Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin > George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads

Notices

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads All closed discussion threads about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.Not open for posting- but there is plenty of reading.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #676  
Old 04-07-2012, 12:50 AM
RANCH's Avatar
RANCH RANCH is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 5,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
Yes! They better hope they didn't do that! But everything being pulled from the Sanford site... does make me wonder? I think Sanford PD is in deep "doo doo" and that even if they can never bring charges against Zimmerman because of the Sanford PD... heads are gonna roll.

MOO
Sanford pulling that information from their site didn't make it disappear from the internet. It's all still out there.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:
  #677  
Old 04-07-2012, 12:54 AM
vlpate's Avatar
vlpate vlpate is offline
Child Advocate and Activist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
Are you sure he meant the SA investigators and not the SPD investigators who were originally on the case? What's the point in bringing out a special investigator if they are just going to blow her off?

MOO
I surely do not know. I was cooking and watching - he could have meant the initial investigation. I just assume that a witness they feel is this important should talk to the SA investigators instead of Ashleigh Banfield.

I just don't remember ever seeing a credible eyewitness do an interview, accompanied by their lawyer, with the media prior to a trial.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:
  #678  
Old 04-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Adrienne37 Adrienne37 is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
If this witness information is true, it changes the body location that Tracy Martin described by about 60 feet farther to the south from (1) to (2) in the first image below, and places TM 60 feet closer to his own home.

The witness lives at 2831 Retreat View, and the SPD narrative says the body is between 2821 Retreat View and 1231 Twin Trees.
Which could mean again that SPD didn't inform Tracy Martin of all the details that happened that night I'm presuming?


~jmo~
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:
  #679  
Old 04-07-2012, 12:56 AM
katydid23's Avatar
katydid23 katydid23 is offline
Verified Juanette
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
Are you sure he meant the SA investigators and not the SPD investigators who were originally on the case? What's the point in bringing out a special investigator if they are just going to blow her off?

MOO
They were SA investigators, apparently. And they did not blow her off. They said they had specific questions that they had not seen clarified in the original interview with her. And they focused on a few key things they wanted to know.

Her attorney told Banfield that he thought they should have scrapped her original interview or testimony and had her start from scratch. But I disagree.

Why would she have to do that a month later? Didn't she give a full and truthful eyewitness report that night? I assume she did.

If they started over there would be a greater chance that she would have some distorted memories or things changed over time from what she has heard or read. imo
__________________
“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:
  #680  
Old 04-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Dr.Fessel's Avatar
Dr.Fessel Dr.Fessel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Central Illinois
Posts: 10,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
Is that what she said? Wonder if her phone records can back that up?
She said she told the operator she was going to hold the phone up to the screen so she could hear it. We never heard that on a tape.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:
  #681  
Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 AM
TonyGatto TonyGatto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,459
I don't understand SYG. Let's say a husband kills his wife in their home and then calls 911. Cops get there and the husband says she attacked me and I feared for my life. There are no witnesses and nothing that disproves his claim. He doesn't get arrested?
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TonyGatto For This Useful Post:
  #682  
Old 04-07-2012, 12:58 AM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
Sanford pulling that information from their site didn't make it disappear from the internet. It's all still out there.
Oh, I know! Some of our own lovely members here were smart enough to download it all .

I just wonder if the State prosecutor had found something hinky and that's why they wanted it deleted? They said they had a justifiable reason for wanting it down?

MOO
__________________
Justice for Trayvon
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:
  #683  
Old 04-07-2012, 12:58 AM
vlpate's Avatar
vlpate vlpate is offline
Child Advocate and Activist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
Sanford police talked to her the very first night, right after the killing. The lead homicide detective apparently, according to her, came to her place and taped the eyewitness testimony.

And then recently, the SA came out, and did a follow up, with her attorney present.
Thank you! This is why I like transcripts - ADD. lol
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:
  #684  
Old 04-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Isabelle's Avatar
Isabelle Isabelle is offline
Verified registered nurse
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
Has anyone ever read or heard how the initial connection was made between GZ and his first attorney, Craig Sonner?

Only reason I'm asking is I was spending time in Google trying to see if GZ had any martial arts training or background, which is not at all uncommon in the bouncer profession. It's also reportedly a good form of exercise for weight loss, which apparently Zimmerman has experienced.

I found nothing on Zimmerman, but did run across this on Sonner:



No big deal, just poking around.....
I thought I had read that GZ's dad reached out to him.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:
  #685  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:00 AM
itsreenw itsreenw is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
I know many would would love to believe that this was a teardrop.

I do believe though and this is MOO that it was more apt to be a raindrop.

Maybe God's way of grieving?
I don't know if many would love to believe that as opposed to believing it was something else. I don't think many have weighed that as a significant factor.

But it's possible the kid was scared and crying when he saw a gun pointed at him? And some people do cry right before they die. I have seen it myself.

And usually when one rain drop falls, there are more to follow. Seems like his face would have sprinkled drops all over but I don't understand why you're pointing this out?? Please share if it might shed some light on things that we haven't discussed.

Thanks
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to itsreenw For This Useful Post:
  #686  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Isabelle's Avatar
Isabelle Isabelle is offline
Verified registered nurse
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
I haven't seen this photo of Trayvon before. I love it. Such a nice looking kid. Such a tragic story. Arrest George Zimmerman NOW!


Beautiful! The only consolation his parents have is that no one can ever hurt Trayvon again.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:
  #687  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:01 AM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
They were SA investigators, apparently. And they did not blow her off. They said they had specific questions that they had not seen clarified in the original interview with her. And they focused on a few key things they wanted to know.

Her attorney told Banfield that he thought they should have scrapped her original interview or testimony and had her start from scratch. But I disagree.

Why would she have to do that a month later? Didn't she give a full and truthful eyewitness report that night? I assume she did.

If they started over there would be a greater chance that she would have some distorted memories or things changed over time from what she has heard or read. imo
Maybe she felt intimidated to say certain things in her statement? Like it was George screaming and not Trayvon? I want to see both personally because I want to see how intial investigators handled the questioning of the witnesses that night? So I agree that the original statements shouldn't just be scratched.

MOO
__________________
Justice for Trayvon
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:
  #688  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:01 AM
vlpate's Avatar
vlpate vlpate is offline
Child Advocate and Activist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGatto View Post
I don't understand SYG. Let's say a husband kills his wife in their home and then calls 911. Cops get there and the husband says she attacked me and I feared for my life. There are no witnesses and nothing that disproves his claim. He doesn't get arrested?
I'm not sure it applies inside your own home. You can kill a burglar here for breaking into your home, but you can't kill your spouse and claim she's a burglar. So.... dunno.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:
  #689  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Peliman's Avatar
Peliman Peliman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGatto View Post
I don't understand SYG. Let's say a husband kills his wife in their home and then calls 911. Cops get there and the husband says she attacked me and I feared for my life. There are no witnesses and nothing that disproves his claim. He doesn't get arrested?
Depends on the outcome of the investigation, as GZ is finding out. Right now GZ's story is under a microscope.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:
  #690  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Isabelle's Avatar
Isabelle Isabelle is offline
Verified registered nurse
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
I don't know?? Heck, I'm still waiting on anything one of the dash cams may have caught!

I'm obsessed with videos! I want to see the dash cam videos, I want to see the complex videos, I want to see the 7-11 videos, I want to see the whole night's entrance and exit videos from the Sanford Police Department (ones that may or may not show a "certain meetings.)?
I am obsessed with the autopsy. I want it now!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:
  #691  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:03 AM
katydid23's Avatar
katydid23 katydid23 is offline
Verified Juanette
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,852
I am not sure why people are saying the loud argument proves that nobody was blindsided. Couldn't one of them hit or grabbed or punched the other, and then they begin yelling at each other as they continue the struggle?
__________________
“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:
  #692  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:05 AM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
I am not sure why people are saying the loud argument proves that nobody was blindsided. Couldn't one of them hit or grabbed or punched the other, and then they begin yelling at each other as they continue the struggle?
Because we all heard the struggle. It didn't appear that there were any words being exchanged? Definitely not a verbal confrontation??

MOO
__________________
Justice for Trayvon
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:
  #693  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Lovejac's Avatar
Lovejac Lovejac is offline
These boys are my heartstrings!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: State of Disbelief. SC
Posts: 7,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
Looks like supporters of Chief Lee have begun a campaign.


http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...onfidence-vote
Best of luck with that!
__________________
Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:
  #694  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:06 AM
uvamerica uvamerica is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
I can't figure it out. Wasn't Trayvon quite a distance a head of Zimmerman and running? Is George that fast he could catch up with him easily? Or was Zimmerman right behind Trayvon all the time?
I think the last question you asked is the correct. I don't believe GZ lost sight of TM at all, this happened fast. And now we know about the 2 arguing for a longer time than first thought. I think it started immediately after GZ hung up with 911.
There isn't enough time in my mind for so much to happen in such a short period of time.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to uvamerica For This Useful Post:
  #695  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:07 AM
vlpate's Avatar
vlpate vlpate is offline
Child Advocate and Activist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
She said she told the operator she was going to hold the phone up to the screen so she could hear it. We never heard that on a tape.
I'm pretty sure LE said the 911 tapes were not representative of all the calls that came in that night in reference to TM. I've always thought they held back any which might be key ear witness evidence.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:
  #696  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:07 AM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
IF, and a big IF, it comes out that there was some kind of cover-up, could those who were in on it (officers, etc...) be charged with Accessory After the Fact?
__________________
Justice for Trayvon
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:
  #697  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:10 AM
katydid23's Avatar
katydid23 katydid23 is offline
Verified Juanette
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
Maybe she felt intimidated to say certain things in her statement? Like it was George screaming and not Trayvon? I want to see both personally because I want to see how intial investigators handled the questioning of the witnesses that night? So I agree that the original statements shouldn't just be scratched.

MOO
I don't know why she would feel intimidated, as she was sitting there with her attorney. I would think she could have said anything she wanted to at the time.

She talked about the initial investigators. She said they asked her just to tell them what she saw and heard. And they put on the recorder and she told the story as she remembered it.

The thing is that she didn't really hear or see much of anything. She could hear voices, but not anything that was said. And she could see the figures, but not really tell who was who.

And I get the feeling that she initially told them she couldn't see who was on top, but now she is saying it was GZ on top. So I think that is why they seem reticent because she is filling in the blanks later. imo
__________________
“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:
  #698  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Adrienne37 Adrienne37 is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
I'm pretty sure LE said the 911 tapes were not representative of all the calls that came in that night in reference to TM. I've always thought they held back any which might be key ear witness evidence.
But you said earlier that this particular witness was not credible so if that is the case, then why haven't we heard her 911 call?



~jmo~
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:
  #699  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:11 AM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
I'm pretty sure LE said the 911 tapes were not representative of all the calls that came in that night in reference to TM. I've always thought they held back any which might be key ear witness evidence.
That's so strange though? Did they hold them back from Trayvon's parents too? I thought they won the right to get the 911 tapes released?
__________________
Justice for Trayvon
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:
  #700  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:11 AM
i.b.nora i.b.nora is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Left Coast USA
Posts: 5,776
I am waiting for the transcript to appear from AC360 tonight, but, in the meantime, what the witness said was, that she did talk with an investigator in her home that night. She also said that they had a community meeting (I believe the next night) at the Clubhouse and that some of the same Police people came and that they encouraged people to call if they had any more questions or information or for any reason having to do with the 'incident'. They handed out cards with phone numbers to call. She said that after that she tried twice to call the Sanford Police and no one called her back.

This week the State Attorney reps met with her and interviewed her for about 15 minutes, some of which according to her attorney was just banter.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
florida, george zimmerman, justice4trayvon, self defense, stand your ground law, trayvon, trayvon martin, trayvon martin murder, twin trees

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15 imamaze George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 1163 04-03-2012 05:28 PM
17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14 imamaze George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 1285 04-02-2012 04:17 PM
17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #13 imamaze George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 912 04-01-2012 04:54 PM
FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12 ynotdivein George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 934 03-31-2012 09:12 PM
FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11 beach George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 1090 03-31-2012 08:26 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!