Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 04-14-2012, 03:39 PM
A diamond in process

2 Teens Face Murder Charges In SW Florida Slayings

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office says deputies were notified Monday about injuries at a Lehigh Acres home. Deputies say they found a trail of blood leading to the bodies of Amy Ann Lorah and her 16-year-old son William Haley.
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/04/14...rida-slayings/

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 06:42 PM
These boys are my heartstrings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office says deputies were notified Monday about injuries at a Lehigh Acres home. Deputies say they found a trail of blood leading to the bodies of Amy Ann Lorah and her 16-year-old son William Haley.
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/04/14...rida-slayings/
from your link.

Is THIS what their lives were worth??!!

Quote:
According to the sheriff’s office, a 16-year-old and a 17-year-old went to the home Sunday intending to rob Lorah’s son. Authorities say the 16-year-old shot and killed Lorah and her son. Both teens allegedly then stole a safe containing $370 and a gun.
Disgusting
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM

One of our members is from there...trying to remember who...I just posted with them the other day...
Old 04-14-2012, 10:17 PM

i am from ft myers which is right next to lehigh.
its just getting worse and worse.
The Following User Says Thank You to tracy87 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 12:18 AM
A diamond in process

Justin Wirth and Clayton Combs seemed just as shocked and grief-stricken as anyone at lunch on Tuesday, as they spoke with classmates about the killing of their close friend and his mother.

snip...Wirth was Haley’s close friend, and once stayed at his house for three months after getting kicked out of his own home. Combs is one of more than 600 members of a R.I.P. William Dalton Haley Facebook group. The two suspects are students at Riverdale, as was Haley.
http://www.news-press.com/article/20...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

Still no answer to why except that maybe Haley may have once pointed a gun at Wirth.

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 12:25 AM
A diamond in process

Amy Ann Lorah, a victim of Monday’s double homicide in Lehigh Acres, would often welcome stray teenagers into her home.

snip...Barnes said it’s possible Lorah took in the wrong teenager and suffered the consequences. This past year, one of them ended up robbing her and Lorah pressed charges, Barnes said.
http://www.news-press.com/article/20...victims-before

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post: