Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:05 PM
A diamond in process

Chaos at Oakland religious school as gunman opened fire is recalled
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...hooting-1.html

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
The Following User Says Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 08:08 PM
A diamond in process

A former nursing student who opened fire in a small Christian university Monday morning, killing seven and wounding three more, first told his former classmates to line up against a wall before pulling a handgun and sending students fleeing in panic, a witness said.
http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stori...g-east-oakland

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
Old 04-03-2012, 07:29 PM

Police Chief: Disgruntled student planned school massacre

7:37 a.m. Tuesday, April 3, 2012

KTVU And Wires

OAKLAND, Calif. —

A disgruntled ex-student strolled the halls of a small private university – “systematically and randomly shooting victims” -- in a “premeditated” killing spree fueled by anger over his expulsion from the school and the way he was treated by fellow students, the Oakland police chief said Tuesday.

One L. Goh, 43, was in custody Tuesday morning in the wake of a shooting at Oikos University, a small Christian university located near Oakland International Airport, that had left seven people dead and three wounded.

In a pre-dawn press conference, police chief Howard Jordan said Goh was upset with administers at the school and the way some students treated him. At least one witness told KTVU on Monday that Goh had been bullied by students.

more...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

Oikos officials remember victims of mass shooting
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-...hooting/nMWcW/

Killed were Lydia Sim, 21, Sonam Choedon, 33, Grace Kim, 23, Doris Chibuko, 40, Judith Seymour, 53, Tshering Bhutia, 38, and Katleen Ping, 24. Three other students were wounded in the shooting.

Very tragic.

HMS Hood
Mighty Hood
Pennant Number: 51
Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941
Old 01-07-2013, 06:13 PM
chien méchant

Judge: Man in school shooting not fit for trial (AP)
Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 PM

Judge: Oikos Shooter Not Competent to Stand Trial
By Kim Tere | Monday, Jan 7, 2013 | Updated 3:01 PM PST

An Alameda County court judge on Monday ruled that the Oikos shooter, who killed seven people and wounded three others in a shooting rampage at an Oakland university last year, is not competent to stand trial.

Judge Carrie Panetta ruled that One Goh will be sent to a mental institution until he is deemed competent to stand trial, which has an indefinite and unknown date.

He was ordered back to court on Jan. 15 to determine which institution he will go to. Usually, that is a facility in Napa. Every 90 days, his progress report will be reviewed.

More...

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...185941662.html