Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin > George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads

Notices

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads All closed discussion threads about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.Not open for posting- but there is plenty of reading.

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchvixen View Post
Does anyone know if he can still invoke SYG in regards to a minor?
Good question!
WS Super Moderator

http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Prose...on_Martin_Case

prayer vigil at 7 tonight
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
59 minutes! Wish I had some beer? Can the mod's bring us some shots from the sidebar? I tried to yesterday, but it wasn't as nice as the Mod's bars?
According to CNN/HLN, Bourbon is the drink of the day

Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 04-11-2012 at 05:19 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
Anyone know anything about the FL statute this article is talking about?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/10/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t1
once GZ is charged, the defense can file for the charges to be dismissed under this statue, they will then go before a judge and the defense will attempt to prove their case, this is one part of our justice system where the weight is on the defense to prove it was self defense or syg law. the judge can agree with the defense and dismiss the charges, this doesn't stop the procescutor can appeal that decision if that happens.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuriod View Post
At this site,

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog...ill-be-charged

They are already broadcasting live (but I don't think they realize they are broadcasting) from the Jacksonville Courthouse, the newscaster and a lawyer were chatting and the lawyer said that even if A. Corey charged GZ with the lesser charge of manslaughter that GZ will still face life in prison because of using a gun in the commission of a crime.
YES! We live for hot mics around here!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
That's what I like to hear! Peaceful vigils! My heart is with Trayvon's family to night! They did what any parent would have done in their shoes and they did it will dignity and class.
Verified registered nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvamerica View Post
Can I ask a question (mods), now that GZ is being charged, are we to still consider him a victim ?

(not that I ever thought he was)

I didn't before today and will never!
Former Member

Quote:
I love that you put Trayvon's mothers words as your signature! It puts a smile on my face everytime I read it.
Such class and dignity that this woman has. I applaud her, I sympathize with her, and I admire her for standing strong through her fight for Trayvon. Trayvon was certainly fortunate that he has two such wonderful parents.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:10 PM
WS Super Moderator

Martin'
s family has announced they will hold a news conference in Washington, D.C. immediately following the announcement from Angela Corey.
by Andrea Dennis/WESH.com 4:51 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kcci.com/Event/Prose...#ixzz1rlhrLrcX
Old 04-11-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
If he is out of state I say he is in NY.
I seriously doubt it. NYS does not have SYG and GZ likes to tote his gun around. Plus, based on how NY embraced TM's family I doubt he would come here well not in NYC anyways...
Old 04-11-2012, 05:12 PM

Hi,

This is my first post, so I want to make it clear this is inference, but I hope it's not considered wild speculation. I just keep wondering why no one in the news is pointing out that the gun used in this case (a Kel Tec PF 9) is one that is noted for serious recoil. I'm sort of hoping that if an arrest is possibly today if it won't be brought up, but I sort of doubt it.

Here is a video popular on You Tube that shows the recoil issue with the Kel Tec 9 mm in slow motion.

Here is an article stating this the gun used in the Martin case.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,7100977.story

The reason I bring it up is that if you have spent time in a gun range you see injuries as those mentioned by Zimmerman often, especially if the gun in question is a "barker", or has a strong recoil. If the shooter doesn't hold the gun correctly it literally flies up hitting the shooter in the face, and often knocks the individual to the ground. (Hard!) Recoil accidents are more common than I guess most people realize.

This is another popular video off Youtube with a random bad stance (and nervous) shooter.

I'm surprised with all the coverage, and taking time to look at the videos and audio of the case no has even mentioned recoil as a possibility in regards to the shooter's injury. I'm not saying he wasn't attacked, or that I know what happened, it's just strange no one is bringing up what seems like a good question regarding the gun used.

If this isn't the right way to post I'm sorry in advance, but the media not mentioning the gun issue or really any of the hard evidence either way is sort of frustrating.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchvixen View Post
I seriously doubt it. NYS does not have SYG and GZ likes to tote his gun around. Plus, based on how NY embraced TM's family I doubt he would come here well not in NYC anyways...
He may feel most safe in the Sanford PD....^i^

"I believe there are angels among us..."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Storm For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
I didn't before today and will never!
He is and has always been a victim of his own delusions!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Retired WS Staff

Location: The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
YES! We live for hot mics around here!
Everyone, remain seated!!!

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
HDT
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
Hope it's streamed or televised. I'd like to be there.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Usually out just horsin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Squirrel View Post
Carrying over a question from the other thread.

Does anyone have a source for TM's drug test results?
Smelly Squirrel, I made the mistaken post that TM's tox screen results were public knowledge and I retracted that post. Didn't delete it but apologized for posting incorrect info.

Halt, face away from me and put the Occam's Razor on the ground now; put your hands on your head and interlace your fingers behind your head.

"Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is the right thing to do."-Justice Potter Stewart, US Supreme Court Justice 1915-1985
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jaded cat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
That's what I like to hear! Peaceful vigils! My heart is with Trayvon's family to night! They did what any parent would have done in their shoes and they did it will dignity and class.
Isn't that something about dignity and class? It can't be bought. I don't think TM's parents have gone past maybe 1 year of college however they have class. Look at GZ's attorneys' behavior yesterday. All of that education and foufou stuff means nothing. They are such low class individuals.. a total turnoff

No one should ever have to think of their child in a body bag.
It hits to the depth of ones soul. I cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intexas View Post
Hi,

This is my first post, so I want to make it clear this is inference, but I hope it's not considered wild speculation. I just keep wondering why no one in the news is pointing out that the gun used in this case (a Kel Tec PF 9) is one that is noted for serious recoil. I'm sort of hoping that if an arrest is possibly today if it won't be brought up, but I sort of doubt it.

Here is a video popular on You Tube that shows the recoil issue with the Kel Tec 9 mm in slow motion.

Kel-tec PF-9 Recoil Demonstration & Failure to Eject - YouTube

The reason I bring it up is that if you have spent time in a gun range you see injuries as those mentioned by Zimmerman often, especially if the gun in question is a "barker", or has a strong recoil. If the shooter doesn't hold the gun correctly it literally flies up hitting the shooter in the face, and often knocks the individual to the ground. (Hard!) Recoil accidents are more common than I guess most people realize.

This is another popular video off Youtube with a random bad stance (and nervous) shooter.

Woman hit in face by gun recoil LOL! - YouTube

I'm surprised with all the coverage, and taking time to look at the videos and audio of the case no has even mentioned recoil as a possibility in regards to the shooter's injury. I'm not saying he wasn't attacked, or that I know what happened, it's just strange no one is bringing up what seems like a good question regarding the gun used.

If this isn't the right way to post I'm sorry in advance, but the media not mentioning the gun issue or really any of the hard evidence either way is sort of frustrating.
wow, thank you for that info. we havent talked about it cause we had no idea, I wager!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hi,

Your doing great !
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to uvamerica For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Hi,

I brought that up earlier and was shoo shooed! Doesn't sound like a very good gun. I think he shot from a distance, the recoil popped his nose and he fell backward hitting his head against a tree or waste receptacle (there was a large, tall green one along the walk way in one of the pics of the area).
Old 04-11-2012, 05:20 PM

How many of you think that KC feels like Velma Kelly from the play Chicago? All eyes used to be on her at one time but now even her attorney has his eyes on another hot story. There will always be another sensational murder story.

Quote:
Hi,

Great post!!

Jeff Ashton‏@ElectJeffAshtonReply
Retweet

I will be on Dr. Drew on HLN at 9pm and WKMG 6 & CFNEWS 13 after the Angela Corey news conference at 6pm
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecracker View Post
once GZ is charged, the defense can file for the charges to be dismissed under this statue, they will then go before a judge and the defense will attempt to prove their case, this is one part of our justice system where the weight is on the defense to prove it was self defense or syg law. the judge can agree with the defense and dismiss the charges, this doesn't stop the procescutor can appeal that decision if that happens.
Did I hear the two clown attorneys that used to represent GZ say this morning or afternoon that they have received new information to the case that has made them see the case differently? Did I misunderstand them?