher: Ok you said it is 1111 (Patridge?) or 111?
GZ: That's the club house
Dispatcher: He's near the club house right now?
GZ: Yeah, now he's coming towards me
Dispatcher: Ok
GZ: He's got his hand in his waistband. Yeah, he's a black male
Dispatcher: Ok, how old would you say he is
GZ: He's got a button on his shirt
He's late teens
Dispatcher: Late teens, ok
GZ: Something's wrong with him. Yep, he's coming to check me out. He's got something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is.
Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything, ok
GZ: Just get an officer over him
Dispatcher: We've got them on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else.
GZ: Ok
Pause
GZ: These a-holes, they always get away. Yep, when you come to the club house you come straight in and make a left ... actually, you would go past the club house.
Dispatcher: Oh, you say it's on the left hand side from the club house?
GZ: No, you go in, straight through the entrance and then you make a left, ummm, yeah you go straight in, don't turn and make a left. Ship, he's running.
Dispatcher: He's running, which way is he running?
GZ: Down towards the other entrance of the neighborhood.
Dispatcher: Ok, which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
GZ: The back entrance.
***Here is where the unclear slur is said to be uttered***
Dispatcher: Are you following him?
GZ: Yeah
Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.
GZ: Ok
Dispatcher: Alright sir, what is your name?
GZ: George, he ran...
Dispatcher: Alright George, what's your last name?
GZ: Zimmerman
Dispatcher: What's the phone number you're calling from?
GZ: Gives number
Dispatcher: Alright George, we do have them on the way, did you want to meet with the officers when they get out there?
Dispatcher: Alright, where you gonna meet with them at?
GZ: Umm, if they come in through the, uh, street past the club house, straight past the club house, and then they go past the mailboxes, they'll see my truck
Dispatcher: What address are you parked in front of?
GZ: Umm, I don't know, it's a cut-through so I don't know the address.
Dispatcher: Do you live in the area?
Dispatcher: What's your apartment number?
GZ: It's a home (gives incomplete address) - ah crap, I don't want to get the he** out, I don't know where this kid is
Dispatcher: Ok, do you just want to meet with them right near the mailboxes?
GZ: Yeah, that's fine.
Dispatcher: Alright George, I'll let them know to meet you out there, ok?
GZ: Could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?
Dispatcher: Ok, yeah, that's no problem
GZ: Do you need my number or you got it?
Dispatcher: Yeah, I've got it (repeats number)
GZ: Yeah, you got it
Dipatcher: Ok, no problem, I'll let 'em know to call you when they are there, yeah?
GZ: Thanks
Dispatcher: You're welcome

For forty five seconds, and no way of knowing how long before the witness called, you can hear yelling in the background of the witness 911 call here: http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/911/call3.wav
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 02:02 AM
Verified Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyBlanche View Post
Replying to this post from Ironhorse from locked thread:

Well unlike you with all due respect I'm not convinced Mr. Martin is a victim per se. Is he a victim in the sense he passed away in a mysterious yet tragic incident of that I have no doubt. Which is exactly why I attended the rally at Fort Mellon park and gave a donation. But lets put aside my generosity and focus on the case at hand:

I feel in the end this may well be something far less than what many have tired to make it out to be... Mr. Zimmerman goes to question an unknown individual and that individual chooses to hide his face and evade him. Meanwhile Mr. Martin unfamiliar with the neighborhood sees a stranger staring at him and feels uncomfortable pulls his hoodie up and begins to walk briskly away...From this point it seems like a twist of tragic errors on both parties fault lead to an incident, that could have easily been avoided. As a result of those missteps Mr. Martin lost his life and that's saddening.

BBM

What right did Mr. Zimmerman have to question Mr. Martin?

And why would it be wrong for someone having a total stranger questioning him choose to try to evade that person?
Right. Not only that, but what 17 year old kid would not try to evade a large, strange man, following him at night? As I've stated before, we teach our kids never to let a stranger approach them in such a situation, let alone question them.

By the way, you can wrap quote tags around the post you are cutting and pasting from a locked thread to avoid confusion!!! Just highlight the selected text and hit the icon that looks like a cartoon quote thing, which is in between the hash sign and the picture icon.

I am really cell phone ignorant. How do these earbuds work and where is the microphone?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

I'm lost, lol

Are we sure that these are Trayvon's phone records and not his girfriends?

In the video at around 1:13, it says that police have her records and her phone number but they never called. Are they referring to these records?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
We've been asking where his phone has been forever! All we know is that police claim that his parents wouldn't give them permission to access the phone logs and Trayvon's parents said that they don't even have the phone, that LE has it?
Why on earth wouldn't they give their permission to access his phone logs?? I'm sure they will get them now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Let's say the phone was found in the bushes of one of the yards 5 days after the shooting. The person finds it and thinks it might be important and calls 911 with it and tells them their addy and says they found this phone and it is locked and they can't get into the phone book. 911 gives them a number to call the police or told them to bring it in and hung up. Then something soaks into the 911 operators brain about that number, maybe it is a mystery number from the shooting night that called 911 but did not say who it was and heard a fight. So 911 calls back and says don't do anything we are sending a cop to get it now.
Ok - I'll play.......

IF the phone was found in the bushes - then how did it get there? Did Trayvon throw it right before he was shot? Or, did GZ find it before LE got there and threw it away?

IIRC Crump (Trayvon's parents' lawyer) said that his dad finally got the phone records on Sunday night - would that have been Sunday 3/4? And did he finally go that route because he had asked for the physical phone and SPD told him they didn't have it?

I'm telling ya - there is something up with this phone. There are way too many simple generic questions (like where is it) that are not even being brought up.

JMHO
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
I am really cell phone ignorant. How do these earbuds work and where is the microphone?
haha Doc <3 The earbuds are just mini head phones and the microphone is built into the thin cord from the headphones to the phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalia View Post
I'm lost, lol

Are we sure that these are Trayvon's phone records and not his girfriends?

In the video at around 1:13, it says that police have her records and her phone number but they never called. Are they referring to these records?
That phone dials 911 and the SPD calls it back 2 minutes later.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
haha Doc <3 The earbuds are just mini head phones and the microphone is built into the thin cord from the headphones to the phone.
LOL LOL Great! I just sent my first text the other day.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curl_in_progress View Post
It just further proves to me that the Sanford PD were in no rush to do any real investigating in this case. Maybe they were waiting for Tray's drug and alcohol results to come back positive and when that (I assume) came back negative, they wanted to see the contents of the phone to look elsewhere for dirt on Tray.

Just my opinion.
If you ask me they didn't want to do any investigation. In fact they did everything to make sure that any future investigation would be hampered. They didn't take Zimmerman's clothes, they didn't try to identify the victim immediately, they sent a narcotics detective to interview Zimmerman not a homicide detective, I wonder if they even took crime scene photos. They just took Zimmerman's word for gospel and called it a day.
Closed Thread