Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin > George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads

Notices

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads All closed discussion threads about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.Not open for posting- but there is plenty of reading.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Admin

17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #23

Please continue here.

It is a good time to review the Rules forum.
Link here

Remember the "ignore" feature on your profile page.

Please stick with the facts as reported by LE or MSM, and link them. Link them often if necessary.

Please clearly state when it is your opinion. If you are making an inference please clearly outline and link the facts and evidence that have led you to form that inference. Wild speculation about any case player has no place here.

Please PM a mod with any questions or concerns and alert any TOS violations or offensive posts.

And finally, PLEASE address one another respectfully. Last reminder.

Blogs and Twitter links and discussion of them are allowed only if it's an approved WS link or a link from main stream media (MSM).

Just a reminder:
WS does not permit links that solicit donations without the clear permission of the owners . This is to protect our members and for no other reason.

In this public forum, we need to stick to the facts of this case and that's our discussion here. Please, we ask that you do what you do best - SLEUTH THE CASE.

Looking for news links? Have your found a good MSM story you'd like to share? Please post these links in the
MEDIA LINKS No Discussion thread

SOUND OFF Private Forum Companion Thread
Anyone feeling overheated or wishing to discuss the demonstrations, political, religious or racial aspects of the Trayvon Martin case, please check out our new forum in the private area of Websleuths accessible only to Websleuths members, called SOUND OFF.

Warning: Be sure to read the Required Read sticky post.
Link to Trayvon Martin Sound Off Here

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

Thread #12

Thread #13

Thread #14

Thread #15

Thread #16

Thread #17

Thread #18

Thread #19

Thread #20

Thread #21

Thread #22

Last edited by beach; 04-12-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Former Member

Is there any word on what time the bond hearing is?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to grandmaj For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Verified registered nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
Is there any word on what time the bond hearing is?
1:30 pm Florida time.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
is there any word on what time the bond hearing is?
1:30 est

I want to see medical documents and autopsy.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:15 AM

darn it! I lost all my quotes to comment on from the last thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to lillygator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:16 AM

Any idea if and when we would getto see docs. Will any evidence be presented at the pretrial about the syg defense?
The Following User Says Thank You to belle3 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
1:30 pm Florida time.
Just wanted to state that not all of FL is in EST -- I'm on CST and always seem to get the time change wrong
Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 AM

What i can't wait for, is all this "secret evidence" to come out. If Zimmerman had the wounds he says he did, i want to see the photographs, i want to see or hear the testimoney of the EMT onsite that attended to him. He says he was bleeding? Then the defense should be able to say where the blood was at on Trayvon. Surely is he's pinning him, punching him in the face, nose and banging hs head on the cement, while muffling his cries for help (per Robert Zimmerman's speech last night) Trayvon had to have some blood on his clothing belonging to Zimmerman???

On the other hand, i think the prosecution is sitting on something, either witness testimony, video that hasn't been released yet, something that nails Zimmerman, or else that would of pursued manslaughter. There's got to be some "smoking gun" that's going to make us all say... "Well there's no ducking your way out of this George!"
Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob774 View Post
What i can't wait for, is all this "secret evidence" to come out. If Zimmerman had the wounds he says he did, i want to see the photographs, i want to see or hear the testimoney of the EMT onsite that attended to him. He says he was bleeding? Then the defense should be able to say where the blood was at on Trayvon. Surely is he's pinning him, punching him in the face, nose and banging hs head on the cement, while muffling his cries for help (per Robert Zimmerman's speech last night) Trayvon had to have some blood on his clothing belonging to Zimmerman???

On the other hand, i think the prosecution is sitting on something, either witness testimony, video that hasn't been released yet, something that nails Zimmerman, or else that would of pursued manslaughter. There's got to be some "smoking gun" that's going to make us all say... "Well there's no ducking your way out of this George!"
Maybe looking for a plea?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:
Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.

I *really* hope the crime scene was processed properly. . .

Etilema, in response to your question about the knocking sound on the 911 call.....

I dunno. I guess that's why I am so curious about the outside sounds in this call.

According to csziggy's post on the last thread there were 3 sets of 3 knocks, 2:41:70. 3:04:07, & 3:07:40. Am I figuring it correctly at 26 seconds total?

Those dadgum mysterious knocks vex me!

wm

ETA: I just realized this was my 5001st post! woohoo!

Numbers,32:23

Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 04-12-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: ETA
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM

I want bullet trajectory, entry point, and firing distance. And I want it now. That's not asking for too much, is it?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM

Here is a quick and VERY amateur video I just made regarding the PF9, as there were some questions earlier about sounds in the 911 call. I don't know what the sounds were, but wanted to show what sound this would make if you were "preparing to use/carry etc.."

I'm not a gun expert, just someone who carries.

Anadarko
Old 04-12-2012, 11:32 AM

Anyone found any online streaming links for the bond hearing?

ETA: HLN just said they will cover it live - I would still like a streaming link because they always cut to commercials
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob774 View Post

The initial police report stated he was bleeding from his nose and the back of his head.

I know a lot of people do not believe that report, but I just thought I'd point that out.
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
Just wanted to state that not all of FL is in EST -- I'm on CST and always seem to get the time change wrong
Time Zone challenged! Thanks. I'm central too and always mess it up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
The initial police report stated he was bleeding from his nose and the back of his head.

I know a lot of people do not believe that report, but I just thought I'd point that out.
I dont disbelieve it, I just dont know its cause. maybe it was like one brilliant poster yesterday said, perhaps the recoil from the gun caused the injuries. perhaps in trayvon's fight for his life against an armed man who was following him he got a few hits in. he died for nothing more than Zimmerman's overzealousness so I sure wouldnt begrudge him some self defense.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anadarko View Post
Here is a quick and VERY amateur video I just made regarding the PF9, as there were some questions earlier about sounds in the 911 call. I don't know what the sounds were, but wanted to show what sound this would make if you were "preparing to use/carry etc.."

PF9 - YouTube

Anadarko
Thanks. That was scary, but awesome!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
I dont disbelieve it, I just dont know its cause. maybe it was like one brilliant poster yesterday said, perhaps the recoil from the gun caused the injuries. perhaps in trayvon's fight for his life against an armed man who was following him he got a few hits in. he died for nothing more than Zimmerman's overzealousness so I sure wouldnt begrudge him some self defense.
We also don't know if some of that blood came from Trayvon. I doubt that they tested to see if any of the blood was Trayvon's.

Witnesses said ( paraphrasing ) that right after the shooting he was walking with his hands on his head.

Sadly, I don't think we'll ever know the answer to that.

JMHO
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anadarko View Post

PF9 - YouTube

Anadarko
That was so helpful, Anadarko! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this video for us. YOU ROCK!

Ok now off to compare the sounds in the 911 call!

wm

Numbers,32:23
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post

Initial report also states by a PO “While the SFD was attending to Zimmerman, I over heard him state “I was yelling for someone to help me, but no one would help me.”

At this time he did not know that the scream was captures on the 911 call. It is my opinion that it WAS GZ screaming on the 911 tape.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:42 AM

How long does that screaming last until the shots are fired? Would anybody have had time to hear and come save him?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfla View Post
Initial report also states by a PO “While the SFD was attending to Zimmerman, I over heard him state “I was yelling for someone to help me, but no one would help me.”

At this time he did not know that the scream was captures on the 911 call. It is my opinion that it WAS GZ screaming on the 911 tape.
I agree.
I think it was GZ also.

From the evidence I have SEEN:
I think he was attacked.
I think he wanted help so he didn't have to shoot TM.

I think this is self defense.

BUT, I have not seen all the evidence and I try to look at each new thing with an open mind.

2nd degree murder? I'm thinking they have something pretty solid.
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:45 AM

Quoting gxm
Quote:
BBM.

GZ did not make 46 calls in a year. The call records show that he made about 45 calls from 2004 to 2012, that's about an eight-year period. It's this sort of misinformation that makes me feel sympathy for GZ. The truth is bad enough, it doesn't require embellishment.

(Not directed at you Donjeta, I just find it frustrating that this bad info is still floating around in the memesphere.)

JMO, OMO, and
thanks for the correction. I'll rephrase and say that I find it astonishing that he didn't know the street addresses after all that time he'd spent on neighborhood watch patrol and dealing with whichever issues the residents thought fit to call him about after the flyer was published instructing them to.

There are not that many streets there.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread